Perricone No Foundation Foundation

2.9

Zinc Oxide (12.2%), Titanium Dioxide (3.2%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Cyclomethicone, Peg 100 Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycolic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Fruit Extract, Mica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethyl Mea (DMAE), Tribehenin, Polyacrylamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Lecithin, Thioctic Acid (Alpha-Lipoic Acid), PEG-8, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Lactate, Xanthan Gum, Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Sterol, Teprenone, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Plankton Extract, Micrococcus Lysate, C13-14 Isopara_N, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 72122, CI 72123, CI 72124), Citric Acid, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Ascorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Limonene, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Linalool, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Bulnesia Sarmientoi Wood Oil, Coriandrum Sativum.

on 3/27/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't get the hate for this product.
it's a tinted moisturizer, not a foundation. Do not try to apply like foundation, because that is not what it is. It should not leave your face orange unless you are using a lot of product.
I use a pea sized (like a regular, not a petite pea) amount for my face, and apply with my fingers. I am fair skinned, but this does not make me orange- it does impart a nice glow to the skin, however.
It does have a bit of a scent to it, but I don't think it smells like fish.
The major downside here is the price. This stuff is expensive! I would swap for this product again but I am not sure whether or not I would actually buy it, as my PF organic wear TM is far cheaper. I will wait and see how long the sample tube lasts to get a good idea of cost per month of this product.

on 3/26/2010 10:21:00 AM

Wow, was I disappointed in this. I got the sample from sephora, it is in a squeeze tube. It is a generous amount, I'm sure you could use it for a week or so. However, it is so dark and orange that I couldn't make it work for me. I looked like an oompa loompa. The smell was awful too and my sample wasn't old. It also took a long time to set on my face. I wanted to put some pressed powder on my nose and chin about 5 minutes after I applied it (a very thin layer) and it was still sticky. I love the idea of this product, but the execution falls short.

on 3/17/2010 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in love with the non-chemical SPF "no foundation" idea. Let me tell you, this left my face several shades darker than normal, even after buffed with powder! After 10 minutes I had to take it off and go without (late for work :( There is a reviewer who is NC42 who likes this - I think it may be great for darker skintones. I kind of thought the no foundation thing meant "one size fits all," but I guess this is too good to be true. It gains one star for texture and physical SPF - otherwise, looks like I smeared mud on my face.

on 3/7/2010 12:55:00 AM

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I wanted to like it since it has SPF30. However, it doesn't cover redness or uneveness so I still need to use foundation. You're better off sticking to a good sunscreen.

on 1/23/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What a waste. According to the product spiel this should be great~ spf, skincare, foundation, right? The product was so thick it was impossible to blend. I tried it over thick moisturizer, primer etc. nothing worked. I felt like I was working in a lab, trying to concoct all of these different formulations! The color still stayed very orange, too. I stopped to think~ why I was going to all this trouble to make 1oz for $50 product work? For that amount, I shouldn't have to do anything except apply. It also felt extremely chalky, itchy and all around uncomfortable.

I hardly ever return used makeup, but this one had to go. Of course I got the "stink eye", but I couldn't keep this useless product and in good conscious, I couldn't offer this up for swap.

on 1/7/2010 7:48:00 AM

I am always interested in a good foundation with SPF, so I gave this a whirl. I think this foundation can be summed up in one word: ICK.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it has a strong, fishy odor, even when it's brand-spanking new, and the color is orangey. I used a little bit of powder over it, which helped to conquer both the smell (which doesn't last long, anyway) and to temper the orange tone. However, what I hated the most was the texture. Even on a well-moisturized face, this isn't very blendable. It doesn't look chunky, but it feels that way; it simply doesn't want to spread and absorb. I won't purchase this one again. In fact, I'm getting rid of what I have.

on 1/2/2010 2:54:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product. My favorite foundation (Diorskin Pure Light) was discontinued last year & I've been searching for something to give sheer, dewey coverage. This one looked like it might work. Wrong. Like many of your other reviewers, I could not get over the strong "empty tuna can" smell of this product. It looked great on, but after a few minutes I had to wash it off - the smell was just too much for me. I have 2 new kittens at home & seriously worried they'd pounce on my face the instant I got downstairs! I use other Perricone products & while they don't smell very good either, at least the tuna scent dissipates after a few minutes. O well, my search continues.

on 12/20/2009 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

**Updated to take off 1 lippie because it became too difficult to work with, blending wise.**

Wow, this stuff is pricey ($50 USD for 1 ounce) but so worth it. My skin is sensitive, pimple-prone and is a bit uneven in tone. This foundation addresses so many of the issues I've been dealing with (well, not pimples per se). First and foremost, it evens out my skin undertones and now my complexion looks 100% better. It makes my pores appear smaller as well. It's a strange product in that it only comes in one shade. I still need to use a bit of Dermablend concealer, but I've done that for all of my other foundations. Use it with a light moisturizer underneath; a heavier one will make a whitish cast more prominent. I have to warm up my cheeks afterward with a touch of blush, but that's pretty much it. It has a non-chemical SPF 30 to boot. I'll update if it turns on me.

on 11/25/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was excited to have the opportunity to try this product when a generous sample was included in my Perricone order. The write up makes is sound PERFECT!! However, it is a bad color--very orange (no matter HOW thinly you apply it & blend it) [am NC25-30], and my oily skin starting shining right away after application. It also contains fragrance, not good for those of us with allergies. Am sticking with my Oil Of Olay Spf 15--unscented, and my new HG foundation: Skin Per-fekt. A huge disappointment!!

on 11/1/2009 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My NC37 coloring can just barely get away with this-- if I use only one pump and dust on a little bronzer. It's very pretty and dewy, but just a tad too light. It could be the zinc oxide that gives my skin a faint whitish cast. I'm a GGG/MMM; unlike other posters I find it to be more pink than orange. This might be better for me in the depths of winter when I'm paler. I the meantime, it works great as a non-chemical sunscreen under other makeup. But, who wants to pay $50 for a sunscreen?

UnIess I get great results from the actives in this I probably won't repurchase.

PS: I don't detect the fishy smell that others have mentioned.

Update- wanted to love this-- I like the idea of applying a natural looking foundation and 30 spf in one step. BUT... I'm downgrading this to just two lippies, This makes me look like a sick disco ball. The color is just plain weird and the formula has too much shimmer.