September 18, 2014 | 1871 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought into the hype for this product as I was hoping for dewy glowing skin. I just don't think that look is possible for me as this just didn't do much-it didn't show up at all on my pale skin. It's totally overpriced for what you get but does seem to last a while. I'm sure there's something cheaper out there that will work better for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by madams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a great highlighter and gives my skin a lovely understated glow .
I only need to apply a little, a couple of dots on the cheekbone will do and also on my cupids bow and the centre of my lips.
However, it is quite expensive yet does last for a long time, but you can get many cheaper alternatives which are similar such as MEMEME beat the blues highlighter for under a fiver.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by m4mitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this. I dot it onto my cheekbones and up towards my temples in a "C" shape, and then pat gently to blend. It gives me a nice shimmery glow that doesn't look over the top. I also sometimes put it on my browbone, although I generally don't bother. The consistency is like that of goopy nail polish, and blends easily.

I think this helps make me look more awake and gives me a bit of a glow in the early morning when I need it! This is quickly becoming a staple in my makeup routine.

ETA: This rubs off easily and I don't know if there's something I can do to set it, so I have to be careful to remember not to touch/rub my face or it will transfer onto my fingers and the rest of my face. I've also noticed that since I tap the brush against the edge of the bottle to get rid of excess product before applying, some product ends up staying on the edge of the rim and drying up, and potentially wastes product.

That said, I still wear this regularly and am very pleased with it. I'm removing one lippie because of the drawbacks, but I still would recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1. Very easy to blend.
2. Since it is pink, it correct my yellow undertone which makes the highlight looks fresher
3. It's long lasting
4. Natural looking

Cons:
1. I don't like the package at all. You can't really use the blush on the cap to apply the product as it will be too much. I think it will be better if it is cotton wand like how they have for lipgloss.
2. It is kind of pricey, as a white/pink simmer eyeshadow will do the same job. The bottle is huge, but I don't think I can finish using it in like 50 years... That's why although I like the product, I won't buy it again since I don't need to.

Update: I found out that if you mix this with any of your liquid foundation, it gives a super natural glow to your skin, which is great. Still a 4 lippies since it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I really like this highlighter. Even though Moon Beam is supposed to be better for warmer complexions (since it's yellowy), I think High Beam is actually the true universally flattering highlighter. It's a cool-toned, very slightly pink pearly color that leaves a beautiful natural-looking highlight on the skin. Be sure to use it very, very sparingly, otherwise it will look obvious. I use three tiny, tiny little dots on my cheekbone, browbone and the spot between. Then I blend the three dots in a "C" shape. I'll also use a tiny dot on my chin and the bridge of my nose. This technique brings out my bone structure nicely and takes that wan, tired look away, leaving one looking glowy and well-rested.

This may seem pricey, but the bottle should last a long, long time if you use it as I suggest. And it obviates the need for a lot of other makeup. Just use this, concealer, powder (to set the concealer and on the t-zone if you're oily), do your brows (if necessary), and add mascara and you'll look naturally lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by iamjess03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I would love this but I ended up returning it and getting a Nars powdered highlighter instead. I don't know if it was because of the color or because it was liquid but I just didn't like how it looked on me at all. And in pictures it looked funny on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mysweater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love High Beam! Honestly, I haven't tried many other highlighters because I got this one a while ago and don't see any reason to look for a new one. It looks completely natural on and not "makeup-y". It's a little thick, but my bottle is old (I've had it WAY longer than you should probably keep makeup, shh...it lasts forever). I use this every time I put on makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by susiepayne

I love this product and it is in my daily routine. It is pricey but in relation to how long it lasts its worth the expense. My tub usually lasts me about a year (i wear it almost everyday). It is very subtle but for a night out you can really build ti up to greater effect.

I used to use revlon skin lights which is a lot more dewy and you feel it alot more on your face- this however you don't feel as its so light.

Must have product. I personallly wear it under my bronzer not over as i feel when over it can sumtimes muck up the bronzer colour.

xx

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by endometrium

This is the most natural looking highlighter I've found yet. I use it everyday when I do my make-up now. I like the pinkish tinge is has and I find the application to be pretty simple. I find its best to kind of dab it lightly into your skin as opposed to rubbing while you're blending in the product for maximum results. The packaging is also really cute, I love the way benefit packages their lip stains and luminizers into nail polish-esque bottles.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jennam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like this product. It does go on a little weird, it is a nail polish brush. the trick to making this work is to bled with finger Immediately( this is important or it will go streaky).
I make three sweeps over each cheek, one down the nose and under each eyebrow bone. Blend with finger.
I like this because it brightens my complexion immediately and doesn't look sparkly and fake and fits easily in my purse for quick touch ups. The nail polish look is a little weird at first but extremely convenient. No it does not last all day long but really what does? Maybe two touch ups for the entire day.
Price, it does seem steep at first( around $30) if you have a dull complexion the needs brightening this works. With this simple bottle its quick, easy and convenient.
I do not use foundation just tinted moisturizer and have never found this to flake. Also, i do not detect any smell worth mentioning. I do also do not find this looking glassy as some other reviewers have mentioned.