December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kimhinton84

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this powder for about 2 years now. I stumbled upon it by sheer accident when I was desparate for a powder and happened to be at the drugstore searching. This powder goes on light (I use a fairly fluffy powder brush I bought at the drugstore for $5) and definitely gives a finished look and seals the makup. I agree not enough color choices, but find the medium beige works well with my skintone. Only thing I don't like is I have to reapply in t-zone about every two hours. It doesn't dry out my skin, though, which is a good thing. Works very well with Almay longwearing makup. Doesn't work too well with Maybelline superstay 24 hour makeup, though. I also tried Revlons Colorstay matte powder which worked well (not too often to reapply), but dried my skin out in areas. Had to stop using. Buy the Maybelline! You'll be surprised!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by killahshortiee89

I used to use a clinique loose powder to set my makeup but found that when it oxidized it made my face oily and much darker than it actually is. Therefore I bought this product for about $10 at my local drugstore after seeing a youtube guru rave about it. It is a really good setting powder and really does give you a matte finish. You can see a dramatic difference from before you apply it and after. It also lasts a couple of hours depending on the humidity outside. The only downside is that there are very few color selections. My complexion is more on the dark side so when I apply this powder, it does make my skin a bit paler but when it oxidizes it blends in with my skin color instead of making me look darker which is a plus. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I have been looking for a matte powder to set my face with for awhile. I read the reviews for this product and decided to get it. I must say that it works well. When I first apply it it eliminates the shine on my face and keeps it matte. It makes my face look smooth and even and its not too heavy. It keeps the shine from my face for hours. If I go too long I do notice oil coming through so I blot my face and re-apply it. Not a big deal. Overall its a good product. It doesn't break me out. I enjoy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by prettyascanbe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used it as a setting powder it definitely does a good job as that, it keeps my skin matte for a long time (probably between 12 to 16 hours...mind you I have normal to combination skin). It doesn't break me out or anything either so its great :) I definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tokidoki123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a good setting powder for really glowy foundations or tacky concealers. The powder has slight shimmers that barely show up and the texture runs a little on the chalky side. There is virtually no color payoff because its pretty sheer. The "matte" part of the product lasts me about four hours before i need to touch up so its okay. The packaging is really bulky for me and I find the swivele mechanism a hassle for touch ups. A good powder for those who are in a budget, but I perfer a powder with a finer texture. Also the color selection is lacking for ladies who are darker.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent powder, but I don't get the hype. I have it in Sand and it's a decent match, maybe a tiny bit light but it's not super-pigmented so it doesn't make much difference. I put it on with a kabuki brush and it adds a little bit of extra coverage and does mattify nicely, but it doesn't stay matte for nearly as long as I expected from reading other reviews. Then again, nothing ever really keeps my nose shine-free for more than an hour or two at a time, especially in the summer, so I can't really blame the product.

I might repurchase if it was on sale, but it's not my HG powder or anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nanimo8

This product is generally OK but I cannot wear this as a "foundation" because It makes me look like a cakeface- seriously. I really dislike the spounge thing it comes with, i reccomend that if u buy this product, throw the spounge out! it is the worst for applying it, your better off using a kaboki or just a big fluffy brush. The product it self is, very matte and shine reducing for oily skin but to put enough on so that it covers any redness, you've already to put on too much. It also doesnt have much staying power as well. I use just a bit of it over my fondation to cover anything not covered inicially by the foudation. I love the compact but i think the twist out mirror and spounge is a bit unnessicary but you can't blame them for trying. I am afraid to use this product as it is very cakey and I do not need the heavy coverage on my skin and I also broke out if i used this product every day, so I wont buy this again. I will probably finish what is left and invest in a better product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Belledeear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product very much and recommend it to all. it definitely does its job and makes your skin nice and smooth. the packaging is cute because it provides a slide out mirror that's always fun to whip out. if you need a sheer, matte-fying powder, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by mommy2avarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favorite powder at the moment, and I've tried a lot. This will not cake up on you and gives a beautiful matte finish. It's so smooth, I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by ecstacyfeind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is definetly one of my favorite powers that ive ever tried. it bought it a looong time ago when it was in the older packaging, but anyways i wear this in beige medium 2-2.5 and i normally wear nc35 and i get a really good color match. it keeps me matte for a good few hrs whcich is amazing since i have pretty oily skin. the powder is very sheer and light whicch is perfect for a setting or touch up powder. very cheap especially when on sale. i highly recommentd this product. its just as good as anyother high end pressed powder ive tired. amazing and i think that everyone should try it. at my drugstore they only carried like 4 shades and the darkest one wasnt very dark at all. so if your nc-nw 45 or deepeer idk if this is for you. but maybe on the website or in other stores they would have a better color range,