September 21, 2014 | 2174 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff!!This is my absolute HG eye makeup remover product! It does an amazing job of cleaning off even the most stubborn of mascara..I use this by scooping a glob of it out with my finger tip, rubbing it on my upper and lower eyelid and then closing my eye and rubbing the cream over my mascara and stuff until I use a kleenex to whip the makeup-cream residue off. I highly recommend using Kleenex tissues to wipe the cream off cause those are the softest tissues and they don't irritate or dry out my eye area. I notice that when I'm out of kleenex and I have to use toilet paper, it's either really rough or it breaks up all over my eyelid, and it just becomes an annoyance. I don't use this cream on my face whatsoever because I have super sensitive skin and couldn't stand mineral oil near it. I've even broken out sometimes when I get the cream near my upper cheeks, so I stay away from my sensitive pores for the most part. I usually use the cream with the darker green lid because the cream is more watered down and can be taken off easier, but one day I accidently bought the lighter green lidded one (much thicker and creamier) and hated it at first because it caused milia under my eye, but since I waited to long I couldn't return it anymore and had to keep using it. Well since I kept using it my skin normalized my use of it and the milia went away and my skin area is left SO moisturized with this cream that I even like it better. I think it does a better job of keeping my eye are youthful looking than the other darker lidded cream. The point is, you NEED oil in your eye makeup remover cause the eye area's delicate skin can dry out easily and become crepy, so with makeup removers rich in oil, your eye skin is preserved. Because of this, I highly encourage avoiding eye makeup removers that say "oil-free" or contain alcohol cause those can in turn be rather drying and cause premature aging...My friend's mother has used this for years and she looks SO young, so I will definitely be sticking to this makeup remover forever! HIGHLY recommended!!
UPDATE: I have continued to use this on my eyes, and recently started trying it on my face..i use it dryly to remove makeup with a tissue and it has worked FABULOUSLY and soo easily at that!! No breakouts whatsoever either and in fact my skin is actually healing better because of this =)

NEW UPDATE: I found that Rite Aid Cold cream is much better than this because since my last few writings, this cold cream has excess added ingredients and preservatives over the years, and so nowadays it is completely different formulation than it used to be. Sad thing for ponds to do, but I much prefer the minimal ingredients list since it is much gentler for removing my eye makeup. No longer use this for my face because it clogged me up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It removes all my makeup. I wet my face and put the cold cream on and then gently wipe it off with a wet washcloth. I then rinse my face. Can't beat the price either!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by casc_s

Man, I used to swear by this to remove my makeup until they got it discontinued here in Malaysia. Grrrr. Itís the only makeup remover that doesnít make my skin break out and does a real damn good job at it. Oh how I miss it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Karlynn

My grandmother never cleaned her face with anything but cold cream. As a little girl I remember seeing her in her bathroom slathering it on and then wiping it off with a tissue. She had the softest skin ever with very few lines. As far as I know, she never used water to clean her face. So I bought some Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream to see if it will help keep my skin from appearing so dry. I used it to clean my face at night, wiping it off with a warm wash cloth. (In the a.m. I use my Clarisonic brush with Purity cleanser.) After a week, I'm having to use much less moisturize in both the a.m. and the p.m.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

I just wanted to add that if you like this product, try the CVS dupe for $3 less. I swear it even smells the same. I am not that fond of cold creams because they leave a greasy feel to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by juju1213

I cannot live without this product!
Using facial wash only is not enough to move the makeup, but most makeup removers leave my dry skin more dryer. I am so happy I tried the cold cream. I use a little cold cream and massage all over my face, then wipe out the cream (I use Simple wipe, which is also amazing). after that, i wash my face with facial wash cream. This face cleaning routine makes my face smooth and never dry out.
If you have dry skin like me, highly recommend this product. If you have oil skin, pass it .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ran1216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It did the job, but it was just too greasy after I applied it. I do have dry skin, but I don't like the greasy feeling it left me with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by stephanieconcha

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. When i first bought it i thought that it would make my skin feel greasy because of the texture but i cant get enought of it. It removes make up and you could actually see all the dirt from the day coming off your face. No wonder this product has been around for so long, and at the price, how can it be resisted! Its my 3rd tube and i doubt itll be my last

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

This is the best makeup remover. I love how it cleanses without over drying or stripping my face. Eye makeup just melts off, even the waterproof stuff. Tried and true classic. It does not break me out even though I have combo, blemish-prone skin. This is the type of product that continues to be popular after many decades because it works. I met a woman who had a fabulous complexion and barely any wrinkles. Sunscreen and Ponds were her secrets!

I massage it in for a few minutes and remove with a warm wash cloth. Make sure you replace your wash cloth frequently and launder often, otherwise the cold cream can build up in the fibers, causing it to be difficult to wash out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by iKissingTheLipless

I use this to remove my makeup, before i use my cleanser. I rub it into my face, and then remove with a damp, warm washcloth. I love love love the way this smells, and it leaves my dry skin feeling soothed and fresh. Zero complaints.