December 22, 2014 | 1303 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by kimmyann

I used this stuff as a makeup remover once and havent used it since. It is SO greasy and thick. I used foundation as well as eyemakeup so I used this all over my face and tried to wash it off after with my face wash and it was soooooo greasy I had such a hard time washing it off. It felt like I had stuck lard all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by suzieqs86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing product and when combined with paulas choice 2% BHA it clears my moderate acne prone skin. love it!
*edit* came off this for awhile and went back on. I was using cetiphil antibacterial gentle soap which made my roscea and dry skin worse. I LOVE PONDS and will never stray again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

This is my "stranded on an island" product; I can't live without it! It removes all my makeup, deep cleans, and moisturizes in one step! I scoop some out of the jar, dab it all over my face, rub in, and then tissue off. My skin tone hasn't been so even in forever and this cleared it right up! Do I dare say I don't need to wear foundation anymore?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by ericaleigh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have bought this brand and the Family Dollar Store brand of this cream and both are fantastic.

This is the only cream that makes taking off Revlon Colorstay foundation easily. You can also use this to remove eye makeup and your eyes don't sting, but I still prefer the equate knockoff of neutrogena eye makeup remover for that. It is a fantastic cream and very moisturizing. I just put it on my face, leave it on for 2 minutes. Rub it in circular motions and then wash off with a warm wet washcloth...

Sometimes I follow with washing my face, sometimes I don't. Depends on how lazy I am. But I am hooked and I will never use any other makeup remover ever again. (I can wash my face with a regular cleanser then use this and the amount of makeup that STILL comes off is insane!) It's amazing and the Family Dollar version is identical! Check it out! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to remove makeup. I slather a bit on, hop in the shower, and wipe it off after a few minutes. It removes every bit of makeup (except mascara and eyeshadow because I wear contacts and I'm not putting this near my eyes) and leaves my skin feeling smooth for days. I've used it as a face treatment in the winter (slather on-even my brows!-, use my face steamer, rinse off) and it keeps me from getting flakes around my nose and dry patches on my chin and forhead.

The price is awesome as it doesn't take much, so the jar lasts a long time. The only complaint I have is that it's in a jar and not a tube or pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by parvastella22

I started using this cleanser from all these reviews and they're not kidding! My skin feels fresh and after cleaning with this cream, I noticed a lot less dirt on my cotton pads from my toner. I use it in the shower and the formula's thick enough to leave your skin feeling moist and supple. My skin is brighter, firm, and resilient now. I guess I found my magic jar!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday to get my makeup off (and it really works!), but I don't use it alone. I apply it, and then I use a cotton pad to clean off all my makeup. Then I rinse it off with The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil face wash.

The face wash gets rid of all greasiness, and the cold cream keeps my skin from getting overdried by the face wash. I think they balance each other well...otherwise, I would probably find this too greasy.

Also, as a note, I do not use this to remove eyeliner/mascara...just skin/face makeup and eyeshadow.

WOULD repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by hein0201

This may work for others, but on my super-sensitive, combo skin, it was absolutely wretched. It was very easy to use, but so not worth the minimal effort. Within 2 days of using this, I broke out HORRIBLY. It was so greasy and nasty-feeling... and that was my skin, not the product.

I tried it with just wiping it off. Then wiping it off and using a toner. Nothing worked. It removed my makeup like magic, but the grease-pile that was left on my skin was nasty.

I've since made the connection that anything that includes mineral oil (petroleum, petrolatum, etc.) is not a good thing for MY skin. I know others don't have an issue, so if it works, go for it. For me... not so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ddha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product at a great price. I am 32 and have used Pond's Cold Cream since I started wearing makeup. My mother and grandmother both used it, so when I was younger I just used what was in the house. I have since continued to purchase and use this product because it works great.

To use this, I massage the cream on my face and then wipe it off with a warm washcloth. Sometimes, I use an additional cleanser. Most of the time I do not. I only use this at night to remove makeup.

It breaks down waterproof eye makeup very easily and takes off long-wearing makeup and sunscreen effectively. It leaves my skin soft, but not oily. It leaves my skin feeling clean - but not that squeaky clean feeling you get with some cleaners, which is fine with me. I'm always looking for the next best thing and have tried different oils and oil cleansers, but always come back to Pond's. It is just the easiest to use and takes off long-wearing makeup the best for me.

It hasn't caused skin problems and hasn't left me with clogged pores. My skin has changed quite a bit over the past 20 years that I've used this product. I've lived in different climates - NYC, CA, AZ, and overseas. Due to climate changes from the different places I have lived and age my skin has been oily and upset in the past and is very dry right now. I've used this product during all those times and it remained effective. It's just simple and easy.

I've also purchased the Target and Wal-Mart knock-offs, which are good as well.

Overall Rating - 4. Great simple project.

Price - 1. It's cheap. I think around $5 for the tub, which does last me a decent amount of time - more than a few months. Drug store, Target, and Wal-Mart generics are slightly cheaper. Although, I have noticed Pond's has jacked up their prices recently.

Packaging Quality - 4. It's okay. The cold cream comes in a hard plastic tub with a screw on top. I don't know how sanitary it is to reach into the tub with your fingers each time, but I've never had a problem. I don't get queasy about things like this though. If it bugs you, you could probably scoop it out with a small spoon. I'm not sure if this would work in a pump, due to the consistency.

Would you purchase this product again - Yes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lillovelygrl33

Like many other reviews, I reached for cold cream because my grandmother with great skin uses it! I have reasonably oily/combination skin but since I started using this I have increased skin clarity and fewer blemishes. I dot this all over and rub it in to remove my makeup, wash it off with a warm washcloth then use my normal cleanser to remove the residue. It really takes the makeup off making my skin much cleaner than cleanser alone!