December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by peanutbuddy

this is my first review on MUA and course it has be for jojoba oil. i love this product. i have been using it consistently for the past 3 years, which says a lot considering i can barely bring myself to finish a skincare product before i go out and buy something else.

my skin is very sensitive, acne prone, with an oily t-zone and very dry flaky cheeks. this just normalizes my skin and makes it feel soooo good. helps control oily parts and soothes and de-flakes the dry parts. it doesn't always stop breakouts but it doesn't make them worse and mostly keeps my pores tight and smooth. i rub a few drops directly on to damp skin twice a day after washing my face. it wears great under makeup and sunscreen. since i started using this 3 years ago i haven't had to buy a separate moisturizer, i'm not even tempted to buy another moisturizer, this just takes care of everything.

last week i went away for the weekend and forgot to pack this. for the first time in years i didn't use my jojoba oil and my skin freaked out. it got red, blotchy, flaky and irritated. that's when i realized how much of a difference this oil makes on my skin. it just makes it normal. i'm never without it. and its very economical, one bottle lasts me about 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

The reviewed below me really described jojoba oil to a T with "This is the MacGuyver of beauty products"--it really is! I buy this brand of jojoba oil from Trader Joe's, I believe you can also find it at Whole Foods and other health food stores. Jojoba oil is so wonderful and versatile! I use it as a moisturizer on my face overnight--the next morning when I wake up, my skin has a 'glow' to it and just looks and feels so much healthier/softer. I use this to take off my eye makeup and sometimes when the tips of my hair feels dry, I rub a little jojoba oil on my tips. Also, you can add some jojoba oil to your bath. Love this stuff! A definite HG for me. Jojoba oil is the closest oil to your skin's natural oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

This really is the swiss army knife of beauty products. Awesome multitasker. While I don't use it on my face like a lot of people, I do use it to take off my eye makeup. I really love it as a styling cream/oil for my coarse, curly hair. I was using weleda's rosemary hair oil but the rosemary was making my light hair dark-ish looking. This works even better at about half the cost. Also works great as a body moisturizer before bedtime. Last year the trend seemed to be all girls carrying mace on their keychains. This year I suggest every girl keep a bottle of jojoba oil in her medicine cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by djrevoir

This is hopefully the answer I've been searching for. I have been using it daily for 8 months now. Everything about my skin has improved. I've been using it as my day moisturizer, but just recently started it at night too so far so good. I am pretty liberal with the amount I put on. My skin is combo and prone to zits. I try to be 100% natural with the products that I use but I've had a hard time giving up the zitty meds like strydex pads and benzo cream but I am turning 29 this year and those products will most likely age my skin where as the jojoba oil gives one the sense of nurishment. I get the organic kind off of Vita Costs web site for cheap and the packaging doesn't bother me one bit. I go through a bottle every 2.5 months

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

This is great stuff! I use it for two primary reasons...as a nighttime moisturizer and in my hair. For my skin, I put a bit on after my retinol treatment, and I never have problems with flaking, redness or irritation. My skin looks as good as it did when I was 16. Smooth, clear, soft and toned. Like someone else mentioned, I think this "fools" my skin into thinking it's released enough oil, and I never get greasy anymore. It's miraculous! I also like to work it into my hair and scalp pre-shampoo, as a deep treatment. You can also work a tiny dab into damp or dry hair to smooth down frizz. I don't like it as a makeup remover, as I find it leaves a lot of mascara behind, but it's fab for everything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by suejeanius

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

can't stress enough how much i love jojoba oil!

my acne-prone skin LOVES this stuff.

i've seen so much improvement since i incorporated 100% pure jojoba oil into my skincare routine that i have STOPPED wearing face makeup!

truly an amazing product. i just wish the bottle had a squirt-top 'cause the oil's pretty liquidy/thin and sometimes comes out faster than i'd like.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by mmtt

First many many thanks for all who post their reviews. It was reading through them that I discovered jojoba oil (incidentally from trying the OCM, which was a disaster). I just wanted to report my results from using jojoba oil (NOW 100% pure jojoba oil). I bought four oz. for $7.50 at a fancy organic type store just because I happen to be there and thought they might have something like this. (Usually, I just shop at the regular grocery store, which does carry this). Anyways, this has really helped to clear up my skin and keep it clear!! After washing my face, I put 2-3 drops in my palm, dip a finger in and smear around one eye, repeat again with the other eye, then rub my palms together and pat them on my face. This is also a great light moisturizer. Not enough for really cold dry weather, but if I put a little light moisturizer on top of that, it keeps my skin soft all day AND I'm not shiny like I used to be. I'm so glad I discovered this stuff.
UPDATE: I still use jojoba oil, but not as much as I used to. Althougth it did help to clear up my skin, after a month and a half of using I noticed more clogged pores (not milia, blackheads, or whiteheads, though). So far the benefits still outweigh the pores issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

Love it! I have used this as my night-time moisturizer for ages. It really makes your skin look great -- it works as a pore cleanser since it mimics the skin's natural sebum, and works as a moisturizer in that it smooths & plumps & nourishes. Just a few drops on damp skin does the whole face and neck. It's gentle even to the eye area. It also gets wax off pretty easily when you're doing eyebrows or upper lips at home! For an oil, it's suprisingly ungreasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

Love that somethin so simple is so useful and reliable. I add a couple drops to my currrent Jergens body lotion for extra moisturizing. I find that my skin does not break out with this, even on my face. Took someone's advice and applied sparingly to my face after cleansing, then covered my face with a steamed towel. The effect was super soft skin, and there's soemthig calming about steaming the face. Sometimes, I'll use it as a carrier oil and add a couple drops if essential oils such as bergamot, lavender, grapefruit, and clary sage. Feels and smells awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using jojoba oil on my extremely oily/acne prone skin for about 9 months now and I am still in love with it! It is not a miracle cure, but it definitely improves your skin. I no longer have dry flaky patches of skin, the little zits I had all over my nose and forhead are now smooth, and when I wake up in the mornings my face is less greasy than it is when I put nothing on my skin. I really does help to rebalance your skin even if you have oily skin. It might make you break out a little bit the first week or so, but most new things do as your skin adjusts to it. This is a great all-natural skin balancer/moisturizer, in fact it works better than any other moisturizer I've ever tried. Oh, and I've been using the same small bottle of it for nine months and I still have a lot left, so this stuff goes a long way!

UPDATE: My friend recently started using this and she absolutely loves it. We both use it on our kid's when they get little rashes and it takes them away overnight. She even used it on her dog when he had a dry skin problem! Also, I found the big bottle of this at Trader Joe's for only $6.99