July 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

While I think this eyeliner could definitely work for some, it did not work for me. I have extremely deep set eyes, and when I went to used this on my lash line, the product did smudge- a lot. That was a huge con for me since I expect my eyeliner to stay put especially when on my lash line versus my waterline where I can expect it to come off. What I did like about it though was the shade. I got the blackest black and it was definitely the deep shade of black I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by susan3041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

save your money on the expensive gel liners....this one works great and it was $6 at Target. Goes on easy has great staying power...glad I tried this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I bought this liner to use on my top lash line. I loved the consistency of it, and it applied really beautifully/easily with the handy little brush that comes with it. However, it transferred onto the area of my eyelid right above the crease of my eye, within 30mins. *angry face*
The black smudge was really evident, and no amount of primer could prevent it. I really don't think this is as smudge-proof as the top rated review makes it seem (not for everybody anyway). However, I didn't want the product to go to waste so I tried using it on my waterline. AMAZING! It stayed put for much longer than any of the pencil liners I've used. So all in all, I loved this on my waterline, but it transferred too easily to be used on my top lash line.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I bought this in 2 colors because I had a coupon: eggplant & charcoal. I have only tried the purple (eggplant) so far, and this gel liner is just *okay*... nothing to write home about. In other words, I will stick with MAC Fluidlines or Bobbi Brown's gel inks, because they really are THAT much better. Anyone who says that Maybelline's gel liner is "just as good" or "better" than MAC or BB has either A) never tried them all, or B) doesn't have enough experience with all 3 brands to offer a credible opinion. I have been using the MAC & BB gel liners ever since they were introduced to the market, and I have used one or the other every day for many, many years. I saw a youtube video where a makeup artist reviewed the Maybelline gel liner and said it was actually 'very good' and comparable to MAC/BB. I am very disappointed by this respected makeup artist's given opinion, because in this instance, you truly do get what you pay for... and the Maybelline is cheaper for a reason. I can dip my slanted eyeliner brush into any MAC or BB gel liner and get immediate color payoff and a line on my upper lash line that dries quickly and stays on all day without smearing or fading. The Maybelline liner is harder to apply because the pigment is not as rich & it is poorly formulated. I have to keep going over the line, and if you put too much on your brush to counteract repetitive stroking... the eyeliner crumbles and flakes around your eyes. NOT GOOD. Also, I waited a few minutes before curling my upper lashes after applying the Maybelline liner, and it STILL allowed the liner to wipe off and fade away so that I had to reapply liner on some areas after curling my lashes. Again... NOT GOOD. I also noticed that the liner fades and smudges into my lash line as the day goes on. The Maybelline gel liner is definitely NOT as tenacious as MAC/or BB-- at least not on me. I would rather pay double for a MAC or BB gel liner that does what it's supposed to instead of cheaping out on Maybelline and dealing with annoying poor performance issues. At least I know when I use MAC, I can look in the mirror 14 hours later and my liner looks just as perfect as when I first applied it. Coupon or not, I will never waste money on Maybelline gel liner again. It's cheaper and it shows.

****** EDIT 9-26-11 ******* I would like to add that the brush that is included with this is FANTASTIC!!! I still can't change the rating on the eyeliner, though, because that is what is being graded and that still stinks. I tried the charcoal and it is the same as the eggplant in performance: fades as the day goes on, wipes off when you curl your lashes, etc. However, the brush just might make the purchase worth it! This brush is comparable to the Bobbi Brown fine eyeliner brush, and I have the Bobbi Brown fine eyeliner brush; and believe me, this Maybelline one is BETTER by far! I never use my BB eyeliner brush because it does not work for me, but the Maybelline version is amazing! It has just the right shape and stiffness (but it is not hard or scratchy, just slightly stiff where it holds its own shape) to give you the ease of lining- similar to using a pencil. I LOVE the brush, but dislike the liner. I'm glad I bought two now, for the brushes. :)

11 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by amoii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this gel eyeliner is actually really good, its waterproof as it says :) but the problem is when i put on my water line like at the bottom of my eyes, by the end of the day its kind off worn off but only a little bit, also the brush that comes with it is really good =]. The colour is really black and it doesnt smudge and yeah, really great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by iloveseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really loved this product! I do not usually wear eye-liner as I find it so tricky to apply but this went on very smoothly and accurately. It made my eyes look so dramatic. Only complaint it that it takes a fair while to dry so you do need to keep your eyes closed for at least 5 minutes, but so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I loved this eyeliner. It was so easy to apply, very black and lasted the day. It comes in really cute packaging, was moderately priced and the brush that comes with it was really good, which makes a change because I've found most other gel liner brushes to be shocking in quality. It was really easy to create a cat eye too, and would be perfect for someone just starting out with gel eyeliners and especially good if you struggle with the liquid liners. Very good, would recommend and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by amarilynd

I got mine in plum, since I've purchased the Sephora cream liner I love it and can compare it to this one. I didn't really like this product. It was very dry and it's def not as creamy as my sephora one. It comes off too so I don't like it that much. I wouldn't re-purchase this though. For the quality of this eyeliner the price is not very cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stands up to MAC and Bobbi Brown gel liners but my favorite part is the stiff little brush...doesn't run, doesn't dry out too fast and the brush makes it so easy to get a perfect line right along my lashes...I use brown and black...my new HG gel liner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SapphireSurf

This is my first eyeliner (I got it in black) and it works pretty good. I like the brush too, rather than an angled brush and the consistency is quite creamy but easy to work with. It's pretty expensive where I'm from, 11 euros, so I won't be repurchasing just cause MACs Fluidline's 17 euro, and I'd lke to try that.. I wore this eyeliner in the shower, and it did smudge little and had faded but still, I think would be wearable :) Packagings fine, nothing fancy :) I'd recommend you get this if youre new to makeup like me and want a little kit to practice with before buying Bobbi Brown or MAC :D X