July 24, 2014 | 1928 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I bought this liner to use on my top lash line. I loved the consistency of it, and it applied really beautifully/easily with the handy little brush that comes with it. However, it transferred onto the area of my eyelid right above the crease of my eye, within 30mins. *angry face*
The black smudge was really evident, and no amount of primer could prevent it. I really don't think this is as smudge-proof as the top rated review makes it seem (not for everybody anyway). However, I didn't want the product to go to waste so I tried using it on my waterline. AMAZING! It stayed put for much longer than any of the pencil liners I've used. So all in all, I loved this on my waterline, but it transferred too easily to be used on my top lash line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I bought this in 2 colors because I had a coupon: eggplant & charcoal. I have only tried the purple (eggplant) so far, and this gel liner is just *okay*... nothing to write home about. In other words, I will stick with MAC Fluidlines or Bobbi Brown's gel inks, because they really are THAT much better. Anyone who says that Maybelline's gel liner is "just as good" or "better" than MAC or BB has either A) never tried them all, or B) doesn't have enough experience with all 3 brands to offer a credible opinion. I have been using the MAC & BB gel liners ever since they were introduced to the market, and I have used one or the other every day for many, many years. I saw a youtube video where a makeup artist reviewed the Maybelline gel liner and said it was actually 'very good' and comparable to MAC/BB. I am very disappointed by this respected makeup artist's given opinion, because in this instance, you truly do get what you pay for... and the Maybelline is cheaper for a reason. I can dip my slanted eyeliner brush into any MAC or BB gel liner and get immediate color payoff and a line on my upper lash line that dries quickly and stays on all day without smearing or fading. The Maybelline liner is harder to apply because the pigment is not as rich & it is poorly formulated. I have to keep going over the line, and if you put too much on your brush to counteract repetitive stroking... the eyeliner crumbles and flakes around your eyes. NOT GOOD. Also, I waited a few minutes before curling my upper lashes after applying the Maybelline liner, and it STILL allowed the liner to wipe off and fade away so that I had to reapply liner on some areas after curling my lashes. Again... NOT GOOD. I also noticed that the liner fades and smudges into my lash line as the day goes on. The Maybelline gel liner is definitely NOT as tenacious as MAC/or BB-- at least not on me. I would rather pay double for a MAC or BB gel liner that does what it's supposed to instead of cheaping out on Maybelline and dealing with annoying poor performance issues. At least I know when I use MAC, I can look in the mirror 14 hours later and my liner looks just as perfect as when I first applied it. Coupon or not, I will never waste money on Maybelline gel liner again. It's cheaper and it shows.

****** EDIT 9-26-11 ******* I would like to add that the brush that is included with this is FANTASTIC!!! I still can't change the rating on the eyeliner, though, because that is what is being graded and that still stinks. I tried the charcoal and it is the same as the eggplant in performance: fades as the day goes on, wipes off when you curl your lashes, etc. However, the brush just might make the purchase worth it! This brush is comparable to the Bobbi Brown fine eyeliner brush, and I have the Bobbi Brown fine eyeliner brush; and believe me, this Maybelline one is BETTER by far! I never use my BB eyeliner brush because it does not work for me, but the Maybelline version is amazing! It has just the right shape and stiffness (but it is not hard or scratchy, just slightly stiff where it holds its own shape) to give you the ease of lining- similar to using a pencil. I LOVE the brush, but dislike the liner. I'm glad I bought two now, for the brushes. :)

11 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by amoii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this gel eyeliner is actually really good, its waterproof as it says :) but the problem is when i put on my water line like at the bottom of my eyes, by the end of the day its kind off worn off but only a little bit, also the brush that comes with it is really good =]. The colour is really black and it doesnt smudge and yeah, really great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by iloveseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really loved this product! I do not usually wear eye-liner as I find it so tricky to apply but this went on very smoothly and accurately. It made my eyes look so dramatic. Only complaint it that it takes a fair while to dry so you do need to keep your eyes closed for at least 5 minutes, but so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I loved this eyeliner. It was so easy to apply, very black and lasted the day. It comes in really cute packaging, was moderately priced and the brush that comes with it was really good, which makes a change because I've found most other gel liner brushes to be shocking in quality. It was really easy to create a cat eye too, and would be perfect for someone just starting out with gel eyeliners and especially good if you struggle with the liquid liners. Very good, would recommend and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by amarilynd

I got mine in plum, since I've purchased the Sephora cream liner I love it and can compare it to this one. I didn't really like this product. It was very dry and it's def not as creamy as my sephora one. It comes off too so I don't like it that much. I wouldn't re-purchase this though. For the quality of this eyeliner the price is not very cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stands up to MAC and Bobbi Brown gel liners but my favorite part is the stiff little brush...doesn't run, doesn't dry out too fast and the brush makes it so easy to get a perfect line right along my lashes...I use brown and black...my new HG gel liner

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SapphireSurf

This is my first eyeliner (I got it in black) and it works pretty good. I like the brush too, rather than an angled brush and the consistency is quite creamy but easy to work with. It's pretty expensive where I'm from, 11 euros, so I won't be repurchasing just cause MACs Fluidline's 17 euro, and I'd lke to try that.. I wore this eyeliner in the shower, and it did smudge little and had faded but still, I think would be wearable :) Packagings fine, nothing fancy :) I'd recommend you get this if youre new to makeup like me and want a little kit to practice with before buying Bobbi Brown or MAC :D X

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

UPDATE 23oct2011: I just bought the LE gel liner in saphire and dare I say, I love this line even more!! I wore it outside yesterday evening to a date with my boyfriend, and it looked amazing! He complimented me on my eyes and I was so glad I bought this liner on a impulse! :) The color is a dark navy with royal blue (my favorite color to wear) shimmer shot through it. It looks positively stunning and the texture is creamier than the forest green one I have. Again, I absolutely love the brush and I'm already eyeing the brown one!!

Original review: I love the brush!!! I want to buy all the liners in the collection, just so that I can get back ups of those little handy liner brushes! It's firm and pointy, doesn't shed at all, and feels very comfortable in my hand! It can easily double as a smudge brush for the gel liner and it is absolutely worth it! So onto the liner: I have it in forest green. The color is a dark green with cold-toned green microshimmers, but the green tint still shows through (even if I'm only tightlining). I would've liked it better if it was even darker, but I manage. The consistency, as everyone pointed out, isn't the best. I prefer the consistency of MAC fluidline much better. I also need more product on the brush compared to MAC and BB, but I can live with that since I don't want my product to dry out before I can finish it. All in all, this is the best drugstore gel liner I've used, it is perfect for MU starters and I will repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on Lisa Eldridge's recommendation on YouTube. The brush is remarkably well made and comfortable to use, unlike those stiff, slanted and uber thin brushes. I can never use those. Too awkward for doing my left eye with my dominant right hand. The brush on this is shaped with slightly round tip, not too stiff yet not floppy. It's a joy to use! The gel liner itself is also superb... it's completely budge proof (I'm really happy about that because my previous eye liner pencil transfers to my Shu Uemura curler every time I curl my lashes) and stays there until I remove it as the end of the day. The only thing is that I can't line under my eyes very well with this, it seems to give off too harsh a line so I revert back to good ole eye liner pencil for that. Very happy with this purchase! :)