November 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jagratti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade Barcelona and it was a perfect match. The thing is that it didn't really stay put even after setting it with powder. It disappeared on my cheeks taking my blush with it and collected around my nose and mouth. Maybe the sheer matte would be better suited for my combo skin but even so I don't really get that oily. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

This is, hands down, the best foundation ever. I have airbrush systems, MUFE HD, every MAC foundation, Dior - you name it, I've either used it or still have it in my vanity. But when I found this, I was blown away. I need a product without SPF so that it will not reflect light when taking photos, but I've never found one I was totally, 100% pleased with. I'm the type of fanatical foundation checker - always asking and looking and peering to make sure my foundation color flawlessly matches my skin. So far I've never been too off, but Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc is 220% my exact skin tone. I actually match both Siberia & Mont Blanc, but Siberia was a skosh too yellow-toned for me (I am an NC20-25 in MAC, 117 in MUFE HD). I have pretty clear skin to begin with, but this makes it look flawless. This is the first foundation I can say truly looks airbrushed without being so. I imagine running this through an airbrush would make it look even more wonderful.

This goes on absolutely flawlessly no matter what method I use to apply. Now, I have combo-oily skin, with normal skin in my cheeks/chin & an oilier nose and forehead. This is recommended for very dry to normal skin, but I myself, and a few others I know, with oilier skin have used this to no ill effect. Even after hours of wear, I don't even need to reach for blot tissues or powder. I sometimes set this with my MAC Prep + Prime Translucent powder, but I find that if I skip it, it doesn't make a huge difference. It looks flawless either way. It even looks better as the day goes on!

Another HUGE pro for me is that it doesn't leave your face sticky, or feel like a mask. I hate when I'm afraid to itch my face because, despite how little I wear, the foundation would always come off under my nails! EW! And no one wants to cuddle up to their beau and have a sticky face and worry about it transferring to his light shirt! With this it looks like I have naturally flawless skin, and it feels so soft and smooth too, without any stickiness.

I guess a con would be that it doesn't come with a pump, but NARS sells one separately for I believe $6USD. I actually don't mind that it's pump-free, since I feel sometimes pumps give me more than I need. I normally don't like using my fingers because of the oils and such, but I find that one fingertip-full of this is all I need.

Yes, $42USD is definitely steep, but for the results I get with this I will gladly fork it over. The key to beautiful makeup is beautiful skin, and if I can really perfect the skin SO easily with this, it is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Scazza

I agree with what has been said:
Completely weightless
Only need a pea size for your whole face
Buildable
The color match was perfect
It looks like (makeup-less) skin
Satin finish
Does not make you feel like you're wearing makeup

I don't wear foundation often but this made me feel so beautiful, it made me want to wear it every day! I've been thinking about it ever since that last time I put it on. It made me love features I usually have trouble with; it made them luminous. Trying a sample at home it was so easy to apply that I forgot all about the Neutrogena Healthy Skin dupe and ordered it right away (though the pictures comparing the two on this page make the Neutrogena seem duller). $42 is cheap for how it made me feel! And I have pretty even skin tone, just use it in the center of my face. It's medium coverage, you need very very little (so would I buy it again? I won't have to for a very long time), though it is buildable. I'd been using Bare Minerals for the past 2 years to get the light effect which might be better in the summer but had been leaving me dry, could feel heavy, and at the same time not cover well, which made me feel old. I also wondered about all their light diffusing talk which sounds artificial and not like real skin.
I love that it has Tumeric in it. That makes me want to wear if more often.
I like to dot it so I don't miss a pump.
I feel that those who found it thick and cakey are probably applying way too much. It stays lightweight even if you apply more which can be deceptive. I use a very small dots on my face and stipple (with the Sonia Kashuk small stippling brush, the dupe of the Mac 188), which makes very even light coverage.
I got a sample first from the NARS boutique here in NYC who did my color match (Fiji). They matched my skin very easily on the second try. If you're in the area, I definitely recommend the boutique as it's easier to see all their colors, the lighting is better, and the products are maintained better than Sephora. Kind of out of the way from a subway stop and right by the Magnolia hordes but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by velvetbow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In terms of color matching, this product is my holy grail. I have strong yellow undertones (Asian) and most foundations eventually turn pink or orange on me. I tried Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan and found my perfect match! In unforgiving, natural light, there is no difference between this shade and the rest of my body.

I have dry, eczema-prone skin and found that this gives just enough coverage to camoflage the patches while still letting skin show through.

This is the only foundation I've ever tried that actually looks better after a few hours of wear. It imparts a glowing, radiant look without being shimmery or glittery. I wouldn't say it lightens my complexion, but it certainly brightens it.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the lack of a pump, but this isn't a problem for me. After a good shake, I place my middle finger over the bottle opening, turn it upside down, then right side up, and use what's on my finger to dot color all over my face. If I need more, I clean my hands on a diaper wipe, and do the same thing. Then I stipple/buff it in with my E.L.F. flat top powder brush. No mess and no wasted product.

My only complaint is that this color is not completely transfer proof. I shun powder, so use MAC Fix Plus to set my makeup. It helps keep everything in place, but my cell phone often comes away with my face make up. If they could make this formula transfer proof, I'd invest in a lifetime supply!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Addicted90

I got a sample from Sephora and I think I might buy it. I got it in the Siberia colour, I don't have any yellow in my skin but a strong pink undertone. This shade has a lot of yellow in it, but I can blend it well enough that it doesn't look too yellow and it actually neutralizes my pinkness. I might try Mont Blanc, but I heard it is darker than Siberia and I am sick and tired of foundations that are too dark for me. Siberia is a good match in the sense that it is light enough, but if it was a tad less yellow it would probably be the perfect colour for me. Other than that it isn't the greatest foundation I've tried, I find it settles in my pores and doesn't give amazing coverage. I think I'm going to try and mix it with my Diorskin Nude. I think that might give me a really nice foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by catah21

I really like this foundation.. even the MAC artist who did my make up for a wedding.. was in AWW with it!! The color i use is perfect for my skin tone. The girl at Sephora matched me very well.
Its very light yet it evens out your skin tone.
I would highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by insouciantj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fair olive toned skin, and I've always had a really difficult time finding foundation that blends - generally if they're light enough for me they are far too pink in tone. I purchased this in Ceylan, and I'm really pleased with it. I should also mention that at 31 this is the first foundation I've ever owned. It's sheer, it evens out my skin tone, and it feels very light.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missshari

I did not like this foundation at all, it doesn't blend well an clings to all my dry patches. It also doesn't control oil at all and kind of disappears off my face after a couple of hours. The packaging is also messy and for such an expensive product they really should have put it in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by loz07

This is the best foundation I have tried so far. I've tried GA LSF and Face Fabric, EL Double Wear, MAC face and body, MUFE and many drugstore brands.

The colour (Deauville) is perfect on me and gives me a flawless finish when applied. It's on the matte side without looking at all dull. I usually stipple/buff with my MAC 187.

The only gripe I have is sometimes the staying power isn't infallible, but it's no worse than other foundations I've tried (other than perhaps EL DW) and is more due to my oily patches.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I am loving this for my spring foundation. I wear it in Deauville, which looks orange in the bottle and on my fingers, but somehow looks amazing on my pale skin! I have had tons of compliments. The only drawbacks is that it doesn't have spf and the packaging isn't great- too easy to spill.