Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 9/7/2004 4:06:00 PM

I usually have to go with very thick, slower absorbing lotions for my dry body skin, so I had my doubts about this somewhat thinner, easily absorbed lotion. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. This lotion absorbs quickly yet keeps me moisturized for hours. The oatmeal makes this a great moisturizer! This product has a faint, cherry/almond smell, yet can be mixed with other fragranced lotions with no problems. This has not surpassed Vaseline Advanced Healing or Eucerin Plus as my HG, but it's been a good moisturizer. UPDATE - After a few months, amidst the nice fragrance, there's the faint smell of alcohol that has developed, which I am not digging. But I'm almost done with the bottle so I'll finish this nonetheless.

on 8/27/2004 2:16:00 PM

Very very good product. I had a patch of excema on my elbow that hydracortizone would not banish. After using Aveeno for three days, it disappeared and never came back. Many months later, it still has not returned.
It may not feel particularly moisturising for those who are used to oily feeling creams, but after using it for a few days, dryness, at least for me, was a thing of the past.

on 8/25/2004 6:09:00 PM

High quality lotion for a good price! On me, lotions either wear off quickly, or they don't absorb into my skin fast enough. This lasts from one shower to the next, and absorbs nearly instantly. Barely detectable scent of oatmeal.

on 8/25/2004 2:06:00 PM

Hmmm, despite popular opinion that this doesn't last 24 hours, I can still feel the moisturizing benefits of this lotion in my next shower. I swear I can feel it washing off my body! I like the non greasy feel and don't mind the mild scent in the least. I agree that the pump doesn't get all the product out of the bottle but I just take the pump off and tap the container in my palm upsidedown and can pretty much get the last 1/4 of the bottle out. So it is not wasteful for thrifty people like me! The best lotion I have found by FAR.

on 8/21/2004 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great! Smooth and non-greasy. The CVS brand of this is pretty similar and works just as well--plus you get a bigger tube for a cheaper price! The scent is sometimes like hairspray I noticed, but if you mix the lotion well before using it and it goes away! This is nice lotion and will work well for both winter and summer!

on 8/21/2004 9:10:00 PM

HG. I buy this stuff at costco. moisturizes all day. does have a wierd smell that quickly goes away. I like neutral scents so it doesnt clash with pricey perfumes!

on 8/18/2004 2:57:00 PM

I love this lotion. It's very good in the winter when your skin is extra dry, because the oatmeal forms a barrier that holds in moisture and protects your skin from the elements. It also doesn't feel greasy at all, although it does take a few minutes to dry. It might be a little heavy in the summer, even for dry skin types like myself, but I still use it to moisturize my hands and feet when i get out of the shower. I love that it doesn't wash off (without soap) so I dont have to keep reapplying to my hands throughout the day.

on 8/10/2004 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my staple body lotion. While it's not entirely fragrance free, it's inoffensive to me, and it is a great moisturizer. It lasts for a while, it doesn't feel greasy and it is my HG.

I agree with one of the previous reviewer that the pump design is wasteful of the last 1/4 of the bottle. While this isn't the most expensive moisturizer in the world, it is still pricey enough that I'd like to get my money's worth. I've gone through enough bottles of this stuff! That gripe aside, I will continue to repurchase forever :)

on 7/26/2004 11:01:00 PM

It's okay. It kinda feels greasy though so I prefer using Curel on my body instead.

on 7/21/2004 10:28:00 PM

I really enjoy this product. I think it moisturizes pretty well. I like the fact that the lotion is not greasy like some other lotions and it leaves my hands feeling softer. I recommend this product. Only thing is that is does not smell very pretty.