Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 11/22/2004 9:50:00 AM

EDIT - I stopped using this lotion awhile ago because my husband hates the smell. I can't say I'm very fond of it either. It works well and is moisturizing, but I've switched to Booth's Vanilla Butter with AHA, which has become my HG body lotion.

I bought this lotion upon the recommendation of the skin care board. I like it very much and will definitely repurchase. It's a little sticky, but that fades within a few minutes of application. It moisturizes very well and seems to last a long time. It helped clear up my eczema within a few days. I'm not too fond of the smell, but it's so fain that I barely notice it and it doesn't compete with my perfume.

on 11/9/2004 10:41:00 PM

I usually only need body lotion during the winter months. So with the winter approaching, I went crazy a couple of weeks ago and bought 4 different body lotions to stock up for the winter. I got the Johnson's 24hr Softlotion, Johnson's light-care Softlotion, Keri Original, and my old staple, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
I got the 2 Johnson's ones mainly because they are new and I saw their advertisment in the magazine. Well, BIG MISTAKE. I forgot how much I hated the smell of the Johnson's softwash... It didn't quite occur to me that they two may share the same smell. It smells sooooo strong and gave me a headache 5 min after I put it on. Thankfully, I have a big family so I can always pass on these rejects to others.
Well, on to Keri. It's pretty good. I look the scent. It leaves my skin feeling pretty good, but that feeling doesn't last all day. Thankfully, my mom likes it, so I could just pass it on again.
Now I am back with my trusty Aveeno. It doesn't have any fancy fragrance, which is tons better than one that gives me headache. It keeps my skin moisturized for the entire day, no matter how hot the bath water was. My skin, and nose, have never complained when I use this. This, and Vaseline Creamy Problem Skin Therapy, would definitely keep my skin happy this winter.

on 10/22/2004 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This really kept my skin moisturized, even elbows and knees for six hours now! That's a record for me. Usually an hour and those parts are dry again. Now i want to try it on my dry, flaky cheeks.
**EDIT** I used this on my face last night after cleansing w/ Aveeno's combination bar soap. My skin didn't feel sticky, not small pimples in the morning, and my cheeks felt soft and smooth. I think this is going to be my winter moisturizer. Will update if anything bad happens to my face.
UPDATE: My face hasn't broken out, but this moisturizer is too heavy. It gives me the greasies from hell.

on 10/21/2004 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maintains the "newly moisturized" state of skin for a full 24 hr period. I have repurchased this many times over & will continue to do so.

on 9/14/2004 11:27:00 PM

I FOUND IT!!! After years and years of cracked, dry skin, I have found my HG moisturizer. This is the ONLY body lotion I've ever used that actually moisturizes my skin all day. The texture is very nice and smooth, and when I apply it, it sinks into my skin...I can feel my skin actually absorbing it, rather than having it just sit on top of my skin like most other lotions/creams do! The smell is also really nice, it says fragrance free but there is a slight oatmeal, homey scent to it. Doesn't irritate my skin, makes it smooth and soft all day and I only have to use a little product for it to go a long way! Thank you Aveeno!!

on 9/7/2004 4:06:00 PM

I usually have to go with very thick, slower absorbing lotions for my dry body skin, so I had my doubts about this somewhat thinner, easily absorbed lotion. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. This lotion absorbs quickly yet keeps me moisturized for hours. The oatmeal makes this a great moisturizer! This product has a faint, cherry/almond smell, yet can be mixed with other fragranced lotions with no problems. This has not surpassed Vaseline Advanced Healing or Eucerin Plus as my HG, but it's been a good moisturizer. UPDATE - After a few months, amidst the nice fragrance, there's the faint smell of alcohol that has developed, which I am not digging. But I'm almost done with the bottle so I'll finish this nonetheless.

on 8/27/2004 2:16:00 PM

Very very good product. I had a patch of excema on my elbow that hydracortizone would not banish. After using Aveeno for three days, it disappeared and never came back. Many months later, it still has not returned.
It may not feel particularly moisturising for those who are used to oily feeling creams, but after using it for a few days, dryness, at least for me, was a thing of the past.

on 8/25/2004 6:09:00 PM

High quality lotion for a good price! On me, lotions either wear off quickly, or they don't absorb into my skin fast enough. This lasts from one shower to the next, and absorbs nearly instantly. Barely detectable scent of oatmeal.

on 8/25/2004 2:06:00 PM

Hmmm, despite popular opinion that this doesn't last 24 hours, I can still feel the moisturizing benefits of this lotion in my next shower. I swear I can feel it washing off my body! I like the non greasy feel and don't mind the mild scent in the least. I agree that the pump doesn't get all the product out of the bottle but I just take the pump off and tap the container in my palm upsidedown and can pretty much get the last 1/4 of the bottle out. So it is not wasteful for thrifty people like me! The best lotion I have found by FAR.

on 8/21/2004 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great! Smooth and non-greasy. The CVS brand of this is pretty similar and works just as well--plus you get a bigger tube for a cheaper price! The scent is sometimes like hairspray I noticed, but if you mix the lotion well before using it and it goes away! This is nice lotion and will work well for both winter and summer!