Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 12/15/2004 1:58:00 PM

I have tried many, many moisturizers. This is bar none my favourite! I have tried no name brand rip offs, but they don't make the cut. I am forever dedicated to my wonderful Aveeno lotion that moisturizes and heals without clogging pores!

on 12/12/2004 8:25:00 PM

Although a lot of people don't like the smell of this lotion, I love it! I'm sad that it doesn't last longer. Smells like almond... Yum. It moisturizes better than any moisturizer I've tried w/out feeling oily. Although my skin still feels dry, I don't think anything can fix that :( I have severely dry skin and flaky, itchy, eczema. Got this at Costco, like the pump and it wasn't expensive. Btw, anyone know where I can get almond scented lotion/perfume?

on 12/12/2004 2:16:00 AM

I *think* I might buy this product again. Not completely sold on it for a few reasons...

- smell is awful, like plastic cow poop. HOWEVER, this completely, and I mean completely (even for my bloodhound nose) disappears after a few minutes.

- the pump is less than desireable. I keep thinking it's open when its closed, and it's closed when it's open. I think if the neck of the pump were longer it would elimnate this problem. I'm usually not that picky about packaging, either, but this is particularly annoying

- It's a little more expensive than I normally buy. I'm used to $3-$4 Vaseline lotions.

But I will continue to use the entire bottle, because it really does moisturize ALL day. Not even intense moisturizers have been able to do that. It also absorbs fairly quickly (although don't try to put on jeans for a few minutes afterwards, it's not gonna happen!!)

This makes my usually alligator-like skin feel smooth all day, reduces some of the Keratosis Pilaris bumps on my arms, and erases the scales from my shins. For now, it's a keeper, but when I'm out I will try other ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the one and only lotion that actually makes my skin soft...and makes it stay that way! Of corse I have to reapply after showering, just like with any other lotion. But this one keeps my skin mosturized until the next time I apply it. I have the pump bottle version and it's really handy. The texture is very emollient and goes on smoothly and sinks right in. The only thing that isn't the greatest is the slighly weird smell that it has for a couple of seconds after you put it on. It's a gross smell but disappears almost immeadiately after application.

on 11/27/2004 3:33:00 PM

Been holding off on reviewing this one, because I know everybody is going to want to come after me with torches when I say: I do not like it, Sam-I-Am!
It does behave as advertised; the moisturizing effect lasts a very long time, it is not (exactly) greasy, and there is no fragrance. It definitely does protect skin as it claims to. The bottle is fine; the price is very good. Please note that in general, I am an Aveeno products fan.
I dislike two things about this lotion: the smell and the texture. The smell is just foul to my nose; it's faint, but it's just the worst kind of oat smell, more like a barn than a bowl of oatmeal. And the texture, while not greasy, is kind of...slickery, or something. Rubbery. It's weird. When I was in picture framing we used silicone to glue down heavy objects and if you got some on your hands it felt slimy. This feels like that.
Overall: does what it says, but I don't like it. Would not repurchase. continued >>

on 11/22/2004 9:50:00 AM

EDIT - I stopped using this lotion awhile ago because my husband hates the smell. I can't say I'm very fond of it either. It works well and is moisturizing, but I've switched to Booth's Vanilla Butter with AHA, which has become my HG body lotion.

I bought this lotion upon the recommendation of the skin care board. I like it very much and will definitely repurchase. It's a little sticky, but that fades within a few minutes of application. It moisturizes very well and seems to last a long time. It helped clear up my eczema within a few days. I'm not too fond of the smell, but it's so fain that I barely notice it and it doesn't compete with my perfume.

on 11/9/2004 10:41:00 PM

I usually only need body lotion during the winter months. So with the winter approaching, I went crazy a couple of weeks ago and bought 4 different body lotions to stock up for the winter. I got the Johnson's 24hr Softlotion, Johnson's light-care Softlotion, Keri Original, and my old staple, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
I got the 2 Johnson's ones mainly because they are new and I saw their advertisment in the magazine. Well, BIG MISTAKE. I forgot how much I hated the smell of the Johnson's softwash... It didn't quite occur to me that they two may share the same smell. It smells sooooo strong and gave me a headache 5 min after I put it on. Thankfully, I have a big family so I can always pass on these rejects to others.
Well, on to Keri. It's pretty good. I look the scent. It leaves my skin feeling pretty good, but that feeling doesn't last all day. Thankfully, my mom likes it, so I could just pass it on again.
Now I am back with my trusty Aveeno. It doesn't have any fancy fragrance, which is tons better than one that gives me headache. It keeps my skin moisturized for the entire day, no matter how hot the bath water was. My skin, and nose, have never complained when I use this. This, and Vaseline Creamy Problem Skin Therapy, would definitely keep my skin happy this winter.

on 10/22/2004 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This really kept my skin moisturized, even elbows and knees for six hours now! That's a record for me. Usually an hour and those parts are dry again. Now i want to try it on my dry, flaky cheeks.
**EDIT** I used this on my face last night after cleansing w/ Aveeno's combination bar soap. My skin didn't feel sticky, not small pimples in the morning, and my cheeks felt soft and smooth. I think this is going to be my winter moisturizer. Will update if anything bad happens to my face.
UPDATE: My face hasn't broken out, but this moisturizer is too heavy. It gives me the greasies from hell.

on 10/21/2004 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maintains the "newly moisturized" state of skin for a full 24 hr period. I have repurchased this many times over & will continue to do so.

on 9/14/2004 11:27:00 PM

I FOUND IT!!! After years and years of cracked, dry skin, I have found my HG moisturizer. This is the ONLY body lotion I've ever used that actually moisturizes my skin all day. The texture is very nice and smooth, and when I apply it, it sinks into my skin...I can feel my skin actually absorbing it, rather than having it just sit on top of my skin like most other lotions/creams do! The smell is also really nice, it says fragrance free but there is a slight oatmeal, homey scent to it. Doesn't irritate my skin, makes it smooth and soft all day and I only have to use a little product for it to go a long way! Thank you Aveeno!!