Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 1/12/2005 9:23:00 PM

A wonderfully perfect moisturizer for dry, itchy, sensitive winter skin. It contains colloidal oatmeal, which soothes the skin and aids in minimizing itching and dimethicone 1.25%, which is a great ingredient for moisture and aiding in skin relief. I use this on my hands and itchy winter legs and it helps me 100%. My son gets really dry in the winter and this is the only product I can use on him that does not irritate his sensitive skin. LOVE!!

on 1/2/2005 8:12:00 PM

This is my favourite lotion for my hands. It has a nice smell and it's thick formula just sinks right in providing almost instant moisture for a long time.

on 1/2/2005 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great hand and body lotion. It lasts a long time and soaks right into the skin. The smell is a little annoying (like other reviewers), but it does go away. Very good for overdry winter skin.

on 12/15/2004 1:58:00 PM

I have tried many, many moisturizers. This is bar none my favourite! I have tried no name brand rip offs, but they don't make the cut. I am forever dedicated to my wonderful Aveeno lotion that moisturizes and heals without clogging pores!

on 12/12/2004 8:25:00 PM

Although a lot of people don't like the smell of this lotion, I love it! I'm sad that it doesn't last longer. Smells like almond... Yum. It moisturizes better than any moisturizer I've tried w/out feeling oily. Although my skin still feels dry, I don't think anything can fix that :( I have severely dry skin and flaky, itchy, eczema. Got this at Costco, like the pump and it wasn't expensive. Btw, anyone know where I can get almond scented lotion/perfume?

on 12/12/2004 2:16:00 AM

I *think* I might buy this product again. Not completely sold on it for a few reasons...

- smell is awful, like plastic cow poop. HOWEVER, this completely, and I mean completely (even for my bloodhound nose) disappears after a few minutes.

- the pump is less than desireable. I keep thinking it's open when its closed, and it's closed when it's open. I think if the neck of the pump were longer it would elimnate this problem. I'm usually not that picky about packaging, either, but this is particularly annoying

- It's a little more expensive than I normally buy. I'm used to $3-$4 Vaseline lotions.

But I will continue to use the entire bottle, because it really does moisturize ALL day. Not even intense moisturizers have been able to do that. It also absorbs fairly quickly (although don't try to put on jeans for a few minutes afterwards, it's not gonna happen!!)

This makes my usually alligator-like skin feel smooth all day, reduces some of the Keratosis Pilaris bumps on my arms, and erases the scales from my shins. For now, it's a keeper, but when I'm out I will try other ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the one and only lotion that actually makes my skin soft...and makes it stay that way! Of corse I have to reapply after showering, just like with any other lotion. But this one keeps my skin mosturized until the next time I apply it. I have the pump bottle version and it's really handy. The texture is very emollient and goes on smoothly and sinks right in. The only thing that isn't the greatest is the slighly weird smell that it has for a couple of seconds after you put it on. It's a gross smell but disappears almost immeadiately after application.

on 11/27/2004 3:33:00 PM

Been holding off on reviewing this one, because I know everybody is going to want to come after me with torches when I say: I do not like it, Sam-I-Am!
It does behave as advertised; the moisturizing effect lasts a very long time, it is not (exactly) greasy, and there is no fragrance. It definitely does protect skin as it claims to. The bottle is fine; the price is very good. Please note that in general, I am an Aveeno products fan.
I dislike two things about this lotion: the smell and the texture. The smell is just foul to my nose; it's faint, but it's just the worst kind of oat smell, more like a barn than a bowl of oatmeal. And the texture, while not greasy, is kind of...slickery, or something. Rubbery. It's weird. When I was in picture framing we used silicone to glue down heavy objects and if you got some on your hands it felt slimy. This feels like that.
Overall: does what it says, but I don't like it. Would not repurchase. continued >>

on 11/22/2004 9:50:00 AM

EDIT - I stopped using this lotion awhile ago because my husband hates the smell. I can't say I'm very fond of it either. It works well and is moisturizing, but I've switched to Booth's Vanilla Butter with AHA, which has become my HG body lotion.

I bought this lotion upon the recommendation of the skin care board. I like it very much and will definitely repurchase. It's a little sticky, but that fades within a few minutes of application. It moisturizes very well and seems to last a long time. It helped clear up my eczema within a few days. I'm not too fond of the smell, but it's so fain that I barely notice it and it doesn't compete with my perfume.

on 11/9/2004 10:41:00 PM

I usually only need body lotion during the winter months. So with the winter approaching, I went crazy a couple of weeks ago and bought 4 different body lotions to stock up for the winter. I got the Johnson's 24hr Softlotion, Johnson's light-care Softlotion, Keri Original, and my old staple, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
I got the 2 Johnson's ones mainly because they are new and I saw their advertisment in the magazine. Well, BIG MISTAKE. I forgot how much I hated the smell of the Johnson's softwash... It didn't quite occur to me that they two may share the same smell. It smells sooooo strong and gave me a headache 5 min after I put it on. Thankfully, I have a big family so I can always pass on these rejects to others.
Well, on to Keri. It's pretty good. I look the scent. It leaves my skin feeling pretty good, but that feeling doesn't last all day. Thankfully, my mom likes it, so I could just pass it on again.
Now I am back with my trusty Aveeno. It doesn't have any fancy fragrance, which is tons better than one that gives me headache. It keeps my skin moisturized for the entire day, no matter how hot the bath water was. My skin, and nose, have never complained when I use this. This, and Vaseline Creamy Problem Skin Therapy, would definitely keep my skin happy this winter.