Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Absolute heaven! All I want from a lip balm are two things: good texture and good moisture. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil delivers on both counts. It's smooth (not waxy) without being greasy, and it stays put for hours. And unlike other balms that only hold in (and don't *add*) moisture, this truly moisturizes my lips. The fragrance is low-key and pleasing. This is my holy grail lip balm!

on 10/27/2007 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like the scent of this because it's so different... but for some reason this lip balm seems to give me little tiny pimples around my lips. It must be the pomeranate oil because I've never had this problem with other Burt's Bees balms. So, obviously, I rarely use this lip balm because zits aren't exactly the most attractive thing ever... and it kinda sucks bc it smells so good and does a nice job of moisturizing :/

YESYESYES! I will continue to repurchase this a thousand times over. If Burt were real, I'd marry him. And his bees. I love the original balm, but it's a little too waxy. I loved the peppermint tingling sensation more than anything else about it. But I'd use it under my lipglosses, but it started to make them smell nasty. Some folks complain about the smell of this one, and I just love it. But I tend to really like herbal-y smells as they're usually very fresh and artificial smells tend to smell, well...artificial. A+ for this product!

on 10/21/2007 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I actually love this :D ~I do miss the minty freshness of the original, but what I like best about this new formulation is the higher level of hydration - I don't feel like I need to keep reapplying...there's more slip like a gloss rather than a waxy balm texture. The pomegranate scent is pretty strong and took some getting used to, but it doesn't annoy or bother me at all. I also like the sheer maraschino cherry tint that's left behind. It's flattering against my warm skintone and makes a good base shade for my spice & coral colored lipliners. The only thing that makes it fall short of perfection is the absence of spf. ~~~INGREDIENTS: sunflower seed oil * beeswax * coconut oil * castor oil * lanolin * comfrey root * pomegranate oil * sweet almond oil * anise oil * cassia oil * cinnamon leaf oil * clary sage oil * mandarin oil * tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (VitE) * rosemary leaf extract * carmine * fragrance

on 10/20/2007 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My local health food store did not have my staple Avalon lip balm so I tried this. I developed contact dermatitis after using this on a daily basis. After reviewing the ingredients list the only thing I can conclude that caused it is the lanolin, carmine or fragrance. How Burt's Bee's can continue to claim all natural is beyond me. Look up the effects of Carmine and Lanolin is an animal by product. Never again will I try anything from this line unless they change some of their ingredients.

on 10/17/2007 5:20:00 PM

I like this lip balm way more than the original minty kind. And I think the smell is wonderful--it smells like pomegranate to me. Gives the lips a slightly pinkish tint too. Love it!

on 10/15/2007 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I like this much better than the Burt's Bees Beeswax. This isn't as heavy or sticky. It glides on and is just as moisturizing as the beeswax. I can't say the smell really bothers me and it doesn't last long anyway. As for color, my lips are already pigmented and I don't notice any difference with the lip balm on. Would definitely buy this again.

on 10/7/2007 10:04:00 PM

I will start out by saying that I'm not a huge fan of Burt's Bees products. However, I bought this because it was different and had pomegranate oil in it. I do like it better than Burt's other balms because it is not as sticky, but I hate the medicine-like smell of it. It smells like bad cough syrup. I also don't like the pink color that it imparts to my lips. I glaze over it with a WnW Pout Protector. That gets rid of the smell and the pink. It does hydrate like crazy, though! My lips are always dry, but not with this stuff. And that's why I'm giving it 4 lippies.

on 10/1/2007 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the smoothness and the way it feels going on, just can't get past the sickly sweet smell. Wore it to bed, my husband asked what stinks!!

on 9/16/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited when I saw this at Target - $3 for a new flavor of Burt's Bees lip balm. I love pomegranate too, but I was so disappointed! This one is much slicker and less waxy feeling than their others and I cannot stand the smell. To me it smells like cleaning products. I've tried to give it another chance, but I just can't get over the smell. Sorry Burt's Bees!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products