August 1, 2014 | 1224 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by flopsbeebs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There was no tester of this, and i hate that, because i have to be surprised, luckily for me, it was a pleasant surprise.

I was soo scared this was going to be one of those menthol, pepperminty, cinnamon'y, gross burning smelly ones. but it wasnt, it was just a nice slick fruity balm. Yay, finally i got lucky on a product i hadnt tested.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by rosalieann

i bought this on impulse when i was at Walgreen's and i am sure glad i did. this is so much better then the beeswax version. this has more of a slick but not sticky texture and a nice taste and tint as well, the other has a weird grainy texture that is sticky and a strange waxy taste and no tint that i could distinguish. i like this much better then the other. way to go Burt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 7:02:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually one of the weirdos that likes the honey version of BB balm.Honey is a wonderful humectant and although the balm is a bit gritty,it works well.I happened upon this and of course,had to try it.It works well for hydration purposes but I can see that repeated applications would be detrimental to my sensitive lips(I suspect the cinnamon oil as previous reviewers remarked.)On the upside, if you DON'T have sensitive skin,this is a good cheap lip plumper(like Lip Venom,which I think uses cinnamon oil to irritate and swell the tissues).I would repurchase if I don't get any blistering reactions(which is entirely possible...)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by getouttamyface

Great lip balm. I have pretty colored, hydrated lips as it is, so the "stain" doesn't do much for me and I don't need to worry about chapped lips. However, it smells and tastes AWESOME, glides on smooth, and leaves lips shimmery and healthy-looking (and at least doesn't cause dryness!) The original balm did nothing for me; I could take it or leave it. And the lip shimmers, with their intense colors, all looked awful on me (and I wasn't a fan of the strong peppermint smell either). This stuff is great, and practically all-natural. The only way I would be happier with it was if it looked glossier, but alas.

(Still, for moisturization, nothing beats a whisk of vaseline on the lips after washing at night!)

Edit: My lips have been drier recently for some reason... I think it's because I haven't been drinking as much water recently. Anyway, I take back what I said about its possible ineffectiveness... THIS WORKS, and gives lips a little pink too!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by hahaitssusan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smells delicious, but as far as un-chapping my lips? no
burts bees is all over the place so chances are that one
of your friends has it and if your not a germ freak then try
it out, its not worth buying to test it out

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ShivaShivs

I love Burts Bees products mainly because they don't test on animals. When I bought this, my lips were cracked to the extreme! I used it for one night, and I love it. When you put it on, it gives your lips a dewy, rosy feel and look and I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by suechtig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ooo, this is a nice lip balm. I've tried the peppermint one (not bad, a little too waxy) and the honey version (terrible, weird texture), and this one is the best by far. It has a pleasant fruity scent and leaves your lips *slightly* pink , which is very nice. I think that this one may also be more moisturizing than the original version. Here are the ingredients for those interested: sunflower seed oil, beeswax, cocounut oil, castor oil, lanolin, comfrey root, pomegranate oil, sweet almond oil, anise oil, cassia oil, cinnamon leaf oil, clary sage oil, mandarin oil, tocopherol acetate and tocopherol (vit. E), rosemary leaf extract, carmine, fragrance 99.60% natural

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by adobeprincess

I think this product is not as good as yes to carrots. Even this flavor seems manly to me. Now that I have found yes to carrots I am not going to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by CLisa

Oooooh, I love this stuff! This is actually the only Burt's lip balm that I like. The peppermint ones burn, and the honey one was just gross. I love this one's tangy, fruity scent and the cheery watermelon color. It gives a slight (and I mean slight) hint of color, and it's not heavy duty in the moisturizing department ... but I love this for a summery, bare lips look. PPP, dark brunette, hazel/green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ellaphunt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My local Walgreens was out of the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and I had just wrecked my old Blistex one, so I decided to pick this one up.

Pros: I find it more hydrating than the peppermint oil formula; it smells delicious.

Cons: the slight pink tint and the raspberry colored cap on the tube mean that it's a lot less unisex than the original formula.

Also, there's no tingle, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.