Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

As for now, this is my HG foundation, along with the HD MUFE concealer and HD poweder. I used Clinique for a long time (seriously, like 10 years), and I finally had to admit that the color was not matching my skin tone. I went to Sephora and got color matched, and I love this. It doesn't stay on forever, but no make up does. I get up at 4:00 in the morning and work until 4:00p.m., and it stays on well enough. I am very happy with this make up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So, I really love this foundation!! It is sooo light and "velvet-y" feeling. The coverage for me is great, yet it's not cakey at all...for me it doesn't settle into lines. Well, I guess that's not totally true, a tiniest little bit under my eyes...but for my oily skin I love the way it feels. I'm kinda bummed it's so expensive because I'm hooked.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I have been on a quest for the perfect foundation, and I think this might be the one!!! BEAUTIFUL coverage. I only need a little bit and buff it onto my face, and it stays put all day. I only need powder on my nose (that's my problem area as it tends to slide off during the day), and the rest just looks like my natural skin!! The range of shades is fantastic. I found the perfect one to match my fair/light-with-rosy-undertones skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the cap. The foundation is squeezed out, and sometimes product gets up in the cap. What a waste! Other than that, I absolutely love this foundation. New HG!

This made my skin look really dry. Accentuates all fine lines. Tried it once or twice but won't be using it again. Disappointing.

This is the matte, smooth, full coverage foundation that I have been looking for. I found it to keep me pretty matte with minimum touch-ups. It did melt a little on the first mildly warm and humid spring day here in Texas. It made me look vaguely like an aging drag queen but after a powder touch up all was well. I'm now searching for a primer that compliments this and prolongs the matte finish as well as a good stippling/buffing brush for application. I got around 5 hours on the above mentioned day. I did find that quite a bit rubbed off on my phone so I need a setting powder. It did not dry me out but few things can when it starts getting the least bit humid. I think I would prefer a pump bottle but that would probably jack up the price so I'm good.

I have ultra sensitive combination skin, and unlike MAC's foundations, this does not break me out! I was hoping that this would be slightly more matte than it actually is, and I do have to use mattifying lotion before using this to ensure that my skin behaves. I still have to touch up with blot powder at least three times a day. My skin is going through a really oily stage right now though, so if you have relatively normal skin, this would be perfect for the matte look with minimal touch-ups! I am an NC25 and a 30 in this foundation. The coverage of this foundation is AMAZING, however, there is so little product in the bottle for the price...I would buy again just because I haven't found any other foundation that gives me this much coverage without getting super greasy within a few hours.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've only been using this for a week. but i've had such great results so far. I bought this on a saturday. i wanted a new "night out" foundation. right now, i use bare minerals matte foundation, which is great but i wanted to try something with more coverage (i.e. liquid foundation). during the day, i use NARS Sheer Matte foundation, which i also like but i need something different for nights out. i've heard great things about MUFE Mat + so that's what i went for. i wear NARS Sheer Matte in Punjab, which is yellow-based. MUFE Mat + in no. 40 is slightly darker with a more beigy undertone, but i chose that because it was my best match. it was raining the night i wore it out!! AHHHHHH!! rain is horrific for all girls when you go out. i have oily skin, so i have layers of moisturizer, oil control lotion, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, etc. one drop of rain will compromise everything! but the Mat + stayed put! i was amazed. i can't say the same for my hair, but the makeup held up. but the best was, i received compliments on my skin ALL night! a few women coworkers asked me what i had been doing to my skin because it looked "unbelievable" (exact words!) i was sooo thrilled with this stuff. it didn't hold up GREAT after six hours, but i think i need a different primer and oh, NO RAIN. the only reason i say it didn't hold up great is because my oil fought through a bit. my skin still looked reasonably matte though. but again, i think that can all be fixed with new primer and not walking through torrential downpours.
so far, i love this stuff. it was med/full coverage without looking like it! i applied it with my fingers, which i think is the best way to apply thicker oil-controlling foundations. i did set it with a powder in my t-zone but only because i'm an oil-phobe and matte obsessed. it would have looked great without powder. also, no breakouts so far! as for packaging, the squeeze bottle was a thousand times better than the packaging of my NARS Sheer Matte, which is super messy. a pump would be great, but the squeeze bottle has to be just as sanitary.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and this gives me medium coverage and a natural look. I tried it with different brushes: MAC190, MAC187, Sephora#55 but found that my fingers blend and work best for this foundation. I'm a NC40-42 and have this in 55.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've strayed from this foundation recently, came back and sooo happy I did. This foundation is THE BEST for my skin (acne-prone, sensitive, crazy) and that's saying a lot. Bottle says "mattifying" which sounds scary but it doesn't dry your skin out. It is expensive but a tiny bit goes a long way so I think it's worth the money. The coverage (med/full) makes my not-so-perfect skin look flawless. after coming back to this foundation I'm actually excited to put on foundation!!! Thank you MUA for pointing me in the direction of MUFE, superb foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff so I think it's safe for me to post my opinion. For me, this is the best foundation I have found. I have combination skin that is prone to cystic acne. I had been using the MUFE HD foundation, but, sadly, it isn't oil free and makes me break out. If you don't have a problem with acne then the HD is an amazing foundation.
The Mat Velvet + gives a medium-full coverage. It gives a mostly matte finish with a tiny bit of dewiness. It's very blendable and last forever. And, unless you are extremely oily, you don't need a setting powder. I took off one lippie because the shades are slightly to pink for me. Other than that I love it!
PS- If the price ($34.00 USD) is over your budget then I recommended Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily skin (avg. $10-13 USD). I prefer the MUFE because it doesn't dry as fast as the Colorstay so it's easier to blend.