Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/13/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation!!! I have never gotten so many compliments! I have acne scars and i also have some flare ups.Im super oily especially my nose and i have had a hard time find something that stays put. I have tried everything. I like my BE matte formula but even w a primer it comes off at the end of the day.I work 12 hr shifts so i know nothing will last forver but i need something that stays put for at lest 8 hours. This has been my savior i do hower cocktail this. I use this w a dense blush brush and let it dry and then i apply my be matte lightly to set it. It looks flawless! The packaging is dumb not a fan especially when u spend 34 bucks on it. Normally when u by higher end makeup u pay for packaging but not this case. Its also a bit pricey but its def worth it. I think its my HG liquid foundation!!

on 1/12/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

With the right skin care and primer I love this foundation on my oily skin , it looks lovely and the colour match is good on my Nc15 skin. It lasts the day in college without looking awful by the end of the day. Already have a back up

on 1/7/2010 11:25:00 AM

I love this foundation! I have extremely oily, acne prone skin and this foundation covers blemishes very well and gives me a flawless look. I believe I use the lightest shade, which blends into my skin perfectly. It stays on very well, but I also use a primer underneath, which probably helps alot. Also, I breakout from almost everything and this so far has not broken me out (been using over a month).

I LOVE this foundation. I'm an NC 15/20 and I bought this in #20 Ivory and it matched perfectly. MAC Studio Fix BROKE ME OUT and I've tested this foundation for 4 weeks and it didn't affect my skin at all! (Just don't sleep in it and use a makeup remover!)

(EDIT: I've used this product for 3-4 months now and it still hasn't broke me out and i HAVE slept in it... a lot. Which is bad. Don't do it. But Normally that would break me out. I mean I have REALLY REALLY acne-proned skin.)

I set this stuff with MAC MSF Natural in light everyday and that combination gives pretty good coverage to my acne-scarred skin. I still have to use MAC Studio whatever concealor. The foundation itself gives medium to full coverage and I disagree with a lot of ppl and I say that it IS buildable. I like the texture this formula has. Normally foundations feel very soupy but this is SO LIGHT! It's like it dries to a powder finish. It lasts for most of the day so I don't bother touching up. I think it definitely helps with oily skin but you still need to blot. I bought this $34 at Sephora so that definitely hurts my bank account but I'm guessing it will last 2 months.

(EDIT: I actually ran out of this at the beginning of march and I bought it at the end of November, so that's a good 3 months of DAILY use. I think it's worth it.)

If I could find something cheaper that's better I'd use that... but I'm not going to waste my money trying a lot of foundations that can't live up to this. MUFE Mat Velvet + is THE BEST foundation I've ever used. I dare say, it's my HG. (I hope this helps you guys!)

on 1/1/2010 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this foundation a few months back and I've worn it a lot since then. But everytime I do I break out on my chin (of the cystic type) unless I apply concealer all over my chin before I apply this.. as a barrier I guess? Anyways, overall it has good coverage but it does not keep my oily combination skin matte. So because of all of this I have hardly used it in months, and begun using Revlon Colorstay which is amazing...ohh and for some odd reason I can only use this foundation at night because if I wear it during the day it oxidizes and makes me look orangey, very strange. I have this foundation in Sand 30 and I use Revlon Colorstay in Medium Beige, and Everyday Minerals in Buttered-Tan. I probably won't repurchase, actually I know I won't. My skin does not get along with the foundation, it's expensive ($34) for such a small bottle, and it doesn't keep me matte. It does have a beautiful finish, it is a good foundation just not for me.

on 1/1/2010 12:39:00 AM

LOVE that product!

GREAT coverage (sometimes I can ever skip the concealer-step), great staying powder and the lightest color fits me perfectly, yipeeee =)

At the beginning I had some problems with applying the foundation to my face since I have dry skin and the foundation is more made for oily skin and so it was pretty hard to distribute it evenly on my face; it simply feels to thick and sticky; but then I found a simply solution for this problem: I apply my day cream on my face and then apply the foundation right after it without waiting for the cream to think into my skin and voilà, it works!
I applied another shade of this foundation once on my boyfriend for a photoshoot and he has oily, acne-prone skin, but the foundation stays on his face without smearing, caking or getting shiny for hours and it really looked NATURAL, you really couldn't tell that there is make-up on his face.

Although expensive, I will buy it again.

on 12/31/2009 12:17:00 AM

this foundation dries really quickly,therefore it really leaves you little time to blend if you are using a brush.I have recently discovered that if you use your fingers, you will get better results. What really bothers me is it turns orangey on me in a few hours. I wouldnt say the mattifying power is great either, I need to use blotting powder for my t-zone after 2-3 hours after applying it.I think Revlon Colorstay will give you the same results with half of the price.

on 12/27/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this foundation! I really like that it is a squeeze bottle and is compact enough for travel in my makeup bag. I have an oily t-zone and find myself blotting and touching up all the time. I've used this four times now and realized that I only blotted once in the middle of the day! It dries quickly so I use my fingers then take a brush to smooth it out. Loving this foundation!

on 12/27/2009 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I promise I am oilier than any of you on here. This is my HG foundation for over a YEAR now. I almost want to cry because of how good it is and how much I recommend this product. I can wear it to the gym, run for an hour, and it will still at least have 60% coverage. The best part? It STILL doesn't break me out. Very rarely will I come home, take this foundation off, and find whiteheads. I do recommend however using a primer because it does sink in to pores and accentuate any kind of lines/holes/e.t.c. I love that it is waterproof. It loses a lippy because it really does sink into your pores hardcore if you don't prime. I have horrid acne that I am planning to take Accutane for starting next week but this foundation has saved my social life. If it weren't for this, I would probably have no friends. I'm one of those "before' pictures in "before and after" Accutane lol. If you're an oil slick and have horrendous acne scars, give this a shot you won't be disappointed. (MAC 190 brush for application is my favorite).

on 12/27/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, I love this foundation. I like it better than MAC's studio fix fluid. It's oil free (I have oily skin) so that's awesome.. also water resistant! YAY!!! It's not heavy & thick on my face which I love =) I still got a little oily around my nose, but NOTHING compared to how oily it gets when using other foundations. The only reasons I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because of the oily nose & also, I think 34 bucks is alot for such a small amount of product. I'll go through this in no time LOL