Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/1/2010 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this foundation a few months back and I've worn it a lot since then. But everytime I do I break out on my chin (of the cystic type) unless I apply concealer all over my chin before I apply this.. as a barrier I guess? Anyways, overall it has good coverage but it does not keep my oily combination skin matte. So because of all of this I have hardly used it in months, and begun using Revlon Colorstay which is amazing...ohh and for some odd reason I can only use this foundation at night because if I wear it during the day it oxidizes and makes me look orangey, very strange. I have this foundation in Sand 30 and I use Revlon Colorstay in Medium Beige, and Everyday Minerals in Buttered-Tan. I probably won't repurchase, actually I know I won't. My skin does not get along with the foundation, it's expensive ($34) for such a small bottle, and it doesn't keep me matte. It does have a beautiful finish, it is a good foundation just not for me.

on 1/1/2010 12:39:00 AM

LOVE that product!

GREAT coverage (sometimes I can ever skip the concealer-step), great staying powder and the lightest color fits me perfectly, yipeeee =)

At the beginning I had some problems with applying the foundation to my face since I have dry skin and the foundation is more made for oily skin and so it was pretty hard to distribute it evenly on my face; it simply feels to thick and sticky; but then I found a simply solution for this problem: I apply my day cream on my face and then apply the foundation right after it without waiting for the cream to think into my skin and voilà, it works!
I applied another shade of this foundation once on my boyfriend for a photoshoot and he has oily, acne-prone skin, but the foundation stays on his face without smearing, caking or getting shiny for hours and it really looked NATURAL, you really couldn't tell that there is make-up on his face.

Although expensive, I will buy it again.

on 12/31/2009 12:17:00 AM

this foundation dries really quickly,therefore it really leaves you little time to blend if you are using a brush.I have recently discovered that if you use your fingers, you will get better results. What really bothers me is it turns orangey on me in a few hours. I wouldnt say the mattifying power is great either, I need to use blotting powder for my t-zone after 2-3 hours after applying it.I think Revlon Colorstay will give you the same results with half of the price.

on 12/27/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this foundation! I really like that it is a squeeze bottle and is compact enough for travel in my makeup bag. I have an oily t-zone and find myself blotting and touching up all the time. I've used this four times now and realized that I only blotted once in the middle of the day! It dries quickly so I use my fingers then take a brush to smooth it out. Loving this foundation!

on 12/27/2009 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I promise I am oilier than any of you on here. This is my HG foundation for over a YEAR now. I almost want to cry because of how good it is and how much I recommend this product. I can wear it to the gym, run for an hour, and it will still at least have 60% coverage. The best part? It STILL doesn't break me out. Very rarely will I come home, take this foundation off, and find whiteheads. I do recommend however using a primer because it does sink in to pores and accentuate any kind of lines/holes/e.t.c. I love that it is waterproof. It loses a lippy because it really does sink into your pores hardcore if you don't prime. I have horrid acne that I am planning to take Accutane for starting next week but this foundation has saved my social life. If it weren't for this, I would probably have no friends. I'm one of those "before' pictures in "before and after" Accutane lol. If you're an oil slick and have horrendous acne scars, give this a shot you won't be disappointed. (MAC 190 brush for application is my favorite).

on 12/27/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, I love this foundation. I like it better than MAC's studio fix fluid. It's oil free (I have oily skin) so that's awesome.. also water resistant! YAY!!! It's not heavy & thick on my face which I love =) I still got a little oily around my nose, but NOTHING compared to how oily it gets when using other foundations. The only reasons I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because of the oily nose & also, I think 34 bucks is alot for such a small amount of product. I'll go through this in no time LOL

on 12/25/2009 11:28:00 PM

my favorite foundation so far.the packaging is okay, its plastic with a screw on cap so you can carry it around with you. its about $45 canadian. i woudl never spend that much, but my amazing boyfriend bought it for me :)
my skin is pretty stubborn with scars, uneven skin tone. i have large pores with black heads and large pimples here and there. i also have very fair skin with pink undertones and its SOO hard to cover up my redness. not to mention its the OILIEST OF THE OIILY!.
i actually bought the "best of make up forever" gift set that came with the hd primer and the hd silica powder. so with the combination of the primer, foundation and silica powder,i get flawless, SOFT skin (almost) alll day!
before using this, i would use at least 10 blotting sheets every day. but i can wear this stuff all dayand not wonder how shiny my face is. so thats a really good feeling.

it doesnt break me out, doesnt make me more oily, my redness is almost completely gone, and my skin looks more even :)everything ive ever wanted in a foundation. i suggest that you use a foundation brush though as the sponges dont blend this foundation very well!

on 12/22/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my Winter foundation. Even in Winter I am oily, but I also tend to get flakes with the drier air, and my usual mineral makeup looks awful. This liquid is just perfect, creamy enough that my flakies don't show and matte enough to control the oil for most of the day without blotting. I am a #25 Warm Ivory, at least in winter, which looks perfect on my pale to medium skin with pink undertones.

on 12/21/2009 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the first foundation i've used that covers my horrible acne scars, i still need concealer though. it stays for about 4 hours then i have to blot...then about 15-20% of the foundation comes off...to be fair nothing stays on my face when i start to oil lol. i'm mac 35...and i use #20 and #35 mixed together, works pretty well. kinda expensive :(

I have found my personal holy grail of foundation!!

1. Doesn't break me out