November 22, 2014 | 947 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by gearslut

I picked up a sample of this at Sephora. I really liked the consistency and the way the product applied but I think I had the wrong colour because it looked a bit orange on me (#40). It didn't stay matte - I had to blot a few times during the day. I found the HD foundation actually made me less oily than the Mat. Unfortunately, I broke out the next day so I won't be purchasing the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is wonderful and really gives you a lovely complexion but the price is pretty high for foundation and how long it takes before you use up the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lwzeman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation...not so thick as to be gummy but thick enough for good coverage. I have used other medium-full coverage foundations that are way too thick and look like a mask, and are extremely difficult to blend. I use this over a good moisturizer and it blends very well, giving me the coverage that I need. The #35 color is a perfect match for me. I have combination skin so I use a little powder to set it and it looks great all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by orientalxxpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this product worked for me! I absolutely adore it, but sadly it broke me out :( if you're looking for a good liquid foundation though I most definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by kokoshanel

I have been looking for a good foundation. I'm asian, and I love how Japanese foundation works/looks on my skin. I used to use Shiseido but I cannot find it around here any more. So I was excited to see the similar result that MUFE's Mat velvet foundation gave me.

The box says:
"Mat Velvet + evens and matifies the skin tone. It's amino acid coated pigments provide both stability and durability to the make-up. The formula, rich in wheat amidon complex coveres imperfections, neutralizes the shiny areas, and leaves a velvet finish. After the silicone evaporation, it's oil-free texture leaves a non-greasy and comfortable finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never seem to be able to find a foundation that perfectly matches my porcelain pink complexion. This foundation is, unfortunately, no exception. I have the very lightest shade sold and it's still a bit too yellow for me. Even though the Sephora website says that the shade is for pink undertones, I beg to differ. The foundation clearly runs yellow IMO. Because of this alone I would not buy it again.

The foundation by itself is a bit too thick for me so I dilute it with my sunscreen to make a tinted moisturizer. I don't find the finish to be overly matte, but it can emphasize my dry, flaky areas when I don't add my sunscreen to it. Most oil free foundations dry me out, but this one doesn't, which is a plus. Overall I don't think that this foundation really works that wonderfully for me, but I will make an effort to finish it before I continue my search for something better. A quick note on the packaging - I like the squeeze bottle idea, but when it arrived an air bubble had formed which sent product streaming out the top. There was no way to get it back in and it was way more than I could use so it went to waste.

12/30/09 - This has dried my skin terribly. I won't change my rating because I should have expected this. I will discontinue using this product and search for something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG foundation & I'm shocked (especially since I had such poor results with the HD foundation). I have dry/combo skin & usually anything "matte" makes me look cakey & dry. This did not do this. It looks natural. It is a thick foundation, so a little goes a long way. The color range is fantastic (which is what actually made me try it) & #15 is a perfect match. I loved MAC studio sculpt, but the lightest was still a little dark 4 me. This lasts all day even with my physical job. My blush stays on all day 2. It's a little pricey but completely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation-- I appreciated the wide range of shades this foundation came in. It was easy enough to find a shade that fit my skin tone pretty much perfectly. My only complaint would have to be that the consistency is a bit "off." It's kind of thick like paint unless you shake it REALLY well. And I mean VIGOROUSLY. It was easy to blend and it gave pretty good coverage, but the thickness was definitely not a plus.

That being said, I would probably buy this again. I think the price was right (I believe it was about $35,) and trust me a little bit of this stuff goes a LONG way. The consistency is just a minor fault. This is the first foundation I've used that I've not had any major issues with as far as making my skin oily, staying on, coverage, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Face2Mac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product 4 times and by the time 3 hours in, I had to blot. It also oxidized and turned my skin orange. I am very yellow in winter so I want to try this because it wasn't too yellow but good enough. I didn't have any breakouts but I had to blot 3 hours after I applied. My coworker thought I had on orange blush it turned so bad and she said I was very shiny. I am NC50/NW45 and I tried out #75. I will be going back to my Revlon ColorStay and returning this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

HG HG HG. The ONLY foundation that controls shine and oil for me. Great colour choices. I wear #35 (MAC NC35-40 skin tone). Long wearing and feels light. Would buy again and again and again....