April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very nice product. I haven't been much of a toner user since I was a teen, but decided to check this out based on reviews here. It is great in the sense that it leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean without drying or stining. I don't use it all the time, but I love the results when I do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 8:28:00 PM More reviews by dusty333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Probably the most perfect product on the planet....okay meladrama aside. This stuff is great. From toner to bug bites you can use for everything! I put it in a spray bottle with some pepermint oil, lavender oil, and eucalyptus oil....shake up and it makes an awsome spray on toner for summer or travel. Cannot beat this stuff a couple bucks for a gallon drum...well okay NOT gallon but big bottle, Who needs expensive toner when you've got this????

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by inacat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a staple. never without at least one bottle.

found that I can infuse it with whatever I need, from marigold petals to lavender oil, and get a toner that's tailor made for the situation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2005 1:10:00 AM More reviews by peekaboo_kate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! It works as an amazing astringent/toner. I have very dry and sensitive skin and I was pleasantly surprised to see that this product didn't make my skin tight, dry, or irritated. In fact, I've noticed that it has made my pores smaller and my face smoother! My breakouts have also decreased since using this Witch Hazel Astringent. I would DEFINETLY recommend this astringent to anyone and everyone!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by babeehanul

My sister gave me this cuz she heard it was a good toner. Huge bottle, doesnt dry out my skin or break me out. Then again...doesnt really seem to clear up any blemishes either. I'll keep this around as my "spare" toner. I dont think I'll ever run out of this bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2005 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nswilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I discovered this great product about a month ago on drugstore.com. It's been fantastic! The best thing about this astringent is that it's very gentle. My very oily, break-out prone skin has improved considerably since I've begun using it. I still get the occassional zit, but far less often than I used to.

12/26/05 EDIT: I had to reduce my rating from a 5 to a 3 because the astringent turned out to be too drying(14% alcohol). And this is from someone who has very oily skin! I've since moved on to Dickinson's Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, which seems far better. I've only used it for a couple of days so will wait a couple of weeks before I review it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by maya33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*this product never ever stings, which some 'fancy' toners do
*even though it contains alcohol it does not dry out my dry skin
*When I had an allergic reaction to another product I had a red lumpy rash on my face - using this was the ONLY thing that got rid of the redness - looking it up online I see that use on rashes etc is a proven application of witch hazel
*cheap enough to use everywhere - I use on my legs after shaving (I have very tempremental dry skin) and it really helps
*RE other reviews - in my view smell is not offensive but just not nice, but I'd rather that then smelling a flower posy and having my skin react to the fragrance
*all round, seems to make an improvement to my skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2005 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Warning! I'm pregnant so my current results w/this product may be just a fluke...God, I hope not though =) With that being said, I'm really liking this so far. It leaves my face soft not dried out, my breakouts seem to be clearing up faster, and the witch hazel smell fades fast which is a def. plus for me b/c I'm plagued w/morning sickness 24 hrs a day =( I use it every night after I wash my face w/a washcloth, then afterwards I spot treat w/a Persagel 10%BP. This combo is really helping me stay clear and WAY less clogged pores (seeing that I wear foundation *medium coverage* everyday of my life) Bought mine @ Walgreens for like $3.26 or something close to that. The bottle is HUGE. I'll update if things change.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to try this after reading about it. I have used Neutrogena or Clinique toners for years. I find that this witch hazel tones just as well, if not better. It was $2.17 for a huge bottle at WalMart. The smell is nasty, but it is worth it because my face feels smoother and looks better than it has in years. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kellirc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read about witch hazel somewhere and thought I would try it. My mother had a bottle of Dickinson's in her cabinet, so I used it. It worked so well, gets off all makeup and does not dry out or tighten skin. So I asked my mom to pick up another bottle. She bought a store brand. I tried it and it works just as well. The smell is a little bit annoying but I can live with it for good results. I have oily skin and I don't seem to be getting the same amount of breakouts as I used to.