September 16, 2014 | 1458 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 12:42:00 PM More reviews by vietbeb

This stuff is awesome. And CHEAP! Removes every last trace of make-up and leaves my skin feeling clean and doesn't dry it out! This is my HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 3:06:00 AM More reviews by korina981

This stuff is awesome. i mean it's not some miracle product but it's just an effective toner that makes your skin feel very clean. it's also so cheap that it's worth to just have it it around for things like cuts and burns and shaving ouchies. Even if you wanna use another toner just keep it around. It is a toner that is really more than a toner. I used it to clean up a nasty cut I got I got once. The smell is AWFUL but I've gotten so used to it i don;t even notice it anymore

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by beatthetime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toner. I add green tea and evening primrose oil to it in order to off set the alcohol content. It is very refreshing and doesn't freak out my sensitive skin. My mom introduced it to me years ago. Witch hazel has many uses and it is a great item to add to a first aid kit, in place of peroxide or alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is fantastic. It does smell funky at first but it quickly goes away. It does not burn and it helps with my oily acne prone skin. My husand loves it too. He is extremely oily especially on the nose and this keeps the oil at bay without drying out the skin. What a great price too!!! HIGHLY recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by lovingthis

Where have I been? This stuff is great. I got a free sample of this & I love it. The smell is awful but thats a small price to pay for the outcome. I have been breaking out like never before--which really hurts cuz I'm 35 and thought I was well over the breakout stage--but anywho...I bought just about every acne product out there to no avail. I just started using this & miraculously my acne has ceased & my skin is clearing up, even the redness has faded. I'm so sold on this. I follow it with some Clearasil and I'm good to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll72485

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance, but I just can't bear using it anymore. The scent just lingers for me and it reminds me of the Chinese herbal stuff my parents used to make me take. Ugh. My skin's not problematic enough to keep using it, but if I ever get oiler or start breaking out, maybe I'll give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never used a toner before I started using this about a year ago. I have repurchased the full size bottle three times because this has improved my acne, and kept my oily skin under control. I apply this once a day after washing my face. I think not washing my face more than once a day has also helped my skin as well, but I'm confident witch hazel has played a major role as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by chsgirl_05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i really liek this toner... its the best I have used so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pixieshimmers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great soothing product that cleans and refreshes without drying the skin, and it has not caused any breakouts. It helps return skin to a normal PH which is supposed to help with acne. I think my skin is softer and smoother since using this. I have not been using my salicylic acid toner since this, and I think my skin is less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 3:32:00 AM More reviews by mimai

Another vote here for Dickinson's! Can I give it 10 lippies?

I wasn't sure at first because it's 14% alcohol (I think witch hazel has alcohol, you can't avoid it). And I'm not exactly a fan on the smell--reminds me of denatured alcohol and Bunsen burners! x_x

BUT it leaves my face squeaky-clean, yet nice and soft to touch. My forehead's now the same color as the rest of me (it used to be darker; runs in the family) and my cheeks are rosier. That's a HUGE endorsement, because my combo skin is ridiculous: not pimple-prone, but with a very oily T-zone and very dry cheeks. In fact, witch hazel works so well that I don't even bother with cleanser and moisturizer at night anymore. Dickinson's is the only thing I use.

Once in a while (like last night, because I was out of Dickinson's and didn't have time to go to Healthy Options) I use undiluted Bragg's apple cider vinegar on my face. It stings a bit and it smells of every other kind of vinegar there is, you'll get instant results that last. Sheer porcelain!

However, a question: Is it tested on animals? The label doesn't say. Although I got it from a generally animal-friendly store.