April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow! i am so glad that i gave this foundation a try. I have to say i am really impressed. I have a few CG foundations & have typically been happy w/ them. Outlast Stay Fabulous is just that, Fabulous!
~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~
CoverGirl is a well known, highly available drugstore cosmetics company available in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as mass stores like Target, Walmart and Kmart. Availability & price will vary as with most drugstore products depending on your location as well as sales & discounts. The price to me personally is a little high esp for d/s product. But anymore, foundations are almost $10 each so i purchased mine at Walmart for $9.47 with a $1 off coupon so I paid around $9 which isnt bad but i wish it was a few dollars less. Would i buy again for the same price, probably. I would def suggests using coupons or waiting for sales.
~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~
CG Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation is a great for most skin types. I think normal/dry skin like my own can wear this just be sure to moisturize well but those w/ combo/oily skin can also wear this since the formula is a thicker more natural/matte finish. Depending on how much is applied & which way its applied, coverage will vary. I like to just even out skin so i find one pump is way more than needed. I find this covers so well that concealer can be skipped if i add a bit more in areas like under eyes, spots, & blemishes. Whats nice is building up does not lead to cakeyness nor does it emphasize fine lines or pores. What i love about this foundation as well is I was worried that the lightest shade was going to be too dark or not cool enough from reading reviews but I find it matches my NW10 (i may even be lighter than that, im super pale) but the fndt shade 810 fits just fine, its slightly more neutral than cool but those with NC skin may see it leaning slightly too cool. I am glad 810 Ivory is light enough that it sets into skin. The coverage is wonderful. I like light coverage but have found Outlast to give medium to full if you build it up. I use half a pump & a damp sponge w/ setting spray or my Elf Powder brush to blend this out. Doesnt dry too fast either. It blends so easily, has a slight gel primer feel to it. It glides on easily like silicone & doesnt settle or cling to any of my dry areas being that its still a harsh winter climate here. I have norm to dry skin so this wears for 7-8 hrs before i see any fading. Long wearing, great coverage.With great coverage normally comes the heavy, im wearing makeup feeling that i dislike but not with this. It feels like skin & the scent dissipates during application. Ive had no breakouts or pimples appearing w/ some fndts ive tried since i do have sensitive skins at times. If i use a dab more under eyes & any hyper pigmented areas, i dont even have to use concealer. I like to wear a correcter under eyes but i could skip steps w/ this. I would suggests anyone giving this a shot bc i think its a great foundation. I am glad to see d/s companies giving us high quality makeup.
~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~
CG Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation comes in a nice glass jar included a PUMP! yes, a pump, a rare commodity in d/s foundations. The glass jar is thick but not super heavy. It will hold up w/ travel. The pump allows easy distribution of product. I like to use half a pump which i can do w/ this. The pump is a nice teal blue color. The lid stays on to keep the pump & product protected so no messes. The labeling information is the teal color as well. Shade number is located on the front bottom as well as on the back with the shade name. More information is also on the back of the jar. The packaging is simple but actually really nice. Its doesnt take up too much room, nothing bulky. I am pleased w/ the packaging. I havent had a problem w/ getting to the fndt but ill have to wait til the bottom of the jar to see if its hard to get to it all.
Overall, this is def my new go to favorite foundation. I have 2 other favs too but so far this is beating them two. I'll def use this up & buy a backup or two, haha. I just really like it but i see this one bottle lasting awhile since very little is needed. I like to use this too w/ my fndts that are too dark and/or not enough coverage. I dunno how ill like this in the summer since i like light coverage when its hot but ill see. Def recommend to anyone esp those looking for a foundation that will provide coverage & lasting power. A few shades to pick from, the shades are similar to other CG foundations.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by stellanoel

For me this was a less than OK foundation. I found the coverage to be nearly-sheer but buildable (if you work quickly). It kind of started to get sticky when I went back over areas that needed a little more coverage. The two things I liked about it were the finish and the feel. It felt light weight, not sticky or strange. It finished pretty matte, almost powdery. What I didn't like was how it settled into pores a scars, and it streaked. So when it says that it already has primer in it - I guess that doesn't mean the kind of primer that makes your base go on nicely. You better put this on directly in front of a window or outside. It looked all nice in front of my makeup mirror and then I went outside to check on it and it looked like I let my 3 year old put it on for me. It was correctable with powder, but jeez. If you have poreless, scar free skin, this would probably work nicely for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Ta2dqt21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product, I really did. On the upside, the color selection is fantastic, the pump bottle is very user-friendly, and the foundation itself went on creamy, smooth, and dried in a decent amount of time. Coverage is medium and build-able. On the downside, it does not keep shine at bay as well as other long lasting foundations. On my first day trying out the product, I did notice wear throughout the day (I don't have excessively oily skin), and my skin felt tight and irritated after I removed the foundation. I gave the formula one more day, as I always do when trying a new product. On the second night, when I went to wash off my makeup, I had big, red splotches in places that I never have any problems in. That was enough for me, and the bottle was returned the next day. I have had breakout and irritation issues with Covergirl foundations in the past. While it may be a fantastic product for others, I feel as though the formulation is too harsh, and overall mediocre, in comparison to other long-lasting foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Bisquit85

I have really been on the hunt for a medium to full coverage drug store foundation and was advised to try this. I picked up a bottle the other day at my local Walgreens for $12.99 which was doable. Overall I'm a fan, I tend to have a semi hard to match skin tone. I am fair to medium toned and natural ivory is always to pink and creamy natural to orange for me but I tried this in the buff beige and I'm pleased to announce its almost a perfect match, which that alone makes this a keeper. So far my only complaint is I wish it was a slightly fuller coverage and so for that I will continue to use my concealer prior to applying this foundation. Some perks are that it truly is long lasting and has a decent matte finish. The packing is also nice, easy to handle and the pump is a sweet bonus. A little but also goes a fairly long way which is good since the price point is slightly high for drug store foundation although not ridiculous. So in the end I am a huge fan and will continue to use this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i'm about NC20-ish with normal-dry skin. my skin is generally pretty clear with slight redness in my cheeks.. so i use foundation to basically even out my skintone on days when i want to look more polished. i had this in the shades classic ivory (more pinky) and nude beige (more yellow) and both shades matched decently.
i found that this foundation provided a light-med coverage that was enough to even out my skintone overall but didn't quite cover the redness in my cheeks. it was pretty lightweight and didn't have the sticky / tacky feeling that makes me feel like i'm going to breakout instantaneously. it also didn't require me to use a powder to set before applying blush. flip side was that it could some times look a little cakey and for some reason my skin felt drier than normal after using this foundation for a few consecutive days. however, my ultimate dealbreaker was that it seemed to settle into the pores on and around my nose.. accentuating them (when they were previously not so visible) no matter how much i blended or how i applied it. that is not a look i want to sport around town. that being said, this is not a problem unique to this foundation for me. overall, i found this to be a decent foundation but not for me due to the pores issue. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Seirybaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product and don't think ill be switching to anything else. I have oily skin and have been looking for a product that can help control the oil. I tried bare minerals, Mac, colorstay and nothing worked but this did! Maybe after 8 hours I may have to blot but that is rarely. Looks the same after a long day of work. The only weird thing about this product are the shades. I changed it like 3 times and was giving up. I am a NW20 and my match was medium beige, how weird is that???? But at least I found my match. The powder I use with this is the nearly naked by revlon and goes perfect together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I wanted to like this. I had found an already opened bottle in stores and tested it on the back of my hand. It seemed similar to Revlon Colorstay so I thought it might be a bit different on my skin.
Time to face the sad facts: It caked pretty badly on my skin. I have dry spots and whether I'm wearing make-up or not, you can't tell (it's not flaky). It was also blotchy. Other than that it lasted well and evened out everything nicely. I just can't get liquid to not cake on my skin. I've tried different moisturizers, I've tried crappy primers (cause acne), and I've tried waiting times between applying moisturizer & primer (along with trying with one and without the other).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mthomas1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I have only been using this product for about a week, I really like it. It has wonderful staying power and a very natural finish. The best part for me is that it doesn't settle into my new and ever-growing collection of fine lines around my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC 42 = Golden Tan

Seriously worth the hype people. I've been using it for 4 days straight and I usually alternate my foundations. Lasting power is exceptional. It dries down to a matte finish. Although it says there is a primer built in, I still use a primer under. Medium with buildable full coverage. I find that I don't need to use much concealer when using this foundation. Another plus is this comes with a pump.

Has not broken me out. Just make sure you do a thorough job of washing it all off at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dislike this product a lot. I went back home to the island of Oahu for my cousin's wedding. The day before the wedding, I attended the rehearsal and rehearsal lunch. When I was getting ready, I realized I did not bring my liquid foundation. I ended up using my concealer mixed with my moisturizer, and it worked great. Later that day, I went to the nearest drugstore and picked up this foundation. I paid $12.99 each at Walgreens. Before purchasing, I read some reviews and it was almost all positive. I wanted more coverage than my mix concealer/moisturizer (I should have just added more concealer to my moisturizer), so I went ahead and purchased two colors (Soft Honey and Warm Beige). I have extremely oily skin and large pores, so with all the awesome reviews, I thought it should do pretty good. When I got home from the drugstore, I wanted to test it out. I completely washed my face, moisturized it, then primed with my Tarte primer. I started with Soft Honey on one side of my face and used Warm Beige on the other side. I let it set and oxidize for 2-3 minutes and neither matched my skin tone. Soft Honey was too dark and Warm Beige made me look gray. Not only did the colors not match me, my pores looked larger than normal. The color matching is totally my fault, I don't have a perfect color match in this line. For the night, I decided to use Warm Beige and warmed my face up with MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish. I promise you, in one hour, my face was an oily mess and the foundation did not last. I returned both foundations before I returned to the mainland. Sorry, this was a no go for me!