September 21, 2014 | 2112 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by songy67

An over-hyped product that is mediocre in every way. I appreciate the pigmentation and texture of these, but that's about it. On my lips they are not at all moisturizing and will actually make my lips flake and peel unless I wear a balm underneath. I mean, I wasn't expecting a lip treatment but I was expecting that my lips would not be dried out by something called a 'lip butter'. The packaging looks and feels nice, but the silver tubing tends to wobble and the bullet will smear alongside the edge. It lasts half an hour at most on my lips, which is something I might have forgiven if there was a pleasant scent to entice me to reapply... but there isn't. No scent at all. The shade Peach Parfait is a would-be gorgeous color that they packed with glitter that looks juvenile and feels awful. My favorites are Pink Truffle (a deep rose cream) and Berry Smoothie (medium sheer pink with fine shimmer) which I might be tempted to repurchase in the future since they are cheap and nice to casually tote around. Honestly though, the best way I can describe these is mediocre.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jessica123

I'm glad I kept the receipt. I also bought into all the hype with these products, but they are awful. I tried 4 different shades and the color pay off is better with lipstick, and they don't moisturize, so I don't see the point. It feels like having greasy stuff sitting on top of your lips. It looks gross and feels worse. I tried to make this work, trying it w/ w/out balm, a little, or a lot, several colors, but really this does not live up to the hype. Save your money for some actual balm or some good d/s lipstick. Very disappointed.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these! Are they a replacement for lip balm? No, especially if your lips are prone to chapping and you find yourself reaching for lipbalm multiple times a day. These lip butters are rich and emollient, and comfort moderately dry lips and protect them from the elements but they don't *treat* lips that are already suffering or chronically dry. Which is something that isn't going to bother anyone who approaches these as a cosmetic item but will seriously disappoint anyone expecting a skincare item.

Since I rarely need to apply lip balm more than once or twice a day in order to keep my lips soft and healthy looking, these lip butters work just great for me. They provide enough moisture and cover to soothe my lips if they start feeling parched from the effects of cold, indoor heating or wind which is all I need for them to do as a lip balm.

As a lipstick/gloss, these are a really great product. They feel extremely smooth, lightweight and glossy, have a mid level of shine and pigment and come in really flattering shades. I've bought 6 of them and the only one I hated was Pink Truffle, and even that one just didn't work with my skin tone (pinky beige shades in general just oxidize oddly on my lips).

The darker shades leave behind a bit of a stain behind after the product wears off that's really flattering and postpones the need for reapplication. I can go 3-4 hours between retouches with Red Velvet while lighter shades like Peach Parfait need touching up every two.

I love the packaging too. The transparent matte plastic looks quite chic and makes it easy for me the ID shades floating around at the bottom of my purse. I also appreciate that the tube caps fit very snugly. Lipsticks have a history of losing their caps in my purse which can be a real problem for soft lip products which are easily gouged by other items knocking around in my bag!

I highly recommend this product with the caveat that people have to approach them with realistic expectations. If your lips need a lot of TLC, they're still going to need extra TLC if you use this lip butter. But if you're looking for flattering, glossy, semi-opaque lipsticks these are awesome. I'm so happy with this product and that Revlon is making them permanent! I hope Revlon expands their color selection a little. I'd really love to see a darker plum or berry shade from this line!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I gave in to all the hype. After hearing all the rave reviews saying that this moisturizes your lips like a lipchap - while providing decent coverage - I figured why not!
I love lip products, but hate how they feel on my lips, and this one is no exception.
While I love the colour (I only own pink truffle, but I have tried creme brulee) and how easily it glides on, I hate how it feels on my lips. After wearing it a couple of hours, it makes my lips drier. Not as bad as wearing lipgloss or lipstick by itself, but I hate that feeling.
Also i reapply my lipchap/vaseline with my fingers every hour or so, so getting the colour smeared around on my fingers and lips does not turn out to be very good.
I prefer them as lipsticks, but not for a everyday use, it's just not ideal for me. Also it comes with less product than a lipstick, but I'm paying around the same price! And the packaging is a little tricky. The first time I opened mine it was harder than I had expected!!

It does live up to the "butter" name though, they are so soft that if you aren't care with them (not too much pressure or leaving them in a warm car), they will be ruined VERY easily! And I don't like the shimmer/light glitter in some of the colours.

Not for me, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these! I too picked up mine at Rexall with the buy one get one deal, and picked up cotton candy and cherry tart. Cotton candy is about the same color as my natural lips, but gives a nice sheer gloss with a bit of shimmer.

Cherry tart is a flattering neutral red, it doesn't have any overwhelming blue or orange undertones. This gives my lips a wash of sheer red that definitely looks noticeable and festive, but without being TOO much of a statement lip. I don't usually wear lipstick, and I feel like this looks really noticeable but still feels wearable. I'm going to wear a coat or too of benetint underneath this for holiday parties to get more color and staying power.

Both formulas feel really nice, they apply easily and seem to sink in well, and definitely feel moisturizing like any other lip butter.

One thing--make sure you exfoliate your lips before applying these. I find they do sort of accentuate any chapping. Not on the same level as a lip stain would, but enough so it's noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by KrisFish

Got this at buy one get one free at Rexall, so very pleasantly surprised! I don't care how much they were hyped, they definitely live up to the hype. These glide on effortlessly, keeps your lips moisturized the whole time and have a great sheen to them to boot. No, they don't wear as long as normal lipsticks, but as a person with extremely drying lips, you must understand moisturizing lipsticks never last as long as the normal ones. I don't mind at all reapplying ever 3 hours or so, the product is so light on my lips, it's like I'm wearing just lipbalm! The only warning I give about these is that the lighter shades go on very sheer so if you're looking for an opaque color go for the darker ones. Love this so much, I think I might end up buying the whole line!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by shwpar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought 4 today at Rexall..well bought 2 got 4(BOGO)...can't beat the price at CAD$4.75 each.....I got Red Velvet, Fig jam, Sugar Plum and Berry Smoothie. Not impressed with Berry Smoothie...it looks off on my face. Love the rest though...best of the lot is Red Velvet,it gives my lips a berry red stain...perfect for the season. Fig jam and Sugar plum are nice too, a sheer brown and a mauvey plum. Love the texture..soft and buttery...All lip products are BOGO this week at Rexall.....cheapest I have seen them in Canada so far....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Ckeung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in Toronto, Canada and I just saw them today at my local Shoppers Drug Mart for about $10.49 ish. But they are also found on well.ca (free Canadian shipping, no min purchase) for $8.99! I didnt buy any yet, just letting everyone know :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Avon Slick Tint in Glossy Wine anyone?
That's what these remind me of. These ruined the condition of my lips. I have tried lip butters when they very first came out. I wanted to try them for some time before writing my review. Being that I am only a pink/nude gal all of the pinks and the creme brule swatch came out more pigmented on my hand and when applying on my lips I had to go back and forth on my lip it least 6xs for them to show on my lips,then after all that they smear off my lips within 10 minutes. The creme brule did not even show up on my lips at all. For how much you have to apply you would definitely go through a tube of this fast. Most were just sheer or sheer with shimmer to me. Way too many light, frosty, cool colors that I can't wear. These show up depending on your lip texture and your lip pigmentation. Pink truffle shows up on me but I can see red/brown in it so I don't like it that much,to much brown for me and looks like a lippie from the 90's. It's simply an over-hyped and over priced sheer lipstick and . It provides no extra moisture to my lips, but how could it if it's off within 10 minutes? The only true part about the advertisement is that it's shiny. These felt greasy and I'm not sure why these dried out my lips somehow either. So much for the "lip butter" aspect. I really hate these and I think they look a sloppy mess after I had to go around and around and back and forth on my lip to get some kind of pigment then I had color underneath my lip and above that I had to look out for and on top of that they showed every line in my lips. I think they are a pain. The shades that I would go for are either to sheer or have shimmer and even if I did like a shade I still would not wear it for how severely dry my lips became. These ruined the condition of my lips and completely dried them out to the point that they hurt. I have been repairing them with lanolin ointment since. I don't touch mine at all and won't again after what they did to my lips. These win the most hyped up product of 2011!!!!!!!!!!! Point is, everyone is entitled to disclose their experience with a product, honestly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by fortheloveoflipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love these! I picked up Pink Truffle and Gumdrop and I plan on going back for more! I love the fact that their moisturizing, they have a slight shine so no lipgloss needed, their pigmented enough to wear alone, and the color selection is amazing. I'm dying to get my hands on Red Velvet!