December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by makeuprulesgirl

I love this mascara! It lengthens my lashes and makes then fuller. It is affordable and comes in various shades. It also comes in waterproof. I will buy again! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new favourite mascara. The packaging is really nice (same with the brush), so even though I have a bunch of mascara waiting to be used, I bought this anyways lolol
I usually don't like non-waterproof mascaras because they don't hold curls well and smudge off my oily eyelids, but this one really surprised me. It holds a curl quite well, stays on all day, AND comes off super easily.
The only thing I don't really like about it is that is doesn't actually volumize. It just makes it looks like I have more individual lashes, but you can't see that from far away.
This is very natural looking and feeling, and I use this for school everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

Maybelline mascaras always have a way of enticing me, mostly because I'm such a fan of Full N' Soft and Falsies. This is like Full N' Soft + Falsies = One by One! I LOVE THIS MASCARA! I got it in waterproof a few days ago. It's great. Very black, one coat looks natural but you can build up on it without making it look clumpy or disgusting. I wore it to a metal concert yesterday, where I was jumping around and sweating for a few hours and obviously my makeup did run, but it didn't run as bad as it had in the past. This mascara is really great and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not a big fan of Maybelline mascaras..and after trying "Falsies" which was "OK"...i was skeptical at trying this...but of course...the cute packaging and colors got my attention :)

I'm giving this a 3/5. It's not bad...but it's not great either. It does lengthen but I feel as if I have to keep coating my lashes to get that dramatic, full look that I want. Just like falsies, it is very watery too..and takes a little longer to dry than other mascaras. I accidentally fell asleep with this on and there were flakes all over. It also made my contacts very sensitive so when i was rubbing my eyes....there were flakes all over the place as well. I'm not sure if i would repurchase this or not.... LOVE the colors tho! hehe! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by katrami

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, this is my first time ever reviewing on Makeupally sooo.. here it goes. I bought this Thursday just to try and to replace my falsie in black drama. I had the black drama since December and recently got dry and nasty but, i LOVED THE LENGTH AND DRAMA IT GAVE MY LASHES WITH MADE THEM LOOK LIKE FALSIES (DUH!!) when the new semester of school started I loved how my friends lashes looked with one by one so i gave it a try. It does seperate the lashes one by one and gives lengh and def. but i think i was missing a little of umph w/ some volume. I guess its just my personal preference. And as others have said yes, it does flake with a second coat. Which is unfortunate because im a two coat kind of gal. ( please give feed back )

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by EmiBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a big fan of Maybelline mascaras but I was a bit hesitant after trying the Falsies, which I was re disapointed with. But I ended up LOVING this mascara! There are 2 main points that I love:

1) THE BRUSH- I love the shape of this brush, it really captures every lash and its easy to get it really close to the lashline. It separates lashes fairly well. I recommend starting at the lashline and working your way up the lash in a Z formation, slowly separating the lashes.

2) THE FORMULA- The pigmentation is great & just one swipe really curls my lashes and keeps them up all day. It tends to flake if you add layers after it has dried though.

All in all, I like this mascara. It separates my already long lashes and seems to make them look thicker. This mascara may not be for those, however who have short eyelashes and are looking for a lengthening formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by hannahxxbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm this mascara is a toughie. I don't know if it's me, but it probably is. I've used this for a week now, and some times it's AMAZING! It lengthens, seperates and volumizes my lashes like no other. But other times it comes up a bit short, and doesn't succeed like it used to. If it continues to do that, I'll probably add it on to my 'layering' list. That's why I'd repurchase it because it's a amazing mascara to layer of Maybelline The Volume Colossal Express.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

After trying (and hating!) the Falsies, I was a bit hesitant to try out Maybelline's newest mascara. But, one of my fav YouTube gurus recommended it, and she usually has pretty similar makeup tastes as I do, so I decided I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did, because much to my surprise, I quite like it! I have the regular (non-waterproof) version, and it does what I like a mascara to do. It gives my lashes a bit more length, definition, and volume. I have to say that this mascara really excels at holding a curl, which is awesome. After I curl my lashes and apply this, the curl doesn't drop at all! I don't really like the brush, but I don't hate it either. It's one of those rubber brushes with a lot of spines on it, which are usually pretty good at grabbing every lash. It does feel flimsy and bendy, but hey, it gets the job done. I've worn it for several long days in a row, and it has held up nice every time. I only experienced minimal flaking, which given how much I like the other qualities of the mascara I think I can overlook. I'll definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Usually I can stick it out with POS mascaras, but this one is going in the trash. Flakes, flakes, flakes. Disgusting.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by WeScarYourMind

I figured I would give this mascara a try because it was a new product and I was in need of a new one. At first, I loved the mascara although it was a bit liquidy. After having it for about a month, all it does is put black chunks on my eyelashes rather than accentuating them. A bit disappointing.