October 23, 2014 | 1293 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Marlena0619

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that this was a last minute buy after I was invited to a Chanel event. The make up artist showed me that a little goes a long way by putting a quarter size amount on her hand and only needing half that amount for a nice, blended coverage. For me, I noticed if you apply a good primer, it goes on smooth and lasts all day with the help of a powder, of course. All you need is a small amount to get a natural, dewey finish that will make you look youthful with great coverage. I have an oily t-zone and am highly allegeric to many store make-up brands, ( I get itchy bumps on the side of my face) but i use Chanel skincare and the foundation without irritation or break outs.
I also like the fact that it is plastic bc its portable, "ding resistent" and blended with my skin-tone perfectly. ( I am a mixed race so its sometimes difficult to find a foundation that matches my skintone). It's a $45 investment that I think is worth the buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by PinkySangria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation, easily applicable with fingers, and smoothes right into the skin. It brightens the skin without creating a sheen or leaving glitter all over the face.

I have noticed it oxidizes a bit (at least on my skin, I know not everyone has had that trouble), and so I intend to pick up a shade lighter as well so that I can blend them to create the perfect color.

Lightweight, lasts the day, and really gives a fresh, healthy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Chanel Vitalumiere before. This Vitalumiere Aqua version is much better! the regular vitalumiere version is very hydrating but to be honest a little too hydrating. it gives my face a funny shine! i like dewy finish but it's way too dewy than i wanted. i have normal skin but in the picture with this regular version of vitalumiere i look like i have very oily skin and my whole face is just glowing and shinning. it doesn't last either. if i answer the phone it just comes off right away onto my phone. not to mention your clothes and your companion's. Anyway. about this Aqua version, it's a much improved version. i'm nc 15 and B10 is a good color match for me. it gives a medium coverage and the finish is slightly dewy which I prefer. the lasting power is very good, too, at least 8 hours. maybe not as long lasting as MAC pro-long wear but it doesn't have the mask like finish as the mac prolong wear does. and it's not as drying. although i liked the mac prolong wear, i'm glad i waited on ordering MAC. when i tried the sample of this vitalumiere aqua, i ordered it right away! my new HG
update: after been using it for some time, i feel the coverage is more like light to medium. i don't have any major skin issues except dark circle. i just use some concealer before putting this on and the finish is very natural and it evens out the skin tone. i do feel this may not have enough coverage for those who have more blemishes or other skin concern. it doesn't cover everything like some medium to heavy coverage foundation does and it may look cakey if one tries to layer it. so it's probably only good for those who have nice skin to begin with and it makes your skin look even better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most perfect foundation I have ever used. I can't even begin to describe its gorgeous texture--neither glowy nor matte, maybe a little of each and just perfect. I get good fast medium coverage by just using my fingers and then evening it out with a brush. I tried applying with a BB sponge, and way too much product wound up in the sponge instead of on my face. Coverage is excellent. I can't see pores anymore, even in a magnifying mirror. Staying power blows me away--all day with no need for any kind of setting powder or touchup later. My skin is normal/dry. Former HGs were Armani and Laura Mercier, but this is measurably better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Me - Asian NC25-30, combo skin, acne scarring. Using B30.

Very light feeling, but med coverage, buildable. Colour great for asian skins - I was worried it would not be yellow enough but it works. Perhaps theres some truth in the self-adjusting colour claims (though being a chemical engineer I am programmed to ignore those sorts of statements).
A matte finish which seems to stay true to colour. I did not notice a lot of oxidation. I am impressed so far.
The packaging is practical and it is essential to give a good shake before application.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm glad I just got a sample of this to try because I definitely won't be buying it. When I first put it on, I loved it. It is very sheer and natural looking. Plus, the shade I have B20 matched my skin perfectly. So, initially, I was sold on it. However, within 1 hour, my skin started feeling very tight and it never feels like that. It was like this foundation was sucking all the moisture out of my skin. After I read some of the reviews on here, I realize this has also happened to others. I think this foundation would be much better for someone with very oily skin because it seems to have oil-control properties. However, if you have normal, combo skin, it probably will be too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Where to begin?! I have been in search of my HG foundation since the beginning of time. I would always come so close. MAC's Studio Sculpt was awesome, but it made my face cakey by the end of a long work day. Lancome's Teint Miracle was great too, but the color selection didn't suit my shade. Enter Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua. I had used Mat Lumiere for a while but it caked and oxidized like no other. Also not a fan of the glass bottle. So when I heard everyone raving about Chanel's newest foundation, I had to check it out for myself. The wonderful SA applied it with a regular foundation brush and no lies I was astounded when I looked in the mirror. It looked like my skin, but without the redness and few freckles I have. No foundation has ever looked so natural on me. I bought it immediately, but in the back of my mind I still thought it was too good to be true. I have been wearing it for 2 weeks now and I can fully attest to how awesome this product is. It doesn't break me out, doesn't oxidize, doesn't come off halfway throughout the day and doesn't make my skin look like a mask.

For reference, I am NC25-30 and I have this foundation in BR30. I put this on at 6:30 am yesterday, went to work for 8 hours then went to the gym. My skin looked as fresh and as radiant as it had the morning I put it on. I couldn't believe it. I have tried applying this with my fingers like the bottle said, but I think stippling gave me the best effect. I just set it with MAC's Prep+Prime Powder and sprayed a little of Urban Decay's All Nighter in the morning and it legit stayed put for over 12 hours. Also remember to shake the bottle well!

So excited for the summer to be able to use such a light weight foundation. Def give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am truly loving this latest foundation by Chanel. To preface a little: I already own Pro Lumiere, in the lightest shade, which I've worn during special events in the Spring/Summer. And, while PL is a great foundation and wears well, it's a smidge too dark, and too matte for me personally (which, in fairness, is what it is intended to be). Whereas, Vitalumiere Aqua SPF15 (30 mls) is intended to be lightweight and to promote radiance. By extension, it is supposed to promote a 'second skin' effect, by naturally concealing skin imperfections and evening out skin tone. I have this in one of the lighter shades-B10: Beige Pastel. I purchased this from Chanel's official website, so I was really taking a leap of faith where their slightly limited color selection was concerned. Surprisingly, this is a good match for me. Glides on with finger application effortlessly. In addition, the lighter, plastic packaging is sturdy, but also makes it much more portable in warmer months. Mine also came with a drawstring carry pouch with the Chanel logo on it. True to Chanel's guidance, you must shake the bottle, prior to application. Contains Lotus Water and Brown Seaweed Extract for their toning properties. Also has a mineral screen and a UVB filter (to specifically protect against rays that burn).Contains silica. Has a 12 month expiry from time of opening. Made in France. Another feature of this foundation is that it has a fresh, floral fragrance- not unlike 'Coco', which I personally don't find bothersome, but some may. The shade is what I'd call a 'neutral'-with no pink tone to it, and not too on the orange side of the spectrum. For me, this product wears well: approximately six hours on my NC complexion without any touchups whatsoever, which I consider to be a great advantage. That said, I don't live in a particularly warm nor humid climate, even in Summer, so I can only speak to coastal conditions, and a temperature-controlled work environment. So far, I haven't noticed it transferring on to any of my white clothing, either-another plus. A very sweet, indulgent purchase that is as close to an exact performer and match as I was looking for. A highlight of my Spring!. Well worth a try if you are looking for more of a minimalist approach to your foundation, imo.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have slightly dry and flaky acne prone skin. This does pick up flakiness though, so make sure to moisturise well before hand. This is oil-free and water based.

I use this as a concealer instead of a foundation and this works really well, and really looks like skin. I only put it over my red discolouration and areas where I tend to get redness (under the nose). The coverage is light to medium, build-able. I use my fingers to put it on.

It feels like I'm wearing nothing on my skin, very light. This is super amazing cos I live in very hot and humid weather, like 90-100% humidity every day and around 30degrees Celsius. I don't even put powder over it and this stays put after 10 hrs without air-conditioning. This is also transfer resistant. I can talk on the phone for 20min and nothing gets onto the screen. It lets my skin breathe and hasn't really broken me out.

I've tried the teint innocence liquid that is supposedly similar to this, and I like this a lot more. This dries more powdery and natural, and doesn't need powder while teint innocence definitely needs powder. However, the number 20 for VA is significantly darker than 20 for teint innocence liquid, so watch out for that.

I actually like this better than Lancome Teint Miracle. It has better coverage than the Lancome, and the finish is a bit more powdery than Lancome.

Bottom line: Go get a colour match and a sample of this! If your skin doesn't break out and you can get a perfect match, or if you don't mind getting 2 and mixing, BUY IT!!

UPDATE: This broke me out. I couldn't figure out why my skin was being such a bitch even though I didn't change anything in my routine. Then I went a few weeks without this foundation, and my skin got a lot better. It also sort of disappears after a long day, it fades so much that I feel like there's no coverage at all! And I don't even have particularly oily skin.

I had much better luck with the Teint Innocence Liquid (RIP). Chanel keep discontinuing its best products!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by deangelisv404

I really wanted to like this foundation. Let me start out by saying that it gives the most beautiful and natural finish of any foundation I have ever used. It doesn't have a ton of coverage though, I would say more on the light side of light-medium coverage. The problem I had with this foundation however, is that even though it is supposed to be noncomedogenic, my skin does seem to be reacting to it. The first day I used it I had a large pimple on my chin by the end of the day. I thought that it couldn't have been the foundation though because it's not supposed to break you out! I waited a few days in between and then tried it out again...by the end of the second day I had 3 additional small blemishes on my face (thank goodness they are small!). I do have pretty sensitive skin, so I'm guessing that is playing a role here. It is a beautiful foundation, as long as it works for your skin.
UPDATE: After several months, I decided to give this foundation another shot. When I initially tried it several months ago, I also changed my skincare routine around the same time, which I think was causing the problem I was having before. After researching every ingredient, and determining that there is nothing in this foundation that should make me break out, I starting wearing it again. I am SO GLAD I did! I love it. Blemishes that I already had on my face before making the switch have been clearing up much faster since I started using it. It's perfect!