September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am truly loving this latest foundation by Chanel. To preface a little: I already own Pro Lumiere, in the lightest shade, which I've worn during special events in the Spring/Summer. And, while PL is a great foundation and wears well, it's a smidge too dark, and too matte for me personally (which, in fairness, is what it is intended to be). Whereas, Vitalumiere Aqua SPF15 (30 mls) is intended to be lightweight and to promote radiance. By extension, it is supposed to promote a 'second skin' effect, by naturally concealing skin imperfections and evening out skin tone. I have this in one of the lighter shades-B10: Beige Pastel. I purchased this from Chanel's official website, so I was really taking a leap of faith where their slightly limited color selection was concerned. Surprisingly, this is a good match for me. Glides on with finger application effortlessly. In addition, the lighter, plastic packaging is sturdy, but also makes it much more portable in warmer months. Mine also came with a drawstring carry pouch with the Chanel logo on it. True to Chanel's guidance, you must shake the bottle, prior to application. Contains Lotus Water and Brown Seaweed Extract for their toning properties. Also has a mineral screen and a UVB filter (to specifically protect against rays that burn).Contains silica. Has a 12 month expiry from time of opening. Made in France. Another feature of this foundation is that it has a fresh, floral fragrance- not unlike 'Coco', which I personally don't find bothersome, but some may. The shade is what I'd call a 'neutral'-with no pink tone to it, and not too on the orange side of the spectrum. For me, this product wears well: approximately six hours on my NC complexion without any touchups whatsoever, which I consider to be a great advantage. That said, I don't live in a particularly warm nor humid climate, even in Summer, so I can only speak to coastal conditions, and a temperature-controlled work environment. So far, I haven't noticed it transferring on to any of my white clothing, either-another plus. A very sweet, indulgent purchase that is as close to an exact performer and match as I was looking for. A highlight of my Spring!. Well worth a try if you are looking for more of a minimalist approach to your foundation, imo.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have slightly dry and flaky acne prone skin. This does pick up flakiness though, so make sure to moisturise well before hand. This is oil-free and water based.

I use this as a concealer instead of a foundation and this works really well, and really looks like skin. I only put it over my red discolouration and areas where I tend to get redness (under the nose). The coverage is light to medium, build-able. I use my fingers to put it on.

It feels like I'm wearing nothing on my skin, very light. This is super amazing cos I live in very hot and humid weather, like 90-100% humidity every day and around 30degrees Celsius. I don't even put powder over it and this stays put after 10 hrs without air-conditioning. This is also transfer resistant. I can talk on the phone for 20min and nothing gets onto the screen. It lets my skin breathe and hasn't really broken me out.

I've tried the teint innocence liquid that is supposedly similar to this, and I like this a lot more. This dries more powdery and natural, and doesn't need powder while teint innocence definitely needs powder. However, the number 20 for VA is significantly darker than 20 for teint innocence liquid, so watch out for that.

I actually like this better than Lancome Teint Miracle. It has better coverage than the Lancome, and the finish is a bit more powdery than Lancome.

Bottom line: Go get a colour match and a sample of this! If your skin doesn't break out and you can get a perfect match, or if you don't mind getting 2 and mixing, BUY IT!!

UPDATE: This broke me out. I couldn't figure out why my skin was being such a bitch even though I didn't change anything in my routine. Then I went a few weeks without this foundation, and my skin got a lot better. It also sort of disappears after a long day, it fades so much that I feel like there's no coverage at all! And I don't even have particularly oily skin.

I had much better luck with the Teint Innocence Liquid (RIP). Chanel keep discontinuing its best products!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by deangelisv404

I really wanted to like this foundation. Let me start out by saying that it gives the most beautiful and natural finish of any foundation I have ever used. It doesn't have a ton of coverage though, I would say more on the light side of light-medium coverage. The problem I had with this foundation however, is that even though it is supposed to be noncomedogenic, my skin does seem to be reacting to it. The first day I used it I had a large pimple on my chin by the end of the day. I thought that it couldn't have been the foundation though because it's not supposed to break you out! I waited a few days in between and then tried it out again...by the end of the second day I had 3 additional small blemishes on my face (thank goodness they are small!). I do have pretty sensitive skin, so I'm guessing that is playing a role here. It is a beautiful foundation, as long as it works for your skin.
UPDATE: After several months, I decided to give this foundation another shot. When I initially tried it several months ago, I also changed my skincare routine around the same time, which I think was causing the problem I was having before. After researching every ingredient, and determining that there is nothing in this foundation that should make me break out, I starting wearing it again. I am SO GLAD I did! I love it. Blemishes that I already had on my face before making the switch have been clearing up much faster since I started using it. It's perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by xxkaykisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this so badly. I have oily, non acne prone skin that needs light to medium coverage, so this was perfect. $45 is not bad for a Chanel foundation, and BR20 was a perfect (I'm talking dead on, looked like my skin) match.
I applied this a few different ways with a few primers. The best way I found was a stippling brush over a silicone primer, but fingers worked too. It looked pretty, but not the amazing second skin-like affect everyone was talking about. It looked average, even a bit cakey, set with powder.
Where this stuff failed was wear. I got oily within an hour and a half, and thats what normally happens with my tinted moisturizers. I had to blot a few times a day, and it transferred, sunk into my pores, and caked up over time. It didn't work 1/2 as well as a Chanel foundation should work for me.
Basically, I feel dumbfounded. Everyone was running around, screaming HG and how amazing this is for oily skin, but this worked only the tiniest bit better than my TMs, which is not a compliment. Maybe my 2-3 samples were all bad, but I got no long-wearing properties, transfer-resistant properties, or oil-control properties from this foundation. It didn't look totally amazing, and couldn't handle an hour or two of wear without coming off! Sad, because BR20 was the best match I've ever had, and it didn't oxidize a smidge.

Wow. I got more samples, stopped using it with a silicone primer, and changed up my skincare routine to be less greasy. This stuff is magic. My skin looks flawless and gorgeous and it is truely a second skin. Lasting power could be better but I wear my makeup 12+ hours a day. Try it with cliniques DDMG, it made a huge difference.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by shibbyy28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail. Makes my blemish-prone/scarred skin look flawless and natural. Thought nothin could be better than the MAT Lumiere but boy was I wrong. Amazing. Smooth. Soft. Gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by asjdfkl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty early review, so I'll change if necessary, but I'm really thinking that this may be my HG. I've been a fan of MUFE F&B for a long time, with two major concerns: it faded out to nothing by the end of the day on my oily skin, and the colors were all too beigey-pink. Enter Vitalumiere, with a comparable light texture, slightly more matte finish that lasts and lasts, and yellow-based shades! Woop! I'm wearing B20 on my NC20 skin. Salesperson wanted to put me in the lightest shade, which I didn't even try. I have the hardest time finding the right shade and I'm pretty convinced that this is it. Happy girl. Except for the damned price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by trishy17

This is my new HG foundation. I have oily skin and after an 8 hour day it hasn't slipped off my face and it doesn't block my pore's at all. I really like the fact is is so light as I hate feeling like my face is covered in makeup. Even though it is light is has great coverage and feels so soft on my skin. The price is a little scary though NZ$ 100 but for such a great foundation totally worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by littlemissk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in love with this foundation! So far, I have tried 3 Chanel foundations - Pro Lumiere, Mat Lumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua. I can honestly say that this is the best one out of the three! The formulation is very light so you don't even feel that you have foundation on your skin. I was also surprised at the pigmentation, as I was expecting it to be very very sheer. It glided on smoothly on my skin and I found that I didn't really need to use that much product to cover my entire face. By the end of the day, I found that it still stayed on my skin beautifully. This lead me to the conclusion that this foundation probably isn't the best one to choose for dry skin since I have very oily skin.

I do have one problem with this foundation though. When you apply it at first, it tends to look a couple of shades lighter than your skin. However, this foundation does oxidize so it gradually got a bit darker than the initial color. Soon enough, the foundation matched my skin tone and it really did make my skin look amazing. I just wish it would look that way the moment I apply it! Nonetheless, I got the shade B30 Beige- Sable (I'm an NC30 for MAC) and it was a good match. If you're hesitant to buy this foundation, you should really ask for some samples first. The sales assistant was kind enough to give me 2 samples of the shades B30 and B40 so that I could try them first.

I hope you found this review helpful! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by BritBrit17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally found something that works beautifully for my teenage oily/acne-prone skin! This foundation glides on effortlessly; it has a very sheer consistency once blended but gives a nice medium coverage. It has a gorgeous finish which is semi-matte (leans toward the matter side) but has surprisingly good staying power. It's water-based, so it removes so easily even though it lasts well on the skin. I don't use foundation every day, as my skin is still young and I don't want to layer makeup over it on a daily basis, but the vitalumiere aqua is truly a great everyday foundation for people who are young and have slightly oily skin. It is so lightweight! The packaging is very convenient, plastic so it's easy to carry in your bag. Just remember to take the cap off, place a sponge or a (clean) finger over the opening and shake the bottle before you apply the foundation! It's an expensive product ($45) but it's a worthy investment. People spend hundreds of dollars trying on a bunch of different foundations; in my opinion it's better to find a high-quality foundation that works for you and stick to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly enough this foundation didn't work for me. And I'm quite surprised to be honest cuz I adore all the other chanel foundations. This is the only chanel foundation that comes in a simple plastic bottle still looks cute and elegant but I prefer the classic glass packaging. The texture is very watery and you need to give it a really good shake before you use it. glides and spreads on the skin amazing and effortless giving a natural matte finish. The coverage surprisingly is very good this is definitely a medium coverage foundation and its definitely buildable so its quite easy to achieve full coverage which I like a lot. The staying power is good I've seen better to be honest but it certainly has good staying power. Wears very comfortable and feels like nothing on the skin .The problem I had using this was that tends to set into fine lines and cracks after a few hours and that for me is a deal breaker. The other problem I had with it was that its not moisturizing enough and its not mattefying enough either I don't know exactly how to explain it all I'm trying is if you don't have normal skin then I'm not sure if that foundation is gonna work for you . My skin is on the dryer sight and I could use a little bit moisture and I'm not getting it from this foundation. On the other hand if your skin is oily then probably this foundation probably would not be the best choice for you I'd say that if you have normal or slightly dry or slightly oily skin then this may be good for you