MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 12/4/2010 1:47:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I have super oily super difficult skin. All the foundations I have tried in the past either melt away within an hour or two or end up all flaky and gross within a few hours.
With this foundation I have to touch up only once though out the day (I work 9-12 hour days) which is amazing because with any other foundation I have to be constantly touching up because my skin is so oily that I'm always shiny. I stays put all day, which is amazing since no other foundation has lasted longer than three hours on me.
I'm also very impressed with the pro longwear concealer. My face tends to be very red and the concealer and foundation really cover all the redness and just leaves me with great looking skin.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging, I don't really like glass containers but really I don't care when the product is so amazing.
I will definitely be re-purchasing this foundation. This is my HG foundation.
For girls with oily problematic skin I definitely recommend you try this one out.

EDIT: so after using this foundation everyday for work I started to break out.... So that's another fail... I had such high hopes and was so excited to have a foundation that lasts all day and keeps me matte... I'm so sad it makes me break out because it really does look great on my skin... I'm giving it a one because there's no point to having a product that looks great and lasts all day if it breaks me out :(

on 12/4/2010 11:36:00 AM

i swapped to using pro longwear after using studio fix fluid for months and months. it's a light to medium coverage foundation, leaning on more of the medium side, described by mac as having a 'natural' finish. the finish of it is lovely, it's slightly glowy looking but not at all dewy.
the wear of it is lovely, it stays on all day well and holds up in warm and cooler conditions. it doesn't make me break out or dry my skin out, and it seems to control shine for me as well.
the colours however are a little off. i wear nc40 in sff, but nc35 in pro longwear. the nc40 in plw was not as yellow toned as the sff, but nc35 provided a better match. 40 dried slightly orange/beige. i would recommend going to mac to be colourmatched with this one as ordinary colours are not the same.
i think it will be a permanent swap from sff to plw for me, i prefer the formula and how it looks. there's also a plus of the bottle coming with a pump. it is different to other long wearing foundations on the market such as estee lauder doublewear as it's not as heavy, and with a wide range of shades.

on 12/2/2010 8:42:00 PM

I was really bummed about this product. At first I thought I had finally found my HG foundation. It has amazing coverage, it stays put, looks and feels close to natural (not completly because this is a full coverage foundation), and even the packaging was pretty good. I never traveled with this, but if I had I would have wanted a better way to secure the top. Basically this foundation was "the one" until after about 4 days of wearing it I noticed my skin was getting really dry and breaking out in dry flaky spots. It took me over a week to get my skin back to normal after I stopped using this. I was really shocked it dried me out because I'm combo/oily, but wow....I think this foundation is probably best for those who have very oily complexions. I said I wouldn't repurchase, but I may be tempted to next summer when I get more oily.

on 12/2/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't care too much for this foundation. The coverage is light to medium at the most, which I would prefer at least a solid medium because you always can sheer it down and you get more for your money. It evened out my skin tone but was pretty drying and up close it enhances the dryness in my skin. I have oily skin with dryness on the surface from acne treatments but if your skin isn't dry and need only light to med coverage this would be nice.

on 12/2/2010 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Thank you MAC! you have really come through with this product!!! My HG foundation, I have finally found a HG foundation! Great packaging with the pump first of all, the staying power, the lightweight formula and the non greasy feel of this foundation make it amazing! It blends easily and it works well with a loose setting powder. When I first start using a foundation, it is usually good for a week or two and then it disappoints me. This product has been going strong since the DAY it came out! Through high heat and humidity to dry and cool weather it keeps on enduring! I'm so happy this product is permanent and MAC is the company that came out with this.

on 12/1/2010 3:11:00 PM

I had generally been a MMU girl simply because of how easy it is to buff it on and go, but I found that most were making me very oily, so I decided to switch back to liquid. I got this foundation the weekend it launched...guess it has been a few months now...and I absolutely love it. It makes my skin so flawless and smooth, and it really lasts all day. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush I got at Target, and it looks amazing. I have pretty good skin, but i have some melasma on my forehead, and this covers it without looking cakey. I wore it on my wedding day, and it helped keep my oil at bay, which was my biggest concern. I think oily gals will especially love this foundation. My only complaint is that the nozzle gets a little clumpy sometimes, but it's not a huge problem.

on 11/30/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wear this everyday to work, and I get so many compliments on how my skin looks. I love it!

on 11/29/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation so far. However it is because my skin is in fairly good condition (no acne or bumps so far). I do have old acne scars but not a lot so if you want more coverage, try estee lauder double wear (i love the coverage but it broke me out every time). With that said, i like Pro longwear a lot. You can build up the coverage and use it with a good concealer.
I applied a tiny bit of Matt primer first. Then apply this foundation with my finger and set with the mineralized powder. It gives me a matte yet natural finish just how i like it and it stays matte for a long long time. (just notice i used all Mac products). It looks really beautiful.
My shade is NC 35 (a lil tiny bit light to me but the powder i have is dark so it is a perfect combo). It also feels light on my skin like i'm not wearing foundation.
Overall i think i might have found my perfect primer-foundation combo. I'll use it more to see if it's gonna break me out or not. finger crossed.
I think i'll ditch my MUFE HD for now.

on 11/28/2010 10:26:00 PM

Unfortunetly I had my hopes up with all the good reviews on this one but I am personally unimpressed because: 1. Felt very heavy and 'greasier' than any other MAC foundation..I found that an hour later my face was very oily even with powder..given that I do have oilier skin this may not be so bad for those with dry skin. 2. Didn't like the shade NW20 that I norrmally wear..was more orange than SFF and Select. 3.Hard to remove and my skin was noticely more borken out at end of day. It's not the worst foundation I've ever tried it..it does well to cover flaws and has a fairly even finish but I certainly wouldn't go out and buy it

on 11/28/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Prolongwear has a similiar consistency to SFF but isn't as heavy or cakey. It dries fairly fast so work quickly and in sections for a flawless finish. It has moderate to medium coverage initially but can be built up for a more opaque look. The color range is different from other MAC foundations (it's a bit orangey) so be sure to go to a store or counter to get matched. It controls shine for up to 8 hours without blotting. It delivers a smooth finish and won't transfer onto clothes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials