MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 1/11/2011 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is my first ever MAC foundation and I'm really impressed! Cost a fair bit here in Oz ($52?) but I believe it's worth the money.

My shade (NW20) is perfect, it blends perfectly and it stays on FOREVER. Takes a little elbow grease to get it all off actually!

The pump is a great idea and doesn't disperse too much product.

The finish is wonderful too, not full on dewy or matte, it's somewhere in between. Can feel a bit 'sticky' to the touch but once set with powder (I use MSFN) it's fine.

I recommend it :)

on 1/10/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a really beautiful foundation. It blends flawlessly, has great coverage, is decent enough for dry skin, but it is comparable to another foundation I've tried: Revlon Colorstay. My only gripe about that one is the formula for dry skin runs a little darker in the fairer shades than the formula for oily skin! Therefore, there is not quite a right match for me. I thought that this might be a match but the NC15 is DARK and because it has under tones closer to PEACH than to YELLOW, it looks a bit orange on my golden yellow under tones. It's really too bad because this formula does last all day and looks very smooth.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm actually really in love with this foundation. I've never been so in love with the texture of a foundation as this! When it comes out of the pump, it's a bit on the thicker side (nothing abnormal though, just kinda thick). When I don't have a primer on it's a little hard to get on evenly with a regular foundation brush (might be better with a stippling brush, but God knows where mine is). With a primer on, it glides on beautifully and it gives this incredibly smooth texture, fills in fine lines and doesn't settle into my pores. It has medium coverage so I need to use concealer on my problem spots. Once I have it on with my Studio Finish concealer, utter perfection! Definitely one of my favorite foundations I've bought in a long time.

on 1/9/2011 7:03:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation right now! It took a couple tries to get the right shade, but I've found that NC 15 is perfect for me :) I've actually found that NC 15 is the absolute perfect match for my skin, and I'll definatly be buying this again. This stuff is sooooo long wearing, no matter how hot or chilly it gets here in sunny california this stuff stays on ALL day. Just a quick dusting of MAC's prep and prime finishing powder gives me an airbrushed look that last and last. I really like the light to medium coverage as well, it gives me just enough coverage without looking cakey or unnatural. In my humble opinion, I think that based on the consistency and long wear this is the best foundation they've come out with.

on 1/8/2011 6:39:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, I do like this foundation quite a lot, but I just don't feel it quite matches up to my HG which is Studio Fix Fluid.
Pros
- Don't have to pay for a pump as you would with Studio Fix
- Doesn't feel heavy on the skin
- Doesn't look cakey on application or for a few hours
- Lasts a long time
- Doesn't highlight dryness in my skin

Cons
- Looks really cakey on my skin at the end of a night out; makes my skin look old and i'm only 17!
- Don't feel theyre a correct colour match; run a little darker and peachier. Certainly is the case with my NC15
- Not quite as full coverage as I like

on 1/6/2011 6:51:00 AM

I love this new foundation by MAC! It is excellent, long wearing coverage, and the best part is that it has a semi-matte, dewy finish (it's not completely matte,
But don't let the color shade in the bottles fool you! You must test them! I first noticed that the shade selection seem slightly different compared to the other formulas (in the bottles) NC42 appeared very yellow and NC40 too light for my skin just by looking at them.
I am almost always NC40/NC42 depending on my tan! I tested by puting NW35 on the left side of my face and NC40 mixed with NC42 on the right....And even though the NC42 looks very yellow in the bottle, it's just the undertones, but it blends to a shade for very olive skin tones. I decided to go with the NW35, only because it was slightly warmer and blends well with tan or self tanned skin

But all 3 shades lovely. Great work MAC. I highly recommend this product, and I have tried them all!

on 1/5/2011 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is the best MAC foundation I've tried for longwear. It looks good for atleast 12h with no touch up on me wich is really good. I'm NW15 and it matches really nicely. However I did not buy this. I was choosing between this and Clarins Everlasting and Clarins won. Despite that I can't tell wich I prefer to be honest. Get samples and try for yourself!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my HG foundation. It gives me good coverage and when I need even more I can just build it up. It is the best long wear foundation I have tried so far; It stays put even after my (occasionally) long party nights hehe. You need to try it even if you don't like MAC foundations; it will change your mind!

on 1/4/2011 3:01:00 PM

This foundation is definitely HG material. It goes on smoothly and gives medium coverage. It is buildable to almost full coverage, just layering it after the first layer dries and repeat the process until you get the desirable coverage. It gives a beautiful dewy finish. It makes my skin look naturally glowy and healthy. I have big pores and it hides them very well. It is not drying and it does a good job controlling oil. I have combination skin and my skin feels well balanced with this foundation on. It works well in both dry northeast winter weather where I live and southeast humid weather when I traveled there. The most important thing to me is this foundation really lasts and it does not oxidized. Most foundations get a couple shades darker on me after an hour, especially during the summer. I have tried many "long wearing" foundations. They are usually completely gone around my nose and cheek area within 3 hours. This one truly last until I take it off at night. I know some people compare this to Revlon ColorStay but this one is waaaaay better. I found that CS doesn't provide as nice of a coverage and it usually slides off my face in a couple of hours. I tried both CS for dry and oily skin and neither one works too well for me. I am a foundation addict and I have tried many low-end and high-end foundations in all forms known to mankind. This is my everyday go-to foundation since it came out last September. I have been using it everyday and I am still on my first bottle with 1/3 left. I use either a MAC foundation brush, stippling brush or my fingers for application. After this foundation, I usually lightly dust on MUFE HD powder and I look like I have smooth and healthy skin. I will definitely repurchase!!!

on 1/4/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Finally a MAC foundation that I can use! I've never been able to use MAC foundations ... Studio Fix Fluid broke out / irritated my skin like crazy, Select was waaaay too cakey and yellow, Mineralize liquid was just weird and gave me no coverage.... I do like their powders however liquid foundations were always a big fail and I had to keep searching through other brands. Pro Longwear foundation is the one I've been searching for in MUFE HD, Dior Nude, Nars Sheer Glow (which btw has no glow at all!) - and I never thought that I would find my holy grail (HG) foundation in MAC! Pro Longwer gives a smooth satin finish - not too dewey and not matte - it looks like skin. Coverage is medioum - it can be layered and I do on my cheeks. After applying it my skin feels moisturized. Overall, I would recommend this foundation over all MAC ones for sure and probably over most other high-end ones. I know some ppl try to compare it to Revlon CS - yo me it is not really similar to Revlon Colour Stay since CS is a lot more runny and thinner in formula.
*****UPDATE***** I've been using Pro longwear for a few months now and I still love it! It is great for everyday - it stays put through the day in the office and no worries about touch ups. My searh for HG foundation has ended!

Video Reviews & Tutorials