December 18, 2014 | 1634 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by juan54juan

Love this moisturiser on my body, but not on my face. I do use it on my face though. After cleansing and exfoliating, I rub this on my face and then wash it off after a few minutes. It feels so fabulous this way I don't even tone or moisturise afterwards. I don't exfoliate often because my skin is very thin and I think putting the Cetaphil on after exfoliating helps any scratches to heal, if you know what I mean.

It's a very rich moisturiser that makes my skin feel silky, literally, when I wake up in the morning.

The packaging is not the most hygenic but for a rich cream like that I'm not sure how else they can package it...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best rich moisturizer I've ever used. I use on both face and body in winter, and on face and dry patches only on summer nights. Fragrance free formula doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and despite its richness, it absorbs quickly--even more quickly than its cousin, the slightly greasier Cetaphil lotion. Originally, I was going to give packaging 4 lippies instead of 5 because the large tub was difficult to take along while traveling. However, TSA-compliant 3-oz. tubes are now available, which makes this a 5-lippie product for me all around.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by gnat

I've tried this moisturizer several times over the years and I have to waive the white flag - this stuff breaks me out like nothing else does. It's maddening since everyone else seems to have such great experiences with the product and the price is right. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I visited a dermatologist once a few years ago for dry patches on my temples and the diagnosis was eczema and sensitive skin. She gave me a prescription for Elidel and also said that Cetaphil cream would help in a pinch if I didn't have my Elidel with me and highly recommended it as an all-over body cream. I've been using the cream as a body cream but when I started using La Mer a few years ago, the dry patches on my face didn't return so I haven't used it on my face but I doubt I would have any problems if I decided to do so.

I buy the small tubes of Cetaphil which run a little over $8 each. I've read here on p'ville that Costco has ginormous tubs for $10 which is definitely a good deal but I just don't like scooping out creams from tubs!

I will buy this cream forever and hope that I can always find the tubes in stores!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never would have believed I could slather my wretched skin with a thick white cream and not live to regret it but I really can with this product. I have terrible acne issues and this stuff does not cause any problems at all. It's cheap, easy to find and I can use it anywhere on my body. Gotta love that! Unscented too which is very important to me since I tend to be sensitive to fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by nana88

I was recommended this by all the websites about acne and problem skin. I only started using it recently, and I absolutely love it!! Really helps with my dry skin, and just overall, makes my skin happy :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

introduced by my general doctor. didn't like it at the beginning since it has no scent, but after years of playing with cosmetics products, unscented are the better ones. i love the texture, it's hydrated, not greasy, oily at all, won't make your skin shiny, i used it on my face every time i got an allergy for other products. it's clam and works as a rehab for my skin, definitely will buy again. BTW, I've tried the lotion, and the lotion seems more oily (a little bit) I will stick with the cream and also, a jar goes a long way (mine is at least 5 yrs old)

updates: it interacts with a my facial moisturizer (by boots), both of them are banned from my list right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have hypothyroidism and that combined with genetics has given me extremely dry skin. Right now the weather is really dry and that also has contributed to my dry, peeling skin. This cream really gives my skin some relief and helps with the flakies. I use it at night and sometimes in the morning under my sunscreen on particularly bad days. It doesn't prevent the flakes entirely but it helps keep them at bay. With other moisturizers I've tried, I would wake up in the middle of the night and my skin was so dry I couldn't stand it, I had to get up and moisturize again. That doesn't happen so much with this. It's also great for my feet, knees, elbows, pretty much everywhere and it doesn't sting at all. It also doesn't clog my pores and it's moisturizing without being greasy. Plus, a huge tub that lasts forever only costs about $10. Overall it's very good for the price if you need a heavy duty moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 7:35:00 AM More reviews by ashleighrich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

can not live without this product!! I use it on my entire body (including my face at night after I apply RetinA) it is a great vaule and I love that it has no sent! My dermatologist swears by it too!
It is also the only thing after 2 years of trial and error that has helped my 2 year olds Ezcema...we apply 3 times a day and she has been ezcema clear!
We must have at least 4 tubes around the house at any given time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a night moisturizer and during the winter. It has a very thick consistency (hence, cream not lotion), but absorbs very quickly. It is also wonderful as a hand lotion, on your elbows, etc. When I first used it, I didn't like it because I felt that it was too thick, but after using it for a while, I liked it much more. This container lasts forever (I bought the Costco size one and it lasted a year) and I only need a small amount for my whole face.