NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 12/14/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sooo disappointed! Was matched to Deauville, but I felt that was slightly too light for my fair skin, but that wasn't really the problem. Wow, suddenly I had the most gigantic PORES and flakies that turned into SCALES. Even the MUA was taken aback - and this was over the NARS primer! Sheesh. A heavy layer of foundation powder over the top helped a little, but this was a no sale for me. After the hype, my expectations were just too high.

on 12/12/2011 8:27:00 PM

I would say that this product has a nice glow to it. I have an oily t-zone and it sits okay on my face with powder over it. I initally heard of this from lollipop26. I think it covers well, I have a lot of post acne scaring and it does well to cover them all, does not have a cakey finish. I would say it feels slightly heavy on the skin and I believe it doesn't help my break outs. I do realize that I have a few acne pop up if I wear it more than 2 days in a row. I only wear this for special events or nights out and it photographs well. I am still looking for my holy grail foundation.

HG foundation! Love this product! I need alot of coverage for acne scars and redness and this foundation has amazing coverage,lasts for ages and shows up really well in pictures. Normally I wouldnt pay this much for a product but this really is worth it! :)

on 12/7/2011 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for a month now and can truly say Sheer Glow is the best foundation I've ever used. I am a foundation and brush junkie and think I have now found my HG - a really air brushed look and medium coverage and a perfect color match.
I am between NC20 and NC25 - so I got this in 'Ceylan' and it looks exactly like my light yellow toned skin.
The texture is perfect - a perfect satin finish.
My system is to use my Cetaphil spf15 moisturizer on throat and dry areas of my face. Then primer applied with my hands. Then after a minute, I apply the foundation with my Sigma F80 or my Sigma F82 brush [both are ideal]. I then take a Kleenex and gently blot and then use my concealer under the eyes and on my red blotch on the cheek. Then lightly powder with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in 'Light Plus'.
This all led to a first-time happening for me - looking in the mirror hours later in my sunny bedroom and thinking - "wow my skin looks glowing and nice"
Thank you to the posters who led to my trying this terrific product.

on 12/7/2011 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have used both Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte in previous years and had positive results but forgot about them until now. I needed a foundation that was dewy and medium to full coverage because my skin tone is quite uneven and NARS has a pretty good colour range. However, I was less than impressed when I broke out worse than ever- the next day. The foundation also sat on top of my skin and I felt incredibly aware of it and its dryness (no glow) throughout the day. Although the yellow undertone and consistency of the liquid were excellent and not difficult to blend, the formula it seems, was not. Will not repurchase.

on 12/5/2011 10:59:00 PM

I'm amazed at the mix reviews. I absolutely love this foundation. Applied on top of NARS pro primer it looks amazing. It last all day... still looking flawless & fresh. It is quite expensive here in Australia so i purchase mine of kiss & makeup NY saving more than half! Another bonus!

on 12/5/2011 10:23:00 PM

The worst foundation I've ever used. The finish was too cakey and made my skin feel extremely dry, even after using a moisturizer or primer. The worst part of all is it broke me out, BADLY, after 3 days of use. My skin was in great condition until I used
this. I wouldn't recommend this to any one.

on 12/5/2011 1:53:00 AM

I have been using both Nars sheer glow and sheer matt, i quite like sheer glow better. It provide more coverage and buildable. But it doesnt give much coverage on my skin and the color rage doesnt fit my skin perfectly. It always too yellow or red on my skin.

on 12/4/2011 1:19:00 AM

So devastated about this product. After all the reviews, and the recommendations I have to to say I am really disappointed. I have sensitive/dry skin and initially with application it seems fine. Then within seconds all these dry patches appear everywhere! I have tried with primers, bases, and a whole host of different moisturisers. Still the worst and you have to worked incredibly hard to blend it, it is thick, and sticky. Also, found colours are darker than usual, as normally have worn Nars Deauville, but it is so dark in the Sheer Glow. Mont Blanc a better option for pale, dark skin girls.

on 12/3/2011 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to like this foundation so bad. Nars? Love it. Sheer? Sure. Glow? Sounds good. Nars Sheer Glow? Not so great.

I have nice skin but I wear foundation to just even out my coloring. I don't need to cover up acne, or scars, or gigantic pores. I just want my skin, but better. Anyway, this foundation goes on smooth initially but,

1.) It does not last

2.) If you build it, it will be cakey. You will totally see it sitting on your skin

3.) It settles into lines. Not drastically, but I expect better for the price.

4.) I've tried, it with different moisturizers and different primers, different sponges and brushes, but it always goes sliding off my face by noon (i don't even have oily skin.) It just isn't pretty. It actually makes my skin look worse. I feel like it highlights my rifts and valleys.

5.) It adds a ton of color without coverage if that makes sense. Yes, I know it is a sheer foundation but it should COVER something, right?

I never took this back. In fact, I still wear it from time to time and each and every time, I regret putting it on. I don't think this is a terrible foundation but it doesn't work for me. Some people love it. I know some makeup artists that swear by it and I know some that think this is Nars' biggest dud. My advice is to completely test drive this foundation before you buy it, or at least be prepared to take it back.

Video Reviews & Tutorials