August 23, 2014 | 1378 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. The color is perfect for me. it lasts all day and is easy to put on. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I heard and read about a lot of combo/oily girls using this and loving it; they all were skeptical at first because it said "glow" but ended up loving it. Well I went for it and ended up being highly disappointed with the product. When I would start to get oily the foundation changed and looked aweful...worse than anything I've used. The color match was fine and it looked great when first applied but after an hour it was a huge mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by dollface29

I love this foundation,as I deem myself as an ultimate
product junkie I have tried almost everything under the
sun(Smashbox,MAC,Mufe,Giorgio Armani,lorac etc.However I have been most successful with this one.I have pretty even combination skin so I don't need to conceal too much, combo skin And this doesn't dry me out nor make me shiny. I've seen a negative a few negative reviews but if u have crazy oily skin then common sense is that a product that has a word glow might add to your problems. That's just my personal opinion. The only thing that I dislike is that you have to
purchase the pump separately which is a hassle. Btw the color matches me perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by TiffH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation yet! Like many of you, I have been through my fair share of foundations searching for that HG. Well, I don't know if any foundation is perfect but this is the closest to perfect that I've found. I am in the shade Macao that I have to order online since there's not NARS counter near me and Sephora doesn't carry many of the darker shades. I don't mind cause that's how good this foundation is. It's yellow based which is great for me. I can't tell you how many pink based foundations oxidize to orange/red which is not a good look. If you subscribe to Bobbie Brown's makeup philosophy, most skin tones look better and more natural with a yellow tone foundation and I agree. For reference I am in between NC 45-50 in MAC I am pretty oily in my T-Zone and have acne scars that need covering. I use sheer glow as my everyday foundation and normally don't have to go over blemishes with concealer unless I'm going for a really flawless look. The down side to the foundation is not that it doesn't have a pump...what a stupid complaint btw. As long as the product is good who cares how it's packaged geesh!! Anyway, my complaint is the staying power. It starts off FLAWLESS but by the end of my 12 hour shift, it's almost non existent but that is the case with most foundations, with the exception of Estee Lauder DW (also great). On a good note, it doesn't aggravate my acne prone skin. I definitely recommend Sheer Glow and just received my third bottle in the mail :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a normal type skin & I like the finish of this sheer glow foundation. However, I broke out after a week of using it. In addition, it did not last all day.
Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by shlgh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite liquid foundation EVER! I've gone through a lot of foundations to try to find the best coverage for my acne scars, doesn't turn orange, doesn't feel heavy on my skin, and lasts all day. I used MAC religiously for years, but hated that it would turn orange and didn't last long. I was scared to try another foundation because my skin was already comfortable with MAC and my skin is very sensitive so I didn't want my face to breakout. I heard a lot of good things about this, and I'm glad I tried it. My face doesn't feel or look cakey, the coverage is great, and the color is a perfect match. I'm between the shades Barcelona and Syracuse, so I buy both and mix it. Very expensive, but to me- it's worth it. I always have a hard time finding a perfect match ;P I'm an NC40 or NC42, so I usually mixed those colors when I was using MAC. The only downside to this is that it doesn't have a pump. You figure with the high cost of the foundation, it would come with a pump ;p lol but no biggie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so very surprised by this foundation. I got it free from work, and wasn't too keen on it. But hey, it was free. I might as well get some use out of it. I put it on as the rep in my area had told me, with fingers after shaking. I was immediately pleased with the way it melted into my skin, and the tone was perfect in my bathroom light (Siberia). I'm very pale with golden blue undertones, so many foundations turn out very pink on me and are a completely different color than my neck. Even my go to foundation (Cover FX Cream) is a bit too warm. With the yellow base in the Sheer Glow, it blended perfectly on me. Throughout the day, it did fade a bit, but I wore it for 14 hours and still had a significant amount left. Way more than enough to keep me covered without touching it up. I have drier, sensitive skin, so my skin absorbs a lot of foundations, but my chin is oily (only the chin, not the t-zone), and foundations tend to separate there. Not with Sheer Glow. It is definitely my new go-to foundation. I know that some people complain about the bottle, but I find that it's easier than using a pump. If I have a foundation in a pump, I don't always remember to shake it, and you HAVE to shake Sheer Glow. Also, I always use too much. The only complaint that I have about Sheer Glow is that Siberia is a TOUCH too dark for me in sunlight. However, it's water-based, so I just mix in a bit of my MAC Face and Body Foundation in White in, and it's the most perfect match I've ever gotten. I definitely plan on buying this when I run out of the bottle I have. This is one of those products that, when used correctly, is worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In love, obsessed. I have super dry skin and this just looks flawless and when set with my MUFE HD powder, looks so natural. Since I got my Sigma F80 brush a few weeks ago people have been stopping me to tell me my skin looks flawless. (Which is SO false, my skin is actually rather bad) so I know NARS did something right with this. Love, holy grail :) I mix it with a TINY bit of revlon colorstay to neutralize the yellow in the shade I bought and to make it last a bit longer, and it doesn't budge all day or night. Only downside is no pump, STINKS, but you can buy one for $6 at Bergdorfs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by maggieb0523

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is perfect. Buildable coverage . . . can go on sheer as a tinted moisturizer or applied in layers for fuller coverage. I put it on with my finders - dab a dot on the forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and then blend in, as the NARS rep recommended. This foundation stays fresh and true all day. No finishing powder needed. I apply around 6:30 a.m. and occasionally need to use blotting paper around 3:00. It does not feel heavy on my skin - light as air and pretty, pretty, pretty. I wish that it came with a pump - but thats the ony change I would make.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This and MUFE face and body are my favorite two foundations. It does exactly what it advertises--gives my skin a sheer glow. This is medium to full coverage to me, and it lasts all day. Even though I have oily skin this is better than the matte version.
UPDATE: It doesn't work well in the summer unfortunately. It seperates from my skin and has a powdery finish which does not look good on my combo skin. I'll wait till winter again and see if it fares well again or perhaps 1) my bottle is getting old or 2) it's just not working on me anymore