eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.3

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 26oct2011: I just recently depotted my Honeydew one, as I found the scent rather annoying and I was just too curious to see how the ball was installed into the packaging. It turned out to be a piece of plastic holding in the end of the balm, which was melted into the plastic. It's definitely deceiving since I thought it would be like the lid part, where there is a piece of clear plastic protecting the ball-balm. I thought the packaging could be used for something else but it is difficult to clean and the part where the balm is held onto can't be taken off. Bummer. I will most definitely not repurchase these as they are nothing but gimmicks. I am now giving the packaging 1 for not being reusable and changing the overall rating from 2 to 1.

This is a fun lipbalm I bought because I was attracted by its packaging. I bought the honeydew-honeysuckle one and this one. I should've listened to all the reviewers! It feels extremely waxy on my lips and does not moisturize them at all! I tried to make it work by layering another moisturizing balm underneath (Badger's cocoa butter balm or just their regular lipbalm, they are my HG), but I just end up using only that one. I guess this is good if you normally have plump moisturized lips, but I lick my lips frequently and I like to drink a lot of water, all of which makes my lips prone to dryness. I will use this up as I don't like to waste products (I'm still a mere student), but I will most definitely not repurchase this product. I saw some reviewers using this as a cuticle balm and tried that, and to my surprise it actually did something! I have dry body skin so my hands are always in need of moisture and protection, so I massaged some of this in and found that it helped. The only other thing that I appreciate in this balm is the scent, which is rather peachy and uplifting, but other than that, I really do not care for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was so delighted to see eos lip balms at my neighbourhood drug store (it's the first time I've seen them in Canada). I'd always wondered about these "balls" of balm and wanted to try one. So I got Summer Fruit and it's a pleasant enough taste and it's an okay enough lip balm but, to be honest, it's nothing amazing and the shape of the thing is actually a bit awkward compared with traditional "stick" lip balms. I can't imagine what you do when you get to the "equator"....how do you use up the rest (or does it end at the "equator"?) I don't think I'd repurchase this because it's not that special and doesn't seem to have properties that most half-decent lip treatments also have.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have heard SUCH great things about these eos balms so I thought I'd try this Summer Fruit one out. The scent reminds me of the Dragonfruit flavor of the Vitamin Water, and that is about the only upside to this, but this product just isn't moisturizing at all. It disappears within the first hour you apply it, and the amount I've tried to apply to actually feel like it softened my lips was ridiculous! Building up the product only creates a gross waxy feel. Like others have said, the packaging is inconvenient for putting in pockets or small purses. Maybe if they were in stick form? But I think the packaging is what draws us in. For the price, I could find cheaper and much better alternatives.

If you want a lip balm that really works & moisturizes, try the Smith's Rosebud Salve. $6 at any Sephora or Ulta. And if you don't mind having a tint to your balm, then I recommend trying the Palladio tinted lip balm, sold in Sally's Beauty Supply for about $5.
If you have not tried these 2 products, then you don't know what soft lips feel like!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Moisturizes my lips well without the sticky feeling (which is what i hate the most about most lip balms). Everything about this lip balm is just so cute. The package (so cute), the smell (so natural and relaxing), and what I love the most about it is the shape. It's round so the process of putting it on is much faster. I can't stop applying it because I like how when I put it on, I feel like I'm kissing the lip balm. Haha... So cute.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I love the cute little ball the balm comes in, so cute and trendy! The balm itself is pretty soothing on a dry lip and feels great, too. Not waxy or sticky in any way. It also smells very refreshing and sweet. I will continue to buy this product.

I bought two flavors - Strawberry and Honeydew. When I first found out about this, the reviews were really promising. Even some celebrities use them! It smells really good. However, although both flavors have the same ingredients with different scent, the strawberry one was less moisturizing compared to the honeydew version. I have to reapply every two hours or so. The packaging is different (good thing) but inconvenient to bring around especially when using a small bag or when i just want to have it in my pocket. Hence, not going to buy again due to its packaging and its little moisturizing effect.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I heard get things on this lip balm and I am obseesed with chap sticks of any kind. I always need some with me 24/7. So I've tried many. I only have the eos in this kind, so I cannot compare it to another eos brand but for the most part I like it. It is moisturizing but it does feel a bit waxy to me ands takes a while to get the amount on my lips that I want. I personally do not like the smell and taste of this particular flavor, but it's not so bad I can't stand it. I would like to try other flavors and see if I like them. I do find it a bit awkward to use with it being so big, but then I can use it in different ways than just the sticks. I think the packaging is cute, but if I were to stick it in my jean pockets I think it would be very noticable to others and myself. I like the price for the qualty! All in all, I do like this product, it does not beat my favorite Burts bees, but it is a good alternative. I will buy this again.

This little ball of wonderfulness helped me overcome dry lips! ^_^ This product is truly all natural ingredients and keeps your lips moisturized the WHOLE day. Although it tends to get oily sometimes it works way better than any other lip balm. The smell of it is delightful, the packaging is adorable and unique, but the only thing i was not satisfied with was the price. I think three dollars for a lip balm is kind of pricey, but it still works wonders for my lips.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try the Eos Summer Fruit lip balm because a good friend recommended it.

First off, it is very different in shape. It is not like the traditional lip blam stick. This comes in a spherical shape. The pro to this shape is that is easy to apply to the lips. The con to the shape is that if you put the cap in incorrectly it dents the sphere, which is annoying.

I haven't finished this lip balm, but I have a feeling it will last a long time.

It doesn't feel like wax, but it isn't tacky ( like lip gloss). It is available in a lot of stores and there are two (or three) different scents.

As many other reviewers I heard great things about this lip balm but I really did not like it. I can't say I hated it because I did finish it
Pros:
Cheap and easy to find (drugstores, Target etc)
Super cute shape/packaging
Smells yummy like the name describes
Cons:
Feels really waxy (but I think because personally i favor thinner, jelly like balms like Aquaphor)
Does not work on dry or chapped lips (as others say it is more lightweight)
When its almost gone you can't get every last bit because it gets pushed into the bottom of the sphere (hard to explain)
Overall I gave it an average rating because of my personal preferences it didn't work out for me, but could work for others.

Popular Lip Treatments

Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08