July 30, 2014 | 987 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sccs26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. It smells very good, keeps your lips soft and smooth, and the packaging is very unique and cute.

I very hesitant about the fact that it had a fruity smell b/c I'm very sensitive when it somes to smells, but I was very surprised that it was a very subtle fruity scent that smells AMAZING! If you don't like fruity scents, I would not reccomend it. I would go for the minty one that EOS carries b/c it smells just like minty gum.

The packaging is really cute and unique. It comes in this little sphere that looks like a little egg. I thought that was very clever. It is easy to open and close, but will stay secure in your purse.

I think many people misunderstand the way this product and most lip balms in general work. This is meant to keep your lips from getting chapped and dry. If your lips are already chapped or dry, you need to exfoliate your lips first, and then put the product on. If you try to put this on over chapped lips, it will only accentuate the dead skin on your lips and it won't look very nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This sadly didn't work at all for me. My lips need a product thats very moisturizing, or they will chap all day long. I love the packaging, and the smell of the balm, but it just does nothing for me. I layer this on my lips and I never feel like my lips absorb the moisture.. Within minutes... Its gone and my lips are dry again. I literally have to apply it all day long.. And it does a very mediocre job at healing and moisturizing my lips. For those of you that dont suffer from chapped lips everyday... Try it! But it didnt work for me and I will not repurchase or reccommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

Like everyone else, I love the packing on this. The cute little ball (but really, it's more of an egg) is so charming! I bought in the States (I'm Canadian, it's DIFFICULT to find eos at a reasonable price) and I'm in love with it. It doesn't tingle like the Softlips ones do, but this is very nice and keeps my lips from being chapped. This one is ... less easy to apply than the others, but I still like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by curlvaceouscutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought all of these! At first, it didn't moisturize nearly as well as I expected, but I'm also the type who likes to feel like my lips are drowning in product. Over time, I feel like the more you use it, the warmer the balm gets and the more it moisturizes. Weird, I know, but try it. I feel like when I get a new one it SUCKS at moisturizing but once i get past the first cold layer, it works like a dream:) Sheer, natural lips:) They smell great, cute packaging, they don't melt, all organic ingredients, SPF, (so many good things!) and my boyfriend loves the taste:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Csmith88

Love this product, love the price, left my lips nice and moisturized. I used to use soft lips brand but i like eos better because its not sticky! Hopefully they will come out with some tinted versions, that would make it flawless!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by iheartcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

TERRIBLE! Such a cute idea, but executed so poorly. I'm so disappointed. It is NOT moisturizing at all. Within 5 minutes, I couldn't feel the lip balm at all and I was left with even drier lips. The smell of the summer fruit was nice initially, but it started to bother me pretty quickly and it tastes funky. This product has so much potential to be great, but it just does such a bad job.

The only upside it has is the packaging. It's cute, bright and super easy to find in a purse when you're not looking because of it's shape.That's about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by pqle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this product, I really do. After hearing so much great things about it and seeing how cute the packaging was I went on a hunt for some. After stopping by a few drugstore and calling around, I finally got my greedy hands on a couple (summer fruit and honeysuckle). The little sphere was so adorable and I love the scent and taste of the summer fruit one! But that was where the pros stopped. It was not moisturizing at all. After about 10min it dries out my lips even more! I gave the lip balm many chances over the next week but still with the same result. I ended up giving the honeysuckle one to my mom and she loves it! I guess it all depends on your lips but for mine (which are pretty dry), it just causes more dryness. A year later, I decided to give the lip balm another shot with the lemon drop flavor but nothing changed. I'm sure this product works great for some people but sadly not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by selyn3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the BEST! I use this before I put on my lip gloss on and even when I don't. A must have for any makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

What attracted me is the cute packaging. The smell is ok, taste wise neutral. It is however no long lasting, meaning, it does not keep my lips moist for long. I had to reapply often, and at the end of the day, my lips felt strangely dry, not chapped peely dry, but waxy dry, very hard to describe. I also realised that the round shape takes up too much space in my handbag, and it is rather awkard to handle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by pinkie35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the lemon so I wanted to try a different flavor. This has a really artificial, plastic-y smell. The consistency is different from my lemon one too, much waxier and not moisturizing. It doesn't seem to melt into my lips and just leaves a waxy film on them instead. Yuck.