August 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jo2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cute packaging but not very moisturizing at all....have to reapply multiple times. Dr. Perricone's SUPER coconut lip balm is better, although its more expensive!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Finally got my hands on one of these and it's great! Bought this in Summer Fruit since it was organic and chemical SPF free. Goes on smoothly and adds a nice sheen to the lips. This also works great under lipstick and doesn't seem to contribute to feathering. Makes some of my slightly dry lippies apply very smoothly which is a great plus. The flavor is ok and a bit candy ish but not too much. I'm a bit put off by how plastic the balm smells and I hope that the chemicals in the inner clear plastic layer aren't leeching into the product. Also I LOVE the sphere shape as it makes it easy to find in my bag and looks a little modern artsy. Hope they come out with some organic flavors with natural sunscreen as there's no way in heck I'm going to ingest Octinoxate and Oxybenzone that the lemon drop balm contains.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the flavor and it has major shine and shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So when I first go this, I was obsessed! Not only was the packaging super cute, but the product smelled so yummy and was so effective at keeping my super dry lips moisturized! I loved that the balm was firmer than most and not terribly creamy, so I didn't feel like I slathered lard on my lips. It was just the right balance.

However, I really think this product needs to have an expiration date ,and unfortunately that date is way sooner than the time that I would go through the whole thing. After about a month, the balm started smelling foul and the fragrance smelled rotten. Ugh! I couldn't imagine it was going to be very good for my lips anymore either. I had to throw it out :(. So I won't be repurchasing. I now use aquaphor at night and then regular chapstick throughout the day, and while not as trendy and cute as EOS, it does the job w/o me having to worry about it expiring.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an update. For some reason I couldnt see what lips where so dry. Finally I notice that it was the chap stick. It was really good at first,but then it made my lips really dried. OMG I LOVE THIS !!! I bought as a gitft but I kept one of them. I would use chapstick brand. This is way better it softer,smoother and very moisturizing for my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kaberly

This product is for people with slightly chapped lips, the kind that needs just a little bit of moisturizing.

The price is not that great, too high for a drugstore lip balm, but I guess you're paying for the packaging.

The scent at first will smell like plastic, but keep smelling, and you will smell the "fruit" in it.

The packaging is very cute, however, is not skinny like the softlips, which is very discreet.

Do I like this product? Yes! Will I buy it again? No. It is cute, it moisturizes, but not the best.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim b/c of it being popular. I shouldn't have strayed from my Nivea honey & milk lip balm! This stuff smells ok, but it's not nearly as moisturizing as my Nivea. I ended up reapplying this, whereas with my Nivea I very rarely have to do. My grandma like it though..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sccs26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. It smells very good, keeps your lips soft and smooth, and the packaging is very unique and cute.

I very hesitant about the fact that it had a fruity smell b/c I'm very sensitive when it somes to smells, but I was very surprised that it was a very subtle fruity scent that smells AMAZING! If you don't like fruity scents, I would not reccomend it. I would go for the minty one that EOS carries b/c it smells just like minty gum.

The packaging is really cute and unique. It comes in this little sphere that looks like a little egg. I thought that was very clever. It is easy to open and close, but will stay secure in your purse.

I think many people misunderstand the way this product and most lip balms in general work. This is meant to keep your lips from getting chapped and dry. If your lips are already chapped or dry, you need to exfoliate your lips first, and then put the product on. If you try to put this on over chapped lips, it will only accentuate the dead skin on your lips and it won't look very nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This sadly didn't work at all for me. My lips need a product thats very moisturizing, or they will chap all day long. I love the packaging, and the smell of the balm, but it just does nothing for me. I layer this on my lips and I never feel like my lips absorb the moisture.. Within minutes... Its gone and my lips are dry again. I literally have to apply it all day long.. And it does a very mediocre job at healing and moisturizing my lips. For those of you that dont suffer from chapped lips everyday... Try it! But it didnt work for me and I will not repurchase or reccommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

Like everyone else, I love the packing on this. The cute little ball (but really, it's more of an egg) is so charming! I bought in the States (I'm Canadian, it's DIFFICULT to find eos at a reasonable price) and I'm in love with it. It doesn't tingle like the Softlips ones do, but this is very nice and keeps my lips from being chapped. This one is ... less easy to apply than the others, but I still like it.