E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 9/7/2011 12:30:00 AM

I own two of this brush. It's really dense and soft! I use it to apply liquid and mineral foundation which makes the overall results amazing. It's a flat top brush so you can also use it to stipple the foundation for an airbrush effect. For $3 you can't really go wrong.

on 9/6/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this brush! It blends my liquid foundation wonderfully. I also love that it is only $3! This is my go to brush.

Such a dense and soft brush! It's very nice for applying various mediums.

And the price? Blows my mind haha the constantly have sales too whee!

For those who are worrying exactly what it is,

It's basically a flat top kabuki brush with a long handle.

It also uses synthetic fibers, which I find more hygienic.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this brush...I want like 5 more, one for blush (when I want it more dramatic), one for liquid makeup (one for application, one to blend the foundation in), and one for bronzer...this is my HG brush, it doesnt shed, it comes in nice packaging, the hairs are soft, and the hairs are dense enough for a number of uses. Currently I use for blending and powder to set my foundation. I have other versions of this brush and this one is def my fav...and with the price point, even if it wasnt the best, I would still use it more than my others. Actually, I think I am going to buy like 5 more now....ELF has 1.98 shipping!!!! yay!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush
Retail - $3
50% Off for $1.50

PROS
-Inexpensive
-Great for applying liquid foundation and powder
-Soft
-Sleek

CONS
-Barrel to wood tends to become unglued which is annoying
-Takes a while to clean and dry

on 8/28/2011 11:56:00 AM

I use this brush every time I use liquid foundation and it works great. I've never had a problem with shedding and it applies so smoothly and evenly. And for the $3, you really can't get anything better. All of the ELF studio line brushes I have are great and I would definitely repurchase if needed.

on 8/28/2011 5:36:00 AM

This brush works great on powder, foundation, blush and bronzer. It is so densely packed though, that it was always a big problem to clean well. Lately, after about a year, maybe a bit more, it started shedding like CRAZY. It seems like it's falling apart. I have older brushes that have stayed intact after having the same cleaning treatment as I do with this brush, so I think it't the brush, not me. I think I will use it until it works no more but won't buy again.

on 8/27/2011 9:10:00 PM

This is such a great brush, and it's only $3! It's so soft and works perfectly for applying the studio hd powder (or any finishing powder). Feels and looks nicer than many more expensive brand-name brushes. I had another flat top brush similar to this that I had paid $30 for - the elf one is softer, denser, and works better. I used to think I had to buy expensive brushes to get good quality, but after using elf studio brushes now I know that's not true..I can't recommend this wonderful brush enough!

on 8/27/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought one of these after I read the reviews here on Makeup Alley and then decided I needed a backup so I went back for a second. You get a pretty good quality brush for the price ($3) that you pay! I alternate this with my Sigma F80. While I do prefer the F80, this is a good quality brush that I would stock up on just because it's so affordable!

on 8/26/2011 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG powder brush, so soft and provides FULL coverage. I use this with my Bare Minerals foundation. LOVE IT, I bought 3 of them just in case they decide to discontinue it and it is only $3 people!!!!!!

Popular Makeup Brushes