October 25, 2014 | 1801 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by thefitchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil is getting a lot of hype in the mag's this summer. I also read Cindy Crawford's quote in Vogue saying that as she ages, her hair dries out and this prevents that. blahblahblah...picked up the bottle after talking to 2 ppl IRL who have used it. Love it. Little goes a long way. It immediately made my hair smoother and shinier. I got complements from people the next day! My hair is super thick, super wavy, and basically super unmanageable. I previously used Keratase deep cond. treatments but will switch to this.
I rated the packaging a "3" b/c who cares really?! It's in a box and they could've sold it w/o the box and saved some paper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THere is definitely an "art" to using this. It's just argan oil with silicones in it, so I suppose I could just use plain Argan oil. But the "art" is in figuring out HOW MUCH to use. My hair is halfway down my back, but I only require a few drops of this, about the size of a nickel, and I make sure that I distribute it evenly. Had a few stops and starts with it there for a while - I was putting an amount close to the size of a half-dollar, and my hair was a grease pit. Can't do that! Whenever I use this, my hair is uber soft and shiny -- really manageable! Like I can really get a flatiron through it, whereas normally no matter what I use on my hair, the flatiron seems to make a crunching sound as I pull it through my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I finished my first bottle recently and knew that I would be repurchasing a 2nd. However, I thought between bottles it would be smart to use up some of my other highend hair serums and flat iron spray. Uhg! The products I thought worked so well before do not come close to my beloved Moroccanoil. With my other products I could immediately see that my hair was not nearly as soft, they didn't soak in, they just sat on the surface of my hair with an oil-slick sort of false shine. The Moroccanoil actually soaks in and quenches my dry thirsty hair making it silky soft. It gives a healthy natural shine! Moroccan Oil or Argan Oil can't be beat! I use it as my leave-in conditioner and heat protectant. I purchased my 2nd bottle of Moroccanoil in the largest size yesterday.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've been using this Moroccanoil Oil Treament everyday for just over a month now. I'm half way through the bottle. I purchased the small size (1.7fl.oz) It cost $25 at my local beauty supply store. This stuff is expensive but it's well worth the price. I have dry, thirsty, brittle, highlighted blonde hair. I also heat style my hair on a daily basis. I use the moroccanoil as a heat protectant. I apply a small amount before I blow dry and before I use my flat iron. A little goes a long way.

I've tried many flat iron sprays and heat defense serums. However, not only does the Moroccanoil protect my hair from heat styling but it's the only one that has actually improved the texture, shine, luster and overall health of my hair. When I finish this bottle I will definitely be repurchasing the large size.

The only downside to this product is the packaging. I wish that it came with a pump. Instead it's a glass bottle with a regular screw-on cap. It's just not ideal. You risk knocking it over, spilling the expensive oil, possibly even breaking it if it fell on a hard surface. I did accidentally knock over my bottle once but luckily the thick oil is slow moving and I didn't lose any.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have A LOT of very thick, coarse hair and usually need twice the amount of product than the norm...But I use about a quarter's worth of this (sometimes a little more) for the desired shine. I use Moroccan oil after conditioning with Enjoy luxury conditioner and after applying some phytodefrisant...and it's like the miracle combination for my hair. The combination makes my hair look shiny, soft and healthy...for the first time since I was 10 years old lol. Just a warning: When I first tried this, I was not a fan at all, because it felt too oily and weighed down my hair...My hairdresser (who I have been going to for 22 years) was very puzzled...She said that all of her clients who had hair like mine absolutely loved it. We figured out what the problem was: I was used to using a lot of product on my hair b/c of how thick it is. All this said just to warn you: A little goes a very long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by perfmem54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product about a year ago at the recommendation of my stylist. I'm almost thru a bottle now and I LOVE it!!! I will repurchase over and over because it does exactly what it says it will do...not to mention the wonderful smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by msjesshawk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly this is a really good hair product. It's lighter in feel than most of smoothing products and it doesn't weigh the hair down like the other ones do. The price is a little up there but it's worth every penny and it really lasts a long long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Sour

This has got to be the best hair oil ever! Makes my long, thick, highlighted hair super shiny and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is only my first day using this but I'm very impressed so far! Because of some thyroid problems I'm having my normally thick, curly hair has gotten dry, frizzy & unruly. My manicurist turned me on to this stuff and said I have got to try it! So I plunked down the $40 for the bottle and gave it a go this morning. My lovely curls are back and my hair doesn't feel all dry & frizzy. Just a tiny amount does the trick so this bottle should last for a good while. Like other reviewers I wish it came in a different style bottle - squeeze tip perhaps? But I have some little bottles with droppers so I think I'll put some in one of those and use it that way. That way I can fly with it in my carry on also since it will be a smaller container. If my opinion of this product changes I'll update my post.

EDIT: Cannot live without this product. It's HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, I like this. I have been avoiding silicones for years now, but after I bleached and fried my hair terribly this spring, I decided to suck it up and use whatever works... anything to not have to chop off my hair. My hair is long, fine and wavy. This smells sexy. I agree that the packaging leaves something to be desired - it's easy to make a mess and waste product. I love that it comes in a smaller travel size bottle - perfect for the beach. I can use a lot of this and not get greasy or weighed-down. It makes my hair incredibly soft and much easier to style. It's especially good for the beach or pool: I put this in my hair before going in the water, and I come out with much less frizz!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by tahitian11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*UPDATE 10/27/09*: So after using this product for 7 months, I've noticed FAR FEWER split ends than I've ever had, and I heat style every other-day. My strands are much less prone to breakage than before I started using this. As far as a shine enhancer-- I still feel that there are better products out there to enhance shine, however Moroccanoil is the best treatment for healthier hair in the long run. Plus, I still have 75% of the bottle left after 7 months of (every-other-day) use! No need to repurchase for a while =) Upping a lippie.*