Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 10/1/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

*Important to note I have dry, thick, curly, somewhat damaged hair! Hence my hair can take a lot of serums & oils without getting greasy looking*

HOW I USE IT: After I shampoo and condition, I towel dry to get most of the water out, and then I apply it to the end tips and to the roots, and run my fingers through my hair to get a dab of it throughout. Afterwards I usually blow dry and straighten.

THE GOOD: Since I've been using it, my blowouts have all looked sleek and shiny, and have felt supersoft. I like the smell, it's not fake smelling it has a natural scent, in my opinion. Overall I find my hair has looked shiny and healthy since I've been using it. I hear there isn't really a whole lot of the "argan oil" in a bottle (which is the actual oil in the product) but I suppose even a little bit of healthy oils is better than nothing! Another plus is that the bottle is lasting a looong time since I use only a little bit at a time.

THE BAD: You have to pour it straight out of the bottle (no squeeze top!) which can be messy and it's quite easy to pour too much out. It is also pretty pricey for me(I got it for CAD 40$ at Trade Secrets). The bottle is a pretty good size though. It is VERY easy to OD on Moroccan Oil. My hair can take a lot of product, and once or twice I've put too much and hair felt too slick and flat.

THE VERDICT: I like it. I find it's helped my damaged hair; it looks shinier and it feels much softer. The price is a bit high, but a bottle will go a long way, so I feel like it's worth it. The packaging could use improvements, but overall this is a good product that I would recommend, especially for anyone with thick, dry or damaged hair.

on 9/29/2009 9:11:00 PM

This product is amazing!!! Ive been using it for over a year and it has helped me get my damaged highlighted hair back to healthly and shiney again and a little goes a long way so its worth its weight in gold LOL. I will buy this again.

on 9/29/2009 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Let me just say that I am a serum junky!! Tried 'em all!!
This is the Massiah of all things serum!!

The smell is exactly like Ojon's rub out dry cleanser, it's a light powdery nut smell. Very nice. The consistency is like a watered down serum...which really makes it easy to apply evenly! I used like 4 times the amount others are using the first time, and it didn't weigh my hair down at all, it's virtually foolproof IMO.

It has made my waste length fine hair very soft right down to the ends, normally my ends mangle throughout the day because it is so fine but since I started using this, it doesn't happen! I can't stop touching it!! And the shine is unlike anything I've seen, where has this been all my life?! Seriously, it's amazing!!!
It could have come with a screw on dropper though!!!!

on 9/27/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Fitnessnut was kind enough to send me a sample of this (God bless her soul!) I used it on my relaxed colored hair, as well, and after it was fully dried, I rubbed some into my hair - concentrating on the ends - and the ends just drank this stuff up! It left them really smooth and soft and what was left on my hand I just rubbed on and in my hair. Great stuff and definitely NOT greasy at all! Just use lightly or else with a heavy hand you WILL get your hair weighed down. I plan on purchasing the shampoo and conditioner sometime down the line to get the SUPER effect of Morracan Oil.

*UPDATE* I bought the small 0.85 oz bottle of this and used it with the Hydrating Mask and it's MAGIC! I HIGHLY recommend it! I have yet to buy the shampoo & conditioner, only because I have a closetful of shampoos and conditioners and would like to get through those before purchasing others. But, when I get my hair touched up, I use the hydrating mask as a deep conditioner and the oil treatment right before putting curlers in my hair. After the dryer set, I blow dry and flat iron and my hair is like SILK!

*UDATE #2* - The day it's used, my hair is WONDERFUL and the fragrance is sensational! However, I DID notice that the day AFTER my hair felt a bit dry almost on the verge of straw - especially the ends. However, my hair still felt well conditioned and didn't poof up. So, what I did was buy Creme of Nature with Moroccan Oil Hair Moisturizer and this softened my ends perfectl. It smells exactly the same as Moroccanoil so my hair still manages to have that great fragrance!

on 9/24/2009 10:05:00 PM

I have to agree with the raving reviews here. I didn't stumble upon this wonder treatment on MUA but my hair stylist has been using this on my hair for the last year as well as the Morrocan deep conditioner.
I have my hair blown out every Friday at the salon and she uses this whilst my hair is damp and after she finishes her magic with her hair dryer and her Mason Pearson brush. My hair is now gorgeous, and I don't have to wash it, or add more heat until my next Friday appointment. I have never bought this product myself, but if I ever stop going to the salon for upkeep, I will certainly be buying a bottle of this.

on 9/24/2009 9:48:00 PM

Ok so this stuff is awesome and I agree with everyones rave reviews. The only issue with this product I have is that it is expensive, at around $40 for a 3.4 oz bottle. There is an argan oil treatment almost the same called Agadir Argan Oil. I bought a 2 oz bottle at my hair salon for $12 but online it goes for $20..It is a bit cheaper even if you pay $20 for a bottle and IT IS ALMOST THE SAME!! I bought Agadir first but read a ton of great reviews for Moroccan Oil brand so I had to try. It is the same , I personally didnt notice any difference. Smell, texture and the way my hair felt afterwards was the same. Love Argan Oil but will stick to Agadir brand, versus Moroccan Oil as it is a lot easier on the wallet.

on 9/21/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product. My stylist has been doing my hair for years. Recently she couldn't believe how much healthier my hair felt. The only thing I changed was that I started using this product. It really is fantastic. I only need to use a tiny amount and my hair is so soft but completely controllable. Plus, it smells amazing. I've already convinced most of my friends to give it a try and they all love it.

on 9/13/2009 10:02:00 PM

It's true, upon first glance, this product does have the usual silicones, etc...however...there is something magical about how these common ingredients are put together. I live in a climate that often has 100% humidity and nothing, absolutely nothing has helped tame the frizzies as much as Moroccan Oil. I have abundant, wavy, finely-textured, colour-treated hair that is mid-length. It's often hard to tame and comb through, but a nickel-sized amount when damp, and another when dry is all I need. I can even add more without fear of my hair becoming oily. It somehow moisturizes without weighing my hair down. I love this stuff and will gladly pay the $45 for a (very impractical glass) bottle, over and over again.

on 9/11/2009 4:56:00 PM

I originally gave this an incredibly glowing review.It is probably the best serum out there. better than most at reducing frizz puff and dry look. But I've found something far superior at completely eliminating those things--kerastase volumactive mousse. i don't find it particularly volumising but its incredible at making air dried hair look healthy and moisturised. really. no styling necessary.

on 8/30/2009 2:06:00 PM

This oil is getting a lot of hype in the mag's this summer. I also read Cindy Crawford's quote in Vogue saying that as she ages, her hair dries out and this prevents that. blahblahblah...picked up the bottle after talking to 2 ppl IRL who have used it. Love it. Little goes a long way. It immediately made my hair smoother and shinier. I got complements from people the next day! My hair is super thick, super wavy, and basically super unmanageable. I previously used Keratase deep cond. treatments but will switch to this.
I rated the packaging a "3" b/c who cares really?! It's in a box and they could've sold it w/o the box and saved some paper.

Popular Hair Products