December 18, 2014 | 1104 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MsRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with the raving reviews here. I didn't stumble upon this wonder treatment on MUA but my hair stylist has been using this on my hair for the last year as well as the Morrocan deep conditioner.
I have my hair blown out every Friday at the salon and she uses this whilst my hair is damp and after she finishes her magic with her hair dryer and her Mason Pearson brush. My hair is now gorgeous, and I don't have to wash it, or add more heat until my next Friday appointment. I have never bought this product myself, but if I ever stop going to the salon for upkeep, I will certainly be buying a bottle of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Ferret1111

Ok so this stuff is awesome and I agree with everyones rave reviews. The only issue with this product I have is that it is expensive, at around $40 for a 3.4 oz bottle. There is an argan oil treatment almost the same called Agadir Argan Oil. I bought a 2 oz bottle at my hair salon for $12 but online it goes for $20..It is a bit cheaper even if you pay $20 for a bottle and IT IS ALMOST THE SAME!! I bought Agadir first but read a ton of great reviews for Moroccan Oil brand so I had to try. It is the same , I personally didnt notice any difference. Smell, texture and the way my hair felt afterwards was the same. Love Argan Oil but will stick to Agadir brand, versus Moroccan Oil as it is a lot easier on the wallet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by smbender1377

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. My stylist has been doing my hair for years. Recently she couldn't believe how much healthier my hair felt. The only thing I changed was that I started using this product. It really is fantastic. I only need to use a tiny amount and my hair is so soft but completely controllable. Plus, it smells amazing. I've already convinced most of my friends to give it a try and they all love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's true, upon first glance, this product does have the usual silicones, etc...however...there is something magical about how these common ingredients are put together. I live in a climate that often has 100% humidity and nothing, absolutely nothing has helped tame the frizzies as much as Moroccan Oil. I have abundant, wavy, finely-textured, colour-treated hair that is mid-length. It's often hard to tame and comb through, but a nickel-sized amount when damp, and another when dry is all I need. I can even add more without fear of my hair becoming oily. It somehow moisturizes without weighing my hair down. I love this stuff and will gladly pay the $45 for a (very impractical glass) bottle, over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

I originally gave this an incredibly glowing review.It is probably the best serum out there. better than most at reducing frizz puff and dry look. But I've found something far superior at completely eliminating those things--kerastase volumactive mousse. i don't find it particularly volumising but its incredible at making air dried hair look healthy and moisturised. really. no styling necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by thefitchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil is getting a lot of hype in the mag's this summer. I also read Cindy Crawford's quote in Vogue saying that as she ages, her hair dries out and this prevents that. blahblahblah...picked up the bottle after talking to 2 ppl IRL who have used it. Love it. Little goes a long way. It immediately made my hair smoother and shinier. I got complements from people the next day! My hair is super thick, super wavy, and basically super unmanageable. I previously used Keratase deep cond. treatments but will switch to this.
I rated the packaging a "3" b/c who cares really?! It's in a box and they could've sold it w/o the box and saved some paper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THere is definitely an "art" to using this. It's just argan oil with silicones in it, so I suppose I could just use plain Argan oil. But the "art" is in figuring out HOW MUCH to use. My hair is halfway down my back, but I only require a few drops of this, about the size of a nickel, and I make sure that I distribute it evenly. Had a few stops and starts with it there for a while - I was putting an amount close to the size of a half-dollar, and my hair was a grease pit. Can't do that! Whenever I use this, my hair is uber soft and shiny -- really manageable! Like I can really get a flatiron through it, whereas normally no matter what I use on my hair, the flatiron seems to make a crunching sound as I pull it through my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I finished my first bottle recently and knew that I would be repurchasing a 2nd. However, I thought between bottles it would be smart to use up some of my other highend hair serums and flat iron spray. Uhg! The products I thought worked so well before do not come close to my beloved Moroccanoil. With my other products I could immediately see that my hair was not nearly as soft, they didn't soak in, they just sat on the surface of my hair with an oil-slick sort of false shine. The Moroccanoil actually soaks in and quenches my dry thirsty hair making it silky soft. It gives a healthy natural shine! Moroccan Oil or Argan Oil can't be beat! I use it as my leave-in conditioner and heat protectant. I purchased my 2nd bottle of Moroccanoil in the largest size yesterday.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've been using this Moroccanoil Oil Treament everyday for just over a month now. I'm half way through the bottle. I purchased the small size (1.7fl.oz) It cost $25 at my local beauty supply store. This stuff is expensive but it's well worth the price. I have dry, thirsty, brittle, highlighted blonde hair. I also heat style my hair on a daily basis. I use the moroccanoil as a heat protectant. I apply a small amount before I blow dry and before I use my flat iron. A little goes a long way.

I've tried many flat iron sprays and heat defense serums. However, not only does the Moroccanoil protect my hair from heat styling but it's the only one that has actually improved the texture, shine, luster and overall health of my hair. When I finish this bottle I will definitely be repurchasing the large size.

The only downside to this product is the packaging. I wish that it came with a pump. Instead it's a glass bottle with a regular screw-on cap. It's just not ideal. You risk knocking it over, spilling the expensive oil, possibly even breaking it if it fell on a hard surface. I did accidentally knock over my bottle once but luckily the thick oil is slow moving and I didn't lose any.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have A LOT of very thick, coarse hair and usually need twice the amount of product than the norm...But I use about a quarter's worth of this (sometimes a little more) for the desired shine. I use Moroccan oil after conditioning with Enjoy luxury conditioner and after applying some phytodefrisant...and it's like the miracle combination for my hair. The combination makes my hair look shiny, soft and healthy...for the first time since I was 10 years old lol. Just a warning: When I first tried this, I was not a fan at all, because it felt too oily and weighed down my hair...My hairdresser (who I have been going to for 22 years) was very puzzled...She said that all of her clients who had hair like mine absolutely loved it. We figured out what the problem was: I was used to using a lot of product on my hair b/c of how thick it is. All this said just to warn you: A little goes a very long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by perfmem54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product about a year ago at the recommendation of my stylist. I'm almost thru a bottle now and I LOVE it!!! I will repurchase over and over because it does exactly what it says it will do...not to mention the wonderful smell!