September 23, 2014 | 1473 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by ericaleigh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have bought this brand and the Family Dollar Store brand of this cream and both are fantastic.

This is the only cream that makes taking off Revlon Colorstay foundation easily. You can also use this to remove eye makeup and your eyes don't sting, but I still prefer the equate knockoff of neutrogena eye makeup remover for that. It is a fantastic cream and very moisturizing. I just put it on my face, leave it on for 2 minutes. Rub it in circular motions and then wash off with a warm wet washcloth...

Sometimes I follow with washing my face, sometimes I don't. Depends on how lazy I am. But I am hooked and I will never use any other makeup remover ever again. (I can wash my face with a regular cleanser then use this and the amount of makeup that STILL comes off is insane!) It's amazing and the Family Dollar version is identical! Check it out! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to remove makeup. I slather a bit on, hop in the shower, and wipe it off after a few minutes. It removes every bit of makeup (except mascara and eyeshadow because I wear contacts and I'm not putting this near my eyes) and leaves my skin feeling smooth for days. I've used it as a face treatment in the winter (slather on-even my brows!-, use my face steamer, rinse off) and it keeps me from getting flakes around my nose and dry patches on my chin and forhead.

The price is awesome as it doesn't take much, so the jar lasts a long time. The only complaint I have is that it's in a jar and not a tube or pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by parvastella22

I started using this cleanser from all these reviews and they're not kidding! My skin feels fresh and after cleaning with this cream, I noticed a lot less dirt on my cotton pads from my toner. I use it in the shower and the formula's thick enough to leave your skin feeling moist and supple. My skin is brighter, firm, and resilient now. I guess I found my magic jar!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday to get my makeup off (and it really works!), but I don't use it alone. I apply it, and then I use a cotton pad to clean off all my makeup. Then I rinse it off with The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil face wash.

The face wash gets rid of all greasiness, and the cold cream keeps my skin from getting overdried by the face wash. I think they balance each other well...otherwise, I would probably find this too greasy.

Also, as a note, I do not use this to remove eyeliner/mascara...just skin/face makeup and eyeshadow.

WOULD repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by hein0201

This may work for others, but on my super-sensitive, combo skin, it was absolutely wretched. It was very easy to use, but so not worth the minimal effort. Within 2 days of using this, I broke out HORRIBLY. It was so greasy and nasty-feeling... and that was my skin, not the product.

I tried it with just wiping it off. Then wiping it off and using a toner. Nothing worked. It removed my makeup like magic, but the grease-pile that was left on my skin was nasty.

I've since made the connection that anything that includes mineral oil (petroleum, petrolatum, etc.) is not a good thing for MY skin. I know others don't have an issue, so if it works, go for it. For me... not so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ddha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product at a great price. I am 32 and have used Pond's Cold Cream since I started wearing makeup. My mother and grandmother both used it, so when I was younger I just used what was in the house. I have since continued to purchase and use this product because it works great.

To use this, I massage the cream on my face and then wipe it off with a warm washcloth. Sometimes, I use an additional cleanser. Most of the time I do not. I only use this at night to remove makeup.

It breaks down waterproof eye makeup very easily and takes off long-wearing makeup and sunscreen effectively. It leaves my skin soft, but not oily. It leaves my skin feeling clean - but not that squeaky clean feeling you get with some cleaners, which is fine with me. I'm always looking for the next best thing and have tried different oils and oil cleansers, but always come back to Pond's. It is just the easiest to use and takes off long-wearing makeup the best for me.

It hasn't caused skin problems and hasn't left me with clogged pores. My skin has changed quite a bit over the past 20 years that I've used this product. I've lived in different climates - NYC, CA, AZ, and overseas. Due to climate changes from the different places I have lived and age my skin has been oily and upset in the past and is very dry right now. I've used this product during all those times and it remained effective. It's just simple and easy.

I've also purchased the Target and Wal-Mart knock-offs, which are good as well.

Overall Rating - 4. Great simple project.

Price - 1. It's cheap. I think around $5 for the tub, which does last me a decent amount of time - more than a few months. Drug store, Target, and Wal-Mart generics are slightly cheaper. Although, I have noticed Pond's has jacked up their prices recently.

Packaging Quality - 4. It's okay. The cold cream comes in a hard plastic tub with a screw on top. I don't know how sanitary it is to reach into the tub with your fingers each time, but I've never had a problem. I don't get queasy about things like this though. If it bugs you, you could probably scoop it out with a small spoon. I'm not sure if this would work in a pump, due to the consistency.

Would you purchase this product again - Yes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lillovelygrl33

Like many other reviews, I reached for cold cream because my grandmother with great skin uses it! I have reasonably oily/combination skin but since I started using this I have increased skin clarity and fewer blemishes. I dot this all over and rub it in to remove my makeup, wash it off with a warm washcloth then use my normal cleanser to remove the residue. It really takes the makeup off making my skin much cleaner than cleanser alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by chanteuselaur

LOVE IT! I used to use Shu Uemura cleansers, but you know they were designed after cold cream. A friend who's a model's mom used it every night. Makes you think. I used to use it doing theatre as a kid...I am reunited with a classic, and I am really pleased w/ the results so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by threestupiddogs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My grandmother uses this stuff and swears by it. I always avoided it because my skin has always been oily and acne prone. So the weather started warming up and I started breaking out. I immediately turned to my acne washes and benzoyle peroxide lotions, ended up with dry/irritated and scabby looking skin. So I decided to try a different approach and use Ponds Cold Cream. My skin is now softer, smoother and pretty darn clear. I slather it on morning and night. Massage it in a bit and then remove with a baby wipe. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by DonyaStevenson

I have been checking MUA whenever I am looking to try something new to read all of the reviews and feedback on the product. Therefore, after trying Ponds Cold Cream, I felt that I owed it to the other women on MUA to review this product.
This is by far the best product I have ever used on my face. I am 29 years old, with combination skin (oily in my T-zone, but dry on my cheeks) I have tried so many things to control the oil, but I want that clean, fresh feeling too...I have used Proactiv, which worked great at controlling acne, but at this point, that is not my main concern and continuing to use Proactiv only seems to be drying my skin out. Therefore, I was on the search for a new cleanser and decided, after reading many positive reviews on MUA, to try Ponds Cold Cream. I use it on my dry face...I take about a quarter-size worth and rub it all over my face for about 2 min. Then I wash it off with a wash cloth and warm water. Since using this product I have not needed to use a moisturizer, as this product helps my skin maintain the right balance of moisture. I have also noticed that my oily zones are not as oily. This seems to be my HG cleanser. It is balancing out my skin like nothing I have ever used before and it has not broken me out...in fact, my skin looks the best it has since I can remember. At first, I was hesistant because it looks greasy when you are applying it to your skin...but after washing it off, my skin feels so clean and healthy. In fact, my husband has even commented on how soft and clean my skin looks, feels and smells. I love this product and would encourage anyone to try it, even if you are oily, its amazing how after about a week of use, you will hopefully notice a reduction in oil as I have seen. Its very reasonably priced, I don't think that I paid more than $4.00...so its def worth trying at that price. Hope you all end up loving this as much as I do.