April 18, 2014 | 1474 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by TooHot2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had trouble removing my foundation without washing my face twice! After I started using this product I don't do that anymore! I love it! It also leaves my skin so soft!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this NOT as a cleanser, but as a makeup remover. I am currently wearing Revlon Colorstay foundation and I use this at night to take it off. After I tissue off the Pond's, I use my Neutrogena One Step, or sometimes J&J head to toe body wash and reeeeeeaaaaally lather up good and rinse off. I know some of you wipe this cold cream off with a warm wet wash cloth and that works fine for you, but I would break out like crazy. I have to have to have to wash my face after using this to remove my make up. And for that purpose, it's great. :)
UPDATE: I have stopped using this and am now using Dermatologica Pre-Cleanse which is muuuuuuuuuuuch better for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Boogienites2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Ponds Cold Cream for years, but hey have changed the formula. It feels more like water than cold cream. I might as well buy a store brand like CVS and pay less!! Bring back the old formula!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Warning, warning, warning. My MIL has used this for years as her only cleanser. Now her face is covered w/ large bumps. The dermatologist I took her to did a biopsy and found out the bumps are all fat deposits she suspects from using this product (she does not have high cholesterol). The milia follow the exact pattern from her face down her neck of where she swipes this cream. The derm said using this cleanser is the same as rubbing lard on the face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by mmarrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What is up with this? I don't know what happened Ponds seems to have changed their formula it is terrible and does not remove my mascara very easily. It leaves a residue that wreaks havoc with my eyes later. I have to keep looking if I can see through the muck it left on my eye. Trying to look through Vaseline And Ponds cold cream used to be so good .... sniff

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sparkleprincess81

This is perfect for removing makeup, especially the longwearing kind. I've been using Pond's for years to remove makeup and after removing the cream and makeup with a wet washcloth will then soap up with a gentle foaming cleanser to remove the cold cream residue. I was taught by a facialist a long time ago that it's not effective cleansing or good for the skin to remove makeup with soap and water, which by itself doesn't remove all your makeup well and leaves makeup residue behind to clog pores, which I used to have a huge problem with before. I've been doing the cold cream makeup removal plus following that by washing with soap and water for years now and Pond's is a great inexpensive cold cream cleanser. True, it's as old as the hills but it's been around all these years for a reason - it works! Love this stuff and would definitely repurchase. I find that it's easier to remove this from the jar with a small plastic spatula or a tongue depressor instead of sticking my fingers in the jar and by not sticking my fingers in the jar the cold cream stays a lot cleaner and fresher.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by defeated

Just wow. I picked this up so many times years ago when I was enamored with old Hollywood because the concept appealed to me, but always ended up putting it back because of the mineral oil it contained. Not using an oil packed product on oily skin is a no-brainer, right? Now I wish I'd tried it sooner; this stuff is fantastic. I use it about 3 times a week, on my full face makeup days, which happen to be the days I'm required to drive into the office and mingle amongst civilized people. I just put it on, massage it in, then wipe it off with a warm, wet washcloth. It does feel a tad greasy when I'm done, but it's not that bad and the next morning, my skin is incredibly soft and smooth. I annoyed everyone, stopping just short of attacking complete strangers, with my excited, "Look! Look! My big forehead wrinkle is totally gone! Ponds, homies, PONDS!" When I first started using it, I developed a few blemishes on my chin, but I think those were just some of my monthly friends that like to pop up, because if anything, my skin looks clearer than ever now.

The packaging isn't the greatest, since it's the scoop out kind, and end of the day, pre-shower hands aren't the cleanest, even after a wash at the sink, but I can live with that, especially since I bought the smaller sized tubs BOGO at Walgreens. It gets off all of my makeup, except for my UD eyeliners (I bust out the jojoba oil for those), and I don't have to moisturize afterwards, like I do on my sweaty, working outside days when I use a different cleanser. I use it on my neck, too, because it totally plumps up the wrinkle like lines I've had since high school.

Thank you, MUA, because I don't think I ever would have broken down and bought it if I hadn't read the good reviews here. Now my inner Joan Crawford can run free and terrorize the dogs with wire coathangers in the evening.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jmel12

This stuff is great, I luv it. I use it as my makeup remover because most other products tend to leave my skin red and burning afterward, especially around my eyes. I need to use a cleanser after using this to remove the "greasy" buildup feeling. But as a makeup remover its my must!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great as a makeup remover. I would need to use a regular cleanser to remove the cold cream afterwards. However, this cold cream is great to remove Revlon Color Stay Foundation! Just for this purpose, I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It took me quite q while to actually buy this one.....I kept it in mind, but never bought it.
My skin is the perfect combination-type.............Not easy to manage. I use the combination/oily cold cream. It is GREAT. It does not dry out my skin or make it breakout. It took care of the flaky nose/cheeks, and remove dirt and makeup perfectly.
The only thing is the packaging is absolute crap.....I use it in the shower and everytime I get water in it, I cannot get it out without pouring half the bottle down the drain....Happened two times, I was PISSED.
But what counts is the product, so I will definately buy this again and again.