October 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup4sure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just bought the normal to oily skin cetaphil cleanser yesterday, and i am already seeing results!!! i have no new bumps, and my skin in less red. one thing that is going to hard to get used to though is the no lathering of this product. in conjuction with this cleanser i am using nutures cure pills and BP 5% cream, and the new clean and clear SOFT night cream. just one day and i am loving it so far,
EDIT!! this has actually made my skin severly dry.
i just switched to the cetaphil gentle cleansing bar instead and my flakies on my face are gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by steenface

I have combo skin and was using the ProActiv system to help my skin rebalance after switching BC pills. The ProActiv was okay but nothing stellar; I started using the Cetaphil cleanser on a whim and my skin looked 100% better in a few days! It is a bit drying for me but I follow up with my own toner and moisturizer. The smell is a little obnoxious but I like that the soap's not too lathery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

This isn't a terrible cleanser. It is very basic. It removes make-up well, but it can be a bit drying, and I have semi-oily skin. I like the smell though, and the consistency. It lathers a bit, but it's not too foamy. I would -maybe- buy this in the summer, but otherwise it's too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by POLYDACTYLCAT

I discovered this cleanser a few years back and I always come back to it. I have been tempted by other cleansers when they have a new thing- and I always break out. This has always clamed my skin and gotten rid of my acne.

I used to have terrible acne, some of it cystic. This cleanser cleared up my skin to the point O dont wear foundation or powder.

It leaves your skin clean- but not tight, and there is zero residue.

Im not sure if it will take off todays waterproof- longwearing- makeup. but that stuff is only one step away from house paint so I dont use that type of makeup any ways- when I do wear it!

Angie

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by fabulousgirlmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is just ok!! not that good and not that bad either. I have a very oily and really sensitive skin. I've been using this for a month but my skin looks so same as usual. Only i can tell it smells nice and non irratated. That's it. I might try to use Cetaphil bar next time coz has all good reviews so i'm curious how it works.. hehe

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Because my skin has seemed to have gotten so sensitive lately, I tried this cleanser after reading so many positive reviews both here and all around the Internet. I did try the Daily formula for Normal to Oily - not the original Normal to Dry formula - since I also have combination skin.

I used it twice. Both times my face reacted. It stung slightly. Itchy kind of feeling. Face pink/red from irritation. No inflamation however. The product itself didn't leave a film on my face as others have described - or perhaps I just didn't notice. The scent was fine - it didn't bother me and the pump works well to dispense. I had hoped I would like this cleanser as it's around $5 to purchase and apparently has a long strong history.

But I didn't. I won't use it again and I'll be taking it back to get my money back.

Back to my old standby of Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash [that has aloe] for Sensitive Skin - never have a problem with that!! Just had wanted to try other products to test the waters! I should have known better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I decided to try this product because it was suppose to be gentle. I now regret. Every time I washed my face I got this stinging, burning sensation for a few minutes. It was very uncomfortable. After getting the same reaction, I contacted Cetaphil, They asked me some questions about my skincare routine. According to them the cleanser gave me some sensitivity. I now have dry patches on my chin and some sort of discoloration. I have switched to Purpose. And my skin is slowly healing. This is the first time I experienced sensitivity in a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by candyrosepetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! I inadvertently switched from the (overpriced) Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash to the Cetaphil this summer while I was working in Yellowstone this summer. I took a bottle of the Bliss Face Wash out there with me because I thought it was okay at the time(disappointed that the little "beads" were so tiny and didn't do a thing for exfoliating, but that's another review), but ran out of it mid-summer. So I had to buy more face wash while I was out there in the middle of nowhere. I happened to find Cetaphil on a day trip to Cody, WY at their Wal-Mart and I fell in love!!! That has been 9 months ago and I am still in love with Cetaphil, using it every day. My skin has cleared up a lot since I started using it, feels less oily and just overall healthier. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this when my dermatologist recommended it about three months ago. She told me I wouldn't need a separate make-up remover; a blurb on the bottle says the same thing. Not true! This cleanser does a horrible job of removing make-up. I noticed this early on, but I stupidly stuck by my doctor's instructions and refused to use a separate make-up remover, all the while wondering why my new prescription skin care wasn't preventing break outs. I have had very few complection problems since re-introducing Clinique's cleansing balm to my routine. I plan to continue using Cetaphil, but only in conjunction with a separate make up remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

This is a gentle cleanser, like the regluar Cetaphil cleanser but stronger. You must use it with soap and water, and it leaves my skin a little bit 'squeakier' clean than the regular Cetaphil cleanser.

I find this comparable to the Cetaphil gentle bar, with maybe a slight edge to the bar.