April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by soccergirl09560

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly I had no idea what to think of this when I first bought it. I eagerly rushed home to try my new find, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it took off my makeup (even the majority of my waterproof mascara!). I was bewildered by the fact it didn't lather *at all*. That fact took me a while to get used to, but the fact is that it cleans my skin without stripping the oils, and that's all that matters. Ever other cleanser I've bought has made my oily skin tight after washing, but not this one. After washing, my skin feels comfortable when I touch it, and it has helped me get rid of some mild acne. I use this as a cleanser morning and night, and after I put on some acne cream over the areas where I usually break out. Wonderful product! The only other drawback is that the container leaks when traveling, even if you lock the pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by yougotpinked

This stuff is really good. It helps to balance my skin. I doesn't actually treat or prevent breakouts, but it didn't irritate my skin. Every other facial soap I've used leaves behind a film or eczema rashes, but this stuff doesn't do either. It's perfect for when you want to wash away the oil on your face without over drying. I recommend it to people who have combination skin and/or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2007 8:39:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsoursuzy

I started using this over a month ago when I decided to go back to the basics in taking care of my combination skin. I was using all types of cleansers aimed at getting rid of acne that just dried out my skin. All the products just helped give me a lot of cystic acne. I love this cleanser. At first, I hated the smell, but now, I don't even notice it. It's definitely helped to reduce my breakouts. I used to use the sephora makeup remover, but now I use this in place of it. I put 2 pumps on a cotton round and wipe off all the makeup. I usually go through about 2 or 3 cotton rounds. And then I wash my face with some more of the cleanser. I really love how this doesn't make my face tight and dry after cleansing. Once I'm done with this bottle, I'm going to try the one for normal skin and see what the difference is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the fragrance to this cleanser, I think it smells very clean. Its not a miracle cleanser, but it does a good job on oily skin. It cleanses well and its very gentle on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kristen80

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I love the fragrance of this cleanser - I love it when I have a soft scent left on my skin after washing my face.

I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone, and I find that this cleanser is able to remove all my makeup easily. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean, but never tight & "squeaky clean" like others cleansers tend to do. I feel like I'm doing something healthy to my skin, and it hasn't caused me to break out or anything. I'm not sure how this would work in the summer, as I tend to be really oily at that time, but right now we're in the dry winter season and it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by heathermommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The scent is related to the fact that some of the ingredients have a strong smell and they had to add a "masking fragrance".
The hairspray analogy best describes it.
The price is great, but you will need a topical agent to continue your anti-oil slick regimen & pore size reduction battle if you are very oily.
Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser combined with a prescription for Differin has helped for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Recommended to by my dermatologist as a non-irritating cleanser. This is great for times when my skin is misbehaving. Removes makeup, though not mascara or liner. Leaves my skin soft and smooth. Doesn't lather or foam, so those who like a more "active" cleanser may not care for Cetaphil. However, I can depend on this when my skin cannot tolerate anything else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just tried a sample of this and although I liked that it felt like it got my oily skin really clean without stripping or leaving a film (like the regular Cetaphil does), I did not like the strong, baby powdery fragrance, It lingered on my face even after I dried it, and I rinsed thoroughly. It also made the creases of my nose burn, which I've never had happen with any cleanser before. So I'll pass on this one...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

I have very dry, very sensitive, break-out prone skin. This cleanser takes off the makeup, has a lovely and pleasant--but not overpowering--smell, and doesn't strip my skin completely of all its moisture. As the weather is getting colder, however, I feel my skin is getting a bit dry in patches. Not sure if it's my skin or the cleanser, but in the meantime I'll just keep using it. Can't beat the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin does a great job of keeping my skin clean and clear. I do use a makeup remover before washing my face. I want to make sure every last trace of makeup is gone. Cetaphil is cheap and the bottle lasts a long time. After years of searching for my HG cleaner, I've found it with Cetaphil Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin.