July 30, 2014 | 991 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Because my skin has seemed to have gotten so sensitive lately, I tried this cleanser after reading so many positive reviews both here and all around the Internet. I did try the Daily formula for Normal to Oily - not the original Normal to Dry formula - since I also have combination skin.

I used it twice. Both times my face reacted. It stung slightly. Itchy kind of feeling. Face pink/red from irritation. No inflamation however. The product itself didn't leave a film on my face as others have described - or perhaps I just didn't notice. The scent was fine - it didn't bother me and the pump works well to dispense. I had hoped I would like this cleanser as it's around $5 to purchase and apparently has a long strong history.

But I didn't. I won't use it again and I'll be taking it back to get my money back.

Back to my old standby of Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash [that has aloe] for Sensitive Skin - never have a problem with that!! Just had wanted to try other products to test the waters! I should have known better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I decided to try this product because it was suppose to be gentle. I now regret. Every time I washed my face I got this stinging, burning sensation for a few minutes. It was very uncomfortable. After getting the same reaction, I contacted Cetaphil, They asked me some questions about my skincare routine. According to them the cleanser gave me some sensitivity. I now have dry patches on my chin and some sort of discoloration. I have switched to Purpose. And my skin is slowly healing. This is the first time I experienced sensitivity in a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by candyrosepetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! I inadvertently switched from the (overpriced) Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash to the Cetaphil this summer while I was working in Yellowstone this summer. I took a bottle of the Bliss Face Wash out there with me because I thought it was okay at the time(disappointed that the little "beads" were so tiny and didn't do a thing for exfoliating, but that's another review), but ran out of it mid-summer. So I had to buy more face wash while I was out there in the middle of nowhere. I happened to find Cetaphil on a day trip to Cody, WY at their Wal-Mart and I fell in love!!! That has been 9 months ago and I am still in love with Cetaphil, using it every day. My skin has cleared up a lot since I started using it, feels less oily and just overall healthier. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this when my dermatologist recommended it about three months ago. She told me I wouldn't need a separate make-up remover; a blurb on the bottle says the same thing. Not true! This cleanser does a horrible job of removing make-up. I noticed this early on, but I stupidly stuck by my doctor's instructions and refused to use a separate make-up remover, all the while wondering why my new prescription skin care wasn't preventing break outs. I have had very few complection problems since re-introducing Clinique's cleansing balm to my routine. I plan to continue using Cetaphil, but only in conjunction with a separate make up remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

This is a gentle cleanser, like the regluar Cetaphil cleanser but stronger. You must use it with soap and water, and it leaves my skin a little bit 'squeakier' clean than the regular Cetaphil cleanser.

I find this comparable to the Cetaphil gentle bar, with maybe a slight edge to the bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bitsyb89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this cleanser! when i first started using it, my face felt a little bit dry. after about a week of use the dryness went away. i'm so glad i didn't stop using it. the packaging is great. it comes in a large bottle with a pump. i paid about $10 and i think it was well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. Having read all the rave reviews, my hopes were high. But it did nothing good for my oily, acne prone skin; in fact it broke me out even worse! I wanted to try something gentle for my skin for a change (I've always used BP or SA cleansers), but I got nowhere fast with this product. I see a lot of people have had success with this product, but sadly, it's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lilpritch04

I bought this cleanser because my skin care routine suddenly stopped working (although it wasn't working that well to begin with): my skin turned red and my cheeks dried out in the middle of a Minnesota January. I've had my bottle of Cetaphil lotion to use in previous Januarys, but I decided that I would buy the cleanser as well.

I have been using this cleanser (with my usual moisturizers for am/pm and Cetaphil on cheeks) for 10 days now and I will say that my skin has calmed down dramatically and and the redness and flakes have disappeared.

The packaging is fine--one pump covers my face, neck and decolletage in the shower. Because it is a pump, however, it is not ideal for travel and I have decanted into a travel tube for the gym.

My face feels clean after using this gel and it removes makeup OK--if I'm wearing a lot of eye makeup I use a bit extra. I DO NOT wear waterproof makeup, so I cannot speak for how it would do on that. The only thing I've noticed is that my skin needs a bit of exfoliation now beyond my Aveda Exfoliating Toner, which had previously worked with my old skin care routine. Also, I think this product is similar to Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel (which I love!) but definitely has a smaller price point. Dermalogica suds up a bit better, but my skin feels the same after using it.

I'm not sure that I will continue with this cleanser once the weather is above freezing again as my T-zone is still a bit oily and the need for an extra exfoliater, but I would repurchase for winter weather again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this cleanser in the morning when I wake up with a greasy puffy face (sexy, I know). It does a great job of removing the excess oil without drying out my skin. The cleanser comes in an opaque bottle with a pump so the product doesn't oxidize and it stays sanitary.

Despite having caster oil in it, it's not strong enough to remove SPF or makeup (not unless you wash twice or more times, but who has time for that?). I also find the scent to be a little odd, I'm not sure how to describe it, it just smells a little weird. It's not meant to be perfumey, but there is definitely a noticeable scent. But for what it does and the price you pay, the scent can be overlooked.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelysturgeon

I used up about half of a bottle of this cleanser before I was certain that it just wasn't for me. I used it as a morning cleanser because it was not strong enough to remove my Revlon Colorstay foundation at night. (For that I use Pond's Cold Cream-HG!) However, this cleanser caused my skin to burn slightly. I use a Px retinol at night, so I think that might have something to do with the stinging. I just thought that Cetaphil would be gentle enough on my face, but it wasn't. I currently use Aveeno Calming Foaming face wash and I like it much better.