December 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

Okay, this stuff is awesome! I had read reviews about this jojoba oil controlling oil. I've tried everything else to help my shiny nose, so I thought I may as well try this too. IT WORKS! I am amazed that an oil is what stopped my shiny nose. I didn't have to use blotting papers all day long and still no shine. I normally have to blot about an hour or so after I apply my makeup.

On top of getting rid of my shiny nose, this is a great moisturizer as well. I use it at night before bed and in the morning under my makeup. It's also great for use all over the body.

This is definitely an HG product. I feel stupid that I waited this long to try it. I would most definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by chihero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Haha, I'm another one of those people who read these glowing reviews and had to try it! Love it! I have combo skin that is oily in the summer and dry in the winter...and this really works for me. Its not too greasy at all and I love thats its just pure and organic, I don't have to research all the ingredients online because theres only 1! :) Anyway though, if you're skeptical, try it. And especially if you're all about the natural and organic aspect...its wonderful. I will use this forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kimmetje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a sensitive combo skin. I've tried several products and moisturizers but i like to try new things.
I've tried this jojoba oil but sadly it broke me out like hell...
First i tought that my skin had to get used to it but it got worser and worser every day.

For all the ppl that also broke out by using jojoba oil, try olivella moisturizer. It's olive oil instead of jojoba oil all natural and my skin loves it. I clean with Gamila secret (also 100% organic). No break outs anymore but soft, healty and hydrated skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by suiw

This is literally the jack of all trades of beauty essentials every woman must have in their arsenal. It's a wonderful makeup remover, especially eye makeup. It softens and moisturizes skin, it calms irritated skin and redness, it helps to heal blemishes, it moisturizes and tames hair frizzies. It cleans the scalp. You can mix drops in your moisturizer, your shampoo or conditioner, your blemish medicines. I don't know what else to say. I use it daily and I can't speak enough accolades about it. Plus it's very inexpensive and a little goes a long way, so one bottle can last you for literally a couple months depending on how you use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by crmeyers

I would have NEVER tried this product if it wasn't for MUA! I still can't believe that the positive reviews persuaded me to try it. I have very oily skin and it's extremely sensitive. To give you an idea--I am allergic to all foundations that I have tried. I have only found one powder (for now anyway) that seems to work ok--but I can only use it on my nose and nowhere else. I have to use All Free and Clear laundry detergent and run through the rinse cycle twice! Anyway--the point is, is that I am SENSITIVE.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how this stuff works!! I put two drops on my fingertips and rub all over my face. I am not at all joking that when I wake up, I have the smoothest, softest skin. In the morning, I apply only 1 drop and top that off with a bit of CeraVe moisturizer. Sometimes I skip the morning application however. I gotta say, that if you use this at night, before you go to bed, this is the best nighttime treatment that I have ever used! Frequently, I will have little annoying bumps on my forehead when I got to bed. I used to think that I should put some sort of drying product on it--benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.. I have used Differin before too (allergic to that). But, this jojoba oil works so much better than anything drying! I still can't figure out how it works, but it does.

They sell it at Whole Foods for about $8 for a 4 oz bottle. They sell a smaller 2 oz bottle for about a $1 less, which doesn't make sense. It will last me years.

I thought it was a fluke that I woke up with such great skin after using this so I kept on using it figuring that it couldn't possibly last. I have now been using it daily for 3 weeks straight and still love it. I love it so much that I will bring it with me when I travel.

**EDIT 5/28/08 I still LOVE jojoba oil. Love it. I have recently discovered the Suki line of products and my skin is the best it has ever, ever looked. There is a Suki product similar to plain 100% jojoba oil, which I don't think is as good and it is 4 times as expensive! You just can't beat the $7 price tag, and you can't beat the wonders it does for your skin. Thanks again to MUA for turning me on to this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product almost made me cry, as I had such high hopes for it. My skin is sensitive, oily, clogged prone, and acne+blemish prone. I had been looking for a good MU remover, and was hoping that maybe I could incorporate this oil into my morning cleanser as well. At night, I'd put this oil on my dry, MU-covered face, massaged my face until the oil felt like it had mixed well with the layer of MU, then wiped off the oil with warm/moistened cotton pads, followed with a regular cleanser.

The funny thing about jojoba oil is that it had actually helped clear out my acne. It was also a *very good* MU remover. But the most horrible thing about it was that it completely, and entirely, clogged my pores. And jojoba oil also made my skin extremely ITCHY. I had never had a product with that kind of reaction on my skin before, so that was quite alarming.

Two lippies for its acne-clearing, MU-removing elements. I would actually encourage people to try on this product. It seems like jojoba oil is one of those either/or products. Either it could be absolutely bad for you, or an absolute holy grail for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by xrainx0803

I bought the Jojoba oil after reading the comments on MUA. I like the fact that it absorbs quickly after applying, and leaves my skin smooth and soft. I also use it on my hair, umm... didn't see any change... I just had a hair cut 2 months ago... so it's still hard to tell if my hair actually improved. However, the bottle is very annoying. ><

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by xxkamikazexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It depends on your skin...mine did not reaact well to this. I was uding it in combo with tea tree oil, with such high hopes after doing so much research. but JJO does not absorb int my skin(face and body), it just sat on the surface...it was greasy, and it caused breakouts on my face...you should try this is you havent already, it has worked for many, but for a few...such as myself...not so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by sasscass

I've been using jojoba oil for a few months now, and I really like it. I use it as a toner and eye moisturizer. I don't like to wear it by itself as an all over moisturizer because my skin doesn't soak it up very quickly, so I use it with Dessert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer at night and the two products work wonders together. I don't mind my eyes being oily when I go to bed because they are so much drier in comparison to the rest of the face that they need that overnight help to get through the day. When I apply it to my eyes with a cotton ball all my leftover makeup residue comes off too.

This product is pricey, but lasts a really long time. The packaging is actually very good - didn't leak when I took it on long plane rides and easy to dispense just a few drops as needed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by rhurrell

OMG- thanks to MUA (of coarse) i discovered this amazing product..to all the great reviews about this stuff.. it really is a fantastic product...because of this my skin has been looking soo great.. i just picked this up at my local trader joes along with the desert essence Tea tree oil..after i wash my face and use toner at night use about 6 drops of JJ oil and 3 drops of TTO and mix it in my palms together and just rub it all over my face.. it takes a little while to sink in, but when i wake up in the morning my face is soo soft and supple feeling--i also used a little bit and put it in my conditioner (although my hair seems a little bit oiler recently , but i dont know if its due to this) but this is such a great product- i recommend getting a little dropper for it cuz it can get messy if u dont. i even got complimented the other day how my skin looks so glowy.. this def. evens out skin tone, moisterizes and leave skin feeling soo smooth... buy this if u dont already have it!!!!! ur skin will love you for it

UPDATE 5/13: i stopped using this product as a moisturizer, i felt that it was clogging my pores. I still do use this to remove my eye make up and for my cuticles. I still love this product, its a great all around product that can be used for a variety of things! Just did not work out as a moisturizer for my face.