April 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by aidenraine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this jojoba oil primarily when my skin gets chapped. When I get a cold and wind up blowing my nose a lot, the skin on my nose gets really dry and flaky. Putting a little jojoba oil around my nose helps very quickly. It's also good to bathe in when my skin gets itchy, and doesn't require very many drops. This is a high quality jojoba oil and has never given me any breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lb07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am finally reviewing this product after about 1-3 months use. At first i had my doubts about this cause i had a breakout but that could have been from something else. Some ppl have said they brokeout the first week or two so this might be the case with some users of jojoba. Also... I had to put this in a glass bottle w/ dropper cause the original bottle was gettting too messy and too much would come out.

Ok now back to the jojoba oil!! There are many uses... such as face cleanser, eye m/u remover, moisturizer, hair oil, etc. For my face, I would use a few drops to take off eye makeup then cleanse with cetaphil mixed with about a drop or two of jojoba oil. I find doing this keeps my skin from being dried out. This winter has wrecked havoc on my skin!!!! I also started tryin this around my eyes cause i noticed some lines. I would put a drop between my fingers and then rub together to warm up then pat around the eye area gently. It also works great as a facial moisturizer. I wanted to start using more natural products and this one fits the bill. I also noticed that "glow" that everyone is talkin about!! Its like a natural flush/glow that looks very healthy. Another perk from using jojoba!!

For my body here are some ways I have been using it.... a few drops mixed in with body lotion then slather on, my hands have been REALLY dry and cracked in this cold weather so what i would do is moisten my hands with water then add about 3 drops then rub together. My hands are left soft and not at all slick or greasy. Water really helps with the absorption of jojoba oil. Sometimes I would put straight jojoba on my legs after i get out of the shower and im left with soft, silky legs. I would definetly repurchase when i run out!

Here is a suggestion: Buy a glass bottle with dropper. This makes it so much easier to dispense and measure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this oil because of MUA reviews and what they used it for, and I was very curious if it would help my very fizzy, dry hair. So I picked one up at the closest Trader Joe's store and brought it home. I was so excited about this oil hoping that I would finally find something that would moisturize my skin and hair..and you know what? I finally did! This stuff works like a charm! I use this as a day and night moisturizer for my face and around my sensitive eyes and I've noticed that the fine lines around my eyes that I used to notice and worry about when I looked in the mirror have finally disappeared! I know this oil is the one responsible for making my hair feel and look great also! My hair is so manageable, soft, sleek, and shiny that I wished I had bought this oil a long long time ago! For those who want to know how I use this oil this is my way: 1 tsp of oil and mix it in 1/4 cup water..use that to moisturize and clean my face. I use 1 tbsp of oil in 1 bottle of conditioner (I use this on any conditioner, I'm using this now on Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Conditioner). You can also use your fingertip to apply this oil only on dry areas of your face if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin so that you can test your face out first on this product without causing breakouts. Also I recommend using this around the eyes to moisturize it well. This really works! The skin around the eye area is the most sensitive part of the face and so you must take care of it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If your skin has the tendency to break out because it's sensitive, stay away from this product! It will just oil up your face, grease up your pores and your skin will suffer. :( I had little itchy white bumps on my skin for 3 days after using this product. :( Will never use again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I did not buy this brand because I'm in Australia.

I bought a v. small bottle of 100% pure jojoba oil ( pretty steep at $11). And used it to cleanse and moisturize my face.

I have had experience with the Oil CLeansing Method before, except that I used EVOO and Castor oil. I think that clogged my pores because it was too heavy. I have also used DHC Cleansing Oil.

Jojoba oil is very runny and light, and it glides on my skin smoothly. First I steam my face by draping on a damp hot facewasher on my face. Then I cleansed (massaged) my face and I could feel bits coming out of my pores. This happened too with my past OCM experiences but this time I think the bits came out more easily.

Then I rubbed off the oil and the gunk with the facewasher, did this a couple of times to ensure all the dirty oil is washed away. Then I follow with my toner. Generally I don't add anymore to moisturize because a lot of the oil is still left. But if my skin is particularly dry I'll massage a little bit of extra oil in.

2 days in and I think my skin is looking better. I have been using DHC cleansing oil but I think this works better. Also I'm using this in conjunction with the Apple Cider Vinegar toner, so maybe that;s helping as well.

I have known for a long time about the effectiveness of OCM, but I have not found the right oil yet. So maybe jojoba is the right oil for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I have naturally curly hair and when it gets too dry I use this. I also use this out of the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had no acne previously and this made me break out :( I used this at night as a moisturizer for 5 days- I would rub a couple of drops onto my skin after doing the oil cleansing method. I never saw any difference in my skin when I woke up, except for the 6th day when there were these little rough red raised bumps on my nose, which I have never got before in my life, or anything similar. It seems like it's a patch of clogged pores because they won't turn into whiteheads or cystic pimples or anything..just raised bumps and they won't go away :( I also had 4 small pimples, which could be hormonal, but I haven't got any breakouts on my period in months so I don't know.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by imfalling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use jojoba oil as a moisturizer (I don't like waiting for it to sink in), but I do use it to remove my sunblock + impurities at the end of the day. I massage the oil into my face for a few minutes and then I wipe my face with a warm wash cloth. Then I cleanse with a regular facial cleanser. Try it! It's much cheaper than using Dermalogica's Precleanse!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this as a natural moisturizer on my face and it broke me out, duh, lol. I am using it around my eyes and there haven't been any problems to speak of. It works better on my hair than my skin. I wont re-purchase because it's not indispensable. I like coconut and castor oils better for my hair and it's not that great of an eye oil. I'm just trying to use up the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this stuff for everything! Occasionally at night if I have been feeling dry, I put this on before bed and in the morning my face is soft and hydrated. I use it on my hair as a conditioner, body (makes tan skin glow in the summer), cuticles, stubborn eye makeup remover (gets off red lipstick stain!) and sometimes I rub a little into my cheeks for a "dewy" effect instead of blush. It absorbs easily and doesn't clog pores.