July 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by djrevoir

This is hopefully the answer I've been searching for. I have been using it daily for 8 months now. Everything about my skin has improved. I've been using it as my day moisturizer, but just recently started it at night too so far so good. I am pretty liberal with the amount I put on. My skin is combo and prone to zits. I try to be 100% natural with the products that I use but I've had a hard time giving up the zitty meds like strydex pads and benzo cream but I am turning 29 this year and those products will most likely age my skin where as the jojoba oil gives one the sense of nurishment. I get the organic kind off of Vita Costs web site for cheap and the packaging doesn't bother me one bit. I go through a bottle every 2.5 months

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

This is great stuff! I use it for two primary reasons...as a nighttime moisturizer and in my hair. For my skin, I put a bit on after my retinol treatment, and I never have problems with flaking, redness or irritation. My skin looks as good as it did when I was 16. Smooth, clear, soft and toned. Like someone else mentioned, I think this "fools" my skin into thinking it's released enough oil, and I never get greasy anymore. It's miraculous! I also like to work it into my hair and scalp pre-shampoo, as a deep treatment. You can also work a tiny dab into damp or dry hair to smooth down frizz. I don't like it as a makeup remover, as I find it leaves a lot of mascara behind, but it's fab for everything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by suejeanius

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

can't stress enough how much i love jojoba oil!

my acne-prone skin LOVES this stuff.

i've seen so much improvement since i incorporated 100% pure jojoba oil into my skincare routine that i have STOPPED wearing face makeup!

truly an amazing product. i just wish the bottle had a squirt-top 'cause the oil's pretty liquidy/thin and sometimes comes out faster than i'd like.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by mmtt

First many many thanks for all who post their reviews. It was reading through them that I discovered jojoba oil (incidentally from trying the OCM, which was a disaster). I just wanted to report my results from using jojoba oil (NOW 100% pure jojoba oil). I bought four oz. for $7.50 at a fancy organic type store just because I happen to be there and thought they might have something like this. (Usually, I just shop at the regular grocery store, which does carry this). Anyways, this has really helped to clear up my skin and keep it clear!! After washing my face, I put 2-3 drops in my palm, dip a finger in and smear around one eye, repeat again with the other eye, then rub my palms together and pat them on my face. This is also a great light moisturizer. Not enough for really cold dry weather, but if I put a little light moisturizer on top of that, it keeps my skin soft all day AND I'm not shiny like I used to be. I'm so glad I discovered this stuff.
UPDATE: I still use jojoba oil, but not as much as I used to. Althougth it did help to clear up my skin, after a month and a half of using I noticed more clogged pores (not milia, blackheads, or whiteheads, though). So far the benefits still outweigh the pores issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

Love it! I have used this as my night-time moisturizer for ages. It really makes your skin look great -- it works as a pore cleanser since it mimics the skin's natural sebum, and works as a moisturizer in that it smooths & plumps & nourishes. Just a few drops on damp skin does the whole face and neck. It's gentle even to the eye area. It also gets wax off pretty easily when you're doing eyebrows or upper lips at home! For an oil, it's suprisingly ungreasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by jomia23

Love that somethin so simple is so useful and reliable. I add a couple drops to my currrent Jergens body lotion for extra moisturizing. I find that my skin does not break out with this, even on my face. Took someone's advice and applied sparingly to my face after cleansing, then covered my face with a steamed towel. The effect was super soft skin, and there's soemthig calming about steaming the face. Sometimes, I'll use it as a carrier oil and add a couple drops if essential oils such as bergamot, lavender, grapefruit, and clary sage. Feels and smells awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using jojoba oil on my extremely oily/acne prone skin for about 9 months now and I am still in love with it! It is not a miracle cure, but it definitely improves your skin. I no longer have dry flaky patches of skin, the little zits I had all over my nose and forhead are now smooth, and when I wake up in the mornings my face is less greasy than it is when I put nothing on my skin. I really does help to rebalance your skin even if you have oily skin. It might make you break out a little bit the first week or so, but most new things do as your skin adjusts to it. This is a great all-natural skin balancer/moisturizer, in fact it works better than any other moisturizer I've ever tried. Oh, and I've been using the same small bottle of it for nine months and I still have a lot left, so this stuff goes a long way!

UPDATE: My friend recently started using this and she absolutely loves it. We both use it on our kid's when they get little rashes and it takes them away overnight. She even used it on her dog when he had a dry skin problem! Also, I found the big bottle of this at Trader Joe's for only $6.99

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thank you MUA peers for introducing this product. OMG this is one my my HGs now-- I use it for two purposes and it satisfies both.
1) Hair: My hair had been processed and bleached/dyed so that when I used to comb my hair, the teeth would get stuck and I wouldn't be able to brush it all the way through without repeatedly trying to untangle my hair. At first I tried using the J.Oil like a mask in the shower, but I realized that it would clump my hair together the next morning since it would leave a residue. Now, I wait until after I shampoo&condition, get out of the shower and towel dry my hair, and then I put just a dime size in my palm and rub my hands together and gently rub the ends of my hair that are dry. The next morning, my ends are not frazzled like they should be, and I can comb through easily. J.Oil definitely improved the quality of my hair.
2) Skin: I love the way J.Oil doesn't leave a residue or clogs my the skin... I have sensitive/oily skin, and before using this, I would never dare to touch anything else. Now, after I wash my face with cetiphil every night, I will take a dime size in my hands, and get a massage session going on my face with it (so relaxing after a long day of work!), then rinse thoroughly with hot/warm water so that my pores open. Then I use my toner, and instead of using my regular day moisturizer, I apply a thin (note: very very thin) layer of the oil on my skin before I sleep. The next morning, after I wash my face, it is so soft as it absorbed all the oil that it needed. Then I just follow with my regular day moisturizer... and my skin is less oily now, trust me I know b/c I used to use like 10 pieces of the oil absorbing papers per day, and now I can get by with 4 to 5.
All in all, I love this product... price, quality, and performance.. love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

After having a horrible experience with olive oil, and reading wonderful things about jojoba oil, I purchased an 8oz. bottle at the local Whole Foods and I've been in love ever since! I don't know if this is a moisturizer or equalizer (if there is such a thing). My 30-something skin was all over the place and over the past month with jojoba oil, it's positively luminous! My crows feet are disappearing, my T-zone is becoming pretty neutral, my cheeks are no longer dry - AND my acne prone chin is totally clear. In other words, I now have normal skin! I put the oil in a dropper bottle because it would dispense a little too much in the original packaging, but other than that, I'm hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! Where has this been all my life? Thanks so much Makeupalley, I would have never tried this if I hadn't found these reviews. First of all I've never tried Dessert Essence brand.I bought mine on Ebay, I got a 16 oz bottle of organic Jojoba oil for about $16 including shipping. It has lasted me forever. I'm in my early 30's now and my skin was going crazy on me. I have sensitive combination skin that is acne prone. Not crazy acne but it does break out kind of ez. I had developed this dry, rough, flaky patches of skin on the apple of my cheeks, which was crazy since my skin was always oily in that area. Well no matter what I put on it, it would not go away. I did manage to make it better by using Neutrogena's facial peel. But the dryness would be back in a few days.

Well, not only are the patches 100% gone, but my skin is beautiful and super soft. I decided to try puting it on my hair on days when I wear my hair curly instead of blow drying and flat ironing. I have very curly freezie hair (Which no one would ever know). In order for me to wear it curly I have to put tons of differenct products on it, just to keep it from turning into a fro. Well I decided to just put Jojoba oil on it and let it air dry. OMG!! my hair turned out beautifull, soft, and totally frizz free. I can't believe it. All this years spending all that money and all I needed it was this. At $16 a bottle it might seem expensive, but considering the amount I got, how long it lasts and the results I get, is a steal!!!

I do not get break outs from this, and I break out easly.I have discovered that the problem is not the Jojoba. Jojoba is not an oil, is actually a wax, and is the closest thing to you natural skin oils. If this breaks you out, chances are you are not cleansing your skin properly. You must use a good toner. Or use a great cleanser. Lamas Beauty Radiant C face and body wash is the best. It is a cleanser, toner, and body wash all in one. It is sulfate free and Vegan. Cleanses deeply without drying and it lasts forever. All you need to clean your face is a pea size amount. NO KIDING!!! If I use it just on my face, it lasts me about 5 months. It is exellent for sensitive, acne prone, and rosacea skin. It is expensive at $14 plus shipping, but since it lasts for ever it is totally worth it. I buy more than one to save on shipping. You can get it at Lamasbeauty.com, and if you enter the coupon code EARTHSAVE, at the check out page you get a 20% discount. Or if you have a Wild Oats in your area you can buy it there. If you are looking for the best cleanser in the world!! Give this a try, you won't regret it. Oh, and you have 30 days to return it, but believe me, you won't. Nothing cleanses better.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No