October 30, 2014 | 1464 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by xrainx0803

I bought the Jojoba oil after reading the comments on MUA. I like the fact that it absorbs quickly after applying, and leaves my skin smooth and soft. I also use it on my hair, umm... didn't see any change... I just had a hair cut 2 months ago... so it's still hard to tell if my hair actually improved. However, the bottle is very annoying. ><

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by xxkamikazexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It depends on your skin...mine did not reaact well to this. I was uding it in combo with tea tree oil, with such high hopes after doing so much research. but JJO does not absorb int my skin(face and body), it just sat on the surface...it was greasy, and it caused breakouts on my face...you should try this is you havent already, it has worked for many, but for a few...such as myself...not so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by sasscass

I've been using jojoba oil for a few months now, and I really like it. I use it as a toner and eye moisturizer. I don't like to wear it by itself as an all over moisturizer because my skin doesn't soak it up very quickly, so I use it with Dessert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer at night and the two products work wonders together. I don't mind my eyes being oily when I go to bed because they are so much drier in comparison to the rest of the face that they need that overnight help to get through the day. When I apply it to my eyes with a cotton ball all my leftover makeup residue comes off too.

This product is pricey, but lasts a really long time. The packaging is actually very good - didn't leak when I took it on long plane rides and easy to dispense just a few drops as needed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by rhurrell

OMG- thanks to MUA (of coarse) i discovered this amazing product..to all the great reviews about this stuff.. it really is a fantastic product...because of this my skin has been looking soo great.. i just picked this up at my local trader joes along with the desert essence Tea tree oil..after i wash my face and use toner at night use about 6 drops of JJ oil and 3 drops of TTO and mix it in my palms together and just rub it all over my face.. it takes a little while to sink in, but when i wake up in the morning my face is soo soft and supple feeling--i also used a little bit and put it in my conditioner (although my hair seems a little bit oiler recently , but i dont know if its due to this) but this is such a great product- i recommend getting a little dropper for it cuz it can get messy if u dont. i even got complimented the other day how my skin looks so glowy.. this def. evens out skin tone, moisterizes and leave skin feeling soo smooth... buy this if u dont already have it!!!!! ur skin will love you for it

UPDATE 5/13: i stopped using this product as a moisturizer, i felt that it was clogging my pores. I still do use this to remove my eye make up and for my cuticles. I still love this product, its a great all around product that can be used for a variety of things! Just did not work out as a moisturizer for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by peanutbuddy

this is my first review on MUA and course it has be for jojoba oil. i love this product. i have been using it consistently for the past 3 years, which says a lot considering i can barely bring myself to finish a skincare product before i go out and buy something else.

my skin is very sensitive, acne prone, with an oily t-zone and very dry flaky cheeks. this just normalizes my skin and makes it feel soooo good. helps control oily parts and soothes and de-flakes the dry parts. it doesn't always stop breakouts but it doesn't make them worse and mostly keeps my pores tight and smooth. i rub a few drops directly on to damp skin twice a day after washing my face. it wears great under makeup and sunscreen. since i started using this 3 years ago i haven't had to buy a separate moisturizer, i'm not even tempted to buy another moisturizer, this just takes care of everything.

last week i went away for the weekend and forgot to pack this. for the first time in years i didn't use my jojoba oil and my skin freaked out. it got red, blotchy, flaky and irritated. that's when i realized how much of a difference this oil makes on my skin. it just makes it normal. i'm never without it. and its very economical, one bottle lasts me about 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

The reviewed below me really described jojoba oil to a T with "This is the MacGuyver of beauty products"--it really is! I buy this brand of jojoba oil from Trader Joe's, I believe you can also find it at Whole Foods and other health food stores. Jojoba oil is so wonderful and versatile! I use it as a moisturizer on my face overnight--the next morning when I wake up, my skin has a 'glow' to it and just looks and feels so much healthier/softer. I use this to take off my eye makeup and sometimes when the tips of my hair feels dry, I rub a little jojoba oil on my tips. Also, you can add some jojoba oil to your bath. Love this stuff! A definite HG for me. Jojoba oil is the closest oil to your skin's natural oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

This really is the swiss army knife of beauty products. Awesome multitasker. While I don't use it on my face like a lot of people, I do use it to take off my eye makeup. I really love it as a styling cream/oil for my coarse, curly hair. I was using weleda's rosemary hair oil but the rosemary was making my light hair dark-ish looking. This works even better at about half the cost. Also works great as a body moisturizer before bedtime. Last year the trend seemed to be all girls carrying mace on their keychains. This year I suggest every girl keep a bottle of jojoba oil in her medicine cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by djrevoir

This is hopefully the answer I've been searching for. I have been using it daily for 8 months now. Everything about my skin has improved. I've been using it as my day moisturizer, but just recently started it at night too so far so good. I am pretty liberal with the amount I put on. My skin is combo and prone to zits. I try to be 100% natural with the products that I use but I've had a hard time giving up the zitty meds like strydex pads and benzo cream but I am turning 29 this year and those products will most likely age my skin where as the jojoba oil gives one the sense of nurishment. I get the organic kind off of Vita Costs web site for cheap and the packaging doesn't bother me one bit. I go through a bottle every 2.5 months

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

This is great stuff! I use it for two primary reasons...as a nighttime moisturizer and in my hair. For my skin, I put a bit on after my retinol treatment, and I never have problems with flaking, redness or irritation. My skin looks as good as it did when I was 16. Smooth, clear, soft and toned. Like someone else mentioned, I think this "fools" my skin into thinking it's released enough oil, and I never get greasy anymore. It's miraculous! I also like to work it into my hair and scalp pre-shampoo, as a deep treatment. You can also work a tiny dab into damp or dry hair to smooth down frizz. I don't like it as a makeup remover, as I find it leaves a lot of mascara behind, but it's fab for everything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by suejeanius

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

can't stress enough how much i love jojoba oil!

my acne-prone skin LOVES this stuff.

i've seen so much improvement since i incorporated 100% pure jojoba oil into my skincare routine that i have STOPPED wearing face makeup!

truly an amazing product. i just wish the bottle had a squirt-top 'cause the oil's pretty liquidy/thin and sometimes comes out faster than i'd like.