Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 3/3/2009 10:03:00 PM

It is the best I found so far for winer dry skin, but no HG. I am going to try Kiss My Face Olive and Aloe- heard good things. I wonder if they changed the formula on this, because I have a new tube that smells awful- like burnt plastic or rubber. My old one smelled fine!

on 3/3/2009 2:33:00 PM

This is one of the best basic moisturizer in the market. Why so? Well, it moisturizes! The dry patches that were on my face have gone, and little to no breakouts have occur. (Although I'm pretty sure if this was used daily without exfoliation, there may be a larger chance of getting breakouts)

I used this in the daytime for under makeup. For one, because this is so creamy, it leaves the skin very, very moisturized that when there's foundation on, the dry patches are no longer empathized by the makeup. However, it may seem to be very oily, but, if you put on some loose powder in the end, the makeup looks close to flawless (I have some red/brown marks from before, and I blame midterms and finals :P )

At night, I use this after I put on Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Cream. This leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized in the morning. (After washing the dead skin on top of my face :P )

Pros: Very good product, has generous amount of cream for the price

Cons: Big tube is a bit annoying to use and carry around (where I would transfer it into another smaller container if I'm going somewhere else) :D

Edit: (Jan 7th, 2011)
I've still been using this as my moisturizer in the morning! Beats a lot of other brands, but remember to slater on your sunscreen!

on 3/1/2009 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great, great, great moisturizer! Wal-Mart's knock-off brand (Equate) works just as well for half the price. A tub of the Equate version sits right next to the Cetaphil on the shelf. I wish it had a pump dispenser rather than the tub packaging, but that's my only little complaint :)

on 2/24/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. I use it on my elbows, knees, ankles, and anywhere I get dry patches, except my face. It works really well. The tub does get a little gross after a while, but I just wipe off the top and sides every now and then. Would definitely rebuy.

on 2/24/2009 4:01:00 AM

I have been searching for this product for nearly a decade. A moisturizer that does not cause me to break out while still softening my dry skin during the harsh winter months. My skin has never been softer. It is not greasy and a little goes a long way. I bought mine in the 3 oz tube, its easier to tote around. After trying a variety of major skin care brands, I have found one that does everything I need it to do. HG!

on 2/23/2009 10:28:00 PM

This is now my HG moisturizer!! I have dry skin and it keeps my face moisturized all night/day without the greasy feeling as it absorbs into the skin really well and doesn't leave a shiny layer which I don't like in a moisturizer. I love the fact its unscented and you don't need to use a lot each time. Been using this for 2 weeks and it has not caused any breakouts so I would assume it doesn't clog pores. Previously I was using La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Riche, I believe the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream feels and works the same except it is nearly 1/2 the price and x4 the product!!!! I bought the 20oz tub and its going to last me yearsss =D The only complaint I have is the packaging, the tub is bulky and way too big for travel. Also its quite unhygienic because you have to keep dipping your hands into it to get the product out. However these aren't big problems; I've bought little moisturizer jars/containers for when I need to travel and I make sure my hands are clean before I dip my fingers into the tub. Overall this is an excellent affordable moisturizer! very impressed.

on 2/17/2009 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

If my skin needs extra moisture this is my HG. A small amount rubbed between my palms and patted onto dry areas is all I need. It doesn't clog my pores or cause me any breakouts and it doesn't make me look greasy. I purchase it in the 100ml tube as it's easier to carry and more hygienic.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is absolutely a must for dry winter skin!
I slather this on at night and in the morning my skin looks so much better, I also use a TINY bit on my skin before makeup. it might make my skin a little greasy but nothing a little powder can't fix.
This is HG forever! (btw this is in a 16oz jar no smell or anything)

on 2/11/2009 7:06:00 PM

I have VERY dry skin and I get flaky, scaly, itchy, patches on my neck, eyelids, around my nose, mouth, chin, ears chest, lower legs, arms, and hands. I'm a disaster. I've tried so many things including straight up oil (avocado oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil). One thing did work pretty well, Theraplex, but it's expensive and you can only get online. So I recently started using generic Renova (Retin-A) and my face is FREAKING OUT!!! Dry, peeling, red, my under eye skin is flaking away and swollen and sensitive. (btw: I use SPF everyday.) Anyway I read the reviews on this creme and went straight to CVS. I bought in tube form, not the jar. AND... WOW - my skin on my face has calmed down so much, still semi flaky and peeling but that's to be expected for the first 3 months on Renova. But it feels so much better. I put it all over me the next day and holy shit, for the first time ever my neck wasn't white and scaly and nothing itches!!! So now I'm using 3 drops of jojoba oil in the Cetaphil creme for my face and neck, Burt's Bees Repairing serum under my eyes and then just the creme eveery morning and nighte on every inch of the rest of my body. HG Forever. LOVE. Cheap, simple, magic.

on 2/11/2009 4:28:00 PM

I started using Cetaphil Cream because my skin was so dry from benzoyl peroxide treatments. I have since stopped using benzoyl peroxide and have found that this cream is just too heavy for me. My skin leans towards the oily side and I feel like this cream just sits on top of my face, never fully sinking in. Also, it didn't seem to provide the level of moisture I would have hoped for especially considering how heavy it is. I believe this would work best as a body lotion and intend to start using it as such.

This cream did have good qualities though. It is cheap as you get a huge amount for ten dollars. Furthermore, although it had oil in it and was so heavy, it did not break me out. This more than anything surprised me as I am quite break out prone, especially with new products. I have since moved on to Eucerin Q10 sensitive skin cream, and have already noticed an increase in moisture level. Plus, Eucerin's cream has the extra benefit of co-enzyme Q10, a proven wrinkle fighter. At my age, I would rather use a cream with some anti-aging properties in it.