October 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always hated Maybelline. With exception of their mousse-based products, everything - everything - dissapointed. However, i figured, what can go wrong with gel? And more importantly, it is CHEAP. I am on a budget and the choices were maybelline and smashbox. there was more content in the maybelling jar and it was much cheaper.

Ever since i was old enough to wear make-up i've always wet a brush and applied black eyeshadow as if it were liquid liner to get the 50's 'flick' . This has the same lovely effect, but without the smudging, and it's just so much more practical to travel with.

Pros:
Fantastic brush
A little goes a long way
DOESN'T crack or smudge
Not scented

Cons: Extremely waterproof! Leaves a grey stain when you remove it. Needs at least 2 scrubs to remove. I always use oil. Doesn't even come off in the swimming pool.

My only advice is to close the jar tightly so the gel doesnt dry and to wash the brush frequenty.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shaeli

very easy to apply and long-lasting. no noticeable smudging even after several hours. love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Would I buy again? Hell yes! I have the charcoal shade, so beautiful. I've had it since I was able to find it in my area, and I need to go get another because I'm almost out. I used to only wear black eyeliner, but this product changed that. I wear it every day, the only time I wear black now is going out at night. This little gem lasts all day, so smooth and creamy, it wears like iron on my waterline! As I said, I've had it for quite some time now, and just recently had to use a few drops of Visine to revive it a bit, good as new! I'd love to get the blue and green ones too. The packaging is glass just like MAC and BB, with the screw top lid. I've dropped it accidentally a few times, no chips at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by JudyDan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great eyeliner that stays put. Easy to put on as thin or as thick as you'd like. Is great for the evening!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by wonderfullyglamorous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product, it's amazing for a drugstore eyeliner. This was my first time trying out gel eyeliner, and after using it, I liked it so much I used it everyday - I'm on my second one now! I got it on Charcoal, but it comes out like a black with a SLIGHT shimmer if you look very closely, and I like that look a lot. I repurchased it again yesterday because I was running out, but it lasted me a long time, about 3 months of daily use. The only reason this has 4 stars instead of 5 is because the brush that came with it wasn't very good. I'd recommend using a Sigma or a MAC angled liner brush instead, but if you don't have one, the brush that comes with it will do the job, you'll just have to clean it and wet it a lot. (I would wet the brush before putting on the eyeliner, I found it made the eyeliner more pigmented.) Buy this, you won't regret it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by tarieness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm slowly being disappointed with this liner :/... It's definitely waterproof but BY GEORGE DOES IT SMEAR!! i wear it to school and by the end of the day i have raccoon eyes... when i apply it to the top of my eyes it fades by the end of the day and the bottom could win a i just got punched contest....definitely not to be use under the eyes :/... i'm also lazy with cleaning my brushes so i think i'm going to be switching over to liquid liners now... This just isn't the liner for me...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Sarz_1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I would have given this a higher rating had it not been for how irritated this made my eyes.

I think this is a comparable product to the MAC gel liner, quite a nice texture, easy to apply, and I didn't mind the brush that came with it either. Made a great dramatic winged eye.

The only problem is, I wear contact lenses and this stuff seemed to kind of flake into my eyes and then get stuck on my contact lenses and it was quite hard to clean off my lenses - I had to rub hard! It also felt like I had clumps of dirt in my eyes which was quite irritating and hard to deal with when I work in front of a computer all day and had red streaming eyes!

I only wish that this had of worked out for me because otherwise it was quite promising and so cheap! Would be a great product for someone less prone to irritation :o(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

this is one of those products i got just because of all the amazing reviews it has here on MUA. and again i thank you all.
i never would have guesed that maybeline could have such a great item.
pros:
super black
goes on really smoothly
last for a really long time
doesn't hurt my super sensitive eyes
cheap
great brush
cons:
none what so ever

*update* after using it for a few months I realized that I was trying hard to love it but it just kept failing me over and over again (during summer!)
sticking to liquid liners!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by loveamanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the rave reviews. I love the brush; it makes it easy to apply. It's definitely waterproof, but not smudge proof. I wear this to school and by third block, I have raccoon eyes. Definitely not buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I have the brown, charcoal, & eggplant and I just purchased the LE shades in Forest & Sapphire. I love the forest. It's a deep vibrant forest green shade. The sapphire is a little darker than I had hoped. I was hoping for a more vibrant indigo or cobalt color like the color of a real sapphire but this is so dark it's almost black. For me anyway. I still like it though. I prefer Maybelline's gel eyeliner over Coastal Scents or other d/s brands. Eyeliner (like mascara) isn't something I'll spend big bucks on for name brand. I really like the quality of this product. I've had the brown & charcoal for several years (I bought it when they first came out) and I don't have any drying issues.

I know 10 bucks seems a lot for eyeliner for some but I was able to buy the Sapphire & Forest for BOGO1/2. You can always find these sales at your local drugstore so you really don't need to pay full price for it. It seems like I read all the time where someone is complaining how high drugstore prices are now. Well, I've been wearing makeup since the mid 80's and I can tell you that drugstore makeup is such a higher quality than it used to be. You are paying for what you get. Just because you buy high-priced items at the department store doesn't necessarily mean you are getting a much better quality item. I can afford the high priced items but I go for quality, not a price tag. Many times, this takes me to drugstore items. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No