December 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I used the shade Ceylan when I'm my natural NC20 colour and mix Stromboli and Syracause when I'm tan (NC37/C4). Ceylan and Stromboli match my yellow tones nicely, and Syracause has a good mix of tan and peach tones, not pink or yellow or orange.

The texture is relatively quite thin but not watery, provides light-medium coverage (buildable) and evens out my skintone/covered redness. It feels nice and lightweight on my skin and looks natural...my skin but better. Infact, I think my skin looks really clear when I wear this, almost airbrushed. The finish is gives is a soft satin that gets more glowy as the day passes and the foundation mixes with your natural oils. It doesn't get greasy on me even if I don't use primer or setting powder.

However, there are some downfalls with this foundation. First of all, it can be rather streaky upon application even when moisturizing well beforehand. Second is the longevity - this is not a super long lasting foundation and will not hold up extremely well in warm weather. It transfers a lot aswell. Not something I'd expect when I pay nearly £30 for a foundation. The packaging is horrible aswell, but I refuse to pay an extra £5-6 for a pump.

Overall it's a nice foundation despite it's negatives. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by enolf

Ever since my Christian Dior Fluide got discontinued (2009) I've been a bit lost. I'm not very good with the new checmical SPF that seems to be prevalent in ALL foundations (so annoying!!!) as it makes my face peel.

I tried Christian Dior Extreme (something like that), Sisley (bad colour range, not very good at perfecting), and lately a Givenchy PhotoPerfection (something like that) one which was very nice -- but ultimately made my face peel (due to the sunscreen) and wasn't very dewy.

BUT now I've found my new HG. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It does on like a dream, is really buildable (I apply it with a foundation brush and it works fine) is really dewy (so I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin) and the doesn't oxidise (go orange). It also contains no SPF! yay!!! It also has a nice quality that it fills pores nicely creating an airbrushed look (not as amazing as Dior Fluide, but pretty good).

VERY happy to have found it. TEmpted to buy a few bottles as I'm terrified they'll start putting SPF in it and ruin the formuation.

Also, I suggest that when you buy it, you make sure you buy the PUMP for it. If not it all just becomes too annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by LoveandBeauty

Skin Type: NC15, combination/oily

I think this is a decent foundation. I really wanted to love it, after hearing all the massive hype surrounding it. Unfortunately, I haven't reached for it since I bought it months ago. I tend to favor luminous foundations despite my skin type, only because they look more natural. However, I found that this didn't exactly give any glow to my skin. It has a runny consistency, and it dried to a satin finish. I found that it gives medium coverage that is buildable. The lasting power is not exceptional, and it began to look a little patchy after several hours. I simply cannot justify the price for this foundation. It is a basic satin finish foundation, with minimal glow. If this is the look you want, then I would suggest buying this. However, I have found better foundations that deliver that "luminous" look. I gave it 3 stars for average.

Shade References: I have very light, neutral skin, and have tried the palest shades. Siberia is far too light for a true NC15, as some have suggested. It is a very pale shade with yellow undertones, suitable for NC10. Gobi has the same undertones as Siberia, but the shade intensity is deeper. I would suggest Gobi for an NC15. Mont Blanc has a pinky neutral undertone, and is suitable for NW15. I have not tried Deauville because I know it would be too dark, but upon swatching it, it looks suitable for NW20. Ceylan would be good for NC20.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a decent sheer-to-medium coverage foundation. It must be used over concealer if you have spots you need to even out. I won't purchase again as I'll be looking for something with more coverage, and a little SPF would be nice too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Kerry1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I bought this foundation I also got a sample so I could try it before opening the bottle. I'm very glad I did, because it doesn't work for me at all. I was hoping to find a match for my very pale, warm toned skin. I got the lightest shade, Siberia, and although it is very light it has a strong yellow tone which does not match my skin. The coverage is minimal and it was not able to hide red marks from acne scars, although I did find it pretty easy to blend. I have combination skin and I'm used to having to touch up with blotting papers and powder throughout the day, and this foundation was no exception. It did not hold out very well over the day and by the time I got home from work, the foundation had disappeared from my chin and around my nose. Overall I am disappointed and this will be going back to the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by nette92

I've never in my life had such a confused/love/hate relationship with a foundation. First off, Sheer Glow looks amazing. It is a satin finish, not too matte not too dewy. It makes your skin look like velvety and soft to the touch. The color match was as perfect as I've ever had. The colors are more geared to yellow-tones, fyi. Sadly, this did break me out. For the record I have sensitive skin with eczema and products are more likely to break me out than other people. Save your receipts girls because I didn't and this only started to break me out like 3 weeks later. So it will just sit in my makeup drawer. Another thing, i have normal skin and this made my skin feel a bit oily after a few hours. Which is odd because I don't really have much natural oil and a product never did that before. I didn't look overly greasy though. Lasting power is good but I would suggest setting with a powder. As you can tell, this product for me is all over the place. If you came on here to see whether you should buy it or not, my advice is to go in and get a sample, no matter what skin type you have because this product has worked for a lot of people, and has failed a lot of people. If this worked for you, bless you! It is truly beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie22

I really like this foundation, I like to rotate between mac studio fix fluid and this foundation. I wear Punjab in Nars and NC35 in MAC. Sheer Glow is amazing, it feels and looks like second skin. It is medium coverage but buildable. I am still on the look out for my HG only because I am looking for a full coverage foundation that looks like second skin. Until I find one, sheer glow is great and I would recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail foundation. It looks luminous, natural, and has made my skin softer since I've used it. This has hydrated my face better after washing it off than other moisturizing foundations. It has a natural skin look, opposed to a foundation look. By this, I mean MAC foundations for example, have a foundation look, which I love, but they don't look like the person's real skin. Sheer Glow looks like skin if applied lightly, not foundation.

They don't make any colors for just pink undertones, so I'm mixing santa fe with a drop of the dark new guinea and it looks like nw35. But if they ever discontinued one of these two, I couldn't wear it anymore.

For those who want a sheerer, lighter coverage, MUFE face and body is fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really don't like this foundation. The coverage is very light for a liquid foundation. The finish is not "glowy" like the name suggests. I find that it gets blotchy very fast and its staying power is pretty bad. The colour range is pretty good and ceylan is a good match for me. However, for $42, it is definitely overpriced. I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good light to medium coverage foundation. Looks so natural! My husband "noticed" my skin looked "prettier" in his words, and I would like to attribute it to the foundation(the compliment was given with makeup on, not without, lol). It looks like my skin but flawless! it is a bit expensive but u get what u pay for. I have combo/ sensitive skin and this works well with my skin( sometimes oily in the T zone, and dry and sensitive around the cheek, nose and mouth area)It is a great foundation. I dot it on my face and then blend with a flat foundation brush, this seems to be the best way to blend( for me). I tried the way the instructions say but hated it! Everyone is different, so just play around with it and find what works for you( some people find it doesn't blend well).