Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 3/26/2005 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is just the best lotion ever. Super effective and dirt cheap. I use it for me body (It won't irritate after shaving), and for my face, at night or during the day under sunscreen. It's perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BEST. STUFF. EVER. i have allergic contact dermatitis (in english: i'm allergic to almost every product that touches my skin), but now i take claritin to control my allergic reactions. before the claritin, though, this stuff was a godsend in terms of managing my allergies...i (literally) have tried nearly every drugstore lotion on the market, b/c after a few months i would eventually become allergic to each and every one (curel, cetaphil, eucerine, lubraderm, keri, you name it). without my allergy medication, i used this stuff for 3 years, and never ONCE had an allergic reaction to it!!! this is perfect for super-sensitive skin! it's unscented, so you can either add perfume oil or just leave it as it is. in the wintertime, the backs of my hands get so dry that they literally crack open and bleed everywhere....and NOTHING except this lotion has ever helped to heal them...not even my Philosophy body lotions. also, it doesn't burn/sting raw skin...whether you're raw from a sunburn, or from dry, cracked skin, or even if you've had an allergic reaction and have scratched the crap out of your skin (which was the story of my life before claritin), this stuff is very soothing and it WORKS. it's got like 3 or 4 main ingredients in it...i believe they are glycerine, oat flour, and dimethicone (which is actually the 'active' ingredient in the lotion)....it helps calm down dry, itchy skin, and so does the oat flour. well, those are the ingredients i can remember off the top of my head. i know there's no mineral oil....anyway, i've got both my husband AND my mom hooked on this stuff! initially, i was super-annoyed that such a small-ish bottle of the aveeno was like, $8.50 a bottle, but then i tried the generic version that wal-mart makes. i've checked - it contains the EXACT same ingredients as the aveeno brand name, listed in the exact same order. it's only $3.88. do NOT buy the CVS generic brand of this lotion, b/c it is a COMPLETELY different formula with totally different ingredients, and it's nothing like the original -- also, it's twice as expensive as the wal-mart generic version!!! ok, gals, for $3.88, you've gotta try this. mm'kay?? continued >>

on 3/20/2005 11:55:00 AM

This lotion does what it says. It's really, really moisturizing and soothing for dry winter skin. I've got a few dry patches that only Aveeno seems to be able to sort out. It is absolutely unscented, as well. I don't tend to like unscented lotions, so I add some perfume oil to mine, and it still works really well. This is absolutely essential for me in the winter.

This was a very good lotion. Very soothing to my skin.

on 2/18/2005 6:06:00 PM

I am very fond of this lotion because it is unscented and great moisturizing capability. It comes in a very big pump bottle which is convenient to use. It doesn't last 24 hours as it says it does, but you would be amazed of how hydrating and soothing it is. I think I'll use it on my face and neck as a base moisturizer as well.

on 2/18/2005 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product, but the scent and the texture made me put this in the "Will not buy again" category. It does keep my hands moist, but it gives a weird, almost sticky feeling. The scent, although not strong, isn't pleasant.

on 2/5/2005 1:29:00 AM

If only it had spf 30 or above i would use it for my face, i use it everywhere and on my face when i got out it gives the dewy glow not shiny! unscented and great moisturizing capability

on 1/29/2005 10:41:00 AM

i love this for my body. My skin gets super dry and itchy in the winter and this is the only thing that keeps it soft all day. Love it.

on 1/28/2005 9:33:00 AM

My favorite lotion ever! The best part is that I can use it on my face or body, that makes it even better! I've got super dry skin (more so in the winter) and after washing my face, I apply this and my skin really is hydrated for hours and hours and hours! Great for hands and feet, but the fact that this is my HG moisturizer makes it a truly amazing product! I would definitely repurchase, since I already have. Costco have double packs of this stuff!

on 1/20/2005 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought a small tube of this for DH while we were traveling through the desert, because he dislikes using my scented lotions. But I think I use it more than he does now. It's a wonderful moisturizer that doesn't leave any residues, but keeps my hands soft after washings. The tube is small enough to put in a carry-on bag to keep your skin moisturized in airports, yet it holds a decent amount. The cap fits snugly over the small dispenser, so it never gets messy. I will definitely repurchase this for future trips when we run out of this tube.