October 23, 2014 | 1481 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2003 6:24:00 PM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pretty temperamental skin...some bath gels, for example, make me itch like mad. Also, as I get older (sigh), I find that my skin is drier and, well...let's face it...those decades on the planet are beginning to show. However, many of these "problems" are very nicely beaten back with this lotion. My tube says "fragrance-free", and I love that I can use this lotion with any fragrance (or just the tiniest dab of a fragranced body cream) .. and it doesn't clash. Also, no itchies! Finally, it's just the right "weight" or texture for me. I live in a warmer place, where it sometimes can be quite humid. I find that I can apply this lotion after my shower (with skin still wet) and then forget about it. If I use it on skin that's already been towel-dried, then I get that kind of sticky, takes-too-long-to-sink-in effect. But that's true for almost every lotion (at least, for me). As for re-purchase - I already have another one (bigger size this time) on order from drugstore.com. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2003 8:51:00 AM More reviews by dianerae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've got very dry skin and this did absolutely nothing for me. I wanted to like it because I like Aveeno bath products, but this lotion just doesn't do the job. I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all sorts of skin problems - eczema, psoriasis, sensitivity, dryness, itchiness - so I'm constantly on the hunt for something that will moisturize my skin while providing some relief from all of these conditions. Aveeno's lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal, which is a natural anti-itch agent that also helps prevent further problems. I find that this lotion does help me - I can actually wear it and go a full day without wanting to scratch my skin off - but it doesn't leave my skin as moisturized as I'd like. The consistency of the lotion is thick for a lotion, but I really think I need a cream in order to really feel the full effects of a moisturizer. The mild scent isn't the greatest but it certainly doesn't bother me. I alternate this with Aveeno's Skin Relief lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this moisturizer. I use it on my feet and it works well there. However, when I use this on my legs, it does not sink into my skin at all, instead it just dries and forms a waxy layer on my skin. Don't expect to be able to pull up a pair of tights or tighter pants after you use this lotion! I will not purchase again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Rsnap

I think $14.00 is a bit much for
a simple moisturizer but I love
this. I look horrid without make-up, but after using this for two
weeks I truly see a glow without
makeup. Not too greasy and I
personally think it smells nice
too. I like that it has SPF15-
never use a moisturizer without
it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2003 1:27:00 PM More reviews by moonkittenz

I had mixed feelings about this lotion...(I have Extremely dry skin), & this left a filmy coating on my skin, which I considered a plus only in the winter--it definitely protects in harsh temperatures...but it is too heavy for summer...I use it on rough spots though, & it is nice on just-shaved legs...also the fragrance free has a horrible plastic smell...**I bought this @ Costco for $13.00- for two 12oz. bottles & an 8oz. tube-which was a great deal....But I would never buy this again, being that Aveeno is owned by Johnson & Johnson- who, according to PETA, still test on animals...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 6:45:00 PM More reviews by broken_lips

This is my favorite moisturizer. I've been using it for 5 months now and I still love it. It absorbs into my skin really easily. I even use it on my face sometimes when it's really dry. It makes my skin feel like velvet!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by daisydolphin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the texture and the way it keeps your skin smooth for hours. For the price, it's outstanding. I don't like lotions with a strong fragrance so it's perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2003 8:03:00 PM More reviews by catgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Decent stuff... kinda gave the effect it was just "sitting" there... Smelled plasticy, too. Also, a bit pricey, $7-9 depending on where you go. St. Ives Intensive Healing lotion works better than this anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by 1MegMeg

I had a $3 off any body lotion coupon for CVS so I decided to try the Aveeno Lotion. In my opinion, it does not have a scent, which is nice. If I want to wear perfume I can and I won't have a mingling of different scents. The lotion spread smoothly and sunk in quite nicely. I can still feel its moisturizing effects, yet it is not greasy at all. Additionally, it does not get greasy on me if I get warm. I live in Florida and have had a number of lotions get slimy and greasy on my skin later in the afternoon if I get warm. Overall, I think this is one of the better drugstore lotions I have tried. The oatmeal is soothing, the lotion is somewhat thick and moisturizing, yet not greasy at all. A definite thumbs up!