December 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 7:33:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really kept my skin moisturized, even elbows and knees for six hours now! That's a record for me. Usually an hour and those parts are dry again. Now i want to try it on my dry, flaky cheeks.
**EDIT** I used this on my face last night after cleansing w/ Aveeno's combination bar soap. My skin didn't feel sticky, not small pimples in the morning, and my cheeks felt soft and smooth. I think this is going to be my winter moisturizer. Will update if anything bad happens to my face.
UPDATE: My face hasn't broken out, but this moisturizer is too heavy. It gives me the greasies from hell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2004 9:17:00 AM More reviews by sencha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maintains the "newly moisturized" state of skin for a full 24 hr period. I have repurchased this many times over & will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2004 11:27:00 PM More reviews by HauteGirl22

I FOUND IT!!! After years and years of cracked, dry skin, I have found my HG moisturizer. This is the ONLY body lotion I've ever used that actually moisturizes my skin all day. The texture is very nice and smooth, and when I apply it, it sinks into my skin...I can feel my skin actually absorbing it, rather than having it just sit on top of my skin like most other lotions/creams do! The smell is also really nice, it says fragrance free but there is a slight oatmeal, homey scent to it. Doesn't irritate my skin, makes it smooth and soft all day and I only have to use a little product for it to go a long way! Thank you Aveeno!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I usually have to go with very thick, slower absorbing lotions for my dry body skin, so I had my doubts about this somewhat thinner, easily absorbed lotion. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. This lotion absorbs quickly yet keeps me moisturized for hours. The oatmeal makes this a great moisturizer! This product has a faint, cherry/almond smell, yet can be mixed with other fragranced lotions with no problems. This has not surpassed Vaseline Advanced Healing or Eucerin Plus as my HG, but it's been a good moisturizer. UPDATE - After a few months, amidst the nice fragrance, there's the faint smell of alcohol that has developed, which I am not digging. But I'm almost done with the bottle so I'll finish this nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by staceyrose

Very very good product. I had a patch of excema on my elbow that hydracortizone would not banish. After using Aveeno for three days, it disappeared and never came back. Many months later, it still has not returned.
It may not feel particularly moisturising for those who are used to oily feeling creams, but after using it for a few days, dryness, at least for me, was a thing of the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

High quality lotion for a good price! On me, lotions either wear off quickly, or they don't absorb into my skin fast enough. This lasts from one shower to the next, and absorbs nearly instantly. Barely detectable scent of oatmeal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 2:06:00 PM More reviews by franticog

Hmmm, despite popular opinion that this doesn't last 24 hours, I can still feel the moisturizing benefits of this lotion in my next shower. I swear I can feel it washing off my body! I like the non greasy feel and don't mind the mild scent in the least. I agree that the pump doesn't get all the product out of the bottle but I just take the pump off and tap the container in my palm upsidedown and can pretty much get the last 1/4 of the bottle out. So it is not wasteful for thrifty people like me! The best lotion I have found by FAR.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2004 11:31:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! Smooth and non-greasy. The CVS brand of this is pretty similar and works just as well--plus you get a bigger tube for a cheaper price! The scent is sometimes like hairspray I noticed, but if you mix the lotion well before using it and it goes away! This is nice lotion and will work well for both winter and summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2004 9:10:00 PM More reviews by utopia134

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG. I buy this stuff at costco. moisturizes all day. does have a wierd smell that quickly goes away. I like neutral scents so it doesnt clash with pricey perfumes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by likestofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. It's very good in the winter when your skin is extra dry, because the oatmeal forms a barrier that holds in moisture and protects your skin from the elements. It also doesn't feel greasy at all, although it does take a few minutes to dry. It might be a little heavy in the summer, even for dry skin types like myself, but I still use it to moisturize my hands and feet when i get out of the shower. I love that it doesn't wash off (without soap) so I dont have to keep reapplying to my hands throughout the day.