Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 1/28/2005 9:33:00 AM

My favorite lotion ever! The best part is that I can use it on my face or body, that makes it even better! I've got super dry skin (more so in the winter) and after washing my face, I apply this and my skin really is hydrated for hours and hours and hours! Great for hands and feet, but the fact that this is my HG moisturizer makes it a truly amazing product! I would definitely repurchase, since I already have. Costco have double packs of this stuff!

on 1/20/2005 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought a small tube of this for DH while we were traveling through the desert, because he dislikes using my scented lotions. But I think I use it more than he does now. It's a wonderful moisturizer that doesn't leave any residues, but keeps my hands soft after washings. The tube is small enough to put in a carry-on bag to keep your skin moisturized in airports, yet it holds a decent amount. The cap fits snugly over the small dispenser, so it never gets messy. I will definitely repurchase this for future trips when we run out of this tube.

on 1/12/2005 9:23:00 PM

A wonderfully perfect moisturizer for dry, itchy, sensitive winter skin. It contains colloidal oatmeal, which soothes the skin and aids in minimizing itching and dimethicone 1.25%, which is a great ingredient for moisture and aiding in skin relief. I use this on my hands and itchy winter legs and it helps me 100%. My son gets really dry in the winter and this is the only product I can use on him that does not irritate his sensitive skin. LOVE!!

on 1/2/2005 8:12:00 PM

This is my favourite lotion for my hands. It has a nice smell and it's thick formula just sinks right in providing almost instant moisture for a long time.

on 1/2/2005 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great hand and body lotion. It lasts a long time and soaks right into the skin. The smell is a little annoying (like other reviewers), but it does go away. Very good for overdry winter skin.

on 12/15/2004 1:58:00 PM

I have tried many, many moisturizers. This is bar none my favourite! I have tried no name brand rip offs, but they don't make the cut. I am forever dedicated to my wonderful Aveeno lotion that moisturizes and heals without clogging pores!

on 12/12/2004 8:25:00 PM

Although a lot of people don't like the smell of this lotion, I love it! I'm sad that it doesn't last longer. Smells like almond... Yum. It moisturizes better than any moisturizer I've tried w/out feeling oily. Although my skin still feels dry, I don't think anything can fix that :( I have severely dry skin and flaky, itchy, eczema. Got this at Costco, like the pump and it wasn't expensive. Btw, anyone know where I can get almond scented lotion/perfume?

on 12/12/2004 2:16:00 AM

I *think* I might buy this product again. Not completely sold on it for a few reasons...

- smell is awful, like plastic cow poop. HOWEVER, this completely, and I mean completely (even for my bloodhound nose) disappears after a few minutes.

- the pump is less than desireable. I keep thinking it's open when its closed, and it's closed when it's open. I think if the neck of the pump were longer it would elimnate this problem. I'm usually not that picky about packaging, either, but this is particularly annoying

- It's a little more expensive than I normally buy. I'm used to $3-$4 Vaseline lotions.

But I will continue to use the entire bottle, because it really does moisturize ALL day. Not even intense moisturizers have been able to do that. It also absorbs fairly quickly (although don't try to put on jeans for a few minutes afterwards, it's not gonna happen!!)

This makes my usually alligator-like skin feel smooth all day, reduces some of the Keratosis Pilaris bumps on my arms, and erases the scales from my shins. For now, it's a keeper, but when I'm out I will try other ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the one and only lotion that actually makes my skin soft...and makes it stay that way! Of corse I have to reapply after showering, just like with any other lotion. But this one keeps my skin mosturized until the next time I apply it. I have the pump bottle version and it's really handy. The texture is very emollient and goes on smoothly and sinks right in. The only thing that isn't the greatest is the slighly weird smell that it has for a couple of seconds after you put it on. It's a gross smell but disappears almost immeadiately after application.

on 11/27/2004 3:33:00 PM

Been holding off on reviewing this one, because I know everybody is going to want to come after me with torches when I say: I do not like it, Sam-I-Am!
It does behave as advertised; the moisturizing effect lasts a very long time, it is not (exactly) greasy, and there is no fragrance. It definitely does protect skin as it claims to. The bottle is fine; the price is very good. Please note that in general, I am an Aveeno products fan.
I dislike two things about this lotion: the smell and the texture. The smell is just foul to my nose; it's faint, but it's just the worst kind of oat smell, more like a barn than a bowl of oatmeal. And the texture, while not greasy, is kind of...slickery, or something. Rubbery. It's weird. When I was in picture framing we used silicone to glue down heavy objects and if you got some on your hands it felt slimy. This feels like that.
Overall: does what it says, but I don't like it. Would not repurchase. continued >>