October 1, 2014 | 1256 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2003 8:51:00 AM More reviews by dianerae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've got very dry skin and this did absolutely nothing for me. I wanted to like it because I like Aveeno bath products, but this lotion just doesn't do the job. I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all sorts of skin problems - eczema, psoriasis, sensitivity, dryness, itchiness - so I'm constantly on the hunt for something that will moisturize my skin while providing some relief from all of these conditions. Aveeno's lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal, which is a natural anti-itch agent that also helps prevent further problems. I find that this lotion does help me - I can actually wear it and go a full day without wanting to scratch my skin off - but it doesn't leave my skin as moisturized as I'd like. The consistency of the lotion is thick for a lotion, but I really think I need a cream in order to really feel the full effects of a moisturizer. The mild scent isn't the greatest but it certainly doesn't bother me. I alternate this with Aveeno's Skin Relief lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this moisturizer. I use it on my feet and it works well there. However, when I use this on my legs, it does not sink into my skin at all, instead it just dries and forms a waxy layer on my skin. Don't expect to be able to pull up a pair of tights or tighter pants after you use this lotion! I will not purchase again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Rsnap

I think $14.00 is a bit much for
a simple moisturizer but I love
this. I look horrid without make-up, but after using this for two
weeks I truly see a glow without
makeup. Not too greasy and I
personally think it smells nice
too. I like that it has SPF15-
never use a moisturizer without
it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2003 1:27:00 PM More reviews by moonkittenz

I had mixed feelings about this lotion...(I have Extremely dry skin), & this left a filmy coating on my skin, which I considered a plus only in the winter--it definitely protects in harsh temperatures...but it is too heavy for summer...I use it on rough spots though, & it is nice on just-shaved legs...also the fragrance free has a horrible plastic smell...**I bought this @ Costco for $13.00- for two 12oz. bottles & an 8oz. tube-which was a great deal....But I would never buy this again, being that Aveeno is owned by Johnson & Johnson- who, according to PETA, still test on animals...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 6:45:00 PM More reviews by broken_lips

This is my favorite moisturizer. I've been using it for 5 months now and I still love it. It absorbs into my skin really easily. I even use it on my face sometimes when it's really dry. It makes my skin feel like velvet!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by daisydolphin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the texture and the way it keeps your skin smooth for hours. For the price, it's outstanding. I don't like lotions with a strong fragrance so it's perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2003 8:03:00 PM More reviews by catgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Decent stuff... kinda gave the effect it was just "sitting" there... Smelled plasticy, too. Also, a bit pricey, $7-9 depending on where you go. St. Ives Intensive Healing lotion works better than this anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by 1MegMeg

I had a $3 off any body lotion coupon for CVS so I decided to try the Aveeno Lotion. In my opinion, it does not have a scent, which is nice. If I want to wear perfume I can and I won't have a mingling of different scents. The lotion spread smoothly and sunk in quite nicely. I can still feel its moisturizing effects, yet it is not greasy at all. Additionally, it does not get greasy on me if I get warm. I live in Florida and have had a number of lotions get slimy and greasy on my skin later in the afternoon if I get warm. Overall, I think this is one of the better drugstore lotions I have tried. The oatmeal is soothing, the lotion is somewhat thick and moisturizing, yet not greasy at all. A definite thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 2:06:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

Best moisturizer for my body that I have ever used. I used this via my Accutane prescription and it was the only thing that helped soothe my skin. So good, that in the summer I use it as my facial moisturizer. Awesome!