January 29, 2015 | 2058 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the one and only lotion that actually makes my skin soft...and makes it stay that way! Of corse I have to reapply after showering, just like with any other lotion. But this one keeps my skin mosturized until the next time I apply it. I have the pump bottle version and it's really handy. The texture is very emollient and goes on smoothly and sinks right in. The only thing that isn't the greatest is the slighly weird smell that it has for a couple of seconds after you put it on. It's a gross smell but disappears almost immeadiately after application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 3:33:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been holding off on reviewing this one, because I know everybody is going to want to come after me with torches when I say: I do not like it, Sam-I-Am!
It does behave as advertised; the moisturizing effect lasts a very long time, it is not (exactly) greasy, and there is no fragrance. It definitely does protect skin as it claims to. The bottle is fine; the price is very good. Please note that in general, I am an Aveeno products fan.
I dislike two things about this lotion: the smell and the texture. The smell is just foul to my nose; it's faint, but it's just the worst kind of oat smell, more like a barn than a bowl of oatmeal. And the texture, while not greasy, is kind of...slickery, or something. Rubbery. It's weird. When I was in picture framing we used silicone to glue down heavy objects and if you got some on your hands it felt slimy. This feels like that.
Overall: does what it says, but I don't like it. Would not repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2004 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

EDIT - I stopped using this lotion awhile ago because my husband hates the smell. I can't say I'm very fond of it either. It works well and is moisturizing, but I've switched to Booth's Vanilla Butter with AHA, which has become my HG body lotion.

I bought this lotion upon the recommendation of the skin care board. I like it very much and will definitely repurchase. It's a little sticky, but that fades within a few minutes of application. It moisturizes very well and seems to last a long time. It helped clear up my eczema within a few days. I'm not too fond of the smell, but it's so fain that I barely notice it and it doesn't compete with my perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cute_fishy

I usually only need body lotion during the winter months. So with the winter approaching, I went crazy a couple of weeks ago and bought 4 different body lotions to stock up for the winter. I got the Johnson's 24hr Softlotion, Johnson's light-care Softlotion, Keri Original, and my old staple, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
I got the 2 Johnson's ones mainly because they are new and I saw their advertisment in the magazine. Well, BIG MISTAKE. I forgot how much I hated the smell of the Johnson's softwash... It didn't quite occur to me that they two may share the same smell. It smells sooooo strong and gave me a headache 5 min after I put it on. Thankfully, I have a big family so I can always pass on these rejects to others.
Well, on to Keri. It's pretty good. I look the scent. It leaves my skin feeling pretty good, but that feeling doesn't last all day. Thankfully, my mom likes it, so I could just pass it on again.
Now I am back with my trusty Aveeno. It doesn't have any fancy fragrance, which is tons better than one that gives me headache. It keeps my skin moisturized for the entire day, no matter how hot the bath water was. My skin, and nose, have never complained when I use this. This, and Vaseline Creamy Problem Skin Therapy, would definitely keep my skin happy this winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 7:33:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really kept my skin moisturized, even elbows and knees for six hours now! That's a record for me. Usually an hour and those parts are dry again. Now i want to try it on my dry, flaky cheeks.
**EDIT** I used this on my face last night after cleansing w/ Aveeno's combination bar soap. My skin didn't feel sticky, not small pimples in the morning, and my cheeks felt soft and smooth. I think this is going to be my winter moisturizer. Will update if anything bad happens to my face.
UPDATE: My face hasn't broken out, but this moisturizer is too heavy. It gives me the greasies from hell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2004 9:17:00 AM More reviews by sencha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maintains the "newly moisturized" state of skin for a full 24 hr period. I have repurchased this many times over & will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2004 11:27:00 PM More reviews by HauteGirl22

I FOUND IT!!! After years and years of cracked, dry skin, I have found my HG moisturizer. This is the ONLY body lotion I've ever used that actually moisturizes my skin all day. The texture is very nice and smooth, and when I apply it, it sinks into my skin...I can feel my skin actually absorbing it, rather than having it just sit on top of my skin like most other lotions/creams do! The smell is also really nice, it says fragrance free but there is a slight oatmeal, homey scent to it. Doesn't irritate my skin, makes it smooth and soft all day and I only have to use a little product for it to go a long way! Thank you Aveeno!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I usually have to go with very thick, slower absorbing lotions for my dry body skin, so I had my doubts about this somewhat thinner, easily absorbed lotion. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. This lotion absorbs quickly yet keeps me moisturized for hours. The oatmeal makes this a great moisturizer! This product has a faint, cherry/almond smell, yet can be mixed with other fragranced lotions with no problems. This has not surpassed Vaseline Advanced Healing or Eucerin Plus as my HG, but it's been a good moisturizer. UPDATE - After a few months, amidst the nice fragrance, there's the faint smell of alcohol that has developed, which I am not digging. But I'm almost done with the bottle so I'll finish this nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by staceyrose

Very very good product. I had a patch of excema on my elbow that hydracortizone would not banish. After using Aveeno for three days, it disappeared and never came back. Many months later, it still has not returned.
It may not feel particularly moisturising for those who are used to oily feeling creams, but after using it for a few days, dryness, at least for me, was a thing of the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

High quality lotion for a good price! On me, lotions either wear off quickly, or they don't absorb into my skin fast enough. This lasts from one shower to the next, and absorbs nearly instantly. Barely detectable scent of oatmeal.