Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 12/4/2007 6:30:00 PM

Not bad at all--smelled oddly of ginger in the tube, but smelled kind of sweet and juicy once I applied it on my lips (although it had no actual flavor) It also left a very subtle hint of color on my lips which is nice, especially in the dead of winter. Took off one lippy because the lasting power wasn't that great but no chief complaints for this one.

on 11/30/2007 11:15:00 PM

Hmm. Not to fond of this lip balm b/c I do not like the fragrance and it leaves my lips feeling a little too greasy. I personally prefer the original Burt's Bees. I like the mintly tingle and fragrance of the original, not this nauseating smell.

on 11/26/2007 7:27:00 PM

This is by far the best Burt's Bee's lip balms. In fact, now that I've discovered it, I find that I cannot go without it. I am sensitive to petroleum based balms, so I've been using the original Burt's Bee's balm for years.

The pomegranate balm has a fruity almost spicy scent, which I adore. (For the record, I despise most of Burt's Bee's products, as I find that they smell too herbal and ointment-like. Not this!) It also goes on pinky-clear and adds a natural, non-gloss shine.

It is extremely moisturizing and like the honey formula, I find it much better than the original formula. (The peppermint oil is drying.) Unlike the honey formula, this does not have a weird lumpy texture and sickeningly sweet smell.

Simply refreshing and moisturizing, I definitely recommend this product.

on 11/26/2007 5:24:00 PM

I THOUGHT I was a devoted fan of the original because I love the refreshing, minty tingle. But this replenishing balm hydrates so much better! I find that I don't have to apply the replenishing balm as often as I did the original. Previously, I tried the honey balm and hated the texture and the smell, so I was VERY hesitant to purchase this one. I didn't want another disappointment. But the smell of this is light and fruity. It glides on easily and leaves your lips super moist and shiny! I feel like I'm cheating on my original! I'm definitely trading up the replenishing for now ... at least through the winter. Maybe in the summer I can revisit the cooling effects of the original.

on 11/26/2007 8:55:00 AM

I have several Burt's Bees products and enjoy most of them. I like the original lip balm, but not so much the strong peppermint. This lip balm I purchased to wear at night so the smell wouldn't be irritating and to give my lips extra moisture. This is my new favorite lip balm! The scent is light and pleasant and fades pretty fast. I woke up this morning and my lips were so soft and smooth. My lips are naturally full, but this plumped them up nicely. The only drawback I've found is that I need to reapply often during the day.

on 11/25/2007 10:13:00 PM

Mmmmm, this stuff is so yummy! I am addicted to the sweet berry flavour and apply this stuff obsessively all day. It leaves my lips soft all day!

on 11/25/2007 12:39:00 PM

I have at least three of these stashed around so I know I will have one wherever I am. I traded the traditional mint for this and this is so much more hydrating. It instantly makes my lips feel better when they are so dry they hurt. Also, it leaves a berry like tint, hardly noticable, but it does make your lips look flushed, I like that a lot. Love the smell, Love the product!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

pretty good. leaves my lips looking red and healthy colored, even though it's supposedly not tinted. smells nice too.

on 11/19/2007 7:51:00 PM

The best lip balm I have tried thus far. I'm not such a fan of the original Burt's lip balm, but this is fantastic. Not waxy, just light and emollient. LOVE IT!!!

on 11/2/2007 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm kinda liking this stuff. Its not waxy and not oily. Its a mix between both so it's smooth application. The scent is nice like a pomegranate (duh), but its not strong nor does it have a sugary scent to it. It's doing a good job of keeping my super dry lips moist and it last for a little bit. My favorite Burts Bees is still the honey I guess cause its a little waxier and lasts a little longer. However this isnt bad if dont like waxy balms and a want subtle scent.

Popular Lip Treatments