July 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOOOVE this lip balm. It doesn't make my lips itch or dry out, like many others do, and it doesn't irritate the skin around my mouth. I love the scent, and my lips feel so soft and moisturized. The only thing I would change is the carmine in it (from beetles)--I just don't think the pink color is necessary.

Definitely will repurchase though!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jsuda7

As someone who was infatuated with Bonne Bell throughout my girlhood, I am particularly choosy about lip balm. I am never without either Chapstick or lipstick. So when a friend gave me a tube after the Chapstick I -like an idiot- keep in my car melted and slopped down my t shirt in June (if anyone knows how to get Chapstick out of clothing, please let me know. I tried "ironing it off" like candle wax-didn't work.), it was a bit disconcerted because it of its lack of waxy weight. But I kept using it anyway because I love pomegranate, I am thinking of starting a cult. Anywho, after using it for a while it is now a fav. It is like Bonne Bell for grown ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by aalleexxandra

I got this in a pack of three full size tubes and a nifty key chain that fits around a tube and looks like the label. All for 5 dollars on clearance. At this point, I was only buying it because I'm an absolute chapstick fiend and I ran out. It was driving me nuts, digging my finger into the bottom of empty tubes to get the last bit out of my chapstick brand chapstick.

Since it was so cheap, I decided to go for it. I'm so glad I did. It smells divine and goes on smoothly. So far, it moisturizes well, and because i have thre tubes, I won't have to worry about running out anytime soon. Also, it went on clear, which I like, and it didn't look greasy like vaseline. I will probably repurchase when the time comes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by gzheng

This does such a great job moisturizing my lips without making me look greasy. Some lip balms are great for moisture but make me look like I haven't wiped my mouth from eating something greasy. I'm not too crazy about the smell/taste but I like this much better than the original formula since peppermint is an irritant.
I will stick with this for quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by gryph

I'm always on the hunt for a good lip balm, and I think my search is finally over! Love that it's in a stick, I don't like putting my fingers in the pot balms. It's extremely moisturizing and lasts a long time. The colour is like a deeper version of my lip colour so looks really nice. I love everything pomegranate so this one is a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best thing I can say is that I got mine for free. This is my least favorite of their lip balms. The texture is far less waxy and therefore doesn't last nearly as long. I found the slickness of it strange. It smells ok. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely marvellous! Excellent long-lasting moisturizing power! Great ingredient list. I did get a bit of a pink tint on my lips (but that works underneath my Prestige lipstick in 'brown sugar' as it was a bit too grey). I also like the scent (I don't like menthol/mint scents).

Another fantastic product from Burt's Bees.. I now prefer this particular lipbalm to all others.. including all other Burt's Bees lipbalms.

Would repurchase indefinitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the second Burt's Bees product I haven't thrown in the trash can.
I really, really like this lip balm. It has a spicyness to it (that I've gotten used to). Not too waxy, it goes on nice and smooth. And it doesn't melt off my lips. I did a test to see what would happen if I didn't use it for a day. For the first time in seven years, my lips stay unchapped for 24 hours. I haven't noticed the red tint other reveiewers have written about. It's completely transparent as far as I'm concered. I think I'd like it much less if it tinted my lips as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupkaty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard about this product for several months now, and I've not been able to find it at any store. I was in Meijer's and was looking around in the makeup section, and discovered they've started carrying Burt's Bees products. I decided to see if they had the Replenishing Balm; sure enough they did!

I've heard people on Live Journal talk about how it was too sour for them. I don't get a bitterness at all. I'm a sucker for anything pomegranate, and I'm falling in love with this balm!

The tube is a pomegranate color and it does the least little bit of tint on the lips. And in my case, it actually lightened my lip coloring. I really smell the pomegranate oil, anise oil and clary sage oil. It's a slight fruity, but more herbal smelling balm. The balm itself glides on like butter and is silky smooth feeling on the lips. My lips have a sensation of really cool and refreshing.

This is a great balm for a cheap price, and I'd definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by flopsbeebs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There was no tester of this, and i hate that, because i have to be surprised, luckily for me, it was a pleasant surprise.

I was soo scared this was going to be one of those menthol, pepperminty, cinnamon'y, gross burning smelly ones. but it wasnt, it was just a nice slick fruity balm. Yay, finally i got lucky on a product i hadnt tested.