November 23, 2014 | 2134 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually love this :D ~I do miss the minty freshness of the original, but what I like best about this new formulation is the higher level of hydration - I don't feel like I need to keep reapplying...there's more slip like a gloss rather than a waxy balm texture. The pomegranate scent is pretty strong and took some getting used to, but it doesn't annoy or bother me at all. I also like the sheer maraschino cherry tint that's left behind. It's flattering against my warm skintone and makes a good base shade for my spice & coral colored lipliners. The only thing that makes it fall short of perfection is the absence of spf. ~~~INGREDIENTS: sunflower seed oil * beeswax * coconut oil * castor oil * lanolin * comfrey root * pomegranate oil * sweet almond oil * anise oil * cassia oil * cinnamon leaf oil * clary sage oil * mandarin oil * tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (VitE) * rosemary leaf extract * carmine * fragrance

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by StoneFamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My local health food store did not have my staple Avalon lip balm so I tried this. I developed contact dermatitis after using this on a daily basis. After reviewing the ingredients list the only thing I can conclude that caused it is the lanolin, carmine or fragrance. How Burt's Bee's can continue to claim all natural is beyond me. Look up the effects of Carmine and Lanolin is an animal by product. Never again will I try anything from this line unless they change some of their ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this lip balm way more than the original minty kind. And I think the smell is wonderful--it smells like pomegranate to me. Gives the lips a slightly pinkish tint too. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Rayaeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this much better than the Burt's Bees Beeswax. This isn't as heavy or sticky. It glides on and is just as moisturizing as the beeswax. I can't say the smell really bothers me and it doesn't last long anyway. As for color, my lips are already pigmented and I don't notice any difference with the lip balm on. Would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by aquariusmoon

I will start out by saying that I'm not a huge fan of Burt's Bees products. However, I bought this because it was different and had pomegranate oil in it. I do like it better than Burt's other balms because it is not as sticky, but I hate the medicine-like smell of it. It smells like bad cough syrup. I also don't like the pink color that it imparts to my lips. I glaze over it with a WnW Pout Protector. That gets rid of the smell and the pink. It does hydrate like crazy, though! My lips are always dry, but not with this stuff. And that's why I'm giving it 4 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jetfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the smoothness and the way it feels going on, just can't get past the sickly sweet smell. Wore it to bed, my husband asked what stinks!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by karlitabooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited when I saw this at Target - $3 for a new flavor of Burt's Bees lip balm. I love pomegranate too, but I was so disappointed! This one is much slicker and less waxy feeling than their others and I cannot stand the smell. To me it smells like cleaning products. I've tried to give it another chance, but I just can't get over the smell. Sorry Burt's Bees!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOOOVE this lip balm. It doesn't make my lips itch or dry out, like many others do, and it doesn't irritate the skin around my mouth. I love the scent, and my lips feel so soft and moisturized. The only thing I would change is the carmine in it (from beetles)--I just don't think the pink color is necessary.

Definitely will repurchase though!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jsuda7

As someone who was infatuated with Bonne Bell throughout my girlhood, I am particularly choosy about lip balm. I am never without either Chapstick or lipstick. So when a friend gave me a tube after the Chapstick I -like an idiot- keep in my car melted and slopped down my t shirt in June (if anyone knows how to get Chapstick out of clothing, please let me know. I tried "ironing it off" like candle wax-didn't work.), it was a bit disconcerted because it of its lack of waxy weight. But I kept using it anyway because I love pomegranate, I am thinking of starting a cult. Anywho, after using it for a while it is now a fav. It is like Bonne Bell for grown ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by aalleexxandra

I got this in a pack of three full size tubes and a nifty key chain that fits around a tube and looks like the label. All for 5 dollars on clearance. At this point, I was only buying it because I'm an absolute chapstick fiend and I ran out. It was driving me nuts, digging my finger into the bottom of empty tubes to get the last bit out of my chapstick brand chapstick.

Since it was so cheap, I decided to go for it. I'm so glad I did. It smells divine and goes on smoothly. So far, it moisturizes well, and because i have thre tubes, I won't have to worry about running out anytime soon. Also, it went on clear, which I like, and it didn't look greasy like vaseline. I will probably repurchase when the time comes.