October 24, 2014 | 1052 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product at first. Then I noticed how drying it made my chin and cheek area. It also doesn't completely match me. I got #65 and for reference I'm NC44 in Mac. It also settles into my pores. I'm probably going to try HD next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This sounds strange but this is actually best suited to dry skins wanting a matt finish. There is just something missing from this foundation. Maybe its because it wears off so easily and the fact that it becomes patchy with oil secretion. Or maybe it’s the fact that my skin becomes so much oilier after using this. I find the HD foundation to be much better for oily skins. I look really shiny with this, even if its just been applied. This is a thick consistency but actually a very light coverage. By the end of the day, it’s all gone or very patchy. If you live in hot weather, this will melt off or sweat off pretty quickly. The HD is much better than this in this regard. The colour selection is great and you are sure to find to a match. I also recommend the GA Lasting UV, which is great for combo skins wanting a matt finish. The packaging is great with a small nozzle and the bottle can be stood upside down so you get all of it out. I don’t recommend this and suggest you try for a week before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Christina5512

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin and this product evens out my face. I have been wearing Mat Velvet for 2 years now. Sometimes I try new foundations here and there but always end up going back to this. It's my favorite and wears well throughout the changing of the seasons. Gave it a 3 in price because it is a bit steep!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic foundation - it was made for oily skin, but I don't see why it couldn't work for all skin types.
I am a self-confessed foundation addict. To me, it's the most important product in any makeup look. I currently own 8, and this is the best one I own, and I own some famous foundations. I have MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse and Mineral Power Powder foundation in Light 1 and Light 2, Dior's Dioskin Forever in Ivory 010, MAC's Studio Moisture Tint in Light, Revlon's New Complexion (old version) in Ivory Beige, Chanel's Mat Lumiere Powder foundation and Meow Cosmetics Mineral foundation. All of them have pros and cons, but I don't hate any of them - in fact I think my collection contains some of the better foundations out there. But this foundation is my go-to, the one I rely on and use the most. I wear it for day and night, because it's fantastic for both. For anything, really.
First off, the colour. It's the closest match to my skin I've ever had - I'm #15, the lightest shade, which is a little too light for me but it's a welcome change from the usual. I might try #20 when I repurchase, which will be soon because I never want to be without this foundation. It's perfumed, but it's very subtle and quite pleasant. The formula is thick and creamy, so pouring out too much is not an option, even if the packaging (screw top cap over a nozzle, out of which you squeeze, rather than pump, the foundation) weren't so good. It's easy to apply with fingers or a sponge or a brush - it's not streaky but it's not particularly layerable, as it can cake up with multiple layers. But I only ever need a fairly thin layer to conceal my acne scars and hint of redness around my cheeks and nose - it's definitely medium coverage, I think it conceals all of my minor imperfections about 80% of my imperfections - which I can leave, looking natural, or cover with concealer. The finish is hard to describe, but I think MUFE did the right thing when they called it mat velvet. It really does make skin look and feel like velvet.
And the staying power, even under oil, is phenomenal. it literally lasts all day and well into the night if need be. I set it with either a light dusting of Meow's mineral foundation (for extra coverage + to dark the colour slightly) or Meow's Top Cat setting powder, and then it lasts and lasts... And my skin is pretty damn oily, as skin goes. I can go the whole day without blotting - I mean, my face will be shiny, but my skin will still look good! :]
It doesn't break me out, either, and makes a great base for eyeshadow. I am positive this will always have a place on my vanity, no matter how many other foundations I buy :]

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by rebelrebel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have the salesperson do a "Color Match" before you buy this as there are a variety of colors to choose from. I like this product because it goes on like a second skin. Would definitely try if you just can't seem to find the right foundation. I was lost, and now I'm found! Hope this help ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by gearslut

I picked up a sample of this at Sephora. I really liked the consistency and the way the product applied but I think I had the wrong colour because it looked a bit orange on me (#40). It didn't stay matte - I had to blot a few times during the day. I found the HD foundation actually made me less oily than the Mat. Unfortunately, I broke out the next day so I won't be purchasing the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is wonderful and really gives you a lovely complexion but the price is pretty high for foundation and how long it takes before you use up the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lwzeman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation...not so thick as to be gummy but thick enough for good coverage. I have used other medium-full coverage foundations that are way too thick and look like a mask, and are extremely difficult to blend. I use this over a good moisturizer and it blends very well, giving me the coverage that I need. The #35 color is a perfect match for me. I have combination skin so I use a little powder to set it and it looks great all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by orientalxxpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this product worked for me! I absolutely adore it, but sadly it broke me out :( if you're looking for a good liquid foundation though I most definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by kokoshanel

I have been looking for a good foundation. I'm asian, and I love how Japanese foundation works/looks on my skin. I used to use Shiseido but I cannot find it around here any more. So I was excited to see the similar result that MUFE's Mat velvet foundation gave me.

The box says:
"Mat Velvet + evens and matifies the skin tone. It's amino acid coated pigments provide both stability and durability to the make-up. The formula, rich in wheat amidon complex coveres imperfections, neutralizes the shiny areas, and leaves a velvet finish. After the silicone evaporation, it's oil-free texture leaves a non-greasy and comfortable finish.