Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/19/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This may be HG status for me. I have super oily skin and had read many good things about this foundation. So being the make up junkie that I am; I decided to dish out the $34 and give this a try. I'm SO glad that I did! After getting the wrong color (70) I got the correct color (75) and I must say that I am very impressed with this foundation. This totally keeps my oilies at bay for the entire day (at least 10 hours). I only ended up blotting my T-Zone, and even then it was minimal oil. Not the oil slick I am used to after a few hours. The bottle is awesome, sanitary and easy to throw in my makeup bag. I can totally see getting every last drop out of this bottle unlike the glass SFF bottle. I love the fact that this is waterproof as well. I wish that I had this foundation when I lived in Las Vegas last summer. I also brought the full coverage concealer and cannot wait to try it. I hope it is as good as this foundation is!

on 1/17/2010 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hated this. First, I couldn't get an exact color match like I did with the HD foundation. Worst of all, this foundation's consistency was just horrible; it felt like glue when trying to spread and apply it to your face. The only thing this foundation had going for it was its mattifying properties. Other than that, its horrible. Ended up returning it.

on 1/16/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really like this foundation. I had previously been using the MUFE HD foundation and while I really like that one as well, I found that it faded off of oily areas (nose, chin) faster than I wanted it to. When I switched to Mat Velvet the first thing I noticed was that its much stickyer than the HD. I have lots of foundation brushes but haven't used my MAC 190 in a long time, but have long back to it because its the only thing that will spread out this foundation. The only con that I can really think of is that I seem to use a lot more of this foundation than others. Gives a really nice coverage that lasts all day (seriously, even on my nose!) So far, I'm really loving this foundation

on 1/16/2010 10:46:00 AM

Best Looking foundation I ever tried! Looks great in anylight and looks like skin and not makeup! It controls my oily forehead,nose and chin. also I can wear this for 12hours and theres still coverage and it still looks good. I only blot maybe twice of the 12 hours I wear this and only powder once. I love the squeeze bottle packaging very conveint and travel friendly only con is the price but this is such a great product i dont mind ditching out the cash. Def. HG status!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

First of all I have to say this is an absolutely wonderful looking foundation. I am so so sad I had to return it for something no one else seems to have noticed in this board... THE SCENT!!!! This is a scented foundation, I wish I would have known... My oily sensitive skin did not tolerate it. If perfume in foundation does not bother you, then go ahead and give it a try, it is beautiful. As for me, I cried all the way to the post office.

on 1/14/2010 11:49:00 AM

Good consistency. It's not too thick. It applies smoothly. The color match is great (thank you Sephora MA), and it doesn't leave me oily at the end of the day. It's my new HG foundation; goodbye Revlon Colorstay.

on 1/13/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation!!! I have never gotten so many compliments! I have acne scars and i also have some flare ups.Im super oily especially my nose and i have had a hard time find something that stays put. I have tried everything. I like my BE matte formula but even w a primer it comes off at the end of the day.I work 12 hr shifts so i know nothing will last forver but i need something that stays put for at lest 8 hours. This has been my savior i do hower cocktail this. I use this w a dense blush brush and let it dry and then i apply my be matte lightly to set it. It looks flawless! The packaging is dumb not a fan especially when u spend 34 bucks on it. Normally when u by higher end makeup u pay for packaging but not this case. Its also a bit pricey but its def worth it. I think its my HG liquid foundation!!

on 1/12/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

With the right skin care and primer I love this foundation on my oily skin , it looks lovely and the colour match is good on my Nc15 skin. It lasts the day in college without looking awful by the end of the day. Already have a back up

on 1/7/2010 11:25:00 AM

I love this foundation! I have extremely oily, acne prone skin and this foundation covers blemishes very well and gives me a flawless look. I believe I use the lightest shade, which blends into my skin perfectly. It stays on very well, but I also use a primer underneath, which probably helps alot. Also, I breakout from almost everything and this so far has not broken me out (been using over a month).

I LOVE this foundation. I'm an NC 15/20 and I bought this in #20 Ivory and it matched perfectly. MAC Studio Fix BROKE ME OUT and I've tested this foundation for 4 weeks and it didn't affect my skin at all! (Just don't sleep in it and use a makeup remover!)

(EDIT: I've used this product for 3-4 months now and it still hasn't broke me out and i HAVE slept in it... a lot. Which is bad. Don't do it. But Normally that would break me out. I mean I have REALLY REALLY acne-proned skin.)

I set this stuff with MAC MSF Natural in light everyday and that combination gives pretty good coverage to my acne-scarred skin. I still have to use MAC Studio whatever concealor. The foundation itself gives medium to full coverage and I disagree with a lot of ppl and I say that it IS buildable. I like the texture this formula has. Normally foundations feel very soupy but this is SO LIGHT! It's like it dries to a powder finish. It lasts for most of the day so I don't bother touching up. I think it definitely helps with oily skin but you still need to blot. I bought this $34 at Sephora so that definitely hurts my bank account but I'm guessing it will last 2 months.

(EDIT: I actually ran out of this at the beginning of march and I bought it at the end of November, so that's a good 3 months of DAILY use. I think it's worth it.)

If I could find something cheaper that's better I'd use that... but I'm not going to waste my money trying a lot of foundations that can't live up to this. MUFE Mat Velvet + is THE BEST foundation I've ever used. I dare say, it's my HG. (I hope this helps you guys!)