Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/19/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't buy this but I did get a color match and a generous sample. I used it for one week.

The color was just perfect, unlike any other. I love that. I also love the container.

My love affair ends with the chalky appearance. I am 32 and too matte looks too old, KWIM?

I may try HD.

on 1/19/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think I'm going to return this. The color is great for my ultra pale skin, but I hate the consistency of this stuff. I just applied it and I am REALLY good at blending foundation in, yet this stuff is practically impossible to work with. I felt like I was trying to spread molasses on my skin it was so thick, and yet you'd think that this would at least give you good coverage, right? No, some redness still shows through but now my skin just looks chalky on top. I used primer before applying this too. Definitely not a "natural matte" look..more like a chalky matte. I have oily skin and I need oil control from a foundation, but I don't want to look like a chalkboard just to get it! Maybe the HD would work better..

I'll give it one point for coming light enough for my skin, but that's about all I can praise it for.

on 1/19/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This may be HG status for me. I have super oily skin and had read many good things about this foundation. So being the make up junkie that I am; I decided to dish out the $34 and give this a try. I'm SO glad that I did! After getting the wrong color (70) I got the correct color (75) and I must say that I am very impressed with this foundation. This totally keeps my oilies at bay for the entire day (at least 10 hours). I only ended up blotting my T-Zone, and even then it was minimal oil. Not the oil slick I am used to after a few hours. The bottle is awesome, sanitary and easy to throw in my makeup bag. I can totally see getting every last drop out of this bottle unlike the glass SFF bottle. I love the fact that this is waterproof as well. I wish that I had this foundation when I lived in Las Vegas last summer. I also brought the full coverage concealer and cannot wait to try it. I hope it is as good as this foundation is!

on 1/17/2010 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hated this. First, I couldn't get an exact color match like I did with the HD foundation. Worst of all, this foundation's consistency was just horrible; it felt like glue when trying to spread and apply it to your face. The only thing this foundation had going for it was its mattifying properties. Other than that, its horrible. Ended up returning it.

on 1/16/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really like this foundation. I had previously been using the MUFE HD foundation and while I really like that one as well, I found that it faded off of oily areas (nose, chin) faster than I wanted it to. When I switched to Mat Velvet the first thing I noticed was that its much stickyer than the HD. I have lots of foundation brushes but haven't used my MAC 190 in a long time, but have long back to it because its the only thing that will spread out this foundation. The only con that I can really think of is that I seem to use a lot more of this foundation than others. Gives a really nice coverage that lasts all day (seriously, even on my nose!) So far, I'm really loving this foundation

on 1/16/2010 10:46:00 AM

Best Looking foundation I ever tried! Looks great in anylight and looks like skin and not makeup! It controls my oily forehead,nose and chin. also I can wear this for 12hours and theres still coverage and it still looks good. I only blot maybe twice of the 12 hours I wear this and only powder once. I love the squeeze bottle packaging very conveint and travel friendly only con is the price but this is such a great product i dont mind ditching out the cash. Def. HG status!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

First of all I have to say this is an absolutely wonderful looking foundation. I am so so sad I had to return it for something no one else seems to have noticed in this board... THE SCENT!!!! This is a scented foundation, I wish I would have known... My oily sensitive skin did not tolerate it. If perfume in foundation does not bother you, then go ahead and give it a try, it is beautiful. As for me, I cried all the way to the post office.

on 1/14/2010 11:49:00 AM

Good consistency. It's not too thick. It applies smoothly. The color match is great (thank you Sephora MA), and it doesn't leave me oily at the end of the day. It's my new HG foundation; goodbye Revlon Colorstay.

on 1/13/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation!!! I have never gotten so many compliments! I have acne scars and i also have some flare ups.Im super oily especially my nose and i have had a hard time find something that stays put. I have tried everything. I like my BE matte formula but even w a primer it comes off at the end of the day.I work 12 hr shifts so i know nothing will last forver but i need something that stays put for at lest 8 hours. This has been my savior i do hower cocktail this. I use this w a dense blush brush and let it dry and then i apply my be matte lightly to set it. It looks flawless! The packaging is dumb not a fan especially when u spend 34 bucks on it. Normally when u by higher end makeup u pay for packaging but not this case. Its also a bit pricey but its def worth it. I think its my HG liquid foundation!!

on 1/12/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

With the right skin care and primer I love this foundation on my oily skin , it looks lovely and the colour match is good on my Nc15 skin. It lasts the day in college without looking awful by the end of the day. Already have a back up