November 28, 2014 | 1907 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my Winter foundation. Even in Winter I am oily, but I also tend to get flakes with the drier air, and my usual mineral makeup looks awful. This liquid is just perfect, creamy enough that my flakies don't show and matte enough to control the oil for most of the day without blotting. I am a #25 Warm Ivory, at least in winter, which looks perfect on my pale to medium skin with pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by melimited

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation i've used that covers my horrible acne scars, i still need concealer though. it stays for about 4 hours then i have to blot...then about 15-20% of the foundation comes off...to be fair nothing stays on my face when i start to oil lol. i'm mac 35...and i use #20 and #35 mixed together, works pretty well. kinda expensive :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMarie077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have found my personal holy grail of foundation!!

1. Doesn't break me out
2. Build-able coverage, never looks like pancake corpse foundation
3. MY PERFECT SHADE
4. covers everything from dark circles to acne scarring
5. Work fantastically well with MUFE HD powder and MUFE full cover concealer
6. fragrance free, water (sweat) resistant

LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it. This is my fave foundation. I love how smooth it looks. Helps control my oily tzone. Doesn't feel heavy. A little goes a long way. There are a bunch of shades to choose from- palest skin to darkest skin can use this! The only thing I'm not crazy about is it dries really fast. So I have to do 1 area at a time, I can't dab it all over then blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the MUFE line of cosmetics and love my HD foundation! (This is one of my favorite foundations) So I wanted to try other products from their line and I chose the mat velvet plus foundation in shade vanilla no.35 since Iím a foundation addict! I have to say I really like this foundation; itís my perfect shade, it covers really well, blends easily and looks very natural and flawless! Not to mention itís a little cheaper than the MUFE HD.I think this is more of a full coverage foundation but it doesnít feel or look heavy at all, it does a great job on covering my imperfections. This foundation is labeled MAT, which I wasnít really sure about because usually I like more of dewy foundation finishes. However on my skin it gave me a slight sheen, which I really liked. I will DEFINITLY be purchasing this product again and again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

This is one of my favorite foundations. It's perfect for oily skin. It gives moderate coverage and is easy to blend (unlike a lot of others I have tried). It looks really natural on the skin too. This is my favorite makeup for daily wear. If I want something with a bit more coverage I still use my Laura Mercier, but I don't think I'll repurcase that once it's used up. This foundation is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mrsrayhall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good. My oilies are still not completely controlled but it's much better than with other foundations I have used. The nice thing is that the mattness created by the foundation and the oiliness of my skin create a nice glowy look as the day progresses instead of leaving me looking like a grease ball. I am still playing around with my application techniques and toying around with the idea of using a primer but don't know if I want to add the extra step. I will update since it has only been two days since I started using it.

Update: I reallly love this foundation. The closest I have come to finding a HG foundation. I still have some oilyness, but I think some of that comes from my hair and needing to tweak my skin regiment. The color is a perfect match and it is very buildable. I have had several compliments on my makeup since I have been wearing this. Next on my list if definitly the HD foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product at first. Then I noticed how drying it made my chin and cheek area. It also doesn't completely match me. I got #65 and for reference I'm NC44 in Mac. It also settles into my pores. I'm probably going to try HD next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This sounds strange but this is actually best suited to dry skins wanting a matt finish. There is just something missing from this foundation. Maybe its because it wears off so easily and the fact that it becomes patchy with oil secretion. Or maybe itís the fact that my skin becomes so much oilier after using this. I find the HD foundation to be much better for oily skins. I look really shiny with this, even if its just been applied. This is a thick consistency but actually a very light coverage. By the end of the day, itís all gone or very patchy. If you live in hot weather, this will melt off or sweat off pretty quickly. The HD is much better than this in this regard. The colour selection is great and you are sure to find to a match. I also recommend the GA Lasting UV, which is great for combo skins wanting a matt finish. The packaging is great with a small nozzle and the bottle can be stood upside down so you get all of it out. I donít recommend this and suggest you try for a week before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Christina5512

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin and this product evens out my face. I have been wearing Mat Velvet for 2 years now. Sometimes I try new foundations here and there but always end up going back to this. It's my favorite and wears well throughout the changing of the seasons. Gave it a 3 in price because it is a bit steep!