November 22, 2014 | 1744 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMarie077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have found my personal holy grail of foundation!!

1. Doesn't break me out
2. Build-able coverage, never looks like pancake corpse foundation
3. MY PERFECT SHADE
4. covers everything from dark circles to acne scarring
5. Work fantastically well with MUFE HD powder and MUFE full cover concealer
6. fragrance free, water (sweat) resistant

LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it. This is my fave foundation. I love how smooth it looks. Helps control my oily tzone. Doesn't feel heavy. A little goes a long way. There are a bunch of shades to choose from- palest skin to darkest skin can use this! The only thing I'm not crazy about is it dries really fast. So I have to do 1 area at a time, I can't dab it all over then blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the MUFE line of cosmetics and love my HD foundation! (This is one of my favorite foundations) So I wanted to try other products from their line and I chose the mat velvet plus foundation in shade vanilla no.35 since Iím a foundation addict! I have to say I really like this foundation; itís my perfect shade, it covers really well, blends easily and looks very natural and flawless! Not to mention itís a little cheaper than the MUFE HD.I think this is more of a full coverage foundation but it doesnít feel or look heavy at all, it does a great job on covering my imperfections. This foundation is labeled MAT, which I wasnít really sure about because usually I like more of dewy foundation finishes. However on my skin it gave me a slight sheen, which I really liked. I will DEFINITLY be purchasing this product again and again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

This is one of my favorite foundations. It's perfect for oily skin. It gives moderate coverage and is easy to blend (unlike a lot of others I have tried). It looks really natural on the skin too. This is my favorite makeup for daily wear. If I want something with a bit more coverage I still use my Laura Mercier, but I don't think I'll repurcase that once it's used up. This foundation is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mrsrayhall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good. My oilies are still not completely controlled but it's much better than with other foundations I have used. The nice thing is that the mattness created by the foundation and the oiliness of my skin create a nice glowy look as the day progresses instead of leaving me looking like a grease ball. I am still playing around with my application techniques and toying around with the idea of using a primer but don't know if I want to add the extra step. I will update since it has only been two days since I started using it.

Update: I reallly love this foundation. The closest I have come to finding a HG foundation. I still have some oilyness, but I think some of that comes from my hair and needing to tweak my skin regiment. The color is a perfect match and it is very buildable. I have had several compliments on my makeup since I have been wearing this. Next on my list if definitly the HD foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product at first. Then I noticed how drying it made my chin and cheek area. It also doesn't completely match me. I got #65 and for reference I'm NC44 in Mac. It also settles into my pores. I'm probably going to try HD next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This sounds strange but this is actually best suited to dry skins wanting a matt finish. There is just something missing from this foundation. Maybe its because it wears off so easily and the fact that it becomes patchy with oil secretion. Or maybe itís the fact that my skin becomes so much oilier after using this. I find the HD foundation to be much better for oily skins. I look really shiny with this, even if its just been applied. This is a thick consistency but actually a very light coverage. By the end of the day, itís all gone or very patchy. If you live in hot weather, this will melt off or sweat off pretty quickly. The HD is much better than this in this regard. The colour selection is great and you are sure to find to a match. I also recommend the GA Lasting UV, which is great for combo skins wanting a matt finish. The packaging is great with a small nozzle and the bottle can be stood upside down so you get all of it out. I donít recommend this and suggest you try for a week before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Christina5512

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin and this product evens out my face. I have been wearing Mat Velvet for 2 years now. Sometimes I try new foundations here and there but always end up going back to this. It's my favorite and wears well throughout the changing of the seasons. Gave it a 3 in price because it is a bit steep!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic foundation - it was made for oily skin, but I don't see why it couldn't work for all skin types.
I am a self-confessed foundation addict. To me, it's the most important product in any makeup look. I currently own 8, and this is the best one I own, and I own some famous foundations. I have MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse and Mineral Power Powder foundation in Light 1 and Light 2, Dior's Dioskin Forever in Ivory 010, MAC's Studio Moisture Tint in Light, Revlon's New Complexion (old version) in Ivory Beige, Chanel's Mat Lumiere Powder foundation and Meow Cosmetics Mineral foundation. All of them have pros and cons, but I don't hate any of them - in fact I think my collection contains some of the better foundations out there. But this foundation is my go-to, the one I rely on and use the most. I wear it for day and night, because it's fantastic for both. For anything, really.
First off, the colour. It's the closest match to my skin I've ever had - I'm #15, the lightest shade, which is a little too light for me but it's a welcome change from the usual. I might try #20 when I repurchase, which will be soon because I never want to be without this foundation. It's perfumed, but it's very subtle and quite pleasant. The formula is thick and creamy, so pouring out too much is not an option, even if the packaging (screw top cap over a nozzle, out of which you squeeze, rather than pump, the foundation) weren't so good. It's easy to apply with fingers or a sponge or a brush - it's not streaky but it's not particularly layerable, as it can cake up with multiple layers. But I only ever need a fairly thin layer to conceal my acne scars and hint of redness around my cheeks and nose - it's definitely medium coverage, I think it conceals all of my minor imperfections about 80% of my imperfections - which I can leave, looking natural, or cover with concealer. The finish is hard to describe, but I think MUFE did the right thing when they called it mat velvet. It really does make skin look and feel like velvet.
And the staying power, even under oil, is phenomenal. it literally lasts all day and well into the night if need be. I set it with either a light dusting of Meow's mineral foundation (for extra coverage + to dark the colour slightly) or Meow's Top Cat setting powder, and then it lasts and lasts... And my skin is pretty damn oily, as skin goes. I can go the whole day without blotting - I mean, my face will be shiny, but my skin will still look good! :]
It doesn't break me out, either, and makes a great base for eyeshadow. I am positive this will always have a place on my vanity, no matter how many other foundations I buy :]

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by rebelrebel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have the salesperson do a "Color Match" before you buy this as there are a variety of colors to choose from. I like this product because it goes on like a second skin. Would definitely try if you just can't seem to find the right foundation. I was lost, and now I'm found! Hope this help ladies!