December 21, 2014 | 1677 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by tommileonard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! I really like that it is a squeeze bottle and is compact enough for travel in my makeup bag. I have an oily t-zone and find myself blotting and touching up all the time. I've used this four times now and realized that I only blotted once in the middle of the day! It dries quickly so I use my fingers then take a brush to smooth it out. Loving this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Lapofluxury

I promise I am oilier than any of you on here. This is my HG foundation for over a YEAR now. I almost want to cry because of how good it is and how much I recommend this product. I can wear it to the gym, run for an hour, and it will still at least have 60% coverage. The best part? It STILL doesn't break me out. Very rarely will I come home, take this foundation off, and find whiteheads. I do recommend however using a primer because it does sink in to pores and accentuate any kind of lines/holes/e.t.c. I love that it is waterproof. It loses a lippy because it really does sink into your pores hardcore if you don't prime. I have horrid acne that I am planning to take Accutane for starting next week but this foundation has saved my social life. If it weren't for this, I would probably have no friends. I'm one of those "before' pictures in "before and after" Accutane lol. If you're an oil slick and have horrendous acne scars, give this a shot you won't be disappointed. (MAC 190 brush for application is my favorite).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by shygirl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I love this foundation. I like it better than MAC's studio fix fluid. It's oil free (I have oily skin) so that's awesome.. also water resistant! YAY!!! It's not heavy & thick on my face which I love =) I still got a little oily around my nose, but NOTHING compared to how oily it gets when using other foundations. The only reasons I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because of the oily nose & also, I think 34 bucks is alot for such a small amount of product. I'll go through this in no time LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Lauraaa

my favorite foundation so far.the packaging is okay, its plastic with a screw on cap so you can carry it around with you. its about $45 canadian. i woudl never spend that much, but my amazing boyfriend bought it for me :)
my skin is pretty stubborn with scars, uneven skin tone. i have large pores with black heads and large pimples here and there. i also have very fair skin with pink undertones and its SOO hard to cover up my redness. not to mention its the OILIEST OF THE OIILY!.
i actually bought the "best of make up forever" gift set that came with the hd primer and the hd silica powder. so with the combination of the primer, foundation and silica powder,i get flawless, SOFT skin (almost) alll day!
before using this, i would use at least 10 blotting sheets every day. but i can wear this stuff all dayand not wonder how shiny my face is. so thats a really good feeling.

it doesnt break me out, doesnt make me more oily, my redness is almost completely gone, and my skin looks more even :)everything ive ever wanted in a foundation. i suggest that you use a foundation brush though as the sponges dont blend this foundation very well!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my Winter foundation. Even in Winter I am oily, but I also tend to get flakes with the drier air, and my usual mineral makeup looks awful. This liquid is just perfect, creamy enough that my flakies don't show and matte enough to control the oil for most of the day without blotting. I am a #25 Warm Ivory, at least in winter, which looks perfect on my pale to medium skin with pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by melimited

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation i've used that covers my horrible acne scars, i still need concealer though. it stays for about 4 hours then i have to blot...then about 15-20% of the foundation comes off...to be fair nothing stays on my face when i start to oil lol. i'm mac 35...and i use #20 and #35 mixed together, works pretty well. kinda expensive :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMarie077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have found my personal holy grail of foundation!!

1. Doesn't break me out
2. Build-able coverage, never looks like pancake corpse foundation
3. MY PERFECT SHADE
4. covers everything from dark circles to acne scarring
5. Work fantastically well with MUFE HD powder and MUFE full cover concealer
6. fragrance free, water (sweat) resistant

LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it. This is my fave foundation. I love how smooth it looks. Helps control my oily tzone. Doesn't feel heavy. A little goes a long way. There are a bunch of shades to choose from- palest skin to darkest skin can use this! The only thing I'm not crazy about is it dries really fast. So I have to do 1 area at a time, I can't dab it all over then blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the MUFE line of cosmetics and love my HD foundation! (This is one of my favorite foundations) So I wanted to try other products from their line and I chose the mat velvet plus foundation in shade vanilla no.35 since I’m a foundation addict! I have to say I really like this foundation; it’s my perfect shade, it covers really well, blends easily and looks very natural and flawless! Not to mention it’s a little cheaper than the MUFE HD.I think this is more of a full coverage foundation but it doesn’t feel or look heavy at all, it does a great job on covering my imperfections. This foundation is labeled MAT, which I wasn’t really sure about because usually I like more of dewy foundation finishes. However on my skin it gave me a slight sheen, which I really liked. I will DEFINITLY be purchasing this product again and again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

This is one of my favorite foundations. It's perfect for oily skin. It gives moderate coverage and is easy to blend (unlike a lot of others I have tried). It looks really natural on the skin too. This is my favorite makeup for daily wear. If I want something with a bit more coverage I still use my Laura Mercier, but I don't think I'll repurcase that once it's used up. This foundation is perfect.