TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 7/29/2009 10:16:00 AM

Pretty good! I like the bottle and the spray nozzle is excelent! It mists your hair so its not all in one huge line of product at your head.ALSO it smells great and leaves your hair soft and smooth. I cant tell if it protects of not...who can?! But to me it seems like its working so I will keep buying!

:D

on 7/27/2009 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had been looking for a heat protectant for when I flat iron my hair. This was the cheapest I could find (I found mine for around four dollars) and decided to give it a go. I've never had a problem with my hair drying out or being damaged from straightening, so I can't speak for it's protectant abilities. However, it does leave my hair a bit stiff, like I spritzed it with hairspray. Some people may prefer the polished sort of look it gives, but I found it incredibly annoying. All in all not a bad product, but I limit my use of it to once a week.

on 7/27/2009 7:44:00 AM

This is a great product! It left my hair staying straighter for longer with the GHDs and it was so soft and shiny.

Even my husband and my male boss commented on how nice my hair was looking since using this stuff...! Time to hit them up for a payrise and a shopping spree maybe??? lol

I like the way it mists the hair, rather than feeling like you are getting uneven globs of the stuff.

The only other heat protectant spray was from the salon and was 3 x the price so I wasn't expecting a lot tbh. It's fantastic that you can pick it up from the supermarket too!

on 7/25/2009 12:37:00 AM

This is the first heat protecting spray I've ever used. I bought it on a whim at CVS where all the Tresemme products were on sale for $3.99. The first day I used it before flat ironing my hair and I definitely noticed that my hair looked shinier and silkier. The next day I used it before curling my hair and I found that the curls stayed all day even though I had run out of hair spray! I do like the fine mist that the bottle produces. Though some people don't like the smell, I think it smells fine and it isn't really noticeable after a little while anyway. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is so good I don't just use it for heat protection. It detangles and moisturizes frizzy ends and softens stiff straw-like strands - just generally puts hair in a more presentable state. Scent is clean and pleasant and light. Can't attest to its heat protection abilities as that's not something quite easily testable.

on 7/24/2009 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A nice product for my fine, straight hair that gets frizzy when I blow dry. The awesome thing about this is that I don't have to use a lot to keep frizzies at bay which is A MUST because my hair is naturally oily. I can't afford to use styling products that will add to the greasiness and this works great!

on 7/24/2009 3:53:00 PM

My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. Living in DC, battling summer humidity on my walk to and from work...can make my hair look like a complete frizzball. I tried this at a friend's house thinking the worst since it's a drugstore brand. I was pleasantly surprised. My hair is soft, frizz-free, holds curl, shiner and more volume than I get from my other assortment of products. (Aveda, BedHead, Paul Mitchell)
Keep in mind - I'm using a round brush while blow-drying, followed by a few curls with a fat curling iron. Straight iron may give different result since it's more intense heat.
Will be my summer go-to this year!

on 7/21/2009 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Decent product.

It is true what they say about it coming out in a fine mist as opposed to streams that soak the hair.

Thats very important if your hair is relaxed. Relaxed hair doesnt do very well if you get it wet after styling it.

Very light weight. In reality the I prefer sallys GVP version of iron guard. Ive found that product more moisturizing and leaves the hair silkier.

I'll be dumping that product in this bottle to experience the best of both worlds.

on 7/16/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It lives up to everything it claims to do for your hair. The smell is tolerable but not that great. But definitely a good buy and great price too! Works just as well as some of the higher priced products.

on 7/8/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this product. Especially the smell! I guess it does protect my hair becayse I've been getting less spilt ends from curling my hair or straightening :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials