Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

Eeeeeek, what a nasty smell!!! .Seriously, bad bad bad. It may work decent, but I can not get past the horrendous odor...GAWD

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for about a week and can see a real difference in my skin! My pores are noticeably tighter and my cheeks (which are usually blotchy/red/irritated) look so much better...not perfect yet but improved enough that I don't cringe when I look in the mirror in the morning. :) The toner was a bit drying at first but it seems to be less so now that I am using a nonsoap cleanser (Eucerin). I am keeping my fingers crossed that this toner will continue to work!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had been using Bobbi Brown's Soothing Tonic as a toner, which I love, but I was looking for something cheaper, if possible. I switched to Dickinson's witch hazel for about 2 months, upon the great recommendations here on MUA. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed. Not only did the witch hazel not maintain the nice skin I had while using the BB, my skin seemed to break out more while using the witch hazel and it wasn't as smooth. To be fair, I used the witch hazel for a couple of months, which was well beyond any purging time if that was what the problem was. Another problem was that I find the smell of the witch hazel totally awful. I was able to tolerate it when I thought it would be providing skin benefits, but when I found that it didn't, I stopped using it. The good thing about the witch hazel is that it's super cheap. The flip top enables you to squirt out just the exact amount you need. So, if you think it's worth a try, go for it - you'll only be out a few dollars if you hate it. However, for toning purposes, I will stick with my beloved BB Soothing Tonic - great smell, does a great job - removes any leftover makeup or residue from cleansing my face, and calms my skin without drying because it's alcohol free. I just love the Soothing Tonic and will never stray again.

I was nervous about using this at first because of the alcohol content, but now that I have been using it for a week I must say I really love it! My skin feels much more balanced, whereas before it would get oily really easily. I only use it at night after I wash my face, and then I apply a benzoyl peroxide treatment afterwards. Yeah it smells different...not awful but not good. But if it makes my skin look good I don't care what it smells like :)
UPDATE: For whatever reason, this makes me breakout. But I'm glad others have had success with it.

My skin loves this. :) Once upon a time it almost cleared my skin up by itself. I can use it all day to freshen up, and there are no cons to it. <3

I don't have pores anymore.
The more you use it the more you're in love with it...
I've been in skin care for years and this is the only toner that makes my face pore-free and keeps it clean and fresh, as well as moisturized.
It only has a 14% alcohol content so its not harsh.
It comes in a large bottle but it really doesn't stop me from taking it everywhere I go.
A must have for any skin care enthusiast's cosmetic case/cabinet.

I have used this on and off for years. I got paranoid at one point cause everyone said you weren't supposed to use anything with alcohol on your face, but I have come to realize this stuff is really wonderful for my face. It's a natural antiinflammatory, it doesn't dry my face out at all. It makes my face feel wonderful and I also think it helps keep breakouts at bay and you can't beat the price. Would and have bought it numerous times.

I love this! I have been having awful problems with my skin lately, hormonal i think I have been trying everything to sort it out but nothing worked. I picked up a bottle of this thinking it won't do any harm and i have only used it for 2 days and already my skin is looking MUCH better, the redness is going, i'm not sure if it will help with the dryness that reappears pretty quickly after i exfoliate, but it looks so much better.
I will buy this again!

I have a very basic morning ritual. I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, put on witch hazel, and then apply tea tree oil. I don't wear make up because I enjoy my sleep and dont want to spend hours getting ready in the morning.

I love this product. I can tell a major difference between when I use it, and when I neglect using it.

The bottle is large, so it will last a long time. It is easy to dispense with the flip top. I don't worry about wasting any when I squirt it on a cotton pad. I even use this product as a first aid product when children visit.

This is easy to find at any store.

Some people on the board are complaining about the smell, but I enjoy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product is a must have. I use it everyday as a toner and its very gentle on my skin. Those other name brand toners are way too harsh on my skin and dries it out very quickly. This does not improve my skin, but it simply keeps it nice and clean.

Popular Face Skincare Products