August 1, 2014 | 1700 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, wow. The answer to my lip product prayers! As an 18-year-old, I don't want lip colour that's too bold. In addition, I have very full lips already so bright colours look rather overwhelming for everyday wear, and gloss just looks messy. This is the perfect marriage of the two. Sheer, slightly glossy (but not as much as an actual gloss) colour, plus it's nice and moisturizing! I have these in Peach Parfait (lovely neutral peach) and Berry Smoothie (everyday neutral pink), and I'm definitely going to pick up a few more colours. Love, love, love!!!
EDIT: I have also acquired Cherry Tart (a nice cool, sheer red), and Lollipop (a perfect bright fuchsia, but not too bright). I continue to be impressed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by princessjyassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wa so excited when I bought these! With no exaggeration, I literally went to 7 different drugstores to find these. They cannot be found anywhere. I found the ones that i got hidden behind the colorburst line that are on sale at Rite Aide. They are quite comparable to the Nivea ones. They are ask moist and creamy as the Nivea ones. In addition, they are lipstick that are lipbalm *makes any sense?* lol I got 3 colors an I love the Peach Parfait. It is like my natural lip color. I also love Pink Truffle. I still hope to find more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by wenluvsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this in 3 shades, and I absolutely love them all! It adds a nice pop of color without drying my lips out like a lipstick does. It doesn't last very long, but I apply my lip products often enough that it doesn't bother me. These are great if you want to have the color of a lipstick with the moisture and shine of a balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like these lip butters. They are very lip balmy and long lasting, surprisingly. I really wanted to like Red Velvet, but it is just too bright for me and it took more effort to get it to look right and not streaky. It is a unique color compared to what I normally go with. Very pigmented so it takes a careful hand when applying and a lipliner is helpful.

I just purchased brown sugar and I'm going to stick with that for a while. It is a nice warm brown shade. I'm very happy with the formula and the color. Very natural looking. No smell. No taste. Pink Truffle and Fig Jam will be my next purchases. Looking for a good sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by zudowdrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have tried it in the color sweet tart and i love it, its soo cute!! i defenitly want all the other colors =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by songy67

An over-hyped product that is mediocre in every way. I appreciate the pigmentation and texture of these, but that's about it. On my lips they are not at all moisturizing and will actually make my lips flake and peel unless I wear a balm underneath. I mean, I wasn't expecting a lip treatment but I was expecting that my lips would not be dried out by something called a 'lip butter'. The packaging looks and feels nice, but the silver tubing tends to wobble and the bullet will smear alongside the edge. It lasts half an hour at most on my lips, which is something I might have forgiven if there was a pleasant scent to entice me to reapply... but there isn't. No scent at all. The shade Peach Parfait is a would-be gorgeous color that they packed with glitter that looks juvenile and feels awful. My favorites are Pink Truffle (a deep rose cream) and Berry Smoothie (medium sheer pink with fine shimmer) which I might be tempted to repurchase in the future since they are cheap and nice to casually tote around. Honestly though, the best way I can describe these is mediocre.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jessica123

I'm glad I kept the receipt. I also bought into all the hype with these products, but they are awful. I tried 4 different shades and the color pay off is better with lipstick, and they don't moisturize, so I don't see the point. It feels like having greasy stuff sitting on top of your lips. It looks gross and feels worse. I tried to make this work, trying it w/ w/out balm, a little, or a lot, several colors, but really this does not live up to the hype. Save your money for some actual balm or some good d/s lipstick. Very disappointed.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these! Are they a replacement for lip balm? No, especially if your lips are prone to chapping and you find yourself reaching for lipbalm multiple times a day. These lip butters are rich and emollient, and comfort moderately dry lips and protect them from the elements but they don't *treat* lips that are already suffering or chronically dry. Which is something that isn't going to bother anyone who approaches these as a cosmetic item but will seriously disappoint anyone expecting a skincare item.

Since I rarely need to apply lip balm more than once or twice a day in order to keep my lips soft and healthy looking, these lip butters work just great for me. They provide enough moisture and cover to soothe my lips if they start feeling parched from the effects of cold, indoor heating or wind which is all I need for them to do as a lip balm.

As a lipstick/gloss, these are a really great product. They feel extremely smooth, lightweight and glossy, have a mid level of shine and pigment and come in really flattering shades. I've bought 6 of them and the only one I hated was Pink Truffle, and even that one just didn't work with my skin tone (pinky beige shades in general just oxidize oddly on my lips).

The darker shades leave behind a bit of a stain behind after the product wears off that's really flattering and postpones the need for reapplication. I can go 3-4 hours between retouches with Red Velvet while lighter shades like Peach Parfait need touching up every two.

I love the packaging too. The transparent matte plastic looks quite chic and makes it easy for me the ID shades floating around at the bottom of my purse. I also appreciate that the tube caps fit very snugly. Lipsticks have a history of losing their caps in my purse which can be a real problem for soft lip products which are easily gouged by other items knocking around in my bag!

I highly recommend this product with the caveat that people have to approach them with realistic expectations. If your lips need a lot of TLC, they're still going to need extra TLC if you use this lip butter. But if you're looking for flattering, glossy, semi-opaque lipsticks these are awesome. I'm so happy with this product and that Revlon is making them permanent! I hope Revlon expands their color selection a little. I'd really love to see a darker plum or berry shade from this line!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I gave in to all the hype. After hearing all the rave reviews saying that this moisturizes your lips like a lipchap - while providing decent coverage - I figured why not!
I love lip products, but hate how they feel on my lips, and this one is no exception.
While I love the colour (I only own pink truffle, but I have tried creme brulee) and how easily it glides on, I hate how it feels on my lips. After wearing it a couple of hours, it makes my lips drier. Not as bad as wearing lipgloss or lipstick by itself, but I hate that feeling.
Also i reapply my lipchap/vaseline with my fingers every hour or so, so getting the colour smeared around on my fingers and lips does not turn out to be very good.
I prefer them as lipsticks, but not for a everyday use, it's just not ideal for me. Also it comes with less product than a lipstick, but I'm paying around the same price! And the packaging is a little tricky. The first time I opened mine it was harder than I had expected!!

It does live up to the "butter" name though, they are so soft that if you aren't care with them (not too much pressure or leaving them in a warm car), they will be ruined VERY easily! And I don't like the shimmer/light glitter in some of the colours.

Not for me, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these! I too picked up mine at Rexall with the buy one get one deal, and picked up cotton candy and cherry tart. Cotton candy is about the same color as my natural lips, but gives a nice sheer gloss with a bit of shimmer.

Cherry tart is a flattering neutral red, it doesn't have any overwhelming blue or orange undertones. This gives my lips a wash of sheer red that definitely looks noticeable and festive, but without being TOO much of a statement lip. I don't usually wear lipstick, and I feel like this looks really noticeable but still feels wearable. I'm going to wear a coat or too of benetint underneath this for holiday parties to get more color and staying power.

Both formulas feel really nice, they apply easily and seem to sink in well, and definitely feel moisturizing like any other lip butter.

One thing--make sure you exfoliate your lips before applying these. I find they do sort of accentuate any chapping. Not on the same level as a lip stain would, but enough so it's noticeable.