August 21, 2014 | 1304 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

First off. Yes, I jumped on the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter bandwagon! I said to myself not to buy it, but I couldn't help myself at a recent trip to CVS. My CVS had a HUGE display of this and two different huge displays. I was in luck, because I have noticed people saying these are hard to find.

THE REVIEW: My first impression was that the packaging is so cute, sleek, and chic. When I purchased them and brought the two that I wanted since it was buy 1 get 1 50% off. I purchased Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy. I opened it and I find the base of the product to be a little hard to control(maybe that is just me). So, anyway, I tested them on my skin as a swatch and they were pigmented like crazy! Definitely more pigmented then I thought. I was actually hoping that these will smell and taste edible, hence the names are foody. And let us thank the makers of Revlon for not making these have that funky smell like Covergirl lip products have.

COLORS: Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy are both shimmery, which I typically do not like, but it doesn't look like I fell in glitter. Strawberry Shortcake is more of a darker pink compared to Cotton Candy which is a really light pink.

I am planning on purchasing more, probably every color. They are one of the best lip products I ever tried from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok i just have to write this review now. Let me first say that these truly are HARD to find at least in my area of the east coast, U.S. I literally went to like 8 drug stores one day to try and find these but no luck. Then I was at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and got lucky. The B, B, & B is about 30 mins away, and I just happened to be xmas shopping there & there they were! I was so excited, plus they were having a BOGO sale, so I bought a bunch. Luckily, I love all the shades I got. Anyway, these are awesome! Moisturizing, pigmented, but they can be sheer, if you desire. They're buildable, so u can achieve that full on look as well. Some of the shades are more sheer than others, and the berries/reds/oranges are much more dramatic. I have Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Creme Brulee, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait, and Pink Truffle. I'm NC35, & I LOVE them all. All those shades suit my skintone well. I dont think they're over hyped at all, they rock. I plan to collect more of them, but I'm gonna wait for another BOGO sale. I certainly have enough for now lol. They were very reasonably priced at B,B,& B at $5.59, plus the BOGO 1/2 off made them quite cheap. They're going for 12$ on ebay tho-ugh! P.S. I just wanted to add to this that other DS brands do have tinted lip balms, yes, that is true, and believe me when I say I have tried them all, LOL> That being said, these are NOT tinted lip balms. NONE of those other products from Burts Bees, CG, Jordana, etc are the same as these! Revlon lip butters are much more pigmented than tinted lip balms, and they are much more like very moisturizing lip sticks, but yet different-they're a lipgloss/lipbalm/lipstick- a lipsti-gl-balm!! There, I've got it, the perfect description haha (sorry I'm an idiot.) I've also been trying these drug store lip products over a decade longer than some other reviewers LOL, so trust me, these are different!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have 8 of these colors already! Thats how in love I am. If you haven't used them yet then you just can't understand how amazing they really are. I have the colors as follows- Lollipop, Gumdrop, Candy Apple, Cupcake, Cotton Candy, Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, and Cherry Tart. I have very pale skin and every color looks amazing on me. Truly super pretty and you can either wear them shear or build them up to more opaque colors. A must have if I've ever seen one. New HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, wow. The answer to my lip product prayers! As an 18-year-old, I don't want lip colour that's too bold. In addition, I have very full lips already so bright colours look rather overwhelming for everyday wear, and gloss just looks messy. This is the perfect marriage of the two. Sheer, slightly glossy (but not as much as an actual gloss) colour, plus it's nice and moisturizing! I have these in Peach Parfait (lovely neutral peach) and Berry Smoothie (everyday neutral pink), and I'm definitely going to pick up a few more colours. Love, love, love!!!
EDIT: I have also acquired Cherry Tart (a nice cool, sheer red), and Lollipop (a perfect bright fuchsia, but not too bright). I continue to be impressed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by princessjyassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wa so excited when I bought these! With no exaggeration, I literally went to 7 different drugstores to find these. They cannot be found anywhere. I found the ones that i got hidden behind the colorburst line that are on sale at Rite Aide. They are quite comparable to the Nivea ones. They are ask moist and creamy as the Nivea ones. In addition, they are lipstick that are lipbalm *makes any sense?* lol I got 3 colors an I love the Peach Parfait. It is like my natural lip color. I also love Pink Truffle. I still hope to find more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by wenluvsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this in 3 shades, and I absolutely love them all! It adds a nice pop of color without drying my lips out like a lipstick does. It doesn't last very long, but I apply my lip products often enough that it doesn't bother me. These are great if you want to have the color of a lipstick with the moisture and shine of a balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like these lip butters. They are very lip balmy and long lasting, surprisingly. I really wanted to like Red Velvet, but it is just too bright for me and it took more effort to get it to look right and not streaky. It is a unique color compared to what I normally go with. Very pigmented so it takes a careful hand when applying and a lipliner is helpful.

I just purchased brown sugar and I'm going to stick with that for a while. It is a nice warm brown shade. I'm very happy with the formula and the color. Very natural looking. No smell. No taste. Pink Truffle and Fig Jam will be my next purchases. Looking for a good sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by zudowdrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have tried it in the color sweet tart and i love it, its soo cute!! i defenitly want all the other colors =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by songy67

An over-hyped product that is mediocre in every way. I appreciate the pigmentation and texture of these, but that's about it. On my lips they are not at all moisturizing and will actually make my lips flake and peel unless I wear a balm underneath. I mean, I wasn't expecting a lip treatment but I was expecting that my lips would not be dried out by something called a 'lip butter'. The packaging looks and feels nice, but the silver tubing tends to wobble and the bullet will smear alongside the edge. It lasts half an hour at most on my lips, which is something I might have forgiven if there was a pleasant scent to entice me to reapply... but there isn't. No scent at all. The shade Peach Parfait is a would-be gorgeous color that they packed with glitter that looks juvenile and feels awful. My favorites are Pink Truffle (a deep rose cream) and Berry Smoothie (medium sheer pink with fine shimmer) which I might be tempted to repurchase in the future since they are cheap and nice to casually tote around. Honestly though, the best way I can describe these is mediocre.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jessica123

I'm glad I kept the receipt. I also bought into all the hype with these products, but they are awful. I tried 4 different shades and the color pay off is better with lipstick, and they don't moisturize, so I don't see the point. It feels like having greasy stuff sitting on top of your lips. It looks gross and feels worse. I tried to make this work, trying it w/ w/out balm, a little, or a lot, several colors, but really this does not live up to the hype. Save your money for some actual balm or some good d/s lipstick. Very disappointed.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No