Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 5/18/2012 6:23:00 PM

This BB cream is just awful. The color selection is a joke, and on top of that it turns kind of orange during the day. It's really a mess. It also makes the sin really oily wich is a problem for people like me. The packaging itself looks a litlle cheap. I am disappointed at Garnier for making a BB cream so bad.

on 5/18/2012 1:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

i'm a follower of asian (mainly korean) skin care and make up, so when every "western" brand started to have their own bb cream i couldn't help but to feel intrigued about it.
this bb cream is more of a tinted moistiruzer, the coverage is very little. for all of us pale girls (i was "150 buff" on the revlon colorstay for combination/oily if that helps for reference) and the light shade is too dark and orangey.
the last thing i didn't like is that the finish is very greasy, and my skin is not even oily!
i don't think i'll try any other "western" bb creams, korean (or other asian) bb creams are so much better in terms of quality, light shades and price!!

on 5/18/2012 11:39:00 AM

I do not write many reviews. I picked this up haphazardly on a buy one get one package from Costco. I think it smells good, but it literally does nothing to even out my skin tone, nor does it really moisturize, but it feels dewey, which makes me skip my moisturizer completely because it makes my T zone oily if I use both. In the past month I am getting more blackheads and break outs in areas I normally wouldn't and it's gone beyond my normal hormone changes because I just had it and normally within 2-3 days post PMS I don't have anymore for the entire month. This stuff makes me break out bad. Going to be giving it away to a friend to try.

on 5/18/2012 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My friend uses this product and she looks gorgeous so I thought I should try it out so I went and bought some because its quite cheap.

I put some of the cream on and I was amazed! A few minutes after I rubbed it in my skin it looked flawless! You could barely see my pimples or dark circles. My skin looked even and my face looked refreshed and smooth. The cream felt light on my skin and made it feel like it wasn't even there. The smell was overpowering but I liked it and after a few minutes it was gone anyway.

My parents don't let me wear make up but this is more of a tinted moisteriser so they didnt care. So if your just starting out in the make-up department or just need to put something on before you head out I would definitely recommend this. If I could I'd probably buy like 20 tubes of this thing!!!

on 5/17/2012 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this, but I don't. I found it difficult to get the right amount of coverage; there was no happy medium. Either it was so sheer that it did nothing, or it started to cake. It also really emphasized any dry patches (that I didn't even know I had!). It also has a VERY strong smell. It's not an unpleasant smell, but it was perfumed enough that it irritated my sensitive skin. I definitely don't recommend this junk.

on 5/17/2012 4:52:00 PM

Was looking forward to having this when I finally found it on store shelves because I really like Garnier Skin Renew with 28 SPF.
BUT, this product looks like mud on my fair skin. The lightest tint has a yellow-brown cast, sits there like grease and feels gooey. I washed it off after a few hours, fearing a break-out because it felt so heavy and uncomfortable.
A big disappointment.
It might work better on darker, drier skin.

on 5/16/2012 6:13:00 PM

Received a free sample to try it out, and I really wanted to like it, but I didn't. It has a smell some might dislike- I thought it was not too-bad smelling, apricotty. It took forever to set, and even when it did, my face looked quite shiny. Not that pretty kind of glow, but really more towards oily. Light coverage, natural looking, except for the oily slick. I guess this could really work for a skin that needs a lot of moisturizing, but it was too much for my skin. Only applied once as it was a sample. Maybe I could get it to work with some powder, but I am not going to buy this product to try that out!

on 5/16/2012 4:30:00 PM

I wanted to like this, but it is absolutely awful. First off it smells awful.. I don't think I like the scent of any Garnier products. I have super fair skin and this is a bit dark, but very blendable. It's SO ORANGE though!!! Not good. I've used this on its own and over primer w/ and without powder, and it always it leaves me oily and my pores look massive within a few hours. I tried really hard to find a way to make this work for me and I could not find one. Very unimpressive product, and it was very expensive for what it is.

on 5/16/2012 4:16:00 PM

I don't often review products unless I really love them.

I tried the Missha BB cream in a few shades and it was too grey for my pale caucasian skin. (I think theirs is targeted at Asian complexions)

I'm a NC20 in Mac, Buff 2 in Lancome, Soft Sand in Bobbie Brown, Fairly Light in BE, and 18 in MUFE HD. (I don't have a foundation addiction or anything....)

First thoughts: The scent is quite strong. But it fades fast. That's one thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars. Also I prefer a pump dispenser, but this one is ok.

Application: Replaces serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen for me. I love the way it goes on, it really evens out and brightens my complexion (I bought the LIGHT/MEDIUM) and feels great on. Dewy without being oily.

I would call it a compromise between tinted moisturizer and foundation. Not as much coverage as a foundation, but more than a tinted moisturizer. And I have noticeable brown melasma spots on my cheeks so I have stuff to cover.

NOTE: No foundation should ever strive to completely cover blemishes. That's not the point. You apply it evenly and then use a concealer (I like Mac Studio Fix in NC 20) to cover any remaining spots etc...

I've noticed that since I've gotten the BB cream (2+ weeks) I've not used my MUFE HD foundation at all. I'm loving the texture & coverage. A touch of concealer, a dusting of either loose powder or my Bobbie Brown compact if I want a more matte finish and I'm glowing and flawless.

LOVE THIS STUFF. Will buy and buy and buy.

It's replaced my Origins Vitazing which I could never use without my foundation over it. No coverage...

on 5/15/2012 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Just fair warning, I've never tried another bb cream so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I like it though. I'm a big fan of tinted moisterizers so was pretty familiar to the sheer light coverage I'd get. Made my skin look , dewy and pretty. Does feel a little heavy/greasy when first applied but soaks in pretty well. It kind of has a strong perfume scent that I dont really like but does fade after awhile. As far as any lasting effects or benefits, I'm not really sure it does anything. Basically seems like nothing more than a tinted moisterizer. I might repurchase but am interested in trying other brands.