Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

not for oily skin, not for the hot days- just not. feels like a regualer cheap sun screen with a pigments in it..:sorry i wasted my money on this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Very few products I buy end up in the bin - the ones I don't use often sit on a shelf or get tucked away in a box, but once in a while a product comes along with is so offensive to my skin, that I have no choice but to throw it away immediately.

Garnier's Skin Perfector is a heavily scented, greasy tinted moisturizer with a low SPF. I don't have sensitive skin and very rarely does a product break me out as badly as this one did - huge, cystic acne on my chin, under my nose and on my forehead. While I initially found the moisture fantastic due to my dry, peeling nose, my entire face looked greasy after a few hours of application, and the color had changed on my face to a point where it was noticeably orange.

In order to improve this product, Garnier need to:

1) Provide some sort of counter-balancing pigment to the extremely orange undertone
2) Remove or reduce the scent
3) Remove or reduce comodogenics

I cannot recommend this product to anyone who doesn't fit the profile of NC30 and above with iron skin and a reduced sense of smell.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this, but it is definitely not for oily, or even combination skin. Every time I tried to use it, my skin broke out.. If I took a break from it, it cleared up a little bit and so goes the cycle so I had to give it away. I did like the finish this gave when I first put it on, especially when set with a powder. It's too bad that this didn't work out for me, but I think it would suit those with dry , non-acne prone skin a lot better.

Not loving this at all, found it on sale for $10 so figured I'd give it a try.

Not much coverage and looks shiny and greasy and I do not have oily skin. It feels oily by the end of the day. I gave it a 3 day trial and I'm going to return it.

Go back to the drawing board on this one Garnier.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am fair-skinned and the light shade was too dark for me by a long shot, even when I applied it sparingly. When it dries, it let my skin feeling sticky. After two uses, I developed red bumps on my nose, forehead and chin. I returned it right away. I will stick to my E.L.F. tinted moisturizer :)

I had a coupon for this at Target and the price was right so I picked up a tube and tried it out. I didn't work for my face as the color is a bit too orange for me. It didn't go to waste however! It is a good match for the darker skin on my chest. I use this on my chest and blend up my neck before I go outside. I found that I was getting a little sunburned at my son's baseball games wearing my v neck t-shirts and this BB cream smoothes out the freckles on my chest and gives me just enough SPF to keep me from getting burned. I'm not sure I'll re-purchase when I'm finished, but I'm glad that I'm able to use this.

To the reviewer above who assumes (wrongly!) that fair shades should never buy tinted moisturizer, I have two of them, one by Smashbox and one by Tarte that are good matches for my skin. I have pink tones in my facial skin and this cream has too much yellow (orange) in it. I also did not buy the wrong shade! With only two colors to choose from, Garnier BB cream is going to be a miss with a lot of wearers-- it's as simple as that!

Surprised this got so many bad reviews. Wondering if users were choosing the correct shade range. I am light/medium (light tan) and I thought this was perfect for me. It's really light, tinted moisturizer. I have no idea what a BB cream is, but I like this one. It is a little oily - but it doesn't turn colors, and it doesn't make me break out. Will repurchase.

My two biggest complaints about this product is that unlike BB cream(The real stuff) it likes to start out Orange on my skin for one thing and takes 10-20 minutes to adjust to my skin...which is not good on the go. Then on top of that it barely covers anything well its adjusting...so you won't even know how much of it is covering something until you've had it on for atleast 5-10 minutes. It also tends to look very powdery when you set it and if you don't set it it looks extremely dewy.

Unlike most products it actually sorta stays on my skin though which is quite impressive...so I'm quite on the fence with it. Another plus to it is that when it does adjust it perfectly matches my skintone which is near impossible considering I am practically white but not white enough to be white...this means with almost every foundation out there...they are all too dark.

So this is a 50/50 for me

this broke me out terribly along my jawline. Its coverage was alright, it didnt make my skin greasy, it just broke me out??? I am 32, and have maturing skin, it shouldn't have broken me out. I haven't used the Korean BB creams yet but have a bottle on the way. Hope they are better than this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At the risk of sounding disturbingly enthusiastic, this is the skin product that flat-out changed my face. I know a lot of ink has been spilled on this product already, so I'll cut to the chase:

• This might not be a "true B.B. cream" in the South Korean sense of the phrase, but guess what? It still works magic on my combination skin, so semantics can go fly a kite. It's basically tinted moisturizer, I guess. That's not a bad thing!

• I used to pay $7.99 for 1 oz of CoverGirl foundation that was packed full of talc and hideousness. Compare that to $12.99 for 2.5 oz of Garnier, and I'm saving about $2.79 per ounce of product. (I used to get the CG stuff because it had the lowest sticker price. Go figure. Math > Everything.)

• Regarding talc . . . it's not in the Garnier product, so you can expect your combo skin to clear up like mine did. Like, within a week. It's pretty exhilarating to have clear skin for the first time in over a decade, let me tell you internet.

• You can get the last drop of cream out of the container without resorting to lunatic measures! The CoverGirl foundation I used to sue comes in a glass (or glass-like plastic) bottle, and the product stuck to the sides even if you held it upside down for a week. You probably lose $1 worth of foundation per glass bottle just because it won't come *out*. Not so with your squishy plastic tubes. Thanks, Garnier, my neurotic side appreciates it.

• I'm not sure what "shade" my skin technically is, because I am still pretty new to this whole "makeup" thing, and also because I get different answers each time I ask the nice ladies and gents at Sephora -- but let's just say that it's about as pale as Snow White's legs at the end of a long winter when all she's worn are sweatpants. And this stuff looks natural on my skin. Yeah, it looks orange in the container, but it blends out on your face. Honest.

• If they discontinue this . . . I'm going to cry.