April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

(There are also reviews for the Medium/Dark shade separately...).

I'm impressed. For a drugstore product, this is impressive. I've never used a B.B. cream before-- so I don't know how this measures up to Dr Jart or other more established brands-- but it's great on my skin. And for the price (I got it on sale, for less than $10), it's very good indeed.

I am extremely pale (I'm a Bobbi Brown 01 Porcelain or Laura Mercier Tender Rose kind of girl), and this completely blends into my skin. I was at a department store beauty counter today, wearing this, and the SA told me "you've got beautiful, perfect porcelain skin." So, I guess this works, even on us ghastly white people.

It blends easily, and does a good job evenly skin tone. I still use a concealer on my nose, where I get very red, though. (I'm still looking for a good concealer to provide the coverage I'm looking for on the sides of my nose, though).

I still need a moisturizer underneath this, because I'm very dry, and I've also added an additional sunscreen on top. There hasn't been a problem, and everything has remained natural looking, even in direct sunlight. So, in all, I'm very pleasantly surprised.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I just can't understand how people can like it. In my case it provides 0 coverage, 0 staying power, 0 oil control, but it does cause quite a few clogged pores, pimples, oily face and disappearing make-up before it's lunch time. I can't help but compare it to my Missha signature bb-cream and I strongly recomend it over the Garnier one. Garnier's version has nothing to do with real bb-creams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really cannot understand the uproar as to whether or not this is a "true" BB Cream. As if the term represents some medical miracle or holy ointment. The ads represent exactly what the product is.
It is a mineral tinted, vitamin C enriched, products that provides moisture and a degree of SPF protection.
The cost for the amount is very reasonable.
Pros:
Evens skintone
Lasts at least eight hours, more if primer and powder is added.
The vitamin C has actually lightened the uneven tone and the spf works well.
It looks very natural.
Can be used as a primer or a foundation. Because it provides ample moisture, it really requires no additional moisture providing product. A plus in my book.
The tones are sheer and with a little practice one can determine the right amount for the coverage desired.
Price. This stuff is very inexpensive given the amount provided.
Cons:
Fragrance. If you are fragrance sensitive then you really should avoid any and all products containing fragrance.
This product was designed for a Western market, so it is not aimed at the same target marget as a BB cream made in Korea per se. The idea behind BB creams is to provide all in one products that provide an immediate improvement to the look of skin, protect from environmental damage, provide moisture and improve skin quality.
This product delivers on all accounts.
How dare a French cosmetic producer borrow great ideas from other parts of the world, and adjusting the benefits to a different market (sarcasm).
Check out my profile pic. I am wearing it, and I am male. My skin has improved greatly since using this product. BTW, the traditional BB creams I have tried (no names mentioned) left my skin looking grey and dull. Southern Italian tones I am sure were not the target market. I am sure these products work exceptionally well for the target market, just as the Garnier product works very well for me.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was expecting the reviews for this product would be a court trial regarding its BB cream-ness. It's true Garnier should have refrained at using the term as the buyers are generally today (thanks to Youtube gurus and many sites where you can buy BB cream from) quite aware of what a BB Cream is even outside Asia. First of all apart from EL Idealist serum I have never used a product that would actually be as miraculous as it claims, ever so my lack of faith has lead me to never try the REAL BB Creams because they promise too much and the only reference is "look at the Korean actresses" which means not enough for me (actresses can wear a lot of invisible makeup and powder and etc, while filming or in pictures and of course they will never admit it). So my review will not clear the case regarding to the question of whether this is a BB Cream or not, I will only review the product itself.
As a tinted moisturizer this is an amazing product for me in comparison with the others I tried:
Dior Hydra Life (very strangely bad product for its price, oiliness is the least of its problems, blotchiness and uneven texture add up to it)
Stila TM - definitely left an unwanted (for my skin combo with oily T) shininess on my nose and under sunlight it felt quite uncomfortable)
Benefit TM - too heavy and during summer very cloggy on my pores
Nivea TM - blotchy and shiny and light color does not blend in my skin so it's too dark
Bioderma TM for oily skin - light color too dark and it did not uniformize my skintone and it left an unhealthy cast on my skin and it did not even control oiliness.

Givenchy Hydrasparkling TM - this was actually good, very hydrating, uniformized skintone, blends in well, I can see my skin looking smooth after using it, minimized the appearance of enlarged pores.

The Garnier product reminds me a lot of Givenchy Hydrasparkling in effects and appearance, and need I say more about the difference in the price!? Sure Givenchy smells way better which does not mean Garnier smells bad, it's just not the same HE perfume but the effects are the same. For a drugstore product to be this hydrating and not clog pores and unify skintone (Garnier even does a better job at it), and last as well as the Givenchy product, who cares that it's not a BB Cream? It's a really good tinted moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Light, Garnier sent it to me. I tried it on its own after cleansing as well as after using a light moisturizer. It managed to look pink on my NW20 complexion (??), brought out flakes, made my skin feel uncomfortably tight, and didn't smooth over pores. Awful stuff. I also despise the undereye roller as it gathers in fine lines and dries out the skin even after I've packed on undereye cream (I'm 24). Avoid. If you like the idea of evening out, brightening and moisturising the skin, try a high end Tinted Moisturiser or something that will last a long while like MAC or MUFE Face & Body.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just-OK for me; I probably wouldn't repurchase. I've grown to avoid tinted moisturizers and the like from bad experiences in the past, but since this promised some extra benefits and was relatively cheap, I figured, why not.

This doesn't do a heck of a lot for me that tinted moisturizers don't do. The only minor difference I can see between the days I wear this and the days I wear my normal moisturizers is that there's that wee hint of color, but only if you look up close. The Light is still a bit darker than I'd like (I'm close to an NW15). It does feel a bit heavy/greasy for my skin, which is oily but takes most light-to-medium lotions OK.

Bottom line--this may have some skin-improvement functions, but nothing that my other creams don't do without the heavy feel. I can't really speak to the coverage since those creams do quite a good job of keeping me clear. This isn't a bad product, but I probably wouldn't repurchase. It's just nothing special to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by kick007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros are:
1. The price! You get a lot (1.69 oz) for little money. (I paid around 10 $)
2. The feeling of lightness and hydration on the skin
3. Evens out your skin so it's great for ladies with minor imperfections.
4. So called "skin healing" properties. I have to admit my skin looks much better since I've start using this product, and it doesn't have to be because of this product, but I like to think it helped.
5. Skin feels soft to touch.

Cons are:
1. The coverage is too light, so if you have some blemishes, acne scars, under-eye circles etc. to conceal this cream just won't do it's job
2. When you put it on your face it's too shiny so i blend it with my MAC 187SE brush , and that's when it settles in a bit better, and gets less shiny.
3. Lasting power isn't that good, on my skin it starts vanishing very quickly (especially when the weather is hot) so when I come home after a long day out the cream still holds on, but my critical areas (acne scars, redness, and under-eye circles) aren't covered anymore. So if you want to extend wear of this product, settle it with loose powder, baby powder...

Overall I like this product, even though it has a few cons it's worth the price. Also some people say that the smell is to strong and that only two shades being available is a big problem. The smell is a bit artificial and fruity-like but I don't see this as a problem because the smell evaporates quite quickly. Concerning the two shade range, it could be a problem for either very dark or very light toned people. I bought medium , and I am tanned but not too tanned (not as tanned as J.Lo , or Beyonce). The medium shade was a bit too dark for me, but I'm managing to pull it off if I blend it in properly ( my chin, and in the part close to my ears and jaw). Then you can't really tell that it's too dark for me, it looks like the healthier and bit more tanned glowing version of my skin. Also as the time passes this cream evens out with your skin tone.
I would not buy this again right now only because I'm looking to try out some other bb creams , and tinted moisturizers Perhaps with better staying power , and waterproof because as weather gets hotter every day this bb cream melts more. (Now I want to buy the Stila sheer colored tinted moisturizer in SPF 20) But in a future I might end up buying this again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product. I recently went to Hong Kong a hauled a ton of BB Creams and among my favorites is this one. It is very light and feels like you have nothing on, unlike some BB Creams that feel like foundation without even giving you the coverage of a foundation. It is very blendable, however, you will need a little more than a pea size amount all over your face because it will be absorbed into your skin easily. I use my fingers to smooth this one out because I find it'll give me better coverage compared to using a buffing brush or my beauty blender. For reference I'm an NC 25-30 and I use the lighter one (there isn't a darker option available in Hong Kong) and it fits perfectly. But in terms of its claims, I haven't really seen much except for the sheer coverage it gives me. But I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Marjorie7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Garnier introduces it's first BB Cream, Miracle Skin Perfector. Multi-benefit skincare that combines intense hydration with tinted minerals and vitamin C HOW IT WORKS A combination of Hyaluronic Acid, Lipidure Microspheres + Glycerin retains water in the skin, allowing it to maintain superior moisture levels and improve softness and suppleness of skin for 24hours. Vitamin C provides antioxidant properties, boosts radiance and luminosity of skin. Mineral Pigments delicately and immediately beautiful skin. The rich pigments instantly melt and spread flawlessly over skin. Originally used in Germany by dermatologists, the "Beauty Balm" aka "BB" helped protect, soothe and refine highly sensitive skin while providing light coverage. Later, Korean film stars found this all-in-one product as the perfect cosmetic.Once the women of Korea discovered the skincare secret of the stars they all wanted it. Today the BB craze has spread all across Asia, Europe ans Australia, where women deem BB their ultimate beauty secret. Available in 2 shades : Light/Medium& Medium/Deep evens tone hydrates renews protects brightens Available in 2 Shade I was so excited to try this product when it came out, Now I like the fact it goes on smooth and has sheer coverage with a tinted moisturizer. Also it has a low SPF 15 in it, Even out the texture of your skin, Easily blends into the skin. Easy to apply. Quick flawless coverage with a little tint, Great for people that don't need a lot of coverage, This BB cream to me is not a typical BB cream. BB cream are supposed to be an all in one product. This Garnier BB cream to me acts better as a Tinted Moisturizer. Because I find it is great for a sheer coverage but not great as a BB cream, Having said that I would recommend it, #1 It's a great price & it also is a moisturizing Foundation & it comes in a nice size flip cap bottle. And it leaves your skin with a nice dewy glow. Please check this Garnier product out for yourself. Its worth trying it, Ty for taking the time to read my review, And please feel free to leave a comment. *+* Disclosure: I am apart Bzzagent, a word-of-mouth program that sent me the product free of charge. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by jm02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this today and personally I really like it. Yes, I do have oily skin, but I decided to give it a try regardless. So, what I do is my usual cleansing, toning, then use Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer, primer, and finally the BB cream. It doesn't give you a full coverage finish, so I do use concealer and Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Pressed Powder. I have fair skin with a lot of red scarring from acne and this works well for me and I love that I don't have to wear foundation! Looks natural too.