October 25, 2014 | 1502 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On the fence about this one, as the cream looked great on at first and then it seemed that it was too dark for my skin. Not only that, I had an infection near my nose and eye lids where I put the cream and I think I may be allergic to it, not sure whether this was the culprit or not. Will brave it out and try again once my infection is cleared up, but will have to wait and see and do an update soon.

Update: I'm upgrading this to a four lippie, cause the effect is very nice, once the stuff settles. I think the key with this is to apply very sparingly, at least at first, and go from there. Btw, the infection I got prior, with my first application, has nothing to do with this, that's good news.

Well, I am now downgrading to a 2 lippie after the orig. 4, as this made my skin break out and is way too oily for my normal/combo complexion. Am now trying the Youth Code version in light and hoping it works. Oh, did I mention that this is too dark for my light skin? I stand by this rating since I have now tried L'Oreal's Youth Code version in light which is faaar better in terms of keeping my skin oil-free and the effect is a brighter, more matte and renewed clarity facial skin. No way would I buy the Garnier version again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lilipusion

To get things straight I actually haven't bought this product. I got a sample of it in my Glow magazine (you get the magazine since I have a Shoppers Drugmart optimum card).
It's the first B.B. cream I've tried, so I wasn't sure what to expect of it. I've heard good and bad things about B.B. creams so I wasn't expecting that much.
Boy was I in for a suprise...
The product glided on my skin perfectly and all I used was my fingers to blend it in. Unlike some foundations or concelors, it didn't leave any residue nor did it cake my face. It gave my skin a natural glow, and I was lucky that it actually was my natural skin color because I know the color choices are limited to two kinds. I didn't need to use a concelor for under eye bags or for any blemishes, the cream covered it all up perfectly.
The one thing that I noticed was that after the first ten minutes my skin felt a little oily. And considering the fact that I don't have oily skin, I was a little alarmed at first, but when I came on here to look at reviews I saw that other people were having the same problem.
So I'm still contemplating on whether or not I should buy this. Because although it does everything a foundation/concelor/powder does it leaves my skin feeling oily which I don't like.
The packaging in this picture looks ordinary enough, I'm not sure though how big it actually is. But I do know that even the tiny sample I got was more then enough to cover my face, there was a ton of product in it so I imagine the actual product packaging will as well. I'm pretty sure the price was around $14.00 so I think it's a pretty good price for what it is.
Anyways, hope if you have bought it you enjoy it, and DEFINATELY don't buy this if you have oily skin. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cheangster

I don't love this product. It looks a bit orange on me. The coverage is veryyyy sheer and makes my skin feel kind of oily.I don't think it's THAT bad, since the idea of BB creams are relatively new to North America.
It's alright, but I think I'm going to stick to my Lioele water drop BB cream. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hivanessa28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I almost didn't buy this BB cream because of all the negative reviews; however, I also received that sample in the magazine and liked it. So I bought the product and its my "go to" makeup right now; I have maturing, but still oily skin. What I understand is the more mature your skin is, the more you will love this BB cream. Like the previous reviewer, it doesn't settle into wrinkles (yeah!) and smooths out older looking skin. I was worried about the color; sort of a tint of orange? but it doesn't look like that on my face. Its far more believable than any of my (expensive) foundations... they can look cakey even if I dilute them with moisturizer. This BB cream covers rather well when I want that 'natural' look, I do still need to use concealer on the age spots; but would with foundation, too. I've only been using this one week, but so far, its the best bang for the buck for skin coverage.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a surprisingly good product. For the inexpensive price, I wasn't expecting a miracle cream, but this covers amazingly well. It does tone and even out my ruddy skin complexion. SPF 15 is a joke, so I add an additional higher SPF sunscreen product over Skin Renew when going outdoors. I just bought my second tube of this yesterday.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Pnko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I applied it I instantly felt like my face was on fire! I didn't wash it off..I left it there for several hours to see what happens. The burning stopped but I then felt like I was so greasy it was awful. Even after washing it off I was so oily and that's weird because I have dry skin!
Plus it covers ONLY the very light discolorations.
I wish it worked for me!I loved the idea and the price..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am crazy about this product! I am pretty makeup savvy but had never heard of BB Creams until I found a sample and coupon for this in a magazine. And wow am I glad I tried it. It covers just enough and seems to make my complexion glow without adding shine to my already oily skin...also makes my skin feel softer. Give it a try if you want a bit more coverage than tinted moisturizer. EDIT: I've been using this for almost 6 months and I haven't even thought about going back to any other foundation. When I was tan during the summer, I just bought the dark shade - no worries. I feel like this is MY skin, only better! If you're looking for a lot of coverage, this might not be for you, but if you want something that covers and enhances, try it out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sarahcoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was not the product for me...the color was too dark, it got oily easily, and did not really have the priming effect I hoped for with a BB cream. Fairly pricey for the result. On to the next!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

For me, this product was all smell and no substance. This is my first BB cream that I have tried, and since hearing and reading postive reviews on them, I thought I'd give this one a try as it was reasonably priced (it was on offer at the time I bought it). Firstly, I thought that BB creams were supposed to be like a substitute for your foundation? Maybe I'm wrong but I could never wear this alone. For one thing, it turns my skin an unnattractive shade of orange, even though it is in the shade 'light', so I presumed it was for paler complexions. Also, I found that if I tried to apply it the way I would a foundation, it looks even worse, i.e. even more orange! So I have to faff about rubbing it in with the tips of my fingers and really working it in order for it to look halfway decent. It wasn't so bad when I put foundation over the top, but I didn't really like doing this as I found I got a small amount of spots afterwards. I wouldn't say it really improved the look of my skin dramatically, it just looked as though I'd applied a really thin layer of orange foundation! Never a good look. I thought the smell was nice, but that was about the only thing I really liked about this. Would not buy again, because I don't even think I'll be getting through this one little tube anytime soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by onoriki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really was excited to get this product as I had never used a BB cream and there's not much variety in the way of BB creams here in Oz. I've used this on anf off in the last few months. i used it quite often when I first purchased it out of pure excitement, but I have very dry skin. I tend to get very obvious dry spots if if not wearing a good moisturiser. I like the consistency and I like the smell of this, however, it did emphasise my dry spots.. not good. I tried using a good moisturising base underneath and then this on top.. not sure if I was suppose to be doing this from the get go - call me ignorant if i was suppose to - even so, it didn't make much difference. Still coming up with dry spots within a couple of hours. The colour itself, as it only comes in two shades, I got the darker shade as I am a darker individual (NW45 in the summertime) was perfect, can't fault that. It is quite brightening and looks good on, wouldn't say it corrects all blemishes but its not what I was quite looking for, or expected.