December 19, 2014 | 1508 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by dollyhorse101

I quite like this product actually! I think of it more as a tinted moisturizer but a bit better for your skin, plus I find it looks a bit nicer (nice glowy, dewy look). I don't have particularly bad skin, just a bit of an uneven skin tone, a little reddish sometimes, so this is nice to just even it out and make my skin look nicer and glowy! I don't find it to be thaaaaat moisturizing though so most of the time I'll mix it with my moisturizer or moisturizing face sunscreen (for summer) and it works beautifully! I do think this BB cream does what it claims on the packaging (Don't have it with me so I can't remember exactly what it said but it had to do with evening skin tone, giving a nice glow, and rejuvenating skin, etc... Can't remember!) But I do love it, its so light and perfect for a quick, easy way to make your skin beautiful without much effort!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, this product was okay. I bought it on a whim at Target because it was on clearance or marked down & I have never tried a BB cream before so I figured I would try it out. I have been using it 4-5 days out of the week for 3 weeks. I have little to no acne issues but a lot of hyperpigmentation, by the way.
--------------
The consistency is very lightweight (comparable to a tinted moisturizer) and blendable with fingers (I've not tried with a brush or sponge). The coverage is not much if you are looking to cover up freckles, age spots, etc. I wouldn't know about blemishes though. It did not cause me to breakout nor did it cause any noticeable extra oilieness in my skin, then again my skin is dry/normal.
--------------
When it comes down to it, what I really liked was that it had an SPF 15 in it and that it was so incredibly lightweight that I felt as if I was not wearing makeup. I also liked the tube it came in, very practical. I think people with little to no skin issues could benefit from this, to add an airbrush sort of look to their skin. But if you're looking to correct moderate - great skin issues, this is not the stuff you should be looking to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by chanimale

I have tried some BB creams, both western and asian ones. This is by far my favorite BB cream from the western lines. It does what it's supposed to do.
I was a little bit worried at first because when I squeezed out the product, the texture seemed to be thick. However, once I put it on my face, it spread easily (The way I put on most BB creams is by dabbing them, as suggested by one of my friends).

This BB cream covers my face really well, even though it has sheer coverage. I have pores and redness on my nose, as well as pimples on my chin. This cream covers everything well and the product doesn't sink into my pores. It's not cakey at all. It also lasts a long time (8 hours or more, in my case).

I would definitely buy this product again, it's much cheaper compared to the other western lines. I gave it a 4 only because it doesn't have a high SPF and it's not recommended more for someone with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by GigiColette

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this really bad. Boy what a disappointment. When I put it on, my face burned like crazy. I immediately washed it off. I was afraid it would give me breakouts or a rash. I want to stress that this type of thing NEVER happens to me. The only thing I can think of is that I use a .15% Retinol product and occasionally an AHA serum. Fortunately, I didn't break out. This goes in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have the US version that came in a sample. I found through a website how to get a free sample (with a coupon). Well I had thought they'd give me a tiny tube or something more. I was given two shades and they were in that little bit of foil (?) that magazines have for their "samples". In other words this was barely enough for my entire face. So I'm not sure how accurate this review can be with such a little sample and the fact that I only wore it for about 3-4hrs. I don't know how well it holds up to oil. I do have to say that this covered a lot though. My orange-rind cheeks were pretty covered and I liked how flawless that looked. As for redness this doesn't tend to cover that so well. It does glide on very nicely. Doesn't stick to flaky skin or pimples (made my healing spots look less obvious). Over all this is a decent product. It gives a light to light-medium coverage. It does cover large pores but not redness. It probably wouldn't fully hide acne either or dark under eye circles. So those looking for a medium coverage may not like this. Then there's the color. I am pretty pale with yellow undertones (a little lighter than NC15). So I didn't expect this to match. I tried the medium and it was pretty dark on the back of my hand (just had to swatch it). Then I tried light and it matched nicely. I do have to say at the end of wearing it I could see spots that were darker than others. I'm not sure if that means it oxidizes but I could tell (I'm sure my boyfriend had no idea though). I truly wished this covered a little bit more than it does. So I'll probably not be using the coupon that came with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i reviewed this a while back. i hated it. but recently my mom was watching Dr. Oz (she follows him religiously) and he brought on a lady who was talking about bb cream and how fabulous it is for your skin and how it fades dark spots (which i have an ample amount of). being a good mother she obviously no longer wants me to suffer with my spots. so bless her heart she went out and got this for me not knowing that i had previously bought it and hated it. however i got it in light/medium. she bought it in medium dark. i got the lighter of the two because i usually fall into the fair medium category, rarely ever a solid medium.

the darker one looked super intimidating because, well, it's quite dark in the tube! but after it oxidizes it looks like my skin! the light one made me look ashy O_O i may be a black person but like i said i'm pretty fair, and have never experienced that problem before

the coverage is fine. it feels very light. it doesn't cover my spots completely but i never expected it too. there is definitely a fragrance. it's very flowery and pretty. i don't mind it.

i like this a lot. it's a good alternative to heavy liquid foundation. funny how a change in color changed my mind.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by wintersfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm someone who has heard for a long time about the Asian BB creams in the past and only recently started testing them. With this product, it doesn't seem to have the same amount of coverage as the BB creams I've tried in the past. It is more close to a tinted moisturizer (which I used to use regularly) then a BB cream. I have to say, with BB creams from Asia with the same price range, you get more bang for your buck (like higher spf, anti-wrinkle, brightening, oil control to name a few). For Canada's first, it was sort of a let down for anyone who hasn't tried a BB cream. This might even turn people away from trying more legitimate BB creams if this product is their first experience with it.
I'm a little disappointed that this product is unlike the BB creams from Asia.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I quite like this!! I'm 45 with dry, pale skin. I have large pores on my nose and the typical creasing for my age. I have one small area of pigmentation on my right cheek which doesn't bother me, so I don't try to cover it. I use the Cosmetic Skin Solution Vit. c serum, a Eucerin anti-pigmentation moisturiser (spf30) and then the Garnier BB Cream in LIGHT. It doesn't smell delicious, but it isn't disgusting. I find it doesn't cover, but rather it enhances my skin. I don't need much, but it does do a good job of making my skin more even toned. I find the finish to be quite dewy and the color is fine on my face. I wear 51 in Healthy Mix and B10 in Vitalumiere Aqua. I wouldn't necessarily wear this if I wanted a flawless look...but it works very well for me as an everyday face fixer upper.
UPDATE: I have been choosing this over my CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua. No breakouts...just nice, smooth skin. Someone commented recently in how even my skin looked. I am almost 46 and really don't have anything to hide. I don't know exactly HOW it works, but it just makes everything look better! A real keeper! I'm wondering if this isn't suited for younger, more oil prone complexions as I am extremely pleased all around.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I knew this would be pure crap before it came out. A Western brand making their own BB cream? You've gotta be kidding me. As expected, it doesn't have all the benefits Korean BB creams have (whitening, high SPF, anti-acne, scars healing, anti-wrinkle... etc). This is just your regular tinted moisturizer with a low SPF and a orange tone that makes you look like you had a terrible sunburn.

My mum bought this for her in the "light" shade and I just tried on my face to see the results of one of the worst products I've tried to date: it leaves your skin oily and sticky, it clogs your pores, it has this horrible orange color that doesn't suit me and it smells nasty. Plus, it is too obvious you're wearing something. More than leaving you a dewy skin, you look like a light bulb.

For some reason, Western cosmetics brands like to think people here like to be "tanned" all the time, which is not true. Most drugstore brands make orange foundations/tinted moisturizers (at least in my country, I know you get more options in the US, for example). Unless you spend tons of money on a MAC or MUFE foundation (just to mention some) you never get to find a light shade in the common drugstore brands, which is a shame.

11 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I admit, I bought into the hype. Thankfully, I bought into the hype at Ulta, so I was able to take it back.
I have used tinted moisturizers in the past (BalmShelter is a favorite) and like the concept, but often find that I need just a little more coverage (I am normally a powder foundation girl). I thought I would give this a try since everyone is raving about BB creams, including this one.

I had the same problem many had with this, which is that the color is off for my skintone. It's a little too dark, and too pink. I am warm toned and fair but even with a little summer color this clearly doesn't match.
Also, it got greasy ("dewy") fairly quickly, even though I have dry skin. I didn't notice any changes - positive or otherwise - in my skin after using for a few days. So it didn't have any discernable skin care benefits, nor did it work well as a "makeup", both because the coverage was too sheer and the color didn't match.
This product might be worth another shot if they upped the SPF protection and expanded the shade selection, but for now I am less than impressed.