Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 5/13/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been curious about Garniers BB cream for a while since it has won many beauty awards here in Europe. When I finally tried it (in the shade Light, which is the lightest one) I was incredibly disappointed. The application was really easy and the product was easy to blend using only my fingertips, however it was WAY too dark for me. Despite my efforts to make it work and blend it down the neck I looked ridiculous, I was so glad I didn't have to be anywhere since the resemblance to an Oompa Loompa was uncanny. This BB cream is only available in two shades, this one and a darker one, which I think is a HUGE mistake on Garniers part since I bet most people won't find a match in either of these two shades. On the other hand I'm guessing it's marketed to those pale girls who deliberately try to look like Oompa Loompas...

Anyway, even if I choose to overlook the color selection this didn't appeal to me at all. I have extremely dry skin and most foundations accentuate that, including this BB cream, although it's supposed to be moisturizing. The odd part is that it's insanely greasy, right after I applied it to my face it felt as if my entire face was covered in a thick layer of butter. I tried taking the shine down with powder (which I usually never ever have to do because of my dry skin), but it still felt icky.

Coverage looks so-so in bad bathroom lighting (I don't really have a lot to cover, only a couple of small blemishes and some redness), however as soon as you get out in the sun you'll notice it doesn't really cover anything and as the day goes by it covers even less because this BB cream sure fade rapidly.

Last but not least as a not-so-pleasant surprise it turned my whole face to an incredibly angry shade of red upon removal! I'm so glad I didn't purchase this (I got a mini sample in a magazine), because even though it's fairly cheap I'd rather throw my money in the ocean than on this crap.

on 5/12/2012 7:57:00 PM

I have some mixed feelings about this BB cream, but overall it's pretty good. I have a fairly light complexion, but this light/medium is almost too light on me and I don't even tan my face. It's a bit greasy for me but, I either set it with a powder or use it under my regular foundation whenever I want a fuller coverage. I love the smell, it's very nice and clean. The major issue I have with this product, is that it seems to just sit on top of my skin and feels greasy and moves a lot. Other than that, it's alright. I would most likely purchase this BB cream again, but maybe not, as I am going to go ahead and try some other brands.

on 5/12/2012 12:12:00 PM

Slightly greasy and I have dry skin. It doesn't absorb like I thought. Regardless, this has taken place of a high priced primer. Somedays I use foundation on top and other days it is used as a tinted moist.
I know a lot of people commented on the shades. Remember this is NOT foundation, it is not a perfect match. It is not suppost to.

on 5/11/2012 9:35:00 PM

I got a sample in a magazine and the sample is small but it actually contains a lot of product considering how little I need of this. 2 pea sized amounts gave me really good medium coverage. I have a lot of redness and hyperpigmentation from past scars (and they're quite large and dark) and I thought this covered really well.

HOWEVER, it takes forever to sink in/dry down. And the smell is horrendous. It gave me a headache and I'm not usually bothered by scents of products but this just takes the cake.

I have oily skin and so this made me really greasy looking and the fact that it didn't dry down made it worse.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

If you wear one of the lightest shades in any foundations,this will be to dark for your skin.This isn't anywhere near light.The one thing that I don't like other than the shade, this makes me get oily and I never get oily EVER and within an hour I felt like I needed blotting paper.So if you have dry skin you'll love this otherwise i would be careful

on 5/9/2012 8:27:00 PM

I love this stuff. I can't go a day without moisturiser. I usually have to put like 3 products on before I do my makeup, and with this cream it does it all. It gives u a nice coverage with a nice glow, and I thought this cream would be oily but it actually sets fairly quickly. I bought this product on sale at Walmart when it was on for $12 and I think it was well worth the money, good product to add to the makeup bag and I would definately buy it again.

****After reading other comments, I would say that this is probly not a product for ppl with oily skin as clearly this clashes and does nothing but cause oily skin to be even more oily. But most ppl should know this as makeup artist say this all the time on tv, that ppl should stay away from things like this and use powder based foundations to counter act their oily skin. Just advice to others looking to purchase this product. For MYSELF---->This product worked great!****

I have wanted to try a BB cream and decided to give this a whirl since it was on sale. Let me say first off I am not much for base makeup. I have, however used Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and a few other similar items off and on through the years. My skin is on the oily side so I didn't quite know what to expect. I think it is a great product - especially for the money. Initially when I put it on I think "no way" - it looks like the color is wrong and too heavy, greasy, etc. Allowed to settle in the result is a very nice smooth, glowy look - no kabuki! for me. I am impressed. And it has SPF also.

I first discovered BB cream a few weeks ago as I was reading a review on the latest beauty trends. I was very intrigued by the claims that this particular BB cream made, although i was very hesitant to try it at first as i've suffered with acne for years and find that most liquid make ups and moisturisers tend to make my acne flare up. I've been using I.d Bareminerals (in medium beige) for years now and have found that to be the only make up that doesn't flare my skin right up. After doing a bit of research i decided to try the Garnier BB Miracle cream and i'll honestly say i'm very very impressed. I've been using the product for about 1.5 weeks now and if it were any other liquid make up i would have broken out twice over by now... but this BB cream seems to have calmed my skin down completly. And not only has it calmed it right down, but it also looks smoother and feels incredibly soft and seems to have a healthy glow about it. I don't think this is a placebo affect, I have seen some remarkable results.

I read a few reviews about people who had acne scars and found this formula too light of a coverage... I found this in the begining too but the more i use it, the less i can see my scarring. i know it's only been 1.5 weeks - but i feel as though some of my lighter scars are starting to blend into the rest of my skin and are no longer as noticable.

In my view the only down side to most consumers would be the lack of colour selection. Personally the Light colour matches really well with my skin tone, but i can see how it would be too dark for most people.

For those interested with my skin care routine (maybe those who also suffer with acne prone skin may be interested)... I use the Priori gentle cleanser and the Priori Barrier repair cream day and night as my primary skin care. I also use pure aloe vera gel day and night (after i cleanse and before i moisturise) and have found this to also have contributed to my skin improvements over the months. I use I.D bare minerals primer and then have been using the BB cream over the top of that. i usually don't use any other powders on top of the BB, just a bit of blush and i'm done.

I hope this has been useful.

on 5/8/2012 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have combination skin and a medium skin tone - I'm not quite sure who this is meant to suit? It's sort of an "oompa loompa in winter" colour. It sat like a greasy film on top of my skin and pretty much anything I tried to put on top (blush, powder) just sort slid off. To top it off - I had to hit this stuff hard with cleanser & toner to get it off my face. One of my more bizarre makeup experiences. Lets just say that I felt anything but "perfected" and the only "miracle" I experienced was getting to work on time after messing about trying to remove the stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. But after giving it 4 solid tries, it's just not for me. While it gave a very pretty glow and was enough to even out the slight redness and discoloration on my face, it never sank in and left me grossly greasy. I'm oily to start with but even after setting with powder I looked like a total grease ball. To the point where even my BF commented on the shine. No bueno. And to top it off, it would always leave me broken out. Without fail, the day after wear I would wake up with the start of nasty cystic pimples on my cheeks. Every time .. It didn't work for me and I will never ever buy it again but it works lovely for my brother's GF who I gifted it to. Long story short .. It's just a greasy tinted moisturizer definitely not meant for oily skin.