Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 3/4/2011 5:31:00 PM

I just bought this in Blackest Black 265 in w/p. When I put the first coat one it was BAM! -- instant length. Second coat gave me some volume but not a whole lot. None of the Volum' Express do cept for Turbo Boost. But I can put like 5 coats on and it this doesn't clump AT ALL.
The formula has just the right consistency for me. It dries fairly quickly. I don't notice any smell... it just smells like mascara. It maybe has hints of some floral-type fragrance. And it comes off easily w/ remover.
Anyway I like this btr than Falsies in Black Drama.

on 3/3/2011 1:35:00 PM

This is like a dry mascara version of Maybelline's Full N' Soft. So if you like Full N' Soft, but not the wet formula, maybe you should try this. I gave it a 2 on packaging because the brush is shaped like an oval and it's really difficult to apply evenly. Nice for a natural look, but I'd sooner wear something else. It's just meh to me.

on 3/2/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

IMO this is the amped up version of Maybellines Full 'N Soft. It lengthens, thickens, defines and isn't crunchy/sticky. I really like it, but I also am a big fan of Full 'N Soft.

on 3/2/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

In my opinion this mascara has the potential to be better w/ the cute brush and coral tube.It does separate the lashes,but using several coats of mascara made my lashes look like I'm in drag.

I'm just going to stick w/ my roster of telescopic,the falsies,and voluminous million lashes

Nice everyday mascara, good definition but lacks volume/length qualities. Its excellent for getting the inner lashes without smudging though.

on 3/1/2011 10:24:00 PM

Been using this for a month now and I really like it. I was so heartbroken that Max Factor left the U.S. as Volume Couture was my HG of everyday mascaras. Hated Falsies, came to hate Loreal Extra Volume Collagen due to falking. This is a good everyday mascara. Does provide some length but I think it gives me more volume. Does not leave me with crunchy lashes either. No problems with clumping or flaking. As this price point I am very pleased and will repurchase at least until they mess it up with a new formulation.

on 3/1/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was one of the firsts to get this mascara. I wanted it the second I found out there would be a new volum' express.

I got mine in waterproof. I LOVE IT! It's not at all volumizing with one coat alone, but the thing is, you can layer up this mascara like CRAZY without any clumps. This is legit the only mascara I have ever used that doesn't clump at all. I'm not sure how much it lengthens because I don't really look for that since mine are naturally long.
definition: 5
non-clumping: 5
volumizing: 2; after two or more coats, 4.5
lengthening: idk
black-ness: 5

how I use it: 1 coat of this + 1 coat of falsies
my result: BAM, in your face lashes, that are perfectly defined and gorgeous

on 3/1/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This mascara did nothing for me. It seemed like I wasn't wearing any mascara at all. It gave me minimal length and next to no volume. If you want the natural look, then this is for you.

on 3/1/2011 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I don't have much to say.
One By One ---- yes, it clumps my lashes into One thick lash ( even with the wiggle maneuver ). It's not horrible. My take : Big Brush = not user friendly. Not as bad as the Falsies, but will not repurchase this product.

on 2/28/2011 6:01:00 PM

I saw this at WalMart and they were selling them for five bucks, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was also sort of looking for a new mascara since my IMJU Fiberwig mascara was way past its lifespan, and I wanted a cheaper alternative. I have to say, I love this one! My lashes are really short, to the point that sometimes one can't tell if I have lashes if I'm not wearing mascara. I like that it doesn't take a lot of coats of mascara to get the length and volume that I like. For previous mascaras I've tried, I used to have to use an eyebrow brush to de-clump my lashes after a few coats, but I don't need to do so for Volum' Express One by One.

Definitely buying this again!

Popular Mascaras