April 20, 2014 | 1695 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

As I've stated in my other mascara reviews, I have very long, full, curled lashes. Always looking for even more drama/volume, I picked this up along with a few others from Maybelline I've been wanting to try (the Falsies & Turbo Boost, both of which I've reviewed). I like the shape of this brush the most out of the three, but this took me a little more work to make look good also. However, because it doesn't clump (on me), it was easy to build up the coats without looking like a crazy person in the end. I find it looks/works especially nice on my very long, full bottom lashes. With many mascaras I have to be careful, because the lashes paired with my big almond-doe eyes can definitely turn into "little girl's doll," but this worked great without sending me over that line. Another great staple mascara by Maybelline.

Also, just as a side note - I love all of the packaging of their mascaras! Same tube shape, but different colors so it's easy to pinpoint which I want (I have a huge collection) & just grab and go without taking 20 minutes to look through each mascara. Brilliant idea, Maybelline!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kjinar

My lashes are long, but thin, so I use several swipes/coats of mascara to build up volume. One by One clumps too much for me to do this. It's not the worst, but I find the formula to be too wet. I also prefer a bigger wand/bristles.

It's staying power is okay, and it is easy to remove. I use a bar of olive oil soap at night to remove my MU, nothing else needed.

I don't like the floral scent AT ALL. It's.. chemical-ly and too strong, but at least the smell is not long lasting.

At a similar price point, I prefer Lash Blast. My favorite is Benefit's Bad Gal lash though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I bought this mascara with high hopes seeing as the last one Maybelline launched (The Falsies) is now my HG. Boy was I disappointed. It's not that this product is horrible or anything, because it's not. It just doesn't impress me that much. First of all, the wand/brush is extremely flimsy, which I hate. The formula is really wet but not as amplifying as I'd hoped. Oh well, back to The Falsies I go. I'll be swapping this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by nathaliejcormier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I have a hard time finding a good mascara because my eye lashes are very short. I've tried the generic Sephora mascara, but I find even that was very clumpy.

This stuff doesn't clump and it glides on. I really like it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like this mascara at all. It doesnt work with my lashes and it has alot to do with the wand. Even the cheapy mascaras by elf or nyc work better than this. Im glad this product was free for me (bogo with the fit me foundation-which i love), or I would have returned it the same day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this after seeing it on a few blogs. It works very well for me and is not bulky or clumpy on my lashes. I find it glides on easily and separates without my having to wiggle the brush very much at all. The tube does a very good job coating the brush with just enough product. I put one for price as I honestly did not pay attention. I tossed it my basket with other items and have no idea how much I paid. I would buy again though!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by CocoMango

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay so when I first tried it was like newp, I'm taking this back what a disappointment. But now that I've used it a few more times I'm liking it better. It does what it says "separates lashes" and I get no clumps whatsoever.

However there's no volume to be had here, I mean not really for something in the Volume Express line. Length is okay. Nothing spectacular. I didn't have flaking issues either....but then again I never do so maybe I don't know what people mean when they say that. This retails for $6.50 at my local Target.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using Cover Girl Last Blast Fusion for some time now and have been very happy with it. However, for me, mascaras are one of those beauty items where I am always looking for the latest that may end up being the greatest. Unfortunately, Maybelline's One by One Volum' Express did not fit that bill for me. Although I like the brush in this mascara (I think it's flexibility assists me in applying the mascara beginning at the very base of my lashes all the way through to the tip), I did not care for the formulation at all. I found it to be way too wet and very easily prone to smearing and clumping. I also did not care for the smell, which reminds me of cheap patent leather (think Lash Stiletto). I will not be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Kirtastrophe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited about this mascara because my eyelashes are on the sparser side, and I hoped that this would do what it says it will and coat them individually to make them look fuller. It didn't really do that. Overall, however, it's a decent mascara, especially for the price. It makes them look a bit fuller and longer, but nothing dramatic. I think I still prefer the falsies one.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ILiketoQuack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had really high hopes about this product, considering maybelline mascaras are high quality as well as all of the positive reviews on this product.

I was dissapointed. The formula is thin, the rubbery brush doesnt build up any kind of noticable lash whatsoever, and I feel like the product has already become dry.

Doesn't have anything on The Collosal. Will not buy again.