September 20, 2014 | 1227 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

IMO this is the amped up version of Maybellines Full 'N Soft. It lengthens, thickens, defines and isn't crunchy/sticky. I really like it, but I also am a big fan of Full 'N Soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion this mascara has the potential to be better w/ the cute brush and coral tube.It does separate the lashes,but using several coats of mascara made my lashes look like I'm in drag.

I'm just going to stick w/ my roster of telescopic,the falsies,and voluminous million lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

Nice everyday mascara, good definition but lacks volume/length qualities. Its excellent for getting the inner lashes without smudging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by luvnewstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this for a month now and I really like it. I was so heartbroken that Max Factor left the U.S. as Volume Couture was my HG of everyday mascaras. Hated Falsies, came to hate Loreal Extra Volume Collagen due to falking. This is a good everyday mascara. Does provide some length but I think it gives me more volume. Does not leave me with crunchy lashes either. No problems with clumping or flaking. As this price point I am very pleased and will repurchase at least until they mess it up with a new formulation.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by krupz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was one of the firsts to get this mascara. I wanted it the second I found out there would be a new volum' express.

I got mine in waterproof. I LOVE IT! It's not at all volumizing with one coat alone, but the thing is, you can layer up this mascara like CRAZY without any clumps. This is legit the only mascara I have ever used that doesn't clump at all. I'm not sure how much it lengthens because I don't really look for that since mine are naturally long.
    definition: 5
    non-clumping: 5
    volumizing: 2; after two or more coats, 4.5
    lengthening: idk
    black-ness: 5

how I use it: 1 coat of this + 1 coat of falsies
    my result: BAM, in your face lashes, that are perfectly defined and gorgeous

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Bchow1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara did nothing for me. It seemed like I wasn't wearing any mascara at all. It gave me minimal length and next to no volume. If you want the natural look, then this is for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Romerosgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have much to say.
    One By One ---- yes, it clumps my lashes into One thick lash ( even with the wiggle maneuver ). It's not horrible. My take : Big Brush = not user friendly. Not as bad as the Falsies, but will not repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I saw this at WalMart and they were selling them for five bucks, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was also sort of looking for a new mascara since my IMJU Fiberwig mascara was way past its lifespan, and I wanted a cheaper alternative. I have to say, I love this one! My lashes are really short, to the point that sometimes one can't tell if I have lashes if I'm not wearing mascara. I like that it doesn't take a lot of coats of mascara to get the length and volume that I like. For previous mascaras I've tried, I used to have to use an eyebrow brush to de-clump my lashes after a few coats, but I don't need to do so for Volum' Express One by One.

Definitely buying this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by megelizabethmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

BIG FAN of all the Volume Express mascaras, and Maybelline mascaras in general. This one is no exception. separates, lengthens, volumizes, gorgeous! Lasts pretty long, but not ALL day...that's why I gave it 4 lippies. But i bought it for less than $7 so not bad! I really do like it. I bought it along with Last Blast and Voluminous Millionize and I like this one the best out of all of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by hockeygirl14

I like this mascara a lot! It's really natural and great for everyday use. It also holds a curl pretty well (I use the waterproof version). Usually I'm more of a Falsies girl, but I would buy this again because it's great when I don't feel like doing too much makeup but still want to make my eyes more noticeable! I would recommend to my friends !
    The price also can't be beat, so I will purchase it again when I run out.