July 30, 2014 | 1971 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MUAMEANGIRL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dislike this concealer. The shade range is very limited, there are only 3 colors available. I bought the light and the medium hoping to mix them to a good match. Didn't work, because they're super yellow based and did not go well with my skin at all.
The worst part however is how the texture of the concealer looks on my skin. It doesn't blend in well at all and is very obvious looking. It also seems to emphasize my medium sized pores.
The wear was ok, it did get greasy, but everything does on me.
The only upside of this product is the coverage. It's a very opaque concealer, even more opaque then my MAC studio fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go to concealer for blemishes, scars and any other spots. It covers completely. The only problem is not using too much. You only need the teeniest drop. One tube will last forever. What a great find.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I did not really get to try this product that well since I am bi racial and consider myself to have a tan complextion..most of my foundations have the word honey or tan in them well anyway they only have 3 shades and tan being the darkest one was way to light on me and was unwearable.Wish they had more shades

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

it's only been a week but this might be HG for me.
i have some pretty dark acne scars and very oily skin but this covers so beautifully and really stays put but doesn't break me out.i also like that i can use it for both my acne scars and as an undereye concealer.you need such a small amount of this concealer and for me it blends very smoothly.i'm pretty fortunate that the darkest shade,Tan,is the perfect color for me for summer.they really need to expand their shade range so darker girls can experience the wonder that is Glamoflauge.
i've never tried this for concealing my tattoo so i can't speak to that.Also still trying to figure out what to do with the nifty little pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After stalking the Hardy Candy empty/unstocked shelves at my local Walmart for almost a month, I was finally able to pick this up in medium and I got the LAST one. Wow, the word is out on this little gem!!

Me= medium beige tone, combo skin, oily on the T-zone. I don't have heavy duty dark circles, just average I think.

I've been using this for the last 2 weeks both under my eyes and on some reddish marks on my cheeks. It covers both under eye & the cheek marks well with just a little dot (barely the size of a pin head--really!!) I use my Ecotools concealer brush and I mix just a little bit of oil-free lotion with it before I apply. I find the concealer just a bit thick and the lotion makes it blend and spread out better. Medium is def. yellow based, I don't see any "grey". Matches my foundation good and there is no reverse raccoon eye with this. Mine has not separated or become "oily".
I've been using the little pencil on my bottom waterline & right under my bottom lashes where the skin is pinky-reddish--it doesn't last long on the waterline, but while it's there it does look nice & covers well.
Very good concealer for the price and I would def. recommend and purchase again---but I'm sure it will be months before I run out.
5 lippes because I haven't found anything that works as well as this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

i'd compare this concealer to a cross between erase paste and amazing cosmetics concealer. hard candy glamoflauge, in my opinion, beats both of those two, and yes, i've purchased both, and i've actually managed a benefit counter, so i'm fairly well-versed on erase paste (which isn't exactly all that wonderful, in my opinion, but if you're interested in trying it, ask for a sample. they're extremely generous, and will last you a long time. but i digress.)

anyway, on to HC glamoflauge. The packaging is very sanitary, and furthermore, is very suitable to dispensing a small amount of product at a time, which is necessary when the product is as thick as this particular type of concealer. the tube is clear, which allows you to see how much product is left in the container, reducing the potential for waste, unlike the opaque black amazing cosmetics container--not that it's that big of deal when the massive HC glamoflauge costs $6, compared to a relatively tiny tube of $28 amazing cosmetics. you will be able to get every last bit of product out of the tube with this type of container, and it's easy to dispense a small amount at a time. less is more with this type of concealer; the more you use, the worse it performs. i find that using your fingers to apply it helps the application, as warmth aids in spreading it, particularly under the eyes, where i need most of my concealment. my skintone is NW20, and i purchased light, which unfortunately was a bit too light to be honest--but worked out under my eyes. considering the exceedingly reasonable price tag, coupled with the beyond reasonable amount of product in the tube, i felt like purchasing the next darker shade to customize for my skintone was okay, and i'm very happy with the end result. it's by far the best DS concealer on the market that i've found yet, despite the lack of shade options available (benefit costs over 4x as much and only has 3 shades, so let's be gentle, right?) reviewers have complained of their tubes going bad--mine has lasted well over 6 months, and i have to wonder if they're storing it improperly, out in the open possibly, to get damaged by UV rays? makeup should always be stored in a cool dark place, and besides, all makeup has an expiration date.

i didn't give HC glamoflauge 5 lippies, because i've met better concealers, most recently MAC pro-longwear (albeit, a much more expensive product, but worth it to me.) overall, wonderful product that i'd repurchase in the next decade when i run out, or when i lose it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic stuff, incredibly cheap. I store it upside down so not too much comes out when the lid is removed. As others have said, a little goes a long way. Light is just right for me (I usually wear the light/next to lightest shade foundation in any brand). I use it more on my rosacea and it works wonders! Could even go out w/o foundation, even tho I usually use both concealer and foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by NunzioVinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me first say that I have extremely sensitive, acne prone skin. I saw this product in Wal-Mart and the packaging was so freakin adorable that even though I didnt need a concealer (I typically use mac concealer) i purchased it. I liked it tons better than the mac one! The price ($6) was amazingg and you get more than plenty. i would have bought it if there was 1/4 of the product inside because the tiniest little dot goes a long way and it is easy to blend out. Not a great color selection as others have said but i use it under bronzer so that helps to blend out any of the lightness that the color gives me. I will definitely repurchase this and not the mac, it covers sooo full coverage that my acne scars and blemishes were completely covered. Love thisss!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by pirateninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer right after it came out after an exhausting
search for something that covered well and was affordable. This product
works amazingly well for me and for the price I think it is a great value.
I've had this since it came out, like I said, probably over half a year and I expected to go through it pretty quickly since I have a lot to cover and wear makeup almost daily. This is still holding up however and seems like it will never run out.
Perfromance:
This concealer offers full, but not quite complete coverage. Paired with
foundation, my complexion looks almost flawless. I find this creamy
and very easy to blend and do not have a problem with it getting caky.
This concealer is not the best for under eyes, but for acne scarring, which is my main concern, this covers beautifully. This concealer is not
the longest lasting, which would be its only caveat, but a good
setting powder really does help this problem. Overall, I would say this
is probably the one definite HG makeup product I've found so far!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Leemadison9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great as a eyeshadow base, but as a undereye concealer I had a problem with creasing, by the end of the day the product had settled into the creases under my eyes. Not a pretty sight I may add. Thank goodness I was wearing eyeglasses. I am not sure how it would work as far as a tattoo concealer because the color I got is TAN and that is the darkest that it comes. I like the packaging and the consistancy, it is very thick, so alittle goes a looooong way. To prevent under eye creasing I recommend using a translucent setting powder, I did not have any problems with creasing when I did this. Because alittle goes a long way this product should last you a good long time. The price is reasonable only $6.00 which is great for the amount of product you get. It also comes with alittle concealer pencil.