Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

In love with this so much! I have avoided trying this concealer for the longest time, because i have fair skin, and the lightest color looked dark in the tube. But i regret not trying this sooner!! SO happy! I am very picky about concealers and im thrilled to of found my HG in a Wal-mart!!! I am hoping this never discontinutes but will be stocking up just in case!
PROS:You need only the teeniest bit, barely even a pencil dot to cover up a blemish, so this tube with last a LONG time! It covers up dark circles like WOW and brightens it really nicely. The packaging is cute, and i love that dispenser is so small and precise, since you only need about a quater of a pea size to cover up blemishes. (i use a small lip brush to apply concealer on my red spots/pimples/blemishes to avoid over applying, and pat it with my finger to blend it in).
Doesn't break me out! Is my exact skin color match! Excellent staying power! And i can't even think of a con to this product i am that thrilled!
The pencil that comes with it i threw in my purse it does the job for touch ups and it takes nearly no space at all in there because it is so tiny! This product as a whole is just pure exellence!! Kudos to Hard Candy!! :D

on 12/19/2011 12:24:00 AM

So to start off, I have super-oily, acne-prone skin, which seems to be the type of skin that this concealer doesn't do too well on, just going by the reviews.
Seriously, this is the BEST concealer I have ever tried. I've only had it for a few days, which usually isn't long enough to judge how good a product is, but with face products I can usually tell whether or not it's going to break me out after day 1 or 2. This has not broken me out at all, which really surprises me, considering how heavy-duty and thick it is, which is usually a recipe for disaster on my unruly skin.
I've noticed some reviews saying that this concealer made them cakey, which is a problem that can be easily solved. I only need half of a pea-sized dot to cover up all of my blemishes, dark circles, and redness. No foundation needed at all!
As for the packaging, I adore it! I feel like the way the concealer is dispensed is more sanitary than traditional concealers. Oh, and by the way, the pencil is also a great little tool to have on hand for those annoying red bumps that are a pain in the butt to cover.
As for covering tattoos, judging by how thick it is, I'm assuming that it would most-likely cover those with ease.
My old concealer was $3 , but this is SO worth it! I am never going back to my old one.

on 12/15/2011 7:06:00 PM

This is a very good concealer. It is definitely heavy duty, so I can see why it may get cakey on some people, but it covers great. I use it under my eyes and it works like a charm hiding my bad dark circles. A little goes a very long way. It seems very similar to illuminare extra coverage concealer, just 1/5 the price, easily available, and it doesn't dry quite so matte. The color selection is pretty limited, fortunately the medium works good for me. I started with the light because I do have pale skin with yellow undertones, but it was like almost pure white. I am pale but I don't have alabaster or porcelain skin, so I gave the light color to a red-headed friend and it works great on her.

Overall I'm very pleased with its performance, I will definitely be keeping it in my arsenal.

on 12/15/2011 6:28:00 PM

This is the first ever concealer I've tried, and probably the last because I love this product so much. I use it under my foundation to even out red areas around my nose and cover up problem areas. It covers soooo well. I use the pencil on areas that are a little more red and need extra coverage. It said this product is good for covering tattoos too, so I tired it and was very impressed on how well it is. Everyone should have this concealer in their collection.

on 12/13/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is amazing. That's all you really need to know. Holla at this product, ladies.

- Doesn't look cakey.
- 1 tiiiiny drop covers large areas amazingly.
- Doesn't break me out.
- It comes with a pencil too? Yes.
- Come on, its only cost me $6!

I use it to cover my crazy dark eye circles as well as redness around my nostrils, and the pencil for the occasional super-red zit. I use sephora's anti-shine primer and set the concealer with pressed powder.

on 12/10/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have tried a handful of concealers, but this is my favorite. You only need the sliiiightest bit, and you're good to go. Great for covering up dark circles. Blends well. I love it! It's worth the money, but it smells a teeny tiny bit funky.

on 12/8/2011 1:49:00 PM

I LOVE this product. Heard about it on a beauty blog and went straight to Wal-Mart to look at it. It comes with a pencil that I really have no use for and don't use. But the squeeze tube is great, I barely squeeze out a small dot on the back of my hand and thats all I need for under my eyes. I do apply estee lauder eye cream and let dry, then I apply this concealer with a small concealer brush, and to blend I use my ring finger and lightly tap under both of my eyes.

The price is great, the amount that you have to use to get coverage is very little, the product itself is thick and blends well, and for me it lasts all day!

Would definitley recommend trying this product!

on 12/3/2011 9:30:00 PM

this concealer is great. dont use it on dry skin tho, it made my dry areas flake. I have really dark brown circles around my eyes and it covered great. I did however mix it with my MAC select concealer as my foundation, then set it with mineral powder. worked great for me. I dont know if i will buy it again only because the tube is huge!!! and you really dont need a lot of it.

on 12/3/2011 9:21:00 PM

I love using this on my eyes. It brightens up my under eye area awesomely. It has decent staying power and doesn't get cakey. But this does make my breakouts much worse so I only use this under my eyes . The texture seems a little oily. But a tiny bit goes a longgggg way this tube will probably last me forever. It comes in a big tube along with a pencil. The pencil didn't seem to be doing anything so I just ended up throwing it away. you can find the hardcandy brand at walmart I got mine for around 5 dollars. I would buy this again but not to cover my breakouts with.

on 12/3/2011 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have mixed feelings about this concealer. I think the key is to be careful when applying it and give it time to set. I don't use this when I don't have time to give this to set, otherwise it will go where I don't need it. Because of this I don't wear it over foundation. This does an okay job on my dark undereye circles, but it is not perfect. And it does not last long enough.

I feel like the colors run light. So you may need to choose a shade darker than you would notmally go. I have this in medium and medium shades almost always are right for me, but this is a bit too light.

I don't know if I would repurchase this or not. I'm leaning towards not repurchasing due to the runny consistancy and the color selection.