November 26, 2014 | 1287 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by KittyKidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. I am a light/medium skin color, more on the medium side. I saw this the other day in the store and someone had opened up one to try it out in the "light" shade. i have a hard to match skin tone/color and since the light was conveniently vandalized i figured i'd try a quick smudge on my arm as well. Well.. i saw right away that i would need the medium shade. After another half hour of walking around walmart and a good bit of rubbing, i STILL had a white stripe on my arm. This is some heavy duty concealer (as it says right on the tube) I bought the medium *(which is much lighter on skin then it is in the tube). A little bit goes a long way. Wouldn't use it over large areas but perfect for spot treatment. Not so great under the eyes (my lids are so dry from eczema and almost nothing works anyways so i may not be the best judge on that) but this stuff is definately great for any other imperfection i want to make completely disappear.. anywhere on the body. (even used it on a scar!) Oh yeah, and the little pencil it comes with is pretty cool as well. Maybe it's just 'cuz i've never had a pencil concealer that's so.. "pencil-y". (All I've ever had/seen are the thicker creamy chubby pencils like UD's 24/7) This is a skinny stick and is kinda hard.. like an eyebrow pencil. Not too creamy, just enough slip to blend. It's an interesting li'l guy. Good for small non-raised spots, freckles, or blemishes- not pimples (IMO). Not a necessity for me so it's not something i bother using all too often but if i feel the need or want, works perfect.
****EDIT: I was doing a little makeover for a friend the other day. She usually has a very easy to match skin color/tone. This was alllll wrong and it was not because it was too dark.. the tone to it just looked almost greenish/grey or maybe yellow-y. (we couldn't decide. either way, not even close.) Out of curiosity, I put a little on my man's arm (he has medium italian skin) and although the shade was a bit light for him, again, it was the actual tone that was all wrong. (maybe it's me that has this "lovely" green-grey-yellowy undertone..) So, i guess, if this concealer matches you, it's great! i still love it! but i can see how it may definately not work on everyone (as is true with most cosmetics so i am not going to remove a lippie just for that)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS: extremely pigmented, great packaging allows you to squeeze out only what you need, does not cake under the eyes (if you pat it on), long wearing 10hrs, pencil concealer can be used on my waterline to brighten up tired eyes (white liners look odd on my medium skin tone), can't beat the price $5 CAD

CONS: runs quite yellow on my neutral NC 35 skin tone (bought the medium shade) so I can't wear this concealer on it's own, only under my fdtn. The pencil concealer doesnt wear as long (2-4 hrs at most on my blemishes even when I set it with powder)

overall a great purchase, I'd recommend it especially if you have yellow undertones. But I wouldn't buy it again b/c I rarely reach for it since the shade doesn't match perfectly and clashes with my undertones. I prefer pinky concealers like erase paste or an NW shade of Mac prolong wear concealer for my under eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TheUniqueDaniB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. I think some don't like it because they are applying it incorrectly. I use a kabuki to blend it, and it gives great coverage. I don't have horrible acne, but it's pretty bad and I have redness and large pores. It covers undereye circles, just don't use too much, it does sink into pores- so use a primer (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by nadiac062

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best concealers I have! Perfect for dark circles and blemishes. The only downside is that there is not a wide variety of shades and the colors are a little misleading. Make sure you actually try it out first to see if it matches your skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by tattedfarmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Over all as a concealer this stuff is great, a bit oily for my liking. Though this is not what I bought it for. On the package it lists that as a "heavy duty" concealer it also covers tattoos and this is why I needed this product. The directions state outline and fill in your tattoo with the pencil (that feels oily and tip crumbles apart after you have sharpened it the first time) then apply concealer. Allow to dry between coats, may take 2-3 coats to cover. Problem is first coat wouldn't dry even if it was a very thin coat. It needed a very thick coat to cover my tattoo which wasn't very dark to begin with and just left a big oily feeling blob on my skin that even when dusted with powder to help set rubbed off on anything that came near it... I tried to apply it in several different ways really wanting to give it a chance but over all am better off spending the $40 for real tattoo concealing makeup... But what did I expect for $6.....

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cillaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While visiting my cousin for a couple of weeks, I borrowed this concealer since we are very similar shades. I used it in medium and the coverage is very heavy duty, but the fact that it's awfully light for my skin is what sucks. It dries way to fast and I don't think the pencil concealer is any better, only the color pay off.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by ca806

I'm glad I tested this before I bought it. I really wanted to love this, but unfortunately the colour selection is awful. Comes in pale ghost and orange. It is also extremely flaky and cakey looking. I do agree that it has great coverage for a cheap concealer, but the formula and colour selection is absolutely awful, it definitely does not look natural at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lilylamp

the reviews for this product are overwhelmingly positive, so of course, i bought myself a tube- from ebay. I live in australia.... like most others i agree it is long wearing and quite opaque which is good. and yes, certainly a little goes a long way. my complaint is also regarding the colour selection. i chose medium but the hue seems somewhat dull, or even grey in some way. this is only really noticable when applied under my eyes, on blemishes it seems fine. But the way it makes my eye area look is very unflattering, and i look much better without the concealor. It does cover any darkness (i do have a little usually) but it covers with greyish tone which actually is less flattering than the dark circles themselves..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Catgirltoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with another member's review in saying that there aren't enough shades of the color. I have it in medium, which seems a little light for me during the summer. I like the consistency, because it will really stay on. This isn't a creamy type of concealer, so some may not like it for use under the eye area, but I love it! I've been using some much creamier type of concealer and just decided to try this one. You don't need a lot of it at all and if you do want to use it under the eyes, you should use a sponge to spread it out evenly and smoothly. I actually have very oily skin and the milk of magnesia doesn't work to keep make up on for long, but I've used this as a base under my makeup (not just to cover up some areas) and it was great! My foundation didn't budge all day at work. I really like the way it brightens my face too! Go to the nearest walmart and buy it!!! Now!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this product.I really like that its in a squeeze tube. I have this in tan which is the darkest shade. It is a little too light for me, so I use it under my eyes and sometimes as a base for my eyeshadow. A little goes a long way...This should last me a while. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because it only comes in 3 shades.