Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 1/8/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is an amazing concealer! It covers dark circles, blemishes, tattoos, birthmarks, anything! It lasts all day when you apply a powder on top, and the price is unbeatable! ($6 @ Walmart). The ONLY con I have is the creasing! It creases no matter what or how much powder you apply to it, this is a minor issue since I just reapply a little bit of powder when it creases and it stays put. Definitely recommend!!

on 1/8/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i LOVE this stuff! i use this as a foundation actually. it provides excellent coverage, and doesn't look cakey. a little bit goes a LONG way. its so easy to apply (i use the beauty blender). if you're looking for a full coverage foundation and you've never been able to find one that has enough coverage without applying multiple layers of it, try this concealer as a foundation!

I bought this product to conceal my undereye circles. I've been using it for quite a while now and have realized, like many others, that this is too thick and cakey for my undereye area. I've tried moisturizing extra well in that area, and it still looks cakey. I've tried applying it with fingers and various brushes with the same results. However, I will continue to use this on blemishes and the like, perhaps with a green concealer followed by this product. If I don't moisturize carefully in the blemish area, the concealer will apply cakey to those areas, too. It's a finnicky product, but I will continue to use it for other areas other than my eyes.

on 1/5/2012 7:25:00 PM

Pros:
-Very good coverage.
-A little bit goes a LONG way.
-Cute packaging.
-I only paid $6 and got so much product.
-Good for dark circles AND blemishes, a rarity for concealers.

Cons:
-Seems to emphasise dry patches underneath my eyes.
-Horrible color selection, there are only 3 shades to choose from: Light, Medium, and Tan. Medium suited me the best but doesn't match well to my skin tone. But when I set this concealer with powder, it looks natural-ish.
-Creamy consistency that doesn't blend well into my skin. I prefer liquid concealers for that reason, this stuff is kind of like putting goo on your face, it's a little cakey.

Bottome Line:
I'm on the fence about this. I've been using it for a while, but it really annoys me how the color doesn't match my skin and this stuff is stubborn to blend. On the other hand I enjoy the coverage this gives me, and I like using this with foundation on top, like a corrective concealer because of it's yellow tone that helps with blue/purple colored dark circles.

on 1/5/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is wonderful! Great coverage, and little goes a long way! I got the lightest shade, and I believe I need a shade darker! I wish they had more than three shades!

on 1/4/2012 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I purchased this tube in "tan" as it was the darkest shade available. With that being said, it's very blendable, covered my under eye circles very well and even worked on some post acne scarring. It is a bit drying, so I do recommend moisturizing before use.

Edit: I've really grown to love this concealer. I now apply it over imperfections and cover with Revlon Colorstay. My skin looks flawless, undereye circles gone and scars are blurred.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Most people who use this product say that it looks too cakey. Trust me a little goes a long way! I love that it covers blemishes but sometimes I tend to get more product out than I realize I need. I wish this packaging was a little different to stop this problem. But overall it is a very amazing and nicely priced concealer.

on 1/2/2012 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the stuff. If you're looking for a heavy-duty concealer, this is it! It covers absolutely everything. It is also extremely long wearing. It does look very cakey, so I only use it on problem areas like pimples, or bad blemishes. I have acne-prone skin and it has not broken me out.

It isn't the most user-friendly product, so it does take a bit of experimenting with the application. I use it after foundation and apply it with a crease brush, then I dab the area with a sponge until it blends in with the rest of my face. Also, I recommend working at one area at a time since it does dry incredibly fast. I do not recommend using this under the eye area as it is too dry and thick for the delicate and thin skin.

One down side to this product is the color selection. I believe there are only three, so I combine light and medium to match my skin tone. A little of this product definitely goes a long way, so you're definitely getting a ton of product for a cheap price.

on 12/31/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Only get this if you are willing to wrangle this product into behaving. This concealer does not mess- it is super thick and super pigmented. It can do some major concealing. Because it is so thick and pigmented, however, it seems to do what it wants to. It cakes up on dry skin, looks oily on oily skin, and sometimes can seem to highlight blemishes. I still use it, though, because it conceals far better than any of my other concealers, and it's incredibly long-lasting. And it hasn't broken me out, surprisingly. Will I repurchase? Probably, but my heart won't be in it.

on 12/28/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in light and in medium because I couldn't figure out the right shade for me. Turns out neither of them are and the tan is way to dark. Also they dont have the same consistency-- the light is thicker and the medium was water-y. It just wasn't good. If you need a concealer that is very yellow and youre darker, this might be good for you. The light is also SO bright that it reminds me of like, not exactly a highlighter but something youd use in your inner corner for eye makeup. And the tan is so dark so i think it would be good for darker skin tones but they didn't work for me.