July 29, 2014 | 1558 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The nc 42 in the pro long is lighter than in the studio fix, which i like because the nc42 in the studio fix has an orangey cast to it, where this is more yellow.

The coverage is medium, it doesnt feel heavy, and it has a satin finish.
It lasts for about 8 to 10hours on me. I like the color match better than revlon colorstay in golden caramel 360, although color stay actually last all day for me. So far I havent experienced any breakouts which I usually get from mac products

This washes me out in pictures.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by mfuentes805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually a NC40 in MAC but for some reason it was toon dark/orangy... so I went with the NC35...big mistake! I used this foundation the night of my cousins wedding which I was maid of honor... and in all the pictures I have the "ghost face"! Grrr... I should have listened to peoples reviews about the difference in colors! And for being called "longwear" it didn't last that long... I had to touch up after 3 hours! So no I will NOT repurchase! But I loved the fact that this foundation came with a pump already! It beats paying $5 for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by apkool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always been a daily MMU wearer after having failed attempts with foundations like MUFE HD and MAC face and body. I'm in school sometimes from 9 in the morning until 10 at night and none of my liquid foundations could ever hold up that long. The only reason I preferred MMU over my liquid is because half way through the day I can reapply it at school whereas I don't have that option with liquid foundation and I wouldn't want to go through that hassle anyways. With ALL that being said, I adore this foundation!I apply it with my fingers and it lasts the ENTIRE school day for me and when I work, it withstands the heat of a hot restaurant kitchen and me running all over. I am now an official liquid foundation convert, at least to PLW. I'm an NC15 and I wish I could compare it to ELDW but they just didn't have a match for me. It's okay though, because I'm very very happy with this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Cheddar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am giving this a 4, however that's taking into account that I honestly never expect to find a foundation that's a 5.

Color - I was bummed that this does not come in NW 15, and was worried about the color selection since usually MAC foundations oxidize way too dark on my super pale self. When I first apply this foundation (like, in a blob) it looks way too yellow, but when I blend it it looks good. The lightest ELDW is a better match for my skin theoretically, but it looks more obvious that I'm wearing makeup than the Pro Longwear.

Wear - I have gotten more compliments on my skin, and felt better about my appearance in pictures, than with any other foundation. It does stay on quite well (comparable to ELDW), but doesn't quite live up to the 15 hour marketing statement. Keep in mind that I am Captain Oilface, but am still pretty satisfied with the staying power. The feeling of it on your face and application is also pretty similar to ELDW...perhaps PL is a little creamier on the application front, and not quite as mask-like. It actually seems to do better WITHOUT setting powder?

Bottom line - application is good, staying time is good, and even though I was initially really worried about the color selection this does not leave me looking like a Simpson. I like!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by suec76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I should have known better. I've tried several Mac foundations both powder and liquid and I always end up with bad skin. I thought maybe since this one was new the formula might be a bit different but alas, I was wrong. I wore it once, over my Nars primer, took it off at the end of the day and the next morning my face looked like hell.

I do like the bottle with the pump, it's great, it has good coverage, feels a bit tacky if not set with a powder and it did stay on really well all day long. Although I'm normally an NC30 my MUA matched me to NC25 on this one. I do not like the way it photographs one bit, but that might be because I'm used to my MUFE. All in all, it's a good foundation if Mac doesn't give you breakouts, mine is going back.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by frostyblondeweave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NC 15 and this didn't work for me at all. Too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by orchid78mx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually mix one pump of NC42 and two pumps of NC40 in SFF to get the color I want, I am Latin so i have yellow tan undertones, very yellow, even though i was not happy with SFF because I am very oily and doesn't last alld ay, but I love the coverage and well are yellow based so it has been my best option, about this new foundation the NC42 is a little bit lighter than the SFF but has more orange on it, and the NC40 is more orange than the also than SFF, I did had to buy the 2 again to get a better match for my skin, but the NC40 is more orange than the SFF so i return it for the NC35 but still I did not get the color i wanted so now i am mixing the NC40 SFF with NC42 PL and the color is a better match for me like that, I will check the NC30 and see if is yellow enough to mix it with the NC42 :( this foundation is very mat and I love that !!! I don’t even need to set it with powder, it does last more than 8 hours, the SFF after 4 hours it was melting on my face and need it to powder, the coverage is less than the SFF fluid though :( but I still like it better because it last and is matte, probably will not be good for very dry skin or if you have any flaky skin from acne treatments or dry skin on pimples, it will make it look worse, overall I will buy it again until now it is the best foundation I have ever try and I try it allllll, Lancôme, estee lauder, MUFE, cover fx, dermablend, shiseido,chanel, agghhhh , so I am happy now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I've been an NC20 in Mac foundations for as long as I can remember (since 15?) and in this particular formula I am an NC25. I question now if I've been wearing too light a shade for so many years, and it oxidized to the right shade, or if my summer tan has lingered longer than usual. Anyway, it is the perfect balance of yellow to neutralize the somewhat rosey cheeks of my asian skin. I had previously been using Revlon Colorstay combo/oily forumla, mixing Buff and Sand Beige to get the perfect shade.

For background, I have combo skin (oily T-zone/dry to normal cheeks), with some fine lines on my forehead and eye area. This foundation applies evenly with no streaking whatsoever, and dries to a fresh-faced finish. I won't say dewy as it is more satin-like than that, but I won't say matte as it isn't neither. The finish always feels slightly tacky upon initial touch, but is more comfortable once topped with a setting powder. I like that this foundation allows my skin to show through and does not feel heavy at all. It does not settle into my fine lines nor does it emphasize any imperfections. It is long-wearing (though I have yet to try for 15 hours) and controls my oil well.

I really like the pump bottle and that I am able to have a bit of time when applying and there is no scent, unlike Revlon CS. I think it is a bit too expensive for the quantity of product given, but would re-purchase. I like the finish, and now prefer to wear this daily and use Revlon CS when I want a more matte finish or heavier coverage.

**I apply this with a damp sponge for light coverage and with a flat-top kabuki for medium coverage**

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tgspearman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I am somewhat new to MAC but I've caught up very fast :-). I have several MSF powder and shadows, Studio Finish, and two eye pallets.

I have never had such a good experience with an liquid foundation and concealer. This works just as it says it will. Yes, I would prefer a non-glass container (the reason for the 4 rating). Yes, I had to get a lighter shade and it took a minute to find the correct shade but now that I have (NC45) I couldn't be more pleased! I don't really have to blot all day! I have oily skin and moisturize and I ware a primer and wonder how it will be without one; I may try it without one this weekend. I love it both the concealer and the foundation!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

so, i only tried a sample of this yet. i'm very careful when it comes to foundations because i have sensitive, very oily skin....i'm on my second application only using the sample size she gave me at the mac store, and i'm loving it! i'm an nc45 and at the moment i applied it, it looked kind of yellow on my skin, but after i blended out it matched my skintone perfectly. although i did not wear it for 15 hours (only 7h) i didnt get any oil or to much shine on my face, and i usually have to blot 2 or 3 times a day. one thing i notice with other foundations is that as the hours go by, my skin tends to get an orange weird color, with this one i kept the same color during the 7 hours i had it on my face. i'm thinking about buying this on christmas because it is kind of expensive

update: to bad that it broke me out on my chin, so i changed my rating. i did love the coverage and the colour match!