April 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this, am a massive fan of Clarins long wear, and Revlon, but this is everything i wanted them to be. it does dry relativly quick, but does not cake up like Revlon. stayed true all day, and colour match was perfect (NC20). Worht every penny. I use minerlaize skinfinish natural in light medium over it, i only get moderatly oily during the day but i blame the skinfinish as i get that with everything when i use it. will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by theewrecker

I really love this product! I have fairly normal skin with an oily t-zone, I get blemishes every now and then, and have some scarring, and this definitely helps to hide them, not completely, but it's fine with me, I honestly don't mind the natural flaws on my skin peeking through a bit because I hate when my skin looks too flawless and fake. It's definitely buildable, but if you really want to conceal something, i suggest just using a concealer. For me, it lasts all day, definitely helps keep the oils at bay, I don't NEED to touch up or anything, more of a 'WANT' to, it's really not necessary though. I've used this during rainy weather, while it was hot and I was sweaty, and even when I've cried, still stayed on and didn't appear streaky or anything. It slightly accentuates dry patches, I have some due to blemishes healing, but if you use an actual concealer instead of doubling the foundation, it's fine (at least for me).

Definitely one of my favorite foundations and this is the first MAC foundation I've ever bought, only because I've heard other foundations broke people out, or was too heavy of coverage, etc. Good thing I checked it out, I've been on a look out for a foundation that I know I could rely on, and will purchase again. Coverage is light to medium, nice coverage without it being cakey also while letting your natural skin peek through, it feels very light on my skin, has a natural finish (not matte nor dewy, just natural), the pump is very controllable and I also thought it blended well into my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I would give this go because I do like a lot of MAC's products.
As many reviewers before have said, the colours are off(too dark). Therefore I had to go to NC15, where as before I was an NC 25/20.
It was far too drying for my horribly oily skin, and it showed wrinkles under my eyelids (I don't have noticeably wrinkles under my eyes).
I am going to stick with their Face&Body foundation paired with their Prime&Prep SPF 50.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This liquid is a matte finish. It comes in an easy pump bottle, but isn't the easiest to spread. Most long wearing mattes really don't have the slip to spread easily so I don't mind. I just haven't mastered it and tend to have thicker areas of coverage. It definitely stays matte all day even in my t-zone, but I wouldn't say that it stays put and fresh looking. By the end of my 7 hour day, my tzone does not look oily, but patchy. None of the colors were neutral enough, so when the ingredients rise with dehydration and oil, you can see the yellow undertones of the foundation and some pooling in my tzone area. I have NC15. The next one up was too dark. Mac should have mastered neutral undertones by now. You can see the brown (beige) undertone of a good neutral tone on white tissue even in the lightest shades and the few I tested from this line were all obvious yellow. It does exacerbate fine lines by the end of the day. I hate to be contradictory since I am looking for something that won't succumb to oil, but older sun damaged skin is going to lose water during the day and the mattifier in this gives me a crinkly look. If you don't have fine lines or mind seeing them and have true pale yellow undertones, this is for you. It isn't all that expensive. I paid $32 and got a nice size bottle for my money. ps..does have UVA blocking titanium at 4%, but spf 10 really isn't going to do much so wear your UVA block underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I am not that happy with this product. The staying power is amazing and it controls my shine throughout the day, but it emphasizes dryness in some areas of my face, and it sinks into my pores after a few hours even though I use primer (Mac prep+prime with SPF 50). I will probably go back to SFF after this because that one did not sink into my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ladeedatiffany

I love LOVE this foundation! It's nearly HG status. I love how it makes my skin look flawless and looking like real skin. It dries to a very natrual finish not completely matte or dewy. I love how natural it looks. My boyfried doesn't like foundation on me but he can barely tell when I wear this. It lasts all day for me and I only have to blot once throughout the day. With other foundations I usually have to blot 2-3 times but not with this foundation. I wear NC20. It might be a little yellow for a lot of people but its perfect for me because my asian skin is really yellow. The color match is soooo perfect for me and I love it. The only reason its not totally HG is because I think it makes my skin a little dry. But I don't mind that much because I have extremely oily skin. I just have to make sure I don't wear it for more than 3 days consistently. I have a lot of foundations so I don't mind switching it up. I will definitely be buying this again. I hate all the other MAC foundations but this, I love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lucy44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Game over. HG. Finally, I got what I was looking for. My skin is a little blotchy, and this gives me the coverage I need, but lets enough of "the real me" peak through.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I had this fdn in NC 35, I can go from NC 30 to NC 40 depending on the season. I got it in the pro shop which started selling this a week before its formal launch.
I was in love with the concealer immediately, but as for this fdn, I couldn't put my hand on it, simply put, I don't like it.
To begin with, the colour is too yellow, even for my skin, secondly, it doesn't "behave" like other foundations. I used it over moisturizer, over silicone primer, overall it doesn't improve on the appearance of the skin.
Then I watch Goss on you-tube, he had it right on the spot, this is more like a "stain" for the skin.
So, $40 went to waste, rarely a Mac product I am not happy with, I will keep it as a reminder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by winkcity09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i absolutely am in LOVE with this product. i am have oily, acne prone skin so trying out different foundations can be difficult. i also am a nursing student, so i need a product that will stay on for long hours and won't require much touch up. it does remind me of revlon color stay (which i love too), and these colors run a little darker than the mac studio fix liquid foundations, which works for me. my color is an NC 44 but the prolong foundation i'm an NC45 which is dead on color match to me. it does stay on for hours on end, from the beginning of my clinical shift till the end (8hr span). all i'd have to do is just blot my face, but it has a matifying effect to it, so i just blot maybe once or twice. awesome product! highly suggest for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mayakov

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have several foundations from MAC, and I can honestly say that this is hands down my favourite (so far!). It has great wear, and really does make a difference throughout the day in terms of oil production. I have very fair skin, and bought the NW20. This was a mistake, it is not overly dark, but I have to blend a ton to make it appear smooth with my neck. I am hoping to purchase the NW15 soon! I have combination dry skin, with occasional oil in my t-zone, and after using this foundation for a few weeks, I find it is a miracle worker!