Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 8/3/2010 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I like! I don't have much luck finding mascaras, because of my straight asian lashes. I have tried a lot of Maybelline waterproof mascaras, and this is my favorite so far.

Pros:
-Volumizing
-Lengthening
-Waterproof
-Holds a curl

Cons:
-Kind of clumpy. I had to use an old mascara wand to run through my lashes to separate them.
-Very difficult to remove.

There is no odd scent. It smells like regular mascara. The brush is a spoon brush which can be good or bad; it's not too hard to work with. Just a note of caution- if you're expecting false lashes, you might be a little disappointed. It's volumizing, but not as dramatic as it is advertised. I think I would repurchase this, but it's definitely not a revolutionary product.

on 8/3/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this in Very Black Waterproof. I'm not surprised to find that my oily Asian lids destroyed this mascara. At 3:45 I applied this, and by 4:30 I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the smudging begin. It's a shame. This mascara really made my wimpy little lashes look LOOONG and full. Which is why I didn't give this less lippies. I know that my face pours oil and I am required to stay faithful to "tubing" mascaras. So I will at least review the product from the point of someone that has less oily skin. The brush holds a lot of product and I found that if I cleaned it off a bit my lashes would look less spidery and the curl holds better. I know this because I only did it for one eye....I don't think anyone noticed. Falsies really does deliver big lashes, and at $7 you really can't go wrong (unless you're me).
If this had not smudged I would've given it a full 5.
*Edit 10/4/10* Reducing this to 1 lippie. I wore it out for an evening, and when I got home I was a raccoon. If I can't even wear it at night when it is cooler for a few hours, it just isn't worth anything more.

on 8/2/2010 9:09:00 PM

i bought this for $5 at rite aid, which was a GREAT price. i'm asian, so my lashes are pretty sparse. i don't have super short lashes, however, so i was looking more for volume than length. this mascara does grab every lash, thanks to the brush, but it doesn't do much to add volume to my lashes. my eyelashes certainly look twice as long, but they're a tad spidery-looking.

on 8/2/2010 10:47:00 AM

Yes, it goes on beautifully and looks great. But it does NOT wear well!! I bought the waterproof for a vacation in the islands, and it was AWFUL. It smudges off onto your skin, on both the bottom and top, so you will look like a raccoon if you use any sunscreen, moisturizer or a dewy finish foundation. I tried more powder to set my foundation, but it still smudges off, terribly. Yuck! Waste of money.

on 8/1/2010 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Alright so I will start by saying that when I first put this on, it gave a little extra volume and I liked that it was a dark black (the very black shade). It really did nothing at all for my length, but honestly I'd rather have dramatic lashes with volume than length. At the time, I told my boyfriend that I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it and I'd probably test it for a few more weeks. So last night, I was my face with soap and water and I notice that it doesn't come off. I then went over it with a toner (bc that normally strips anything off my face) and it still wouldn't come off. It was THEN that I went and got the mascara, and realized I had gotten the waterproof version. I don't really understand why they would have made their waterproof version with the exact same colored tube and lettering as their original formula??? I had read on a website somewhere that they didn't have a waterproof version yet, which is probably why I didn't notice a difference on the package. In the future I will always check and double check!!! But I hope maybelline changes the packaging to keep this from happening to anyone else. Because after the soap and water, then the toner, then makeup remover, then olive oil, then baby shampoo, I lost 5 lashes. :'( Now off to search for a new HG mascara!!! : /

on 7/31/2010 12:20:00 PM

I am a drugstore mascara junkie and I only wear waterproof. I had very high hopes for this - the good news is its OK; bad news, its not great. Love the brush - its a bit smalller than my HG L'Oreal Voluminous and its bristles seem to grab even my smallest lashes. It wears very well thru hot/humid days w/ a fair amount of sweating. I have not tried in a pool yet, but plan to do so shortly and if it wears well thru that, I will add another lippie to the score.

It definitely provides an amazing amount of length - no doubt about it, so why the meh rating? I was looking for good volume too and this doesn't give a lot of that. I wore this on one eye and Voluminous on the other - Falsies gave more length, Voluminous gave more volume. If I could find a mascara that combined these too, I would be in heaven.

Bottom line - if you are looking for more length than volume, this will work well for you. I put I would re-purchase but my actual response is "maybe."

09/29/11 UPDATE. Well, I'm liking this more and more - perhaps there was a learning curve in the application, but now I'm getting volume too = I now regularly alternate this w/ my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof = I have changed my rating to a 4 and I will repurchase :)

on 7/30/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not that bad, but not that great either. I was expecting big drama and got nothing except darker lashes. Not much for lengthening or giving volume. Plus, my lashes were....crispy. Which has never happened to me with some of the other wp mascaras I've tried. I'll still keep searching for my drugstore, wp HG mascara ;) For now I'm going to stick with my mac plushlash.

on 7/29/2010 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Out of all the numerous mascaras I have tried, I can easily say I hate this one the worst. Why? The bendy brush, the false claims of lengthening/volumizing (fills in the gaps? Not) and the clump factor add up to one really bad mascara. I hate this worse than I hate Great Lash, which is an accomplishment. The bendy brush reminds me of some drunk at 2:30 am; it provides no control whatsoever.

What a waste of money!

on 7/28/2010 7:38:00 PM

great product!! it really made my lashes look good. this mascara can really hold a curl. i have short thin straight asian lashes and this mascara is the best i have used.

i don't like how it is such a pain to remove but otherwise my favorite mascara!

on 7/27/2010 11:45:00 PM

pigmented
long wearing

Cons-
Very hard to remove
doesnt seperate very well and clumps some
doesnt hold a curl very well