September 15, 2014 | 865 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I bought this due to the many positive reviews. I like this mascara, but it's nothing super special. My lashes are naturally long & full...so I really don't need help in either area...I just love the over-the-top lash look. My eyes look fabulous top & bottom using this. I'd buy it for traveling when I don't want to bring my HE mascara w/me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I bought this mascara after hearing about it on the MUA makeup board. I was happy to see that it comes in a waterproof formula and had to give it a shot. My HG mascara has been Estee Lauder Sumptuous waterproof mascara, but I switched to Falsies and haven't looked back. My wallet is happy and so are my lashes! My lashes are average length and very thin and light colored. When I apply Falsies, I get dramatic length and volume and curl. It finds lashes I didn't know existed. The color is nice and black and the curved brush works very well. This has become my HG drugstore mascara and I will definitely repurchase. Oh... and it holds up to heat and humidity, swearing, oily lids, etc. I'm going to try it swimming on my vacation this month.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by InCognito1223

I don't agree with previous reviewer......I found the mascara quite thick which in turn gave fuller lashes but no length....I like how the wand is curved, it gets my lashes all the way into the corner of my eyes. So far I like FIBER WIG but, I'm still on a quest for the best drug store brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by laradaniellepark

I bought this because it was on sale for 6$ at my local CVS and they have an amazing return policy. Good thing because I really didn't like this mascara. It was really watery and the curved shape of the brush kept catching my bottom lashes. I have fairly long eyelashes and this mascara got ALL over my upper and lower eye lids, plus made them really spidery and sparse (which one of the reasons I bought it, it supposedly helps to fill in gaps between lashes, not so). The one thing I gave this mascara a lippy for was it's staying power. When I went to go take off the mess that this mascara left on my eyelid it was really hard to get it off. It's definitely water-proof! I generally prefer the thicker, waxier mascaras (like Last Blast), and this is no exception.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Add me to the list of fans for Maybellineís Falsies mascara. My favourite part is the brush. Itís curved like a spoon and the inside part of the brush has tiny bristles that seem to grab your lashes and sort of hug them on the way up. My lashes look lifted and long. When I first saw the brush and the flexible handle I thought oh no! learning curve here, but there hasnít been one at all. The mascara went on easy and the brush was simple to use. Iím a fan of Maybelline mascaras in general and have always used them and do like the Volum Express franchise, but not all have worked for me. Falsies Waterproof holds a curl (very important to me), is easy to apply and truly is waterproof (no runs after spending an afternoon in the pool) and removes easily with eye makeup remover. I bought it in Blackest Black and it really is black.

Iím afraid to move it to HG status as most Maybelline mascaras I label HG get discontinued. Having said that, I think I have found my perfect mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by misschloe97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is OK, it wouldn't be the best.
I put it on it on in the morning then about 1 o'clock it's off!
It is quite flakey but not too bad.
I think i was generous by giving it a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by breezyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. It's really nice, and it's probably gonna end up being an HG for me unless I find a true budgeproof falsies-in-a-bottle mascara. It volumizes, lengthens, and holds curl pretty well, and it's unbelievable if you put a mascara base underneath it. Hell, it looked BETTER than false lashes when I curled -> Kanebo Mascara Base -> Falsies. It's not too hard to get off if you have a proper waterproof makeup remover, about the same difficulty as Maybelline's other waterproof mascaras.

But what really impresses me is that this the first waterproof mascara that does NOT smudge or flake on me. I fell asleep in the hot summer sun with this mascara (without a primer) and woke up with the same lashes and no smudged undereyes or black flakes. This product is freaking genius! Bravo, Maybelline. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by denisha2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara didnt do nothing for my lashes at all so its a loser in my nook happy for the folks that love it im just one of those people who it didnt work for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Still a good mascara for drama...but as much as I am not a waterproof mascara fan, I would suggest using the waterproof version of this over the regular. The regular is very messy and wet. ORIGINAL POST: I am not usually a Maybelline fan, but this is a pretty nice mascara. I love dark and dramatic when it comes to lashes and this does a good job of delivering. I am using the wp version now with summer, I have not tried the regular version yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Chinesepicklegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because it was on sale at Ulta, and i wanted that false lash effect. While i didn't get the false lash effect that it promised, i did enjoy this mascara and it gave me plenty of volume and length. you will need to get out an eyelash comb to get rid of clumps, and the brush takes some getting used to, but overall, this is a nice mascara!