October 30, 2014 | 1550 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by JenSul27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a mascara junky, love trying out every new one I can get my hands on. My initial reaction to this mascara was that I hated it. The brush was wierd, the formulation had that distinct maybelline smell, and my eyelashes clumped from too much product. This does make my eyelashes look fake, very long and curled which I love...but it also rubs off so that my entire brow bone has black smudges after a couple hours...and since it's waterproof, those smudges are hard to get off! Although this mascara has some potential, due to the smudging I would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I picked this up for $6 and some change which I think is a decent price. The product itself is quite good. Holds a curl, separates and lengthens beautifully (I can feel the tips of my lashes brushing against my brow bone when I look up) although not exactly like false eyelashes. It stays in place throughout the day and I really love the applicator. The only thing is that it's lacking in building volume so if you have sparse lashes, I say skip this.
UPDATE: After using this mascara for another week and figuring out how to get the best out of the unique brush, I am changing my rating to 5 lippies. This mascara is amazing (and I have experienced a wide range of high and low end mascaras)! They better not discontinue it now that I've said that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I've found my new HG mascara. The brush is amazing, it coats the lashes so well and makes them look fantastic. The formula is great, no smudging or flaking. I will repurchase this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkhart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was kind of skeptical about getting this mascara since I'm really not a big fan of Maybelline mascaras because of all the clumps. However after reading so many good reviews I decided to go ahead. I am soooo happy I did. My lashes which are not long and few actually look as if I have my fake lashes on. They looke full and lively. The color is very intense, I bought VERY BLACK, and the consistency is great. I ddnt get clumping from this one. I luv it. This one is dedinately a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It does what it says - separates lashes and makes them very long. This mascara doesn't flake on me like Colossal does. After one coat my lashes are already separated and long! My bf sometimes says my lashes are clumpy .. the day I started using The Falsies he actually complimented me and said my lashes look nice! The packaging is so cute too! Will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly good for a very inexpensive mascara! I had to hunt for a little to find the waterproof version at CVS, but at $6 this is a great buy. No smearing, no flaking, even though I do wear a moisturizer and concealer in the eye area. And what it does to magnify lashes and hold a curl is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I bought this due to the many positive reviews. I like this mascara, but it's nothing super special. My lashes are naturally long & full...so I really don't need help in either area...I just love the over-the-top lash look. My eyes look fabulous top & bottom using this. I'd buy it for traveling when I don't want to bring my HE mascara w/me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I bought this mascara after hearing about it on the MUA makeup board. I was happy to see that it comes in a waterproof formula and had to give it a shot. My HG mascara has been Estee Lauder Sumptuous waterproof mascara, but I switched to Falsies and haven't looked back. My wallet is happy and so are my lashes! My lashes are average length and very thin and light colored. When I apply Falsies, I get dramatic length and volume and curl. It finds lashes I didn't know existed. The color is nice and black and the curved brush works very well. This has become my HG drugstore mascara and I will definitely repurchase. Oh... and it holds up to heat and humidity, swearing, oily lids, etc. I'm going to try it swimming on my vacation this month.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by InCognito1223

I don't agree with previous reviewer......I found the mascara quite thick which in turn gave fuller lashes but no length....I like how the wand is curved, it gets my lashes all the way into the corner of my eyes. So far I like FIBER WIG but, I'm still on a quest for the best drug store brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by laradaniellepark

I bought this because it was on sale for 6$ at my local CVS and they have an amazing return policy. Good thing because I really didn't like this mascara. It was really watery and the curved shape of the brush kept catching my bottom lashes. I have fairly long eyelashes and this mascara got ALL over my upper and lower eye lids, plus made them really spidery and sparse (which one of the reasons I bought it, it supposedly helps to fill in gaps between lashes, not so). The one thing I gave this mascara a lippy for was it's staying power. When I went to go take off the mess that this mascara left on my eyelid it was really hard to get it off. It's definitely water-proof! I generally prefer the thicker, waxier mascaras (like Last Blast), and this is no exception.