Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 7/31/2010 12:20:00 PM

I am a drugstore mascara junkie and I only wear waterproof. I had very high hopes for this - the good news is its OK; bad news, its not great. Love the brush - its a bit smalller than my HG L'Oreal Voluminous and its bristles seem to grab even my smallest lashes. It wears very well thru hot/humid days w/ a fair amount of sweating. I have not tried in a pool yet, but plan to do so shortly and if it wears well thru that, I will add another lippie to the score.

It definitely provides an amazing amount of length - no doubt about it, so why the meh rating? I was looking for good volume too and this doesn't give a lot of that. I wore this on one eye and Voluminous on the other - Falsies gave more length, Voluminous gave more volume. If I could find a mascara that combined these too, I would be in heaven.

Bottom line - if you are looking for more length than volume, this will work well for you. I put I would re-purchase but my actual response is "maybe."

09/29/11 UPDATE. Well, I'm liking this more and more - perhaps there was a learning curve in the application, but now I'm getting volume too = I now regularly alternate this w/ my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof = I have changed my rating to a 4 and I will repurchase :)

on 7/30/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not that bad, but not that great either. I was expecting big drama and got nothing except darker lashes. Not much for lengthening or giving volume. Plus, my lashes were....crispy. Which has never happened to me with some of the other wp mascaras I've tried. I'll still keep searching for my drugstore, wp HG mascara ;) For now I'm going to stick with my mac plushlash.

on 7/29/2010 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Out of all the numerous mascaras I have tried, I can easily say I hate this one the worst. Why? The bendy brush, the false claims of lengthening/volumizing (fills in the gaps? Not) and the clump factor add up to one really bad mascara. I hate this worse than I hate Great Lash, which is an accomplishment. The bendy brush reminds me of some drunk at 2:30 am; it provides no control whatsoever.

What a waste of money!

on 7/28/2010 7:38:00 PM

great product!! it really made my lashes look good. this mascara can really hold a curl. i have short thin straight asian lashes and this mascara is the best i have used.

i don't like how it is such a pain to remove but otherwise my favorite mascara!

on 7/27/2010 11:45:00 PM

pigmented
long wearing

Cons-
Very hard to remove
doesnt seperate very well and clumps some
doesnt hold a curl very well

on 7/27/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I definitely saw a huge difference in my lashes after applying 2-3 coats. For reference, my lashes have normal length and thickness and this mascara really made them pop! It adds a lot more volume than my previous MB mascara, Define a lash (for lengthening). Had no problems with clumping, very buildable, and little flaking/smudging. It claims to give the appearance of false lashes, but really...what mascara does? However, i would have to say this is a GREAT mascara. It made my eyelashes appear thicker, longer, and fanned-out, which i thought was really pretty. Definitely would recommend this to anyone looking for a good cheap mascara. It's different for everyone, but it wouldn't hurt trying this mascara on account that it is cheaper than most products out there. Give it a try ^_^

Actually, im taking off one lippie because this mascara I think has been making my eyelashes fall out..It's a shame 'cause this really gave me smokin' results. I think i will be going back to Maybelline full n soft waterproof mascara.

on 7/27/2010 9:35:00 AM

I accidentally bought the waterproof version of this product and next time I will try the regular version, but this would be a good one to keep around for those waterproof mascara occasions. My lashes aren't what they used to be, but this seems to work well at lengthening, darkening, and thickening. I don't look like I have false lashes on, but even though that's the impression the name gives, I don't think they really expect us to believe it will! Doesn't seem to clump or smudge any more than any other drugstore mascara.

on 7/26/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

For very specific reasons, I loved this mascara. But sweet, merciful heavens - trying to get it off was a living nightmare. I lost a LOT of lashes the first time and resorted to using olive oil the 2nd time. Still, my lashes were long, thick, lush, plush, curled, fanned out. Absolutely beautiful. Until that dreaded moment at the sink right before bed when it won't come off the any reason using any remover. I still love The Falsies, but I'll be buying the regular instead of the waterproof from now on.

on 7/25/2010 2:20:00 PM

I bought this based off of the reviews here. The formula is very, very wet as many have said. This by no means is a 5 second mascara. It requires work (and I've been using it with CG Volume Exact.) and time. I loved it the first day I had it but can't seem to get it to look as nice anymore. The color on it is awesome, but its not really giving much volume or length anymore. I am going to try Collasal instead.

Great mascara! I have been using Collossal before Falsies came out. I love them both, but I think Falsies is a little better. It gives more of a thick and seperated and longer lash look..more like false lashes! It does take more time to apply than Collossal tho.

The brush itself is thin and curved. I've never really been a fan of curved brushes, but this one seems to work well. Like all the other mascaras in the Volum Express line, it doesn't flake or run(I always get WP).