Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 7/25/2010 2:20:00 PM

I bought this based off of the reviews here. The formula is very, very wet as many have said. This by no means is a 5 second mascara. It requires work (and I've been using it with CG Volume Exact.) and time. I loved it the first day I had it but can't seem to get it to look as nice anymore. The color on it is awesome, but its not really giving much volume or length anymore. I am going to try Collasal instead.

Great mascara! I have been using Collossal before Falsies came out. I love them both, but I think Falsies is a little better. It gives more of a thick and seperated and longer lash look..more like false lashes! It does take more time to apply than Collossal tho.

The brush itself is thin and curved. I've never really been a fan of curved brushes, but this one seems to work well. Like all the other mascaras in the Volum Express line, it doesn't flake or run(I always get WP).

on 7/24/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not even mediocre... It is awful. Colossal is much better than this. The thin brush does not even lift the lashes. It does not thicken and it does not lengthen. I am not sure what kind of falsies MB is talking about but this did not do anything for me. I even layered and layerd and layered and still nothing. I think the texture and brush need to be changed so what the hell... Just stick with Colossal.

I love this mascara! I think it's going to become a new HG for me. The only reason that I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is that it sometimes clumps. Other than that I love it!

on 7/22/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This worked well at the humid amusement park. It did not flake. It was inexpensive & may be purchased at most drug stores. Now when I went to the all-day waterpark, it did not last after the fourth hour of being in and out of the waterpark with our kids. I would use this again, but probably not for an all-day waterpark adventure (LOL)

on 7/22/2010 3:22:00 PM

I like it. I don't think it makes my lashes look like falsies, but it gives good length and curl. There is no smudging or flaking, which is always nice. I love Full 'n' Soft for a more natural day look, but this one works well for a more dramatic look. I get very similar results with Rimmel Sexy Curves, which I like equally well.

on 7/21/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Is this too good to be true? It doesn't clump, smudge, or flake. It separates with ease and it holds a curl all day. The formula isn't too stiff or soft. I use the sides of the brush. I love the flexible end too. It moves perfectly with application. Everything about this mascara is perfect! I threw out all my others. This is it. My search is over! Holy Grail!

on 7/20/2010 11:05:00 PM

Great waterproof mascara. Overall I prefer the Colossal' Volume by Maybelline because I like the volume it provides, but I do like the length curl that the Falsies give. Sometimes I'll do a coat of Falsies then a coat of colossal' volume.

on 7/18/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara is even more amazing than the original Falsies, because it holds a curl better and seperates the eyelashes more while still having that dramatic feel to it. I only buy this during the summer so I have a good mascara for the pool. This mascara will not come off for ANYTHINGGGG, even the oiliest of makeup removers have nothing on the falsies waterproof. I love it for that reason for pool days, but for the same look that's easier to take off, I'll go with The Falsies original formula for an every day look. :)

on 7/18/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Having been a longtime devoted fan of Maybelline's other Volum' Express mascaras, especially Turbo waterproof, I had to try this after all the love-hate it's been receiving around here. Upon first use I found it too wet and goopy, with a tendency to deposit too much and leave globs everywhere the brush went, requiring a lot of combing to get right. I held the brush as directed (short curved 'spoon' side facing lashes) the style of which I like once I got used to it. The jointed flexible wand is interesting too, even though I think it's useless because I don't know what it's supposed to accomplish. Nevertheless, the most important thing I can say about this is that it definitely 100% without a doubt needs to be opened every day for at least a week, perhaps two weeks, so it can dry out (or until they figure this out themselves and stop making the formula so wet. Listen up Maybelline- your customers need you here!) If you don't do the drying-out process I promise you this will not work and you will end up in that "I-hate-this-it-sucks-worst-mascara-ever" category like many others here. It requires you to perform the most deadly mascara sin - let some air in there and dry that puppy out. Then and only then, does it behave itself. Once you do this it becomes a whole different mascara in a good way, not a dried out useless kind of way like their Flared version. It now gives me more lashes than I ever thought I had, and makes them look longer, fuller, more defined, beautifully 'flutterly' fanned out, curled all day with no smudges or flakes. After I waited oh-so-patiently for this to "age" properly I got the gorgeous lashes I coveted. I'm not used to a "light" volume mascara (meaning it doesn't look or feel heavy like most volume formulas) and wasn't even sure it was possible yet here we are. It's also a nice deep black (Blackest Black, anyway) but I don't agree with their "no gaps" claim. At all. However, I don't buy into absolutely everything any product claims meaning if that (the "gapping") is the worst Falsies wp has to offer, sign me up and buy me a caseload. Open your new one before you use up your old one and you'll never have a "gap" in usage, ha! (sorry) I'm still using this four months later and just got the waterproof Black Drama version, and will give that a whirl next (in a nutshell: meh. Drama is too full of fibers for my taste but works in a pinch.)