November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by noelie68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to finally get to try this mascara, since I'm still on the quest for my elusive HG. After a week of use, I'm just not impressed. It gave me neither dramatic length nor volume (I wasn't expecting volume, really), and it didn't hold a curl for me at all. It was a bit smudgy at the end of the day, which I could have lived with if it had done anything impressive for my lashes at all. I wish I'd been one of the people this worked well for, but on me... completely unremarkable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Now to be completly fair, I am not well versed in drug store mascaras. But I am with higher end. This one has volumized better then eyeko, lancome defincils, and imju fiberwig and blink but then again those were all lenthening ones but they honestly did make that much of a difference. Well the imju and blink did but the rest really didn't. I also always use lancomes xl booster mascara base with every mascara I try just so you kno..but this mascara works pretty darn well, not as good as ysl faux cils (damn u, why did they discontinue?!) But it was much more then I expected. For the price and look its a steal really. Doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, stays put, lashed look nice and defined, long very black and thick. It does what it says. I deffinitly say its a drug store toned down version of ysl faux cils. It makes my thin wispy lashes nice and pretty pretty pretty!! I highly suggest you give it a shot if your like me and used to shelling out 30+ for your mascara...you will be pleasently surprised.

P.s....the packaging is the cheapest thing in the world, but it does its job so give the ugly little tube a chance :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loving this! I usually use L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes, but was looking for something I could wear to the pool on vacation (the L'Oreal stands up well to light moisture, but not total immersion.) I picked up the Falsies when I saw it at Target, and am very pleased - the formula holds a curl, doesn't clump or flake easily, and is waterproof. It adds a little volume, but definitely lengthens. I have to keep my eyes half-closed when applying or I end up with mascara dots where my lashes hit my browbone!

The brush is very easy to get the hang of, I use the inner side to apply a nice thick coat and then the outer bristles to separate and comb out any large globs.

The downsides: It does smudge eventually but it's very minimal (even on me, and most mascaras give me raccoon eyes). The smudging becomes a problem because it's also fairly difficult to remove completely, so even after washing off my makeup at night I will wake up with little black smudges under my eyes. The formula also stays somewhat sticky after drying, so touching my eyes can cause my eyelashes to stick together, and I'll have to comb them out again.

Still, the benefits and the price (cheaper than the L'Oreal!) outweigh the flaws, so I will be buying this again! And if you didn't like the non-waterproof formula, give this one a shot - I haven't tried the regular, but I've noticed that the reviews for the waterproof are significantly higher, which makes me think they're very different.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good, solid mascara. For me it lengthens and darkens nicely (a nice rich, deep black) but doesn't thicken. I don't mind that it doesn't thicken as my lashes aren't that thin to begin with, but for others this might be an issue. The brush was interesting and different (as I said to my bf "Wow, look, it's jointed!") but still easy to work with. I only used one coat, but I don't think it would be too hard to give it a moment to dry so you can apply a second, other words, I didn't find this very clumpy at all. I just applied one coat, seperated with a comb (as I do with any mascara) and boom, nice, long, inky black and fluttery lashes. Also importantly for me it doesn't smudge, which is my biggest annoyance and test with any mascara. Good price, good product, I hope this sticks around as I will happily repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by JenSul27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a mascara junky, love trying out every new one I can get my hands on. My initial reaction to this mascara was that I hated it. The brush was wierd, the formulation had that distinct maybelline smell, and my eyelashes clumped from too much product. This does make my eyelashes look fake, very long and curled which I love...but it also rubs off so that my entire brow bone has black smudges after a couple hours...and since it's waterproof, those smudges are hard to get off! Although this mascara has some potential, due to the smudging I would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I picked this up for $6 and some change which I think is a decent price. The product itself is quite good. Holds a curl, separates and lengthens beautifully (I can feel the tips of my lashes brushing against my brow bone when I look up) although not exactly like false eyelashes. It stays in place throughout the day and I really love the applicator. The only thing is that it's lacking in building volume so if you have sparse lashes, I say skip this.
UPDATE: After using this mascara for another week and figuring out how to get the best out of the unique brush, I am changing my rating to 5 lippies. This mascara is amazing (and I have experienced a wide range of high and low end mascaras)! They better not discontinue it now that I've said that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I've found my new HG mascara. The brush is amazing, it coats the lashes so well and makes them look fantastic. The formula is great, no smudging or flaking. I will repurchase this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkhart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was kind of skeptical about getting this mascara since I'm really not a big fan of Maybelline mascaras because of all the clumps. However after reading so many good reviews I decided to go ahead. I am soooo happy I did. My lashes which are not long and few actually look as if I have my fake lashes on. They looke full and lively. The color is very intense, I bought VERY BLACK, and the consistency is great. I ddnt get clumping from this one. I luv it. This one is dedinately a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It does what it says - separates lashes and makes them very long. This mascara doesn't flake on me like Colossal does. After one coat my lashes are already separated and long! My bf sometimes says my lashes are clumpy .. the day I started using The Falsies he actually complimented me and said my lashes look nice! The packaging is so cute too! Will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly good for a very inexpensive mascara! I had to hunt for a little to find the waterproof version at CVS, but at $6 this is a great buy. No smearing, no flaking, even though I do wear a moisturizer and concealer in the eye area. And what it does to magnify lashes and hold a curl is amazing.