April 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted a bottle of liquid foundation that would tie me over until I saved up for an airbrush machine and a foundation with no SPF. Many recommended this, so I picked up a bottle. My biggest complaint would be the lack of pump, and it's a pretty big complaint for me. At least in the US, you can purchase the pump separately. In Canada, there is no way to buy the pump. The Nars website only ships to the US and Sephora and Nars counters do not carry the pump - it is online only. So that is a huge fail; the option is completely removed from me. So fellow Canucks, definitely worth noting if it's something important to you.

Other than that, this foundation is a very good one. Not "$55 for 1 fl oz" good, but it's worth a high-ish end price. The coverage is pretty solid medium and can be built up. I found it best to apply with my fingers. I got several compliments about how good my skin looked and how "glowy" I looked - exactly what I was going for! Also, no little shimmers like Revlon PhotoReady - this glows on its own. You don't need very much product which does make the high price tag sting a little bit less as this should last a pretty long while. They also have a shade that matches me very well (Siberia) which is rare as I'm very fair. Overall, my complaints about the product are few, and the ones I do have are not related to the performance of the product at all. Worth trying if you're looking for a beautiful glow and have a chunk of cash to spare.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by glorynails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the Product. Feels and looks so natural on skin. Packaging could include pump for the bottle. Pricing is little on the high side. But love the product, coz it does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by morganasd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation i have used so far!! it is very good for dry skin so its good for the dry spots on my cheeks. i use siberia( the lightest shade available and it looks practically white! the sephora lady laphed when i suggested it but it blends to match perfectly! i was origanally looking for laura mercier silk creme foundation, but they were way too dark for me. this one is amazing and doesnt separate by the day so thats great for me! it also doesnt enhance my large pores like most others do! the only downside is i have a very wierd textured nose- very oily but also very dry.... it creates excesive shine, but the skin is tight and has ver dry rough patches that never go away. the foundation absorbs into the dry skin and emphasizes it, but if i dont put very much on i can rub enough off that its not super noticable. overall loooove this!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after hearing that this was good for oily skin as well. I found that this caused my skin to have a thin layer on top. Definitely not a good look! I think this would be better suited for drier skins.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by starlettt30

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product, one of the few makeup brands that can match to women of color. I am an NC50 in MAC Studio Sculpt, and the NARS Sheer Glow in New Orleans is only a smidgeon lighter, but it still blends out to match my skin color. I'm considering checking out the next color darker, but I think it will be too dark or reddish.

As for the coverage, it's medium build-able, satin/natural finish. Not too dewy, and not too matte, so probably not a good idea for ladies with very dry or very oily skin. I'm not to sure about the glow thing...I haven't noticed any illuminating qualities that are unique to this product but it definitely livens up my color with a nice golden rich undertone and prevents dullness.

Obviously a big con is the poor packaging due to the lack of a pump, but hey, I'll manage and may eventually purchase the one they sell.

For me the most important thing is color matching because of how difficult it is to find a match for brown skin, so that's why I like it more than my MAC. (I feel like I'm an NC47, which of course they don't even carry).

To combat dullness and enhance glow I'll stick to my raw unrefined shea butter, which is AMAZING!! It takes the best of all products and puts in in an ultra-concentrated miracle cream that has sunscreen, retinol (for anti-aging), emollients (for moisture), and Vitamin E (for scars and marks) among many other nutrients.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

Liked this foundation alot! Ceylan is my perfect match!!! :) to start off, I dislike foundations without a pump!! I mean you could order it from their website for $6 + s&h (if you bought your foundation @sephora), but the total cost for this gets over priced! I liked the consistency, its very dewy and natural (depends on how much control you have when pouring it out!)
the coverage is light--medium, and its not too buildable. I find myself applying with a stippling brush for the best result!
theres really not much to say about this foundation, it is a good/descent foundation, i mean its not like OMG, I have to use it everyday..lol. staying power is about 5-6 hours for me, and i find myself having to blot every 3 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this on at Sephora and it does look very natural/sheer. The Punjab shade look perfect on my NC30 skin and it does not irritate. However, the side of my nose flakes right away which is weird since my nose is normally really oily. The makeup artist did put Mineral Veil from Bare Minerals on me as setting powder so it might be the culprit instead. I ended up not buying this but would love to TRY again (w/o setting powder) to see it is hydrating enough for combination skin.

It comes w/o a pump but you can add that to your purchase online.

Just added ingr. list: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [+/- (may contain): CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)].

*tocopherol can break out sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Rose9874

I recently tried a sample of this foundation (in shade stromboli). Compared to several other foundations i've tried (Giorgio armani designer foundation, bobbi brown, mac, estee lauder,clinique, loreal, revlon,) i am impressed and must say it's definately a keeper! I am going to purchase this as i am very happy with the results. I have very acne prone skin and this has not broken me out yet. The shade is very close to my own , i have struggled over the past few years to find a foundation that will satisfy me in every way!
Edit >>>> everytime i've worn this foundation i get compliments on my skin. My friends seem to adore the shade and commented on how 'nice' my skin looks, and my boyfriend thought i wasn't wearing any makeup when i had this on, which is definately a plus as he likes the natural look and so do i!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. It's my favorite one that I've tried so far. It doesn't cake, and stays on all day. The only thing I rated low was the packaging, since it doesn't come with the pump like the displays do, so I feel like I end up using more product than I normally would.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Coleeee

I have tried many foundations and I have found this to be the best one I've ever used. I tend to get small under the skin slots on my forehead and chin but I must say that since using this foundation they have reduced dramatically. If you're the kind of person that is prone to spots then I'd suggest getting the Nars Sheer Matte foundation as it's oil-free.
The foundation itself is lovely, it's feels silky smooth and skin looks completely flawless. It might be a little pricey for the amount of product that's in the bottle but you only do just use a pea-sized amount of the foundation, this stuff spreads far which is awesome! :)
I think that the vast amount of shades is impressive too as there's a shade that suits everybody. I'm really really pale skinned and it's hard for me too find the right shade, thankfully I found Nars! I wear the shade 'Mont Blanc' and matches my skin perfectly, if you're really pale and have pink undertones to your skin then this shade will probably be right for you.
I also wear Nars concealer and pressed powder and I must say that these are also brilliant, all of these products really do give you a flawless finish to your face when they are used together.
I was first initially going to buy Sheer Matte as opposed to Sheer Glow as I thought I wouldn't get enough coverage with Sheer Glow...how wrong I was! With this foundation you can create any kind of coverage, from light to full. This I think is brilliant! I have to say that even though I do like a full coverage I tend to wear this foundation as a light coverage, it makes your skin glow and look super healthy.
I really would go and buy this foundation if you're looking for the perfect one, it's just simply amazing! :D