September 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I agree this in something between mufe f&b&hd.I still prefer f&b over this because of the finish;like no other,prettier,great skin comments..
but this is more longlasting.But I prefer this over Mufe hd. It doenst stick to dry patches.Looks very natural when applied with fingers,melts into skin.Colour Deauville looked quite yellow but blended into exact match (hd115).I dont really see much "glow"..The coverage is enough for me to even skintone and covering minor redness;it is buildable,for medium coverage.It lasted well for an 9h day,no caking, and no oily slick on my dry/comp.skin like Diorskin nude(Thanx Nurken for the swap:)).Not HG,but quite close.I dont see anything in the inc.list that would break me out.I dont mind that theres no pump;the opening is small,unlike f&b.
I dont know if I will buy it again for full price,Guerlain is next on my list.
UPDATE; Officially HG material. When I get application right, not too much or little with Sigma F80, I get great skin comments. That also must mean that Deauville IS a match. I was about to order Mont Blanc because this is almost used! Or maybe that would match too..Seems I`m able to wear neutrals, pinktoned and bit yellow-toned fndns (must be b/c of some redness in my skin).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by anbheanog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even thought this product is recommended for dry to very dry skin types I do not believe that it is suited to dry skin. It leaves the skin looking powdery, there is no glow whatsoever, which is usually the reason someone with dry skin would buy a foundation like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by wetheliving

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG LOVE. This is my go-to foundation. It's the one I use when I don't want to worry about what's on my face, because I know it will control my oiliness (around the nose), cover my red cheeks, and- most importantly- hold up throughout the day. I do not set with powder and the foundation has a beautiful, natural skin finish.

I am half Asian, NC30-35 and wear Punjab, which is a PERFECT match. I shake the bottle HARD and apply with my fingers- this is the only way you should apply this product as your fingers will warm it up and melt it into your skin! When I am wearing it, I can't even tell I have anything on- and I scrutinise my skin A LOT when I'm wearing foundation.

My only criticism is the packaging- there is no pump (you can purchase a pump separate but Nars do not include it as standard because the product really needs to be shaken!) so it does get a bit messy and product gets around the opening. Occasionally I've used this "spilled" product by wiping my finger around the opening (to try and clean it up a bit!) and applying that on my face but have found that the colour turns a little orange because it has slightly oxidised. However I do not find that the colour oxidises on my face when I am wearing it.

Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Amieem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had heard a lot of good things about this foundation so i decided to purchase it as a lighter summer foundation. My usual foundation is Lancome Teint Idole, which i absolutely ADORE.
I loved Sheer Glow immediately after application. The application was very easy and smooth, and looked great with a very glowy/dewy finish.
But after a few hours i had a lot of troubles with this foundation. Having quite oily skin, this very moisturizing foundation did not work for me. It made my skin quite oily.
This foundation has a lovely texture, and the coverage is medium but definitely buildable, as well as able to be sheer-ed out. The foundation looked lovely on my skin for the first 2 hours. Absolutely lovely.
I returned only because it did not work with my oily skin.
This foundation would be GREAT for those with dry or normal skin.

I went to sephora to return this and decided to try the Matte version of it. Absolutely HATED that.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I originally went to Sephora for NARS Sheer Matte but the SA convinced me to try this. The match was ok NW20 and I used Ceylan but the coverage was way too light and had no staying power-- by the time I got to work an hour after application you could see I needed a blot and it looked kind of blotchy.
It has a nice smell and blends nicely--the problem is it only looks good for a minute before it starts to wear off. I liked that it was a true neutral--not to yellow, not too pinky-- but I need more and longer lasting coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by gloooria

I use this and mac fix + foundation and i would have to say out of my two foundations i love this one it just gives me more of a matte look as where mac i feel is move full coverage... I use the shade ceylon and it is a perfect match for me. The only complaint that i have with this is the packaging i know that they sell the pumps for it so that is a quick fix :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

I wear mont blanc and I feel like it is a great match for me. I use it sparingly since it does seem heavier than what I am used to (GA Luminous Silk). As it goes on it looks matte but as it "sinks" in the sheer starts to show through which is nice. I love that it does not cake up for me as I am a big smiler and some foundations (Shiseido, Chanel, Estee Lauder) have a tendency to just sit in my laugh lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by bilvic2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear New Orleans and the finish is very natural .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissAva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using Chanel Pro Lumiere for a year and it was just way too drying for me even though it is a satin finish foundation. I was on the lookout for a new foundation which did not contain any Parabens or Silicones and I found Sheer Glow.
I was apprehensive at first because a lot of people had said it clings onto dry patches or broke them out.
It literally looks like you have naturally beautiful skin. I was sick of having really moisturising foundations for my dry skin that were too oily...and finding Nars Sheer Glow was the best thing i ever did. It does not feel sticky on your face. It looks like your own skin!
As for any glowing properties...I don't see any. But that's fine by me personally.
The coverage is medium, you can build it up to full.

For reference, I am a MAC NC20 (sometimes NC15) and I purchased the shade Mont Blanc. It looks pale as it's going on my face but somehow blends into my own colour.

EDIT: This foundation is way too pale and way too drying for me... I started to notice it more and more as I tried it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aside from the fact that this doesn't last as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear, this is my everyday HG go-to foundation. Set with a light dusting of powder, this seems to last a good 8 hours - but for long work days I'd like it to last a little longer.

I like that the consistency of this foundation is thin. In my opinion, less is more. So I use about half of a pump to cover my whole face (and I've got a fat face!) with either my MAC 130, Sigma F80, or a Beauty Blender sponge. I've got pretty uneven skintone, some redness in the cheeks, and a few acne scars - and this foundation covers them all quite well. The finish of this is not dewy like Chanel's Vitalumiere or MAC's F&B, but is more of satin-like. It can get a little oily after 4-5 hours of wear, but that seems fairly normal for any foundation.

Nars foundations tend to work really well with people who have a lot of yellow in their skin, so if you're more cool-toned, I would definitely try and get some samples and color-matched before buying. I'm an NC37 and wear Barcelona or Syracuse. Aside from the fact that you have to buy the pump separately for this, I think the packaging is pretty nice.