NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 9/24/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a very neutral skin tone, which is what first attracted me to NARS foundation. I bought Deauville which claims to be "Light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones", although it was definitely very yellow once applied. It looks beautiful when first applied (I used a stippling brush), although, it settled and accentuated my pores and looked very patchy after a couple of hours. I broke out pretty badly from this foundation. Definitely not impressed, and I do not recommend it. :(

on 9/22/2011 10:53:00 AM

Could not find a color match in almost anything i had tried.... finally walking by the NARS station i noticed how yellow toned and natural looking all the foundations appeared in the glass bottles. I found my shade ceylan.. which is great for NC 20 skin tone, i always used to buy the lightest shade in a foundation, and just deal with the pale white cast it gave me, instead of going a shade to dark... this should not be a problem in the NARS color selection!
When i got home i washed my face and applied this right away... man was i upset.. I used my fingers and quickly spread it around and rubbed it in as i would do with a tinted moisturizer... It ended up accentuating all my dry patches, ones that i had no idea were even there!
Next i tried using the buffing technique with my brushes, this worked slightly better, though still showed up many dry patches...
Finally after reading the package instructions, i followed the technique they suggested, and it worked wonderfully!... I moisturized after washing up, then shook the bottle, dispensed some on the back of my hand, took three fingers, pressed it in the foundation, then gently pressed that into my face. This takes a bit longer but provides a very nice ending result.

My face looked natural, didn't have a glittery glow but a natural glow (since there are no illuminating particles in this), and the color finally makes my whole neck and face look even!.. If you where put off by the dry patch accentuation, please try the pressing foundation into your skin technique, it may work for you!

on 9/20/2011 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation! I am light with cool undertones, but I am not exactly "fair". Mont Blanc is a perfect match for me! You definitely need to use a face primer and set it with powder because I noticed if I don't I get less wear time. The price is a little expensive for a little bottle, but in the long run I think it is worth it.

on 9/19/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Great color match for me (NC40-42, somewhat olivey undertone - my match was Syracuse) and I loved the slightly glowy finish, even though I was less than thrilled with the fact that it tended to wear off a bit over a long day (which I was willing to put up with for the lovely color match!). But alas, after a couple of weeks I had to admit that this was the culprit of the breakouts on my chin. I do have very sensitive, acne prone skin, so if you have less reactive skin it may work for you.

on 9/16/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The best foundation i've ever used!! I use barcelona and it's a fair match, my sister uses this in punjab and it is spot on!! :O
I love the dewy glowy effect this foundation gives and full coverage does not look cakey, the consistency is spot on for me too and with a stipple brush i find it gives me a flawless look!
I personally don't mind splashing out on this because a foundation lasts me about 8-9 months, so i think it's worth investing in!
FINALLY i find that this works on my dry skin and patches too, maybe because of the brush I use with it?

on 9/13/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Firstly, this is sooo expensive in Australia ($99), so it would have to be close to darn perfect for me to purchase it.

Ill start by saying that the montblanc shade is a *perfect* match for my skin tone, which has never happened before. EVER. That was the first sign I had to have this.

Secondly, I have very very sensitive skin which is prone to redness from products, and this foundation totally covered and somehow neutralized my redness, i looked normal instead of a tomato! Sign #2

Thirdly, I didn't break out or get a reaction from it, so I've decided this is as close to a perfect liquid foundation as I'm ever getting.
Note: I use foundation powder over the top (currently ELDW but changing soon)

Id like a pump though

**EDIT**
Soo... I think this caused a massive breakout on me D: I have stopped using it for about a week and I haven't gotten any new pimples and my skin seems a bit better... SO unfortunate, because I was in love. I guess I will keep it for special occassions, or something. such a waste of money!
Also note, I have also realised that this foundation does not have the best lasting power. It looks great for a few hours, but then kind of sits on the skin awkwardly (I've tried with and without primer (smashbox)). Definately need something more longlasting. So very sad about this.

on 9/12/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best foundation for me and I have spent or rather wasted alot of money in the quest for the holy grail foundation. I have normal skin with only slightly oily areas around the nose and I wear the shade Barcelona. I must agree with most of the reviews I have read so far, this does give you a medium coverage and is a little pricey, however for the effect that it gives my skin I'm definately paying the money and repurchasing it again. In fact I've managed to convice both my sisters to purchase it too!

I apply it with either a brush or my fingers on top of my Nars pro-prime primer and then dust a little mineral veil from Bare Esscentuals over it to set it. And I can honestly say it does not budge, yes I may need to top my mineral veil at least once throughout the day at work. But thats it and it instantly revives the foundation.

I used the to wear the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich in 4.25 so I wasn't sure why I was matched to the shade Barcelona in Nars, but after wearing it for a few days I realised its perfect for me. And I have received many compliments about how my skin looks.

Yes the only down side is that it does not come with a pump which is why I scored it a little less on packaging.

However, I would definately recommend this, I havent suffered from any breakouts from it which is fortunate, you can always ask for a sample before you fork out full price.

on 9/11/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is my favorite so far! i have this really dry skin and i always need to moisturize my skin and use a primer before any foundation i use, but after few hours i feel like my skin is so dry and i feel bad.
after Nars sheer glow i feel my skin i so moisturized the whole day, i never feel dry like before, and they give me a healthy glow and my skin feels so good and i loved this so much.. i'm sure i'm gonna repurchase this product over and over again :)

on 9/10/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is the worst fondation i have ever tried. First of all there is no glow. This is a matte fondation that left a white cast ( ashy look ) on my skin. It has weight to it as well, i could feel the fondation on my face as i went on with my day. Nars is one of my fav make up brands, so i'm very dissapointed. I tried the shade in macao .

on 9/8/2011 7:21:00 PM

I'm not sure if it's the color that's wrong or the foundation. The first time I applied it I loved it. But then I noticed how it conceals all the natural glow from my face (coverage is high medium) and makes it look like I'm wearing a pale, orange or yellow mask. It doesn't look healthy. It shines in the wrong places and also tend to look powdery at times. The bottle is horrible because it has no pump so there is a lot of mess and spill. As for the price, it's very expensive!

Video Reviews & Tutorials