August 22, 2014 | 1618 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I originally went to Sephora for NARS Sheer Matte but the SA convinced me to try this. The match was ok NW20 and I used Ceylan but the coverage was way too light and had no staying power-- by the time I got to work an hour after application you could see I needed a blot and it looked kind of blotchy.
It has a nice smell and blends nicely--the problem is it only looks good for a minute before it starts to wear off. I liked that it was a true neutral--not to yellow, not too pinky-- but I need more and longer lasting coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by gloooria

I use this and mac fix + foundation and i would have to say out of my two foundations i love this one it just gives me more of a matte look as where mac i feel is move full coverage... I use the shade ceylon and it is a perfect match for me. The only complaint that i have with this is the packaging i know that they sell the pumps for it so that is a quick fix :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

I wear mont blanc and I feel like it is a great match for me. I use it sparingly since it does seem heavier than what I am used to (GA Luminous Silk). As it goes on it looks matte but as it "sinks" in the sheer starts to show through which is nice. I love that it does not cake up for me as I am a big smiler and some foundations (Shiseido, Chanel, Estee Lauder) have a tendency to just sit in my laugh lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by bilvic2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear New Orleans and the finish is very natural .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissAva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using Chanel Pro Lumiere for a year and it was just way too drying for me even though it is a satin finish foundation. I was on the lookout for a new foundation which did not contain any Parabens or Silicones and I found Sheer Glow.
I was apprehensive at first because a lot of people had said it clings onto dry patches or broke them out.
It literally looks like you have naturally beautiful skin. I was sick of having really moisturising foundations for my dry skin that were too oily...and finding Nars Sheer Glow was the best thing i ever did. It does not feel sticky on your face. It looks like your own skin!
As for any glowing properties...I don't see any. But that's fine by me personally.
The coverage is medium, you can build it up to full.

For reference, I am a MAC NC20 (sometimes NC15) and I purchased the shade Mont Blanc. It looks pale as it's going on my face but somehow blends into my own colour.

EDIT: This foundation is way too pale and way too drying for me... I started to notice it more and more as I tried it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aside from the fact that this doesn't last as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear, this is my everyday HG go-to foundation. Set with a light dusting of powder, this seems to last a good 8 hours - but for long work days I'd like it to last a little longer.

I like that the consistency of this foundation is thin. In my opinion, less is more. So I use about half of a pump to cover my whole face (and I've got a fat face!) with either my MAC 130, Sigma F80, or a Beauty Blender sponge. I've got pretty uneven skintone, some redness in the cheeks, and a few acne scars - and this foundation covers them all quite well. The finish of this is not dewy like Chanel's Vitalumiere or MAC's F&B, but is more of satin-like. It can get a little oily after 4-5 hours of wear, but that seems fairly normal for any foundation.

Nars foundations tend to work really well with people who have a lot of yellow in their skin, so if you're more cool-toned, I would definitely try and get some samples and color-matched before buying. I'm an NC37 and wear Barcelona or Syracuse. Aside from the fact that you have to buy the pump separately for this, I think the packaging is pretty nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by 6rungirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a more medium coverage foundation, not as full as say, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, but is definitely not as sheer as a tinted moisturizer. I like the way it goes on my skin. It's very smooth and easy to blend. It does not dry too quickly, giving me plenty of time to smooth it all over and blend it. It does not cover my blemishes but I use a concealer for that. I just apply this with my fingers and it works great for me. I use the color Santa Fe, although I also had Punjab at the same time and could tell absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in them when they were on my face.(I literally put them both on my face at the same time, one color on left half, one color on the right) I don't love the packaging...no pump which is lame for the price. I know you can purchase one. Also, although I like the sleek look of the packaging, the lid bothers me b/c it gets dirty easily. Also, my lid seems to fit crooked which bothers me, but does not affect the actual product. I really have enjoyed this foundation, and most likely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREATEST FOUNDATION EVER. It just melts right into your skin. Having somewhat oily skin I usually tend to stay away from anything with the word "glow" in it. However, I bought a bottle after going to a special NARS MA event at the Mpls DT Macy's and when I wore it a few days later my fiance commented that my skin looked really great. I told him it was the new foundation and he got REAL close for inspection and was like, "Wow, I would never guess you had anything on". Now THAT is a winner! I set this with a very light dusting of the NARS pressed powder foundation and it looks like perfection. I don't mind that this does not come with a pump. A little on the cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and some blendy action with either fingers or stippling brush... 2 min later I am done! Doesn't break me out and maintains a natural glowing look all day without making me look greasy. $49 is a bit pricey, but oh so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by staceylord

I was sucked in to all the hype on this foundation and it was on my list of MUST try. I got matched to Barcelona (nc 35-37). which was perfect for me, a lot of people say its good if you are nc 40. but nc 35 could probably get away with it too. Coverage if amazing its kind of runny and glides on your face. you wont need a lot of the product, which is good. If i put it on at 7am, i would need to blot my face around mid day and by 4pm it will start to oxordise. But if i powdered it would probably look okay.

I wasnt a fan of the packaging at all. i do not like poor out bottles. these are just product wasters. Ive heard that you can buy a pump, but in australia i dont think that is an option as yet...ive also noticed that Mecca doesnt stock all the shades (mecca is the only place where you can buy nars in australia). The only reason why i would not repurchase this foundation is the price. $99 AUD for this is disgusting! especially when in america you can get it for $49. and with our dollar being strong atm, why would i pay almost a hundred dollars for it, when in america you can get it for HALF the price?? makes you wonder whatelse is incredibly marked up in australia!

Also thought i might add, i have combination skin and had no trouble with this foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by 7thfly

this foundation has a lovely coverage, and is great if you use something that will control your oil. However it isn't non-comedogenic which means it will block your pores. Thus making them larger. This isn't great for long-term use. However it is light, lovely coverage.... just wish it was non-comedogenic!