July 28, 2014 | 1672 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by SockRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I ADORE THIS BRUSH. I picked it up at Target to see what all the fuss was about. It's only a brush. A $3 brush. I doubted it would be as great as everyone was leading on. How wrong I was.
This brush is extremely versatile. I can use this for my liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and get a nice airbrushed finish if I do a sort of stipple and swirl motion. I use this to buff in my powder foundation (BareMinerals) and it looks amazing. I can use this bronzers and blushes and they blend wonderfully. HG brush right here. It's so cheap too! I think everyone should pick up one of these babies, you will not be disappointed!!

PS. It hasn't happened to me, but I've heard quite a few people say the handle broke off. It's only $3! It's probably not made to last a lifetime. And it's not a huge spend to go replace it. Or you could just use it as a kabuki instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by retrea

This brush is amazing.
For three dollars, it smooths any and every product you can dream of onto your face flawlessly. I've always had a problem with brushes eating my product, but with this one, barely any doesn't make it to my face. After a thorough application, it's still more-or-less clean.
I use it to apply my liquid foundation, and then dip it into powder and dust that on. It does both jobs perfectly. I couldn't ask for a better brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by hillarylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing brush. Normally about $3 but i got it on sale for $1.50. Soft, but dense enough to really grab the powder. I use it for my setting powder and it looks like i have airbrushed makeup. Good quality, no strange smells, ink leaking, shedding or falling apart. And really, at this price what do you have to lose?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

This is an incredible brush for the teensy price of 3 dollars. I have high standards when it comes to brushed I use all over my face. This brush is dense, soft, and easy to handle. It has not shed one bit through all my weekly washings and buffs on my liquid foundation with ease. It works well with powder, bronzer, and blushes as well. I just stipple on a bit of my foundation and buff it in with this brush. It is amazingly soft, and SO worth the 3 bucks I spent at Target. I've recently bought two more, just to give out to my mom and a friend. They've also fallen in love with it. I don't really like the E.L.F. cosmetics, but the studio brushes work wonders. I suggest grabbing the C eyeshadow brush as well. What a great buy!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Hancocsp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush! I have bought so many stippling brushes for applying liquid foundation, but the ones I have bought all ended up leaving the brush hairs all over my face! This leaves NO hairs left behind, and fabulous for applying liquid foundation. Gives a beautiful, smooth, even finish. Great product, great price, will absolutely repurchase!! (Already have 2!)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by nucosmojunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this in my ELF Studio brush set and loved it. Since I didn't have stippling brushes seen in makeup videos, I used this one because it looked most like the stippling brush to apply my foundation. I fell in love with the way it makes my foundation look. I dab a bit of foundation on my nose, forehead, each cheek, and chin. Then I lightly swirl the brush around until its all blended in. I find I end up using less foundation and still get the coverage that I want. LOVE this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this brush. How can you not buy this, for $3!?!! It is soft, doesn't shed, dense, application is beautiful...I can use this for just the apples of my cheeks or use it to contour my cheek bones, this brush is awesome. Also the convenience factor of being able to run to Target and get this brush cannot be overrated. Have already recommended it to friends and will continue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Ericoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE MY ELF STUDIO BRUSH. It's only $3 at Target!!! If you compare it to other decent brushes they are around $7-$8. How can you compete with $3?! For being dirt cheap it is really soft, durable and GREAT. Because it was so cheap I was a bit hesitant to clean it for the first time since the bristles can start coming off and feel dull and all but I was surprised to find out that I was worried for nothing. I hope this review was helpful!!

For those wondering how I clean my make up brushes I squeeze a small amount of dish washing soap and a small amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I take the brush and mix it in the batch and then I swirl the brush around on my palm for some deep cleaning action. Once you feel like you got deep cleaned enough rinse it under LUKE WARM WATER! If you put it under hot water it can damage the glue or whatever is holding the bristles together. Once the water is running clear when you wash your brush it is clean. For me I take a hand towel and make a little hill on one side so my brushes are at a downward angle when they dry. So whatever left over water on the brush can drip downwards and not stuck inside the brush. Hope this helps :] If you have any questions msg me :]

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ivygreenpearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when people would talk about how soft their brushes were and I would roll my eyes and scoff at how brushes could not be so incredibly soft that people had to comment on it all the time. Nope, I was wrong. The E.L.F Studio powder brush is suuuuper soft and really dense. It buffs any product into the skin for a flawless finish. Even liquid foundation. This is by far my HG powder brush! It competes with brands like MAC and Sigma and may even be slightly better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by M1RACLE

I have 3 of these (got my ELF haul yesterday with two back-ups!). These are fabulous for applied powder and liquid foundation. I find both formulas of the Colorstay foundation difficult to apply and this makes applying them a breeze. Due to shipping (to Canada), a few bristles were bent out of shape and when I first washed them, a few bristles came out but overall, they don't shed at all. For the price, you simply can't beat it!