August 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly this is the best brush from the e.l.f. line that I have purchase and I will continue to purchase because it is that good and I am becoming a stickler in using a clean brush every day. I like it especially for the stick and to a lesser extent liquid foundation. It blends my foundation like a dream and in turn I use less foundation. I like the fact that the bristles are synthetic so I can use almost anything to clean it and it doesn't dry out. The only complaint I have is that you might get a bad brush because the ferrule tends to be shaky. Maybe it is because they didn't use enough glue or QC is lacking. But it can be easily remedied by using super glue to make it more stable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by animaloverer

These ELF studio brushes are AMAZING and only $3. Where else can you get an awesome makeup brush for that price. This one is by far my favorite out of all the brushes I own. I LOVE the flat top kabuki. Its great for stippling on foundation (just clean it regularly because its dense) or for buffing. I own two of these right now, but trust me I have already considered buying more. I probably will....when I do my next order or if I'm at target. This brush is awesome because of its functionality and plus it looks really professional and sleek. It also doesnt shed. (Or at least not yet and I've been using mine for months now.) LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Cincodemayobaby88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am SOOOOO in love! At first I was iffy on it...I was using it for powder and while it did the job it just wasnt that impressive. I finally tried it with liquid foundation this morning and I couldnt believe how beautiful my makeup looked! Airbrushed is the best word. every line and imperfection was gone. I BARELY had to use any concealer after and I normally have to use lots due to really dark spots on my cheeks and around my mouth. Just a word of caution though: remember you are only paying $3, therefore the quality control on ELF products is pretty lacking. I got lucky and got a totally awesome brush that doesnt shed or has loose parts, but in the past I have gotten bad batches of their products. Its a bit of a gamble but like I said for $3 buy another brush. Or if you buy it online, try giving customer service a call. They have ALWAYS been more than happy to replace bad products. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Lonis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its a good product, but its getting way to much hype than what it should be. first off it eats up foundation the normal one pump i use for my whole face turned into 3, its good for powders but it sheds ALOT, other than that. good brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by alove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I returned this brush.
I bought this brush for applying my mac studio fix fluid. I thought it worked well and I settled for the way it looked. However, i decided to splurge on the mac 187 brush and as soon as I tried it for foundation I knew I could never go back to using the elf studio brush. It is too dense and to scratchy for applying foundation well in my opinion. it doesnt get in to the fine areas around the nose and it does not leave the airbrushed finish that a stippling brush such as the 187 does. I don't think it works well for powder either because it does not buff very well due to how flat and dense it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Bought this after reading reviews here on MUA and am not disappointed! This brush is so soft and doesn't bother my skin at all. I used this to apply both Jane Iredale mineral foundation and Lancome's Dual Finish foundation powder and both applied like a dream! The brush picked up each powder very finely and applied it like a veil to my skin. Both powders applied evenly and lightly thanks to the brush. The brush hairs as I said are soft but they're not too soft and are firm enough to apply an even finish and don't irritate my skin. For $3 dollars it's a steal. I might buy another as backup. EDIT 8/13/11 Can I give this brush a 10? I used this to apply just the Dual Finish today and after using this powder for thirteen years I can say I've never seen it apply as well as it does with this brush! Using this brush gives the powder such a nice airbrush effect it's amazing. And I love that it picks up so little amount of product and distributes it evenly. The little product used for each application means that I save money in the long run. I also don't have to press and push/swirl this powder into my skin like I do when I used my now former HG Everyday Minerals flat top brush. Still going to buy a back up(s) and might start handing them out as gifts to family and friends! Now if only e.l.f. would start improving their product line across the board to work as well as this brush. Looking at e.l.f.'s site the other night I could see that they were blathering on about women wanting to look good and save money etc. etc. . Yes this is true but there's nothing worse than companies that prey on poor women's purses with promises of good value for the price but are churning out poor performing products that look nice and deceptive. e.l.f. ,from reading various reviews, makes a lot of junk that performs poorly. The gall they have to say that their products are as good as M.A.C. is just too much! e.l.f. for the love would you fix the many problems in the line and then come back with product that backs up your "good value" claims?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lissiebet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush along with a few other studio brushes last year. As soon as I opened it I noticed the bristles were not evenly cut causing the brush to look lopsided. Even after washing and reshaping this remains and it does affect the application of some products (such as highlighter and blush). I must be careful when I use it because the entire surface of the brush doesn't always touch the skin. The brush isn't very dense and the hairs splay very easily which I find makes buffing foundation in kind of difficult. This also causes the application of products like highlighter (which you want to go in a certain area) difficult as well. It does feel very soft and feels nice against the skin. It does the job for powder (which it is supposed to do) but I don't find it to be the multi-purpose brush others do. Maybe I got a manufacturing dud but overall I prefer the Sonia Kashuk Flat top for foundation as well as powder over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by bohobabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down the best brush I have, soft and gentle enough so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but also really dense. Perfect for applying all powders, and gives a flawless look when used to blend liquid foundation onto the skin. I use it for everything - to buff concealer, apply liquid foundation, apply mineral foundation, and even gives a nice natural blended finish when used to apply blusher. The thing i really love about this brush is that it doesn't soak up products, it just puts it all on your face which is what usually puts me off foundation brushes. Great price as well. When e.l.f. have free shipping again i'm gonna stock up on these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by dscrapbooking

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very nice dense brush. It is good for applying fondation and buffing on powder. Dirt cheap, definetly worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by gabrielarod91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST $3 DOLLAR BRUSH EVER! I use it to apply my liquid foundation and it's amazing. I also love that it's sold at target, making it easily accessible. This is definitely a must buy from ELF.