November 28, 2014 | 873 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sherscha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK. I've been a hairdresser for over 30 years and this is the first time in well over a decade I've been this excited about a product - and the whole Moroccanoil line. I first got it to try on human hair wigs as they dry out so fast, especially the lower grade hair wigs that have little to no cuticle left. Well let me tell you, I've seen the combination of the Moroccanoil and the Hydrating Mask perform miracles on wigs some of my clients would have given up for 'dead'. I am now recommending it to every client that buys a human hair wig. And my regular clients? They love this!!! They love the shine, the cumulative conditioning effect and the reduced drying time (up to 40%). That last benefit alone makes the product well worth the price....all of them together makes this a no-brainer. For my own color treated, 4" past the shoulders hair, it has more shine, more 'weight' like when it was virgin hair, smells wonderful and is incredibly silky. When I wear it up in a twist with the ends out (my usual style), the ends actually are as shiny and swingy as the rest now...not dry and rather stiff as they usually are. My clients even noticed this. When you use the shampoo and conditioner on a regular basis, you don't need nearly as much of the Moroccanoil itself, as they have argan oil in them as well. After two months of personally using these products, I found I need less of the oil as time goes on. Truly amazing stuff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow wow and wow! I really cannot believe how soft, shiny and less frizzy my hair is from using this product. I wear my naturally wavy/curly hair both straight and curly and this works either way. The smell is fantastic and my hair keeps feeling better and better as I use it. I am justifying the high price by telling myself, that my hair is the fashion item I wear every day.
UPDATE: Have had the same tiny tube for months and my hair keeps getting better!!! Love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I asked my hair stylist about this product, and she told me that she had tried it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the Agadir oil. I wanted to try it anyway, so I found a great deal on Amazon. I got the shampoo, conditioner, and a .85 oz. oil for $40. The oil comes in a glass bottle, and has a tropical scent, as some other reviewers have mentioned. I applied the oil on wet hair, and proceeded to blowdry. It did decrease the drying time, but I still had frizzies, even after using my flatiron. My hair was not as shiny when compared to when I use the Agadir oil. I also don't like the fact that the fragrance is so strong that it lasts all day and competes with my perfume. I think I will stick with the Agadir oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kim316

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff! Not greasy, unless you use too much. Only need a few drops to make your hair very soft and shiney. It retails around $40.00 for a 3.4 oz glass bottle. I recommend trying to fit a flip cap on the bottle so if you tip the bottle over, it will not waste the product. I purchased mine off amazon.com and got it around 28.00 plus shipping. After using this, I actually threw my other styling products out. They just don't compare!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I've been using this for 3 weeks now and I must say this is the best hair treatment I've ever used. One tiny drop is well more than enough to coat my entire chest length hair... any more and it will feel oily. So be careful and start off by using as little as possible. This is an excellent heat protector for when you straighten, curl or blow dry your hair. It adds a shine and smoothness that looks natural, not greasy. When I run my hand through my hair it feels significantly softer. May I also add, it smells wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by goshGirL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*Important to note I have dry, thick, curly, somewhat damaged hair! Hence my hair can take a lot of serums & oils without getting greasy looking*

HOW I USE IT: After I shampoo and condition, I towel dry to get most of the water out, and then I apply it to the end tips and to the roots, and run my fingers through my hair to get a dab of it throughout. Afterwards I usually blow dry and straighten.

THE GOOD: Since I've been using it, my blowouts have all looked sleek and shiny, and have felt supersoft. I like the smell, it's not fake smelling it has a natural scent, in my opinion. Overall I find my hair has looked shiny and healthy since I've been using it. I hear there isn't really a whole lot of the "argan oil" in a bottle (which is the actual oil in the product) but I suppose even a little bit of healthy oils is better than nothing! Another plus is that the bottle is lasting a looong time since I use only a little bit at a time.

THE BAD: You have to pour it straight out of the bottle (no squeeze top!) which can be messy and it's quite easy to pour too much out. It is also pretty pricey for me(I got it for CAD 40$ at Trade Secrets). The bottle is a pretty good size though. It is VERY easy to OD on Moroccan Oil. My hair can take a lot of product, and once or twice I've put too much and hair felt too slick and flat.

THE VERDICT: I like it. I find it's helped my damaged hair; it looks shinier and it feels much softer. The price is a bit high, but a bottle will go a long way, so I feel like it's worth it. The packaging could use improvements, but overall this is a good product that I would recommend, especially for anyone with thick, dry or damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by stacyhigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing!!! Ive been using it for over a year and it has helped me get my damaged highlighted hair back to healthly and shiney again and a little goes a long way so its worth its weight in gold LOL. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just say that I am a serum junky!! Tried 'em all!!
This is the Massiah of all things serum!!

The smell is exactly like Ojon's rub out dry cleanser, it's a light powdery nut smell. Very nice. The consistency is like a watered down serum...which really makes it easy to apply evenly! I used like 4 times the amount others are using the first time, and it didn't weigh my hair down at all, it's virtually foolproof IMO.

It has made my waste length fine hair very soft right down to the ends, normally my ends mangle throughout the day because it is so fine but since I started using this, it doesn't happen! I can't stop touching it!! And the shine is unlike anything I've seen, where has this been all my life?! Seriously, it's amazing!!!
It could have come with a screw on dropper though!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fitnessnut was kind enough to send me a sample of this (God bless her soul!) I used it on my relaxed colored hair, as well, and after it was fully dried, I rubbed some into my hair - concentrating on the ends - and the ends just drank this stuff up! It left them really smooth and soft and what was left on my hand I just rubbed on and in my hair. Great stuff and definitely NOT greasy at all! Just use lightly or else with a heavy hand you WILL get your hair weighed down. I plan on purchasing the shampoo and conditioner sometime down the line to get the SUPER effect of Morracan Oil.

*UPDATE* I bought the small 0.85 oz bottle of this and used it with the Hydrating Mask and it's MAGIC! I HIGHLY recommend it! I have yet to buy the shampoo & conditioner, only because I have a closetful of shampoos and conditioners and would like to get through those before purchasing others. But, when I get my hair touched up, I use the hydrating mask as a deep conditioner and the oil treatment right before putting curlers in my hair. After the dryer set, I blow dry and flat iron and my hair is like SILK!

*UDATE #2* - The day it's used, my hair is WONDERFUL and the fragrance is sensational! However, I DID notice that the day AFTER my hair felt a bit dry almost on the verge of straw - especially the ends. However, my hair still felt well conditioned and didn't poof up. So, what I did was buy Creme of Nature with Moroccan Oil Hair Moisturizer and this softened my ends perfectl. It smells exactly the same as Moroccanoil so my hair still manages to have that great fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MsRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with the raving reviews here. I didn't stumble upon this wonder treatment on MUA but my hair stylist has been using this on my hair for the last year as well as the Morrocan deep conditioner.
I have my hair blown out every Friday at the salon and she uses this whilst my hair is damp and after she finishes her magic with her hair dryer and her Mason Pearson brush. My hair is now gorgeous, and I don't have to wash it, or add more heat until my next Friday appointment. I have never bought this product myself, but if I ever stop going to the salon for upkeep, I will certainly be buying a bottle of this.