Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 12/3/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I usually don't like it when people post reviews before they've been using the product to really know whether they like it or not. However, I'm about to do just that...

I have only used this twice. Each time it has been when I've left my salon because my hairdresser uses it on me. My hair is extremely fine and after a horrible color experience, I lost a lot of it. This does not weigh my hair down. I can't keep my hands away from my hair after she uses it -- it's so soft and shiny. Overall, the best product so far. I will update if anything changes. As for now, I am going back tomorrow to purchase it.

on 11/29/2009 9:47:00 PM

I have relaxed hair, and this product completely changed the texture of my hair! It is amazing. My hair feels completely different after using this product and I can't imagine ever not using it. I do, however, plan on trying the Sally's version based off of some of the reviews I read on here.

on 11/29/2009 3:10:00 PM

Overpriced hype in a GLASS (what were they thinking here - oil + glass dont mix well ???) botttle. Any frizz control oil for hair (think John Friedas frizz control), will do the same at a much better price.

on 11/16/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. It really does work for my fine/curly hair. I usually blow my hair out once/twice a week. This helps keep it shiny and manage-able.

I did purchase Sally's Argan Oil after this, and it works exactly the same for me for a fraction of the cost! Yay Sally's! I took off one lippy for being overpriced.

I usually put a 1/4 teaspoon of this with my straightening emulsion or glossing cream on damp hair. Then blow dry. Amazing results that last and aren't oily/limp/gross.

on 11/4/2009 6:08:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I'm really trying to heal my baby fine super fried hair (I used to be platinum blonde and my hair still paying the price) this product is wonderful. It soaks in right away, so I have to use a couple rounds. It looks pretty good right away, but the next day, my hair is magical. I can't even believe it's my hair! I also love Wella Professional luminous mask, but the moroccanoil is so amazing, I might try their mask instead.

on 11/1/2009 8:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Am I missing something? I have used this product on both my and my daughter's hair - and we have very different hair types. Wet or dry, doesn't matter. This product is mainly 'cones with a bit of oil thrown in. It is drying, damaging and strips color like mad. It makes my daughter's thick curly hair tangle. It makes my fine wavy/curly hair go limp. When I use it during straightening, it makes my hair look dull. I don't know how many more ways to try it. Thankfully, I got the sample from someone else.

on 10/27/2009 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have the oil and the mask and I love them both. I have dry chemicaly treated blonde hair and my hair just drinks this stuff in. Super moisturizing and smells good. Got the little bottle of oil to try it out, and am gonna buy the big one and one for my mother. Definately would repurchase!!

on 10/26/2009 8:43:00 PM

This stuff lives up to the hype for me; I tried it in the salon and was hooked! I used to be very anti-silicone, but this serum turned me into a believer. While the ingredients look basic, this serum works better than any other I have ever used.

However, I must say that I also purchased the Sally's Argan Oil knockoff, and it works equally well. Sooo much shine from so little product! I'll happily be buying the generic from now on, and suggest that others do the same. There's no reason to spend $$$ when you could spend $.

I honestly believe that this stuff will help me gracefully (and healthily) grow out my bob back to my much-desired long length. It really delivers and makes me feel extremely confident about my hair.

on 10/23/2009 12:42:00 AM

Update:
only works for like an hour, than on my very damaged hair it looks how it did before. not worth the money at all.
and its mostly silicones!

Pros
leaves hair silky not greasey like drugstore oils
a huge amount is not needed
different from biolage masques
works for at least 8 hrs
good smell (i couldn't smell it after all the products i used, but if you don't use a lot of hairspray and other things you can smell, light but noticeable, not perfumey
cons
expensive
a little hard to dispense
VERY GOOD PRODUCT

on 10/22/2009 5:00:00 PM

After reading all of the rave reviews for this stuff, I had to order some...and I am SO glad that I did! It makes my hair silky smooth and so soft. Plus, it smells absolutely amazing. My hair is on the finer side, so I make sure to only apply the product at the ends and stay away from my roots. My only gripes are that it is a little pricey and the bottle (as so many other people have said) should have a pump to make the application process a bit easier. Otherwise, I am thrilled to death about what this has done for the condition of my hair.

Popular Hair Products