BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

I like the way this product looks on my skin, really suits my cool undertones. It is very shimmery so dont go made, just a dab or too and then blend, a little goes a long way, with this in mind the jar will last you forever, I cant even remember how long I have had mine. You can add it to your foundation to give you that dewy glow, Im sure there are other options too. I must confess I dont use it every day, but if I do decide I need a highlight or a little face boost I do reach for it. Just remember to use a light hand when applying. I find it best to stick to just one or two areas, either cheeks or temples for example, highlighting several areas on your face could be a bit overwhelming with this. Great item to have in your kit. Its not cheap but as I said it will last forever.

on 3/31/2010 8:48:00 PM

Sorry, I just don't get the hype! I find that it's very hard to spread evenly on the face. Even when I applied it with a brush, a cosmetics sponge, and my fingers, it still didn't spread evenly. In natural light, I looked like I have a mound of eyeshadow on my cheeks.

on 3/28/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall this product is really good...gives you that dewy look to your face... I apply this on my cheekbones, nose, and sometimes my temples, inner corners of the eyes and brow bone. However, when applying this, you have to make sure that you blend the product REALLY WELL on your skin...otherwise it'll look like sticky shimmery glue on your face! It looks really shiny and noticeable in the sunlight, if you don't blend it very well...so you really have to blend blend blend! This product is too expensive for me...and for that, I would not buy it again.

on 3/21/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Overall I do like this...gorgeous colour subtle shimmer. There are downsides. I find this way to sticky and very hard to blend on top of foundation. Its a mess. That being said I have found a new and better way to use it for me...I mix it into my foundation before applying. It gives a beautiful overall glow and finish...I get mega compliments when I do this.
The packaging is awful. I agree with a previous review that it is unsanitary, dont apply to skin, put on a clean dry surface first. This product should be in a tube I have a feeling there is going to be an awful lot left in bottle that I won't be able to get out and the affects the $$ factor as well

on 3/21/2010 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

love this highlighter, but find it a little to shimmery for daytime.

easily blended and nice light colour that can be darkened with blush and bronzer over the top

Great highlighter. I dont like how it a little brush applicator though, like its disguising itself as nail polish. It creates a wonderful shimmer on my cheekbones. a teeny bit goes a long way. seriously. or youll look like a fairy

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hate this product. BeneFit has great cutesy packaging, but quality of this just sucks. It has a poncy applicator (like nailpolish) and you dab it on and if you don't blend properly it just looks like a blob. It's also unsanitary to place it on the face and then re-insert into the bottle. I guess you could just put it on fingers then onto face....but oh, yes -again - unsanitary - you're just recycling bacteria. Why, oh, why - the high rating score??? - when there are Becca PSPs and Dior diamond highlighters out there. Maybe because it's more affordable?? who knows. I still, personally wouldn't waste my money.....JMHO though.

High Beam is a great highlighter, I use it almost everyday and it gives me a lovely, glowy look that looks natural. The packaging is quite cute in my opinion, and even though it's not a cheap product it does last a really long time so it's definitely worth the price tag. I also like the fact that it's fluid, which makes it super easy to apply. Will definitely buy again!

on 3/12/2010 6:06:00 AM

I got this as a sample and I quite like it, it does it's job but be sure to blend it in well as the edges can be quite visible under bright light.

One thing I don't like about this is the sparkles, which isn't excessive but still annoying

on 3/9/2010 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this product. I prefer this and my MAC CCB in Pearl to powder formulas. I think cream and liquid highlighters give a more realistic, dewy glow. I'm an NC35-37 and I was very skeptical about purchasing a pink-based highlighter. Moon Beam barely showed up on me so I opted for High Beam. The pink in this highlighter is not noticeable when blended properly. It just gives me a glowy natural sheen. I actually like the bottle and applicator, I find it very easy to use. I drag one side of my brush along the edge of the bottle so it doesn't pick up too much product. I put a very thin line down the bridge of my nose, a small dab on the ball of my nose, a small dab on my chin, and a "C" shape along my cheekbones back to the temples. Sometimes, I put a bit on the cupid's bow. The key to a beautiful, dewy glow rather than a greasy mess is to use sparingly, layer if need be, and BLEND. You will get an obvious line if you don't blend. I was really surprised at how natural but noticeable the glow was. I was expecting more shimmer, less subtlety, and typical highlighter results, but when applied properly, this stuff instantly brightens my face.

Video Reviews & Tutorials