April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mysweater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love High Beam! Honestly, I haven't tried many other highlighters because I got this one a while ago and don't see any reason to look for a new one. It looks completely natural on and not "makeup-y". It's a little thick, but my bottle is old (I've had it WAY longer than you should probably keep makeup, shh...it lasts forever). I use this every time I put on makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by susiepayne

I love this product and it is in my daily routine. It is pricey but in relation to how long it lasts its worth the expense. My tub usually lasts me about a year (i wear it almost everyday). It is very subtle but for a night out you can really build ti up to greater effect.

I used to use revlon skin lights which is a lot more dewy and you feel it alot more on your face- this however you don't feel as its so light.

Must have product. I personallly wear it under my bronzer not over as i feel when over it can sumtimes muck up the bronzer colour.

xx

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by endometrium

This is the most natural looking highlighter I've found yet. I use it everyday when I do my make-up now. I like the pinkish tinge is has and I find the application to be pretty simple. I find its best to kind of dab it lightly into your skin as opposed to rubbing while you're blending in the product for maximum results. The packaging is also really cute, I love the way benefit packages their lip stains and luminizers into nail polish-esque bottles.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jennam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like this product. It does go on a little weird, it is a nail polish brush. the trick to making this work is to bled with finger Immediately( this is important or it will go streaky).
I make three sweeps over each cheek, one down the nose and under each eyebrow bone. Blend with finger.
I like this because it brightens my complexion immediately and doesn't look sparkly and fake and fits easily in my purse for quick touch ups. The nail polish look is a little weird at first but extremely convenient. No it does not last all day long but really what does? Maybe two touch ups for the entire day.
Price, it does seem steep at first( around $30) if you have a dull complexion the needs brightening this works. With this simple bottle its quick, easy and convenient.
I do not use foundation just tinted moisturizer and have never found this to flake. Also, i do not detect any smell worth mentioning. I do also do not find this looking glassy as some other reviewers have mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by RHanson

I really do enjoy this product, and I am shocked since I really don't like other benefit products. It comes in a nail polish bottle with a nail polish brush, and inside might as well be nail polish...but it isn't! Inside is the most wonderful, face-enhancing, one-of-a-kind product. Why? It has pink. Something about the pink in it makes the product look 10x more natural than any other liquid highlighter I have used.

Applications: I will call these layers to make more sense, each layer consists of four little dots of the product

on the nose: Only ONE LAYER, the nose is already somewhat oily. Dot on the product and stipple, then rub to make sure its perfect.

on cheekbones: Two layers, but really make sure its not in one spot, otherwise it is way too obvious

on the forehead: My favorite place to put. One and a half layers in the middle

On the chin: Barely one layer just below the mouth

Please get this product, you will not regret it i promise.

Biggest Mistakes: Using too much in one area, using it in the wrong areas (should not be on perimeter of face, only towards the center)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Either I haven't mastered using this product or I just don't like it - can't decide. I purchased it about a week ago and I LOVE the sheen it gives (especially used on the cheekbones); however, when I apply it as the last step in my makeup process it gets "stuck" in the powder and doesn't blend well. If I apply it before the powder and just over the foundation then it disappears once I set with powder and the powder clumps in it if it hasn't completely dried. Am I missing something? Also, I have large red spots that have appeared in the area that I'm using it... on both sides of my face! Coincidence? I think not.

I'm giving this another couple of tries because I'm a makeup masochist and then it's going back to Sephora. Super pretty highlighting color, though, just a poor formulation for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This cream gives the prettiest pinky glow when the light hits it. It's a great product to just dab on the bridge of your nose and along your cheekbones when you're in a hurry. I hate the packaging though. It makes a disgusting mess. I expect better for the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm. I'm not exactly a fan of this product. I love highlighters, especially pinky pale shimmery highlighters, so I thought this would be a great product for me. I don't like the packaging, which is reminiscent of a nail polish bottle. It seems unsanitary to swipe the brush directly on your face, especially since this seems like it will last you for at least a solid year. Anyway...i've tried applying it directly using the brush...applying using a sponge...using my fingers...mixing it with foundation, etc etc and I am never happy with the results. It makes me look shiny rather than dewy/glowy. I feel that the product is just too thin. I prefer cream or powder highlighters. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Welshcake

Oh i love this stuff, I have just run out and need to buy some more. Although I do not wear this every day, when I do apply it I always think 'Man I should wear this every day!'. It gives you a lovely glow when applied properly, and really makes all the difference to your face. You can highlightunder your brow bone too, and it looks fab there. (Although I use Mr Frosty for that... hmmm- why do I bother!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by LusciousLashes123

It does do what it says on the tin, it's not called 'supermodel in a bottle' for nothing. However, the way it's made, much like a nail varnish, it's difficult to get all the product out of it for your money. It does work wonderfully as a highlighter.