September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really on the fence with this product. Given the 81% re-buy and the 4+ lippie average, I really wanted to try this product and like it. I've been using LUSH's Ultra Bland - which worked nicer than Clinique's TTDO balm that didn't last as long. I thought Ponds' Cold Cream could become an even cheaper & easier to find product for removing my makeup.

It isn't a bad product, but it's not particularly great either. It did get off my foundation & concealer with out any issue. It did not get off my waterproof eyeliner. While tissuing off, I could see makeup residue coming off - but I still felt I had to use 3 or 4 times the amount I do with some other products I've tried. I also had to do the whole shebang twice with Ponds, as well to really feel as if I had a clean face.

I know reviews have raved about how nice and soft their skin felt after tissiung off. While my face did feel moisturized [dry skin, used the dry/normal skin cream], it wasn't a true, hydrated moisturized feeling. It was more akin to what my face feels like right after putting on a foundation primer. Which while nice, felt very artificial and very silicone-esque. However, while going on, I didn't find this product overly greasy at all.

Personally, I hate the packaging. The packaging is really awkward as it's very small the first few inches, and then it's a big, round container. The cream is very emollient, so it was difficult for me to use wax applicator sticks to get product out. I'm kind of anal about products I have to dip my fingers into, and this product is not so out of this world amazing for me, that I'm willing to put up with it.

That said, I don't think this as a makeup remover is that bad, it just isn't great and doesn't work for me.

UPDATED: Added one star as I've found a way for this to work for me. It is a MUST that I gently rub in this in in circular motions and leave it on for 2-3 minutes before tissuing it off. Slapping it on to immediately then rinsing with warm water and a washcloth does not work. No breakouts, less of that silicone-fake moisture feeling.

It's definately a re-buy when it's on sale at Shoppers'. I still need to use more of this product than I do of my HG, LUSH Ultra Bland to get off an everyday (primer, concealer, light-medium foundation, powder, lipstick) face. One jar lasts me about 2 weeks - at $10.99 (regular CDN price at SDM) or $6.96 (Wal Mart), it's worth it to just spend the $14.99 for LUSH's Ultra Bland that lasts me nearly 6 weeks (45g).

4 stars, 1 star taken away for packaging, and the lack of value in comparison to Ultra Bland.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by shygirl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I swear by this product! I use it for taking off my makeup. It will get anything off! Including my waterproof mascaras :) It's not drying either. Very very moisturizing! this is one of my MUST HAVES of all time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Strut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently fell in love with Ponds Cold Cream but unfortunately it looks like the ingredients have changed.

Old formula: Mineral Oil, Aqua, Beeswax, Cerasin, Sodium Borate, Parfum, Carbomer

The new formula contains more than double the ingredients and is filled with preservatives. I am so frustrated that I have found a deep cleanser for my acne prone skin and now it has been changed. I do not understand why Ponds would change a classic like this! I am extremely disappointed!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by kristenpaff

HG!
After what I assume was an allergic reaction to alcohol, I was left stranded with no make up remover I knew of. Those wipes would just sting my face so badly! Until my mum told me about this cream that her mother used to use and now I only use this. It's wonderful. Leaves your face soft and completely breaks down all makeup on your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Luvsey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used Ponds Cold Cream since I was 16 years old that makes it I have used Ponds Cold Cream for 52 years. My face is youth looking and people are in shock of my age they keep on telling me I look 42 to 43 years of age. My friends tell me instead of aging every year I look younger every year.
Ponds Cold Cream is the best for facial cleansing. Love It! My facial skin is really nice. It is smooth and no wrinkles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I recently re-discovered this product. I used it back in the 1960's, which I merely save up with my pocket money and in those days, this was all that I could afford. It came in a milky glass jar with a metal lid. the consistency is somewhat softer than the now, all plastic jar & the cream feels denser. Back in those days the Ponds ad promote this product as the "7 day beauty plan", which is to use it nightly to remove make up & then re-apply just to leave the product on the face for a few minutes more & remove, do this for 7 days & rewarded with great skin ..... time sure goes fast. There was no such thing as cream mask in those days, but this is a similar concept.
I do not break out from products, & this cold cream cleanse thoroughly just like cleansing oil does with a luxurious feel to it ( just close your eyes & imagine you paid $70 for this cream) and after its been all tissued off, I layered a somewhat steaming towel over it & inhale deeply (I love the fragrance too), its really relaxing & I will pick up a few more jars next time I am at Walmart.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by KK18

I've been using this as an eye make up remover for years. I usually wash my face with face wash and then use this with a cotton pad to remove traces of eye make up and mascara. It's also great on a q-tip to remove stay eye makeup that might end up under your eyes.

I liked previous reviewers method of using this to remove make-up as soon as she got home and then face wash before bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by kimmyann

I used this stuff as a makeup remover once and havent used it since. It is SO greasy and thick. I used foundation as well as eyemakeup so I used this all over my face and tried to wash it off after with my face wash and it was soooooo greasy I had such a hard time washing it off. It felt like I had stuck lard all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by suzieqs86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing product and when combined with paulas choice 2% BHA it clears my moderate acne prone skin. love it!
*edit* came off this for awhile and went back on. I was using cetiphil antibacterial gentle soap which made my roscea and dry skin worse. I LOVE PONDS and will never stray again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

This is my "stranded on an island" product; I can't live without it! It removes all my makeup, deep cleans, and moisturizes in one step! I scoop some out of the jar, dab it all over my face, rub in, and then tissue off. My skin tone hasn't been so even in forever and this cleared it right up! Do I dare say I don't need to wear foundation anymore?