December 20, 2014 | 1667 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Klebron

I would say this product is OK. You can't beat the price i paid around $4 for it.. it says for normal to oily skin, i wouldn't exactly recommend this for oily skin. It works great on getting make up off. It doesn't really have a scent and i haven't really seen a improvement in my skin or how oily it is. I would deff recommend this for someone with normal skin. It doesn't dry out your skin and you won't get any tightness. I gave it a 3 because once again it did not improve my ance or oil problem. but it did remove my make up well. This is after using a full bottle 2-3 times a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Divinityinmotions

This thing it is not good in my opinion, it dryes my face a lot, smells bad and it is kinda itchy after. I have to use lotion everytime i use it, which i do in most cases with no matter what face cleanser i have. But....i think you can do better...you can buy better face cleanser than this. I won't purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by cookiecat123

I have used this for years - always recommended by dermatologists. This formula is not to rich, and my face truly is combo skin, this is a good consistency. Has an easy pump, big and small size bottles, it would be nice if it were a few bucks less. CVS makes copies of every thing out there, including Cetaphil, so I just buy those.

But...As much as I like this product, I wont be buying it anymore because the parent company Galderma does testing on animals.

I want to look and feel my best, especially on my face - but at what cost? I am a few steps away from ridding my personal beauty regimen of products that test on animals (directly or indirectly), there are so many major companies that dont test - Revlon, Tresemme, Paul Micthell, Almay, Eucerin, Nivea, and so many more. We all have favorite products, but saying farewell to Cetaphil makes me feel a lot prettier and healthier.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by yippee1999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, here's my kneejerk reaction after using this product twice...I just bought it two days ago. I don't care so much about how well the cleanser might "foam". All I care is how it cleans. It seemed to clean my face well, but I will say that afterwards, while my skin didn't feel dry or tight, my skin did have that "stripped" look. It looked extremely matte after cleaning it, whereas with other cleansers that cleaned just as well, I still had a moist, dewy look to my skin.

But really, not much of an issue. What matters more is...how does my skin feel 30 minutes or more later? And honestly it feels fine. Not dry or tight or anything.

The fragrance is a bit much for my taste. I normally use "natural" cleansers that aren't loaded up with fragrance. But I guess it's ok....

I'll report back in a few weeks to let you know if I saw a difference in the clarity of my skin...whether I saw fewer breakouts....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by CelesteB

This is my every day cleanser. I have used it for years and love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily3040

this is just my basic cleanser when i don't want to using anything to harsh. sometimes i will mix it with my Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant in the morning to make my face fresh and bright. the fact that it doesn't break me out and it cleanses my skin well enough for what i use it for is good enough for me. i must say though....i really don't care too much for the texture of it. i think i would like it even better if it foamed a little more..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I have oily skin and this stuff is perfect. I use it in the morning and it keeps me shine-free all day (I even use the cream moisturizer). I like that it removes the clogging skin oils. I think you may have to follow it with a moisturizer, because of this but their moisturizers are non-comedogenic. unlike your skin oils. It works really well to remove makeup (I only wear eye makeup typically). It's not super foamy/bubbly, but I guess it doesn't have to be, since it works GREAT the way it is. I will continue to buy this.

UPDATE: 4/14/08~ My face now has so many clogged pores and acne... what is going on? The only thing I have changed is using Cetaphil products. I don't know if it's just the cleanser, but I think it may be one of the culprits since I stopped using their creams/lotions on my face as well. I never get whiteheads (the acne I get is little bumps under the skin) and my face has errupted. I am embarrassed to leave the house without all my makeup on. I tried this because the other cleanser I loved is more expensive, but lession learned.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was way too harsh on my face--my derm recommended it since it was Cetaphil and I have acne, but it was way too harsh, smelled awful, and always left this weird sort of film on my face. I tried it for about a week, but I just couldn't handle the smell and scaling it left me with.

I prefer the Gentle formulation of Cetaphil any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have been using cetaphil cleanser for years- initially i tried it out and liked how clean my face felt- but it really dries my face out and i just thought all cleansers did that- but i recently found one that doesnt so bye bye to cetaphil (i have sensitive but acne-prone skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by tonyavicci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can I give this a 0? I hate this product! Ultra-drying on my skin. Immediately after using, my face feels horrible, very dry and flaky. I will not use this on my face again, I now use this as a hand soap, at least it wasn't a complete waste.