Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 4/28/2008 3:45:00 PM

I usually use the regular Cetaphil. However, I stopped at the pharmacy to buy my usual and it was no where to be found. However, there was new cetaphil for oily skin. I have combination skin so Cetaphil works perfectly. But this new cetaphil is terrible. It has dried out my skin so badly. It physically hurt to put lotion on my face. It stung so badly.
Im shocked since Cetaphil is a great product. But this new one is just horrendous. Yesterday when I put my makeup on there were dry flakes all over my face.
What a terrible purchase. I cannot seem to find the regular Cetaphil. I might switch to Spectro Gel. So diappointing.

on 4/28/2008 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and can wash my face up to 3 or 4 times a day. I can do this with this cleanser w/o any irritation or dryness or itchiness.

The more I use it the more I like it. Its not the greatest for removing make up, but can remove most of it. It cleans out my mineral makeup but not my eyeliner, but most cleansers don't. It isn't my all time favorite cleanser, but the only one I like better is by Shiseido, but its many times more costly and I don't like dealing with tubes and caps.

I also love the pump and I can get big bottles of it at BJ's for cheap and just plunk this down on the sink and it lasts a long time. My husband likes it too as he won't use a moisturizer and this doesn't leave his skin feeling dried out.

on 4/26/2008 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Quite possibly the worst cleanser around. I have oily, acne prone and sensitve skin. I've used the regular cetaphil cleanser without incident. I bought some of this stuff thinking it might be better for my skin type. Wrong!! Every time I've used it, it leaves my skin so tight that it's shiny!!! But with a light haze of dryness everywhere. It's WEIRD!!! I've never seen anything like this. When I put my makeup on afterwards it looks like a trainwreck. Horrible, horrible...HORRIBLE!! Oh, and it made me break-out more too. So yeah. Awful.

on 4/24/2008 3:07:00 PM

I'm pregnant and my skin has become increasingly oily and broken out. I've never had problem skin before pregnancy. This cleanser has really helped my skin, I love it and will continue to use it, probably even after I have the baby! (I previously used the Clinique 3-step system and it was aggravating my skin). This stuff is is great.

on 4/21/2008 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Out of all the cleansers I have ever used, this one really messed up my skin, and I have tried a ton of cleansers. I thought Cetaphil would be extra gentle, but instead all it did was dry my skin so that the top layer was stiff and scaley. It made me realize that a good cleanser should exfoliate dead skin yet leave skin hydrated. This product does the exact opposite: it creates a thick layer of dried dead skin and does not exfoliate. I now want to soccer kick the huge bottle I bought into oblivion.

on 4/15/2008 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A very good facial cleaner for oily skin does the job right and reasonalbly priced.

My fav cleanser! My only gripe would be is that it doesn't remove makeup very well. But I remove my makeup before I wash my face anyways, so I can live with it. So gentle, leave my skin feeling soft and clean. I use a combo therapy for mild but persistant acne (duac in the morning and differin at night) and this is perfect because that regimine has made my skin very sensitive. So cheap too! The 16oz lasts me months.

on 4/13/2008 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years. I use it because I have sensitive skin and most face washes irritate my face. This is good for washing away surface oils; however, it does not do a good job at removing makeup. I continue to purchase and use this product though simply because I never have to worry about it irritating my face and I use it in the morning since I do not have any makeup on. My skin type: Sensitive and Combination (oily in t-zone and dry on cheeks), occasional breakouts in t-zone and jaw line.

on 4/11/2008 11:47:00 PM

i bought this thinking it might wash my face better than the gentle cleanser did to get makeup off, it is a step up but it has a soap smell to it that I don't like and makes me sick when I wash my face and smell it so I stopped using it. It didn't overdry my skin so if it didn't have a bad smell I would probably use it again.

on 3/31/2008 4:22:00 PM

I would say this product is OK. You can't beat the price i paid around $4 for it.. it says for normal to oily skin, i wouldn't exactly recommend this for oily skin. It works great on getting make up off. It doesn't really have a scent and i haven't really seen a improvement in my skin or how oily it is. I would deff recommend this for someone with normal skin. It doesn't dry out your skin and you won't get any tightness. I gave it a 3 because once again it did not improve my ance or oil problem. but it did remove my make up well. This is after using a full bottle 2-3 times a day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials