October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by plilyheart

This is not your usual oil. It's not greasy, it absorbs very fast into your skin (unless you just pile it on!) I have acne prone skin, and I use it as a cleanser/moisturizer and I have not broken out from it. It doesn't make scars disappear but it gives my skin a nice glow.

I use it after I shave my legs and on my elbows. Really soft then.

TRY IT. it's vegan, no animal testing and it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

jojoba oil is such a wonderful oil. It has so many uses and nourishes the hair and skin beautifully. It soaks into the skin and doesn't leave a residue. During the day I rub just a drop between my palms and massage it into my face. It soaks right in and leaves my skin looking radiant. I apply my spf moisturizer right over it and my face doesn't look oily at all. At night I apply a bit more as it's ok if my skin looks a little oily. sometimes I blend or layer it with other oils/creams.

It's really wonderful as a hair treatment as well. It can be used as a deep conditioner by itself, but I usually blend it with some olive oil and/or coconut oil, heat it up, and apply it as a hot oil treatment. I leave it on anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour, and soemtimes overnight. Then, just shampoo it out then follow with my normal conditioner. (my hair likes a lot of moisture and tends to be dry and brittle unless i condition it a lot).

What I like about this oil is that it's light and soaks into the skin or hair with such ease. It's a bit more expensive than other oils but it's worth it and lasts a long time. It's much less expensive and more effective than expensive creams or pre-blended oil.

The desert essence oil is wonderful, i only wish it was packaged slightly differently. Sometimes a bit too much comes out of the bottle when i just want a drop or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mounttraver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this a few days ago as a facial moisturizer, and have seen an immediate change in my skin. My skin is allergic to most chemicals in traditional face moisturizers (even the ones for sensitive skin), so I gave this a try as an alternative. I've seen a dramatic turnaround in only 3 days: no itchiness, redness is gone, my once-taken-for-granted clarity has returned, and my acne/irritation scars are healing and fading quickly.
I wash with CeraVe cleanser (LOVE that stuff for sensitive skin), pat dry, then mix 7 drops of Aubrey Organics aloe + 1 drop of the jojoba oil in the palm of my hand, then use my other hand to pat the mix (very watery in consistency) onto my face. I've also been using the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion kit at night (wash with CeraVe both before and after using the dermabrasion to get the Neutrogena chems off my skin)--which I think has been adding to the clarity, but I've used it before and never had results like this.
I'm going to buy a dropper+jar for the jojoba oil, as the pour cap on the packaging is less than user-friendly, and seems as if it would leak when traveling. I took off one lippie for the inconvenient packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by CinCindy

Absolutely love! Jojoba Oil seriously saved my skin. I have dry acne prone skin and it has helped soo much. My acne has improved and my skin is pretty moist compared to what it used to be. I think this will work for any skin type. Everyone must try just to see some kind of improvement in their skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

Okay, this stuff is awesome! I had read reviews about this jojoba oil controlling oil. I've tried everything else to help my shiny nose, so I thought I may as well try this too. IT WORKS! I am amazed that an oil is what stopped my shiny nose. I didn't have to use blotting papers all day long and still no shine. I normally have to blot about an hour or so after I apply my makeup.

On top of getting rid of my shiny nose, this is a great moisturizer as well. I use it at night before bed and in the morning under my makeup. It's also great for use all over the body.

This is definitely an HG product. I feel stupid that I waited this long to try it. I would most definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by chihero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Haha, I'm another one of those people who read these glowing reviews and had to try it! Love it! I have combo skin that is oily in the summer and dry in the winter...and this really works for me. Its not too greasy at all and I love thats its just pure and organic, I don't have to research all the ingredients online because theres only 1! :) Anyway though, if you're skeptical, try it. And especially if you're all about the natural and organic aspect...its wonderful. I will use this forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kimmetje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a sensitive combo skin. I've tried several products and moisturizers but i like to try new things.
I've tried this jojoba oil but sadly it broke me out like hell...
First i tought that my skin had to get used to it but it got worser and worser every day.

For all the ppl that also broke out by using jojoba oil, try olivella moisturizer. It's olive oil instead of jojoba oil all natural and my skin loves it. I clean with Gamila secret (also 100% organic). No break outs anymore but soft, healty and hydrated skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by suiw

This is literally the jack of all trades of beauty essentials every woman must have in their arsenal. It's a wonderful makeup remover, especially eye makeup. It softens and moisturizes skin, it calms irritated skin and redness, it helps to heal blemishes, it moisturizes and tames hair frizzies. It cleans the scalp. You can mix drops in your moisturizer, your shampoo or conditioner, your blemish medicines. I don't know what else to say. I use it daily and I can't speak enough accolades about it. Plus it's very inexpensive and a little goes a long way, so one bottle can last you for literally a couple months depending on how you use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by crmeyers

I would have NEVER tried this product if it wasn't for MUA! I still can't believe that the positive reviews persuaded me to try it. I have very oily skin and it's extremely sensitive. To give you an idea--I am allergic to all foundations that I have tried. I have only found one powder (for now anyway) that seems to work ok--but I can only use it on my nose and nowhere else. I have to use All Free and Clear laundry detergent and run through the rinse cycle twice! Anyway--the point is, is that I am SENSITIVE.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how this stuff works!! I put two drops on my fingertips and rub all over my face. I am not at all joking that when I wake up, I have the smoothest, softest skin. In the morning, I apply only 1 drop and top that off with a bit of CeraVe moisturizer. Sometimes I skip the morning application however. I gotta say, that if you use this at night, before you go to bed, this is the best nighttime treatment that I have ever used! Frequently, I will have little annoying bumps on my forehead when I got to bed. I used to think that I should put some sort of drying product on it--benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.. I have used Differin before too (allergic to that). But, this jojoba oil works so much better than anything drying! I still can't figure out how it works, but it does.

They sell it at Whole Foods for about $8 for a 4 oz bottle. They sell a smaller 2 oz bottle for about a $1 less, which doesn't make sense. It will last me years.

I thought it was a fluke that I woke up with such great skin after using this so I kept on using it figuring that it couldn't possibly last. I have now been using it daily for 3 weeks straight and still love it. I love it so much that I will bring it with me when I travel.

**EDIT 5/28/08 I still LOVE jojoba oil. Love it. I have recently discovered the Suki line of products and my skin is the best it has ever, ever looked. There is a Suki product similar to plain 100% jojoba oil, which I don't think is as good and it is 4 times as expensive! You just can't beat the $7 price tag, and you can't beat the wonders it does for your skin. Thanks again to MUA for turning me on to this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product almost made me cry, as I had such high hopes for it. My skin is sensitive, oily, clogged prone, and acne+blemish prone. I had been looking for a good MU remover, and was hoping that maybe I could incorporate this oil into my morning cleanser as well. At night, I'd put this oil on my dry, MU-covered face, massaged my face until the oil felt like it had mixed well with the layer of MU, then wiped off the oil with warm/moistened cotton pads, followed with a regular cleanser.

The funny thing about jojoba oil is that it had actually helped clear out my acne. It was also a *very good* MU remover. But the most horrible thing about it was that it completely, and entirely, clogged my pores. And jojoba oil also made my skin extremely ITCHY. I had never had a product with that kind of reaction on my skin before, so that was quite alarming.

Two lippies for its acne-clearing, MU-removing elements. I would actually encourage people to try on this product. It seems like jojoba oil is one of those either/or products. Either it could be absolutely bad for you, or an absolute holy grail for your skin.