BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 2/10/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I do not like this product at all. Benefit's salespeople convinced me that this was going to make me look glorious (as they say about all products) but basically all it did was make me look like I had glittery-stuff around my eyes. I even got one of the Benefit salespeople to admit that it was "basically just glitter". I am not a glitter fan, but even for those who are, I am willing to bet that you can buy glitter at a much cheaper price. Also.. the consistency is kind of gooey/unpleasant, and it makes me nervous to slather something around my cheeks/eyes that is not noncomedogenic (will NOT clog pores).

on 2/9/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite highlighter. Very easy to blend. Gives a bit of shimmer with a pinkish tone but can be used on light skin with beige undertones. I only put a couple drops under and around the outside of my eye and one under the brow.

on 2/8/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a wonderful highlighter and totally worth the money to me. I use it on the bridge of my nose, cheekbones, and chin. It blends wonderfully and the glow it imparts is so beautiful; It's not obvious or glittery at all. Just give it a try the next time you're at the Benefit counter or at Sephora. You'll love it!

on 2/7/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this<3 It looks natural. It's really pricey.

on 2/6/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample at Sephora a couple of months ago and I've only used it a couple of times. I'm trying to like it, cause it gives my face a good glow (I use it on my nose and cheekbones). But it's just hard to get used to the liquid-formula.. I'm so used to putting my powder-form highlighter on with a brush and it feels wrong to dab the liquid on. Last night the sales-guy at Sephora talked me into getting the full size bottle (it came in a kit w/ Hoola, BadGal and Tequila. All full size for $35!!). So, I'm gonna try to make this a part of my daily routine (I'm hiding all my other highlighters LOL). I really like the product and I would probably buy it again (I doubt I ever will though, the bottle seems to last FOREVER) and yes, I would recommend this to other makeup freaks :)

on 2/4/2010 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this every day for highlighting my cupids bow and also often on cheekbones and browbones when using matte e/s. It gives my winter pale complexion a nice, dewy shimmer w/ a pinky hue.
Great stuff, but staying power could be a little better, so I took 1 lippy off for that, but otherwise really happy w/ this product.

PROS: There are many who love this. It is a nice highlighter for those with pink undertones and who want an obvious highlight.

CONS: A tiny bit too pink for me, and I'm N15, leaning toward NC. Was quite frosty and obvious on me

ALTERNATES: Moon Beam is less "frosty." A dupe for this that's much cheaper is E.L.F.'s Moonbeam (not Benefit's Moon Beam). I actually love Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Pen or some name like that for subtle shimmer.

******The 6th pic. here does not really show the true color. The pic. looks way more golden and less pink than it actually is. If the label didn't say "High Beam," I would swear it was "Moon Beam."*******

This my perfect HG highlighter color! It makes me look absolutely dewy and radiant. It does not affect my powder foundation underneath it at all. I love the nail polish-style bottle. Blending is easy- it really contours my face. It makes me break out every time, though. This is a special occasion only product. If it did not make me break out- I'D WEAR THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY!

on 1/28/2010 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. I kept seeing on tv about adding a dewy shine is the in thing, so I tried highbeam after seeing in an ulta mag. I feel like i have to use it everyday and I dont wanna go without. After im done putting it on my cheek bones i wipe whats left on my finger down the bridge of my nose and it makes my nose look more sleek.

on 1/27/2010 8:35:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product.... I'm starting to get to that age where anything I can do to add a certain freshness to my look is nice for nights out. I have the Benefit dusting powder trio set (the one with the golden colors and the white) and was hoping that this would be a better version of those. I gravitate to more yellow undertones as my skin is already on the reddish side and adding more red/pink can make me look ruddy. I do not think that this made me look ruddy however I didn't feel it was a superior product to the powder trio set that I already have and I liked the gold contrast on my skin better. I found the powder to be a little easier to blend out so that I have a glow and not so much of a sheen. Its certainly not a bad product by any means... It just depends on your coloring and how much you are looking to get with this... i prefer more of an inner glow look... this made me look a little shiny instead.

Popular Highlighters