Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 6/22/2005 3:27:00 PM

Really great lotion. My legs really have a tough time in the summer, shaving really irritates them, making them red and itchy, but ever since I switched to Aveeno I've had no problems at all. Leaves skin smooth.

on 6/9/2005 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Excellent body lotion for someone with dry skin, especially in dryer climates or during winter; its a tossup between this and Johnson's 24 hour moisturizer for my favorite. Its a bit expensive for a drugstore brand, but it doesn't irritate my skin, doesn't make me break out anywhere, or leave my skin feeling greasy.

on 6/5/2005 11:41:00 PM

An excellent every day lotion for a variety of skin types. Absorbs well with no greasy residue. Also fragrance free.

on 6/2/2005 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

While it was very moisturizing I couldn't stand the scent of this one. I tried it on Mom's recommendation that oatmeal was cooling to sun burns, I guess she meant Oatmeal baths!

on 5/30/2005 5:54:00 PM

A nice lotion that really helps when my skin is itchy. It's a bit greasy for me, so it's not something I use except when I need it. No weird scents or anything either.

on 5/12/2005 11:35:00 PM

Great stuff. It does cost a bit more than Curel though.

I love this moisturizer! It doesn't clog pores or irritate my sensitive skin. I even use this on my face. If you apply too much (which is easy to do), it will feel like there is a film. But, if you use just enough to completely absorb, your skin will feel soft and completely moisturized.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product!!! My skin can get really dry, so when I went to visit my dermatologist, I asked what body lotion he recommended, and this is the one he said! It has worked really really well for me and my skin looks and feels MUCH better! I think it's a little pricy for a reg. lotion, but it's a lot better than the others out there! This really does keep you moisturized 24 hours a day!! I definitely think everyone should try this!

on 4/29/2005 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

while i can't stand this product, i've given it 5 lippies, because it is the product that made me realize that my skin hates glycerin!i tried this the first time in a friend's bathroom and my hands just LOVED it! they were so soft, i couldn't believe that this was a d/s lotion! so i bought the pump bottle of this stuff and after a week or so of using it exclusively as a body lotion/facial moisturizer, it started slacking. it wasn't absorbing into my skin--my skin had this film on the surface that wasn't quite "greasy", but wasn't "sticky" either, and under that, my skin felt drier than ever. AND if i applied more of this stuff, it would actually sort of clump in patches on my skin! like i had patches of oxidized oil on my skin!i asked someone who makes toiletries for a living what was causing problems for me in such a popular lotion. it's fine to use a lotion with glycerin. it's fine to use a lotion with petro products (mineral oil, petroleum, etc.,). it isn't good for your skin in the long run to use a product with both, especially if you've got dry skin and problems with eczema.petros make it so water stays in/on your skin (it doesn't mean you can't sweat, as sweat glands and pores are much too small for petros to penetrate and clog--hence all the lotions with mineral oil that are "non-comedogenic"). glycerin pulls moisture to the surface of the skin and works great if you're in an area that's at least %60 humidity.i don't get outdoors much, so i'm always in an air conditioned or heated building with very little humidity. there isn't enough moisture in the air around me to pull to the surface of my skin, so the glycerin pulls it from deeper layers of younger skin to keep the dead surface moist. since layers of skin are being forced to sacrifice their water content, this sends the signal to the oil glands to produce more oil, because the skin thinks its natural defensive lipid barrier is in danger(hence, that "greasy" feeling that so many people get from moisturizers/lotions on their face). also, since there's petro in this product, even if i was in a humid place, this ingredient makes it so moisture can't get out, but it can't get in either. so you're stuck with soft skin that's been "moisture sealed", with a product that sucks moisture from living skin to moisturize dead skin. hope this review helps. especially for those who wonder why the hell this stuff or any of their facial moisturizers are making their skin so greasy when they've got tremendous dry skin problems if they don't use a moisturizer. seriously, try a lotion without glycerin--i know it's more pricey or watery, but there aren't many out there that don't have it--IMO, the lotion companies know what i know and are just trying to get you to buy more of their lotion. continued >>

on 4/4/2005 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great moisturizer! Non greasy, lasts a long time. I love it!

The biggest downside is the packaging...the pump stick doesn't go far enough down.