Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 12/26/2007 12:19:00 PM

My sister gave me this as part of my Christmas present. I don't like the original Burt's Bees because it isn't very moisturizing and it makes an unpleasant waxy film on my lips. My sister feels the same way about it so when she told me this one was better, I believed her. I've been using it for a couple of days and while I wouldn't call it an HG, it has some good things going for it. Firstly, it's smoother and more moisterizing than the original. It's not so waxy and actually doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips. Secondly, I like the hint of natural color.

I'll keep using this until it runs out, but I doubt I'll repurchase because it's not as moisturizing as other lip balms I've used and my lips tend to need extra moisture to keep from getting chapped, especially in the winter.

on 12/23/2007 4:36:00 PM

I like how it doesn't feel waxy like the original Burt's Bees, and that it leaves a nice light sheen. The smell, however, is a little too cloying for me. I would've been willing to put up with it if it had amazing moisturizing properties, but it's merely passable in that department. Back to Honey Trap for me!

on 12/22/2007 1:26:00 PM

Although I actually like the smell of this lip balm, I cannot recommend it. It is simply not thick and moisturizing enough for me, I have to apply it every 10-15 minutes because it doesn't last. It is smooth and slick on the lips, but as I said, it has no staying power. Unfortunately, I bought a 3-pack of this when it was on special at Target, so I am trying to use it up. Will not be buying this one again.

on 12/21/2007 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While I don't mind the smell or the taste of this lip balm, I find that once it wears off, my lips are even more chapped than before I applied it. I definitely won't repurchase as plain ChapStick does a better job than this, and it's less expensive too.

on 12/14/2007 9:22:00 PM

I love the smell, just not when I'm about to eat or drink something-- then its overpowering. This is a decent lip balm, but I find Burt's Bees lip balms too waxy-- they don't absorb into my lips and soften them, they just sit on top for a while.

on 12/14/2007 9:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this stuff -- very moisturizing, slightly glossy, very smooth (no drag), non-sticky, one application lasts forever, and a nice smell in addition. I get full-on facial hives as soon as anything peppermint touches my lips, so I was happy that BB started offering balms that weren't the original peppermint -- for, while I like their gloss, it's not nearly so soothing and beneficial as a thicker balm. I'll always keep some on hand, in my lip balm rotation.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i love this lip balm! its so hydrating for my super dry, chapped lips! i put it on every night before i go to bed and my lips are always super soft when i wake up. love how smooth it glides on, unlike the honey lip balm. i dont taste anything and the scent is so light i hardly even notice it.

on 12/11/2007 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This tastes absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to moisturize my lips well in this colder weather. A few minutes after I apply it, my lips feel parched again. Although it is a bright red that looks gorgeous in the tube, it does not really impart any color to the lips. When I test it on my hand, there is no noticeable pink or red stain at all, and I notice none on my lips when I apply it. I still use this because of the luscious taste and it is better than nothing when my lips are dry, but honestly, Chapstick makes my lips feel a whole lot better.

on 12/9/2007 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this, I went through the entire tube in about a month :)
It's so perfect for wearing to school because it's slightly glossy, moisturizing, and has the perfect amount of color, so it looks completely natural. It's not my favorite product for moisture, but during the day it's good to protect my lips from wind and cold. Every time I put this on it gives my face a little boost, I always make sure I have a tube around.

on 12/9/2007 11:32:00 AM

this is probably one of the worst balms ive ever used, and it being burt's bees, i expected more out of it. the smell is horrid, i dont detect a fruity pomegranate scent whatsoever. it smells herbal'y and nearly gives me a headache. it doesnt smooth on nicely and it leaves my lips feeling smothered and dry. terrible product.

Popular Lip Treatments