Chanel No.5

3.5

on 8/25/2005 2:44:00 PM

I have never worn Chanel no.5, my younger sister wore it when she was in high school.She would liberally spray herself in our bedroom and for hours the scent permeated the room.I did not care for it,but did not want to say anything,I let her enjoy it,even though it was rather strong.Smelled "nice" on her, too mature though.Thankfully she moved on to lighter fresher frags. and these days wears anything with green tea.She's come a long way!

on 8/8/2005 7:29:00 PM

I've only tried the edt and would like to try different concentrations of this. The edt starts out VERY sharp on me. I dabbed some onto my wrist, sniffed, and my nose and throat actually stung. This lasts for about 20 minutes and then there's a lovely, soft, ambery floral. It smells refined, unpretentious, and natural.

on 8/8/2005 1:11:00 AM

I have had a a tendency to switch fragrances every two years or so for the past 20 years (fragrance junkie - you should see my incense collection) I have switched every 2 years until I switched to this. It is my everyday fragrance for - I don't know - 5 years? It never smells alcoholy - just soft, feminine, classy and sexy, sweet and spicy at the same time. Haven't gotten sick of it yet! It's truly a classic.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

The bottle alone is the very epitome of elegance and sophistication; a true classic fragrance. While Chanel No 5 isn't my all time favorite, it is one of those timeless perfumes that never go out of style and that linger long after the scent is first spritzed on. Although I prefer Coco, Allure and Chance, I will always wear this fragrance and it will never be discontinued of that you can be sure!

on 8/4/2005 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Fragrance is such an incredibly difficult thing for me to review, as I'm not well-versed in "fragrance-speak" -- I don't know top notes from dry downs, so all I can offer are my personal thoughts on a personal subject. Take it for what it's worth.I bought my very first bottle of Chanel No. 5 when I was 19 years old and in college. I thought it was THE most sophisticated scent I'd ever worn, and it made me feel worldly and elegant. Amazing what a scented liquid in a pretty bottle can do for a person, isn't it?I don't know what made this call out to me again after all these years, but I recently bought another bottle of the EDT, and all of a sudden, I'm worldly, sophisticated, and elegant again, instead of a 9-months-pregnant mom of 3 living in a chaotic suburban environment LOL.As I said, it's amazing what a scented liquid in a pretty bottle can do for a person ;-) ... continued >>

on 8/4/2005 9:04:00 PM

I have mixed feelings on this, it's not my fave fragrance but I think it's really sophisticated and the bottle is quite glamourous, it does have that clean soapy scent which I'm not to keen on but I would make an exception for this.

on 7/31/2005 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Firstly, I love this scent. I've never gotten so many compliments on how nice I smell than when wearing this. I guess with my body chemistry, it gets a little spicy and exotic instead of super soft and floral. I don't think it's too "old" of a scent and it doesn't remind me of the elderly at all like some people have implied, but that just might be because all of the elderly women I know wear super musky cheap perfumes. I have a problem with the bottle, it's a pretty big eau de toilette bottle that looks like it has a lid but you actually just press the top of it and I've had a few friends who've nearly yanked it in half. The straight perfume bottles are better than the toilette bottles. Anyway, I just love it in all seasons and apparently everyone around me loves it too, which is always good. I could bathe in it and it is never overpowering. I'll probably keep wearing it for so long that in 60 years I'll be one of the old ladies who gives it a bad reputation with the younger crowd.

on 7/24/2005 8:38:00 PM

There's a reason why this is THE classic perfume. It has survived my love affair with BPAL, which is saying something. Beautiful and well-blended floral.

on 7/24/2005 7:43:00 PM

I'm undecided about this fragrance-- sometimes it smells good, sometimes it smells bad (ok, it always smells the same; it is me who is fickle.) It either smells really sophisticated and soapy, or really heavy and powdery. It's definitely too much for me during the day. I think this is one I will have to grow into.

on 7/17/2005 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I changed my mind about this fragrance, as I grow older I am drawn by this perfume. I have bought the 'real' version and the one made by preferred fragrances inc(the best imposter of fragrances, IMO). Dries down to a nice,powdery scent. Very elegant. I can now see why this fragrance has survived through time.

Popular Fragrances