April 19, 2014 | 1674 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 1:07:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I wore this when a yr ago when I was 17, i used to like this A LOT, sprayed it on everyday, but one day I was converted to Coco Mademoiselle. I guess I liked it b4 cuz of all the campaigns and it`s considered as `THE classic`, so i was fooled by the marketing. Later, I really tried to smell it and I find it rather `old` (i don't wanna offend anyone, so plz excuse me for saying that word). I think it`s more suitable for women in their 40+ cuz it has a very rich and traditional scent. Also, my dad told me #5 stings his nose and lungs...lol, it makes him cough. I think it's important that every woman (especially in the west) to at least try this perfume on since I personally find that it represents our Capitalist society, but it's really up to you to decide whether or not you like it. Overall, I still think it's a wonderful scent, just not for my age, maybe when i'm older i'll convert back again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2005 10:32:00 AM More reviews by lareine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say that hasn't already been said a hundred times? I love this. It is elegant, classic, and makes me feel all woman. I can wear it with a little black dress, heels, and red lipstick, or I can wear it with a denim miniskirt and an Old Navy t-shirt and bare feet, like I am right now. It adds the finishing touch to any outfit.
I have both the EDT and the pure parfum. The EDT definitely has some harsher notes, and I don't like it so much until it dries down a bit. However, I like to spray it on my clothes so I (and others) can sniff it all day.
The parfum is beautiful from the start, soft and lovely, but it keeps closer to the skin and doesn't have so much sillage. This is what I wear for myself, or when it's not appropriate to have my perfume leaving a trail behind me. It is truly wonderful. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

The uber-classic. It really does not get any more classic than this. Beautiful fragrance that never goes out of style. Coco Chanel once said a woman wasn't a flower, so why would she want to smell like one, and this fragrance shows she practiced what she preached: it's a complex aldehydic perfume, not an imitation of a natural scent. Very classy and the perfect fragrance with that little black dress.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 5:22:00 AM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

one of my all time favorites.
i get the most complimented when i wear this and men look at me differently, at the office men of all ages find "reasons" to come near me.
this is my sexy elegant faragrance. ( i wear the EDT)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Solee

Love it! I love the fact that it's so old and that it has been around for so long. I love the way it smells on my skin; baby powder and woman. Everytime I wear it I come to think of the old days when women were real women and men were real men. Like a trip back in time. No 5 is timeless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quite simply, this is a wonderful classic. I have been wearing it since I was 16 and have never tired of it. Elegant, warm, rounded, feminine, ideal for any occasion, it is a beautiful fragrance that is ageless and unique. There are aldehydes present, which do not disturb me in the slightest, but overall the perfume is so well crafted that no one note is predominant. There is, however, certainly iris, rose, violet, sandalwood and vanilla on my skin and many others which simply add to the abstract floral perfection that is Chanel No 5. I have it in edp, soap, talcum powder and bath oil - I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with iamlloyd, who said it perfectly. I can't quite figure it out, either. Overall it is not to my liking. Way to strong and floral. My mom wears it all the time, but unless I'm with her, I can't recognize the scent. I don't mind the scent when she wears it, though. She gave me a small vial from her perfume bottle...and on me it smells completely different and most unappealing. Totally strange experience with this fragrance. Maybe my nose just doesn't process this right, but I'll not be buying my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Beautster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one I keep coming back to. Always classy and sophisticated, though not for the lightest, hottest summer days. It makes me think of Paris and those immaculately smart ladies. Ageless and stylish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by viet_babii3e

mmm this smeells so good =) my mom has it & i steal it all the time SHHH =) its lasts a rlly liong time & i 143 it =) & chanel dun test on anmials =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Sheuba

I own both the parfum and EDT of No. 5. My husband thinks the No.5 should be my magical "signature scent". He always raves when I wear it. It makes me feel cozy, warm, loved -- womanly. However, it doesn't make me feel like "an OLD lady"!! (I'm only 33.) I'm one who loves to --lightly-- layer shower gel, body lotion, EDT lightly all over, and parfum on pulse points. I don't _drown_ in it, but it melds together with my skin. It's cozy like being snuggled in warm blanket. (EDIT: This is my signature scent now. I just adore it.)