November 26, 2014 | 1948 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Sex_Kitten

I have mixed feelings on this, it's not my fave fragrance but I think it's really sophisticated and the bottle is quite glamourous, it does have that clean soapy scent which I'm not to keen on but I would make an exception for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 8:02:00 PM More reviews by sarahelaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I love this scent. I've never gotten so many compliments on how nice I smell than when wearing this. I guess with my body chemistry, it gets a little spicy and exotic instead of super soft and floral. I don't think it's too "old" of a scent and it doesn't remind me of the elderly at all like some people have implied, but that just might be because all of the elderly women I know wear super musky cheap perfumes. I have a problem with the bottle, it's a pretty big eau de toilette bottle that looks like it has a lid but you actually just press the top of it and I've had a few friends who've nearly yanked it in half. The straight perfume bottles are better than the toilette bottles. Anyway, I just love it in all seasons and apparently everyone around me loves it too, which is always good. I could bathe in it and it is never overpowering. I'll probably keep wearing it for so long that in 60 years I'll be one of the old ladies who gives it a bad reputation with the younger crowd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettfish

There's a reason why this is THE classic perfume. It has survived my love affair with BPAL, which is saying something. Beautiful and well-blended floral.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 7:43:00 PM More reviews by star811

I'm undecided about this fragrance-- sometimes it smells good, sometimes it smells bad (ok, it always smells the same; it is me who is fickle.) It either smells really sophisticated and soapy, or really heavy and powdery. It's definitely too much for me during the day. I think this is one I will have to grow into.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I changed my mind about this fragrance, as I grow older I am drawn by this perfume. I have bought the 'real' version and the one made by preferred fragrances inc(the best imposter of fragrances, IMO). Dries down to a nice,powdery scent. Very elegant. I can now see why this fragrance has survived through time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by tzelma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Chanel No. 5 but I tend to use the soap, powder, and lotion ahead of the perfume. Perfumes for me tend to be too harsh. The soft smell of the soap/powder/lotion is lovely. Give those a try if the perfumes seem too harsh for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2005 5:56:00 PM More reviews by smiling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don’t think I ever smelled anything as nice in my life. This perfume will be selling long after we’re dead. It is a classic.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2005 8:58:00 AM More reviews by honkytonkangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, I just want so badly to love it. I want to feel like Audrey Hepburn in it. Much to my dismay, I do not. Can be summed up in two words... NURSING HOME.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the nicest scents I've ever smelled. So classic, so clean, and so sophisticated. And unlike Chanel Chance, I haven't grown tired of it. Perfect elegant timeless scent, and still unusual. The clean almost soapiness from it smells excellent. The bottle is classic and I will be using this one forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by tesora13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So luxurious! When I wear this, I feel like a million bucks, It's classic, smells pretty, and is a people-magnet. I find that whenever I wear it, people can really tell that I'm wearing something amazing and want to know what it is. Just do yourself a favor, if you are going to buy this, please buy the eau de parfum, not the EDT. The EDP bottle is 100 times more glam and gorgeous than the EDT one, and smells more expensive and "accurate" as to what Chanel no 5 should smell like. It was worth the hundred bucks. Although it was a lot of money, I don't think I will go through this very quickly. All you need is one spray, once a day, and it melts into your skin and stays there for a really long time...