November 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product religiously now for about a week. I can instantly see the difference in the morning on how my skin looks and feels. I will be 32 next month and want to start on a "preventative" skin care regimen. So far I am happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by rins_revenge

I'm halfway through my 50ml bottle and have been religiously applying it every night for nearly 2 months. Well, I'm a big EL fan and I'm using a mix of the brand's products, instead of sticking to one dedicated range:

1. New Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher (every morning)
    2. Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser (every morning and night)
    3. Nutritious Vital-Mineral Energy Lotion (every morning and night)
    4. Hydra Complete Multi-level Moisture Creme for Normal/Combination Skin (every night, under Advanced Night Repair)
    5. Advanced Night Repair (every night)
    6. Idealist Micro-D Thermal Skin Refinisher (twice to thrice a week)

Phew. What a list. What can I say? If I use Advanced Night Repair serum ALONE, my skin doesn't feel moisturised enough, but it works nicely in calming inflamed, irritated skin and skin feels healthier and not so clogged. However, when used in conjunction with the other EL products... my skin is left radiant, zit-free and glowing, even with little sleep.

So I really wouldn't know if the Advanced Night Repair is worth splashing out so much money on, especially if you plan on using it by itself, or only occasionally. You may still get results, albeit slower and not that impressive. Personally, I believe when used alone, it's a nice enough treat to condition skin and keep it healthy. Just don't expect fantastic results that'll leave you raving. Best used with other EL products overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second bottle of this product. What's interesting here is that it seems to prevent the rosacea on my cheeks from flaring up, which, in turn, means I don't have to slather icky prescription medicine on my face. And I don't know, I just like it. Putting on a serum before my moisturizer (I also use it during the day under sunscreen) feels really luxurious. For note, I'm 30 with perfect skin and no sun damage (because I spent my 20s as a goth, cowering from the sun). I'm going to keep using this and MD Formulations sensitive skin glycolic cleanser until further notice. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by racheluy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 30. Asian with fair skin that tends to be dry.

Pros:
    Evened-out my skin tone.
    Silky yet non-greasy texture.
    Makes your skin supple and smooth.
    Makes my skin look younger (unless I'm deluding myself everytime I go in front of a mirror)
    Prevents breakouts. / Doesn't clog my pores.

Cons:
    God-awful smell.
    Expensive!
    For those with dry skin, you may have to follow it with another moisturizer.
    Using it for only 21 days for every 3-4 months (unless your skin underwent trauma: like sunburn, etc.); wish I could use it everyday.
    Wish it came in a pump instead.

I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 8:09:00 AM More reviews by jepowell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product in the past, but just recently started it at the advice of my dermatologist.

This serum really does seem to help even out my skin tone. It also provides some light hydration but more importantly, helps to ease the irritation of using Retin-A. I'm currently (under dematologists advice) buffering the Retin-A 0.1% by applying this serum about an hour before.

He has told me that in about a months time I should switch the applications around, and apply the Retin-A first, then about an hour later apply this serum. Apparently it will help with the delivery of the Retin-A.

I'll post updates about this in my notepad.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2007 12:57:00 AM More reviews by aurora_stone

I really wanted to like this product (despite how ridiculously expensive it is and how funny it smells), but this, like so many other high-end products I've tried, gives me zits! Arrgh, not just the small red kind, but the white pussy kind. 3 have popped up on my face already only after one week's use. =( So disappointed. Am returning this tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by yeet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have somewhat mixed feelings about this serum because other than leaving an incredibly smooth feel after use, it doesnt seem to improve anything. Im 29 now, but in my earlier 20s, i was totally oblivious to what sun exposure can do to my skin. I did not apply sunblock daily and played beach volleyball for long hours in the midday sun, sometimes without sunscreen (gasp!). But years later, i know i got away with murder because the only sun damage i see now on my skin is a few freckles. I think i did right then by applying the serum on my skin day and night, before a moisturiser. It's expensive, and i've stopped using it for about a year now. But i may just go back to it soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month now but wasn't sure if it was doing anything for me. Then I received a tube of Lancome's Primordiale Cell Defense Serum in a GWP and conducted a nightly experiment with one on each side. On the side using Lancome's serum (under their High Resolution moisturizer), I notice that the fine lines near my eye have returned. On the side with Advanced Night Repair (under cheap Night of Olay), no lines whatsoever! I'll never doubt its powers again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

I love this product,It's one of my all time favorite products but I like the concetrate version much better.The reason I took one lippie off is because of the texture on me feels slightly sticky.Other than that everything is great about this product I like the packaging,I like the ingredients,I like the moisturizing power of this serum,I like a lot the fact that my skin loves this product it looks much better more radiant.more fresh and more rested.In terms of wrinkle corection haven't notice a thing.To tell the truth I have bought this serum many times and I m very happy with that I don't regret but I believe that I m not going to buy it again and the two main reasons are 1) the price here where I live this product costs almoste 100 euro 2) the main job that this products does is to moisturize and to load skin with antioxidants and I have found other products that can do this job equally well and with less money and one of them is from Bobbi Brown the Intensive Skin Supplement and many others but for now this is the one that comes in my mind
    INGREDIENTS:Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Peg-75, Butylene Glycol, Bis-peg-18 Methyl Esther Dimethyl Silane, Glycereth-26, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Extract, Squalane, Sodium Rna, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Pantethine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Oleth-3, Oleth-5, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Caffeine, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Xanthan Gum, Tea-carbomer, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Bht, Trisodium Edta, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Yellow 5, Green 5, Red 4

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 6:57:00 AM More reviews by abcuio

Love this! My face is so supple and smooth that I can't resist my desire to feel it once in a while after application. The serum is very light and easy to absorb, yet possesses amazing moisturizing ability. It evened out my skintone and made my face glow! I can't comment on the anti-aging effects of the serum as I'm not even in my 20s yet, but I'll definitely repurchase this and is waiting to see what I'll look like 10 years from now! The only thing I hate about this serum is the price...so I try to wait and buy it during dept. store's anniversary sale.