Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

on 11/14/2007 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This serum is AMAZING! I once read a comment from a beauty editor who said she had been using this product since she was a teenager, when she would sneak it from her mother's vanity. Now, 20 years later, her face was line free! Granted, I knew that there probably were other factors involved (heredity, sunscreen, etc.), but I did run right out and buy a bottle! That was 7 years ago and I still LOVE this product! After applying this serum, my skin looks fresh, dewy and yes, younger looking! It is oil-free and does not clog my pores. It is very pricey. But, in my opinion, it is worth every cent!

on 11/8/2007 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample with a shipment.I was so anxious to give it a try.becoz several of my friends said it works well.but I stopped using after two days.it dried out my skin and even reddened my complextion.eh.luckily.It was just a sample.

on 10/24/2007 12:20:00 AM

Years ago Estee Lauder had an advertising campaign that said something like 'in 10 years you won't look 10 years older'. They were right! I have been using it for more than 10 years and this product is like an insurance policy. When I was younger I didn't see much difference other than the hyaluronic acid in it helped with my very dry skin. But, oh my! As my girlfriends and I got older, I just didn't get the signs of aging they did-the little lines around the eyes, etc. This product is great!

on 10/23/2007 11:12:00 PM

I was skeptical about this product, but for me, it works as advertised. It definitely evens out my skin's texture and lightens the discolorations. For me, I definitely need a moisturizer after it. I find that the Decleor Iris night balm paired with this does wonders for my skin. I don't actually mind the smell of it - though it does get masked by the Decleor Iris balm. It is on the pricey side, but for what it does for my skin, I'll continue to repurchase.

on 10/22/2007 1:36:00 PM

I was excited to try this when a tiny sample came in a GWP recently. I used it with my Clinique DDML. This does absolutely nothing - no moisture, no line smoothing, no evenness - nada (and all this for almost $100 an ounce!)
Actually made my skin dry, similar effect to retin A dryness, except I also broke out from it. Glad I didn't have to pay for it and certainly won't be buying this.

on 10/20/2007 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this product religiously now for about a week. I can instantly see the difference in the morning on how my skin looks and feels. I will be 32 next month and want to start on a "preventative" skin care regimen. So far I am happy with the results.

on 10/16/2007 2:30:00 PM

I'm halfway through my 50ml bottle and have been religiously applying it every night for nearly 2 months. Well, I'm a big EL fan and I'm using a mix of the brand's products, instead of sticking to one dedicated range:

1. New Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher (every morning)
2. Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser (every morning and night)
3. Nutritious Vital-Mineral Energy Lotion (every morning and night)
4. Hydra Complete Multi-level Moisture Creme for Normal/Combination Skin (every night, under Advanced Night Repair)
5. Advanced Night Repair (every night)
6. Idealist Micro-D Thermal Skin Refinisher (twice to thrice a week)

Phew. What a list. What can I say? If I use Advanced Night Repair serum ALONE, my skin doesn't feel moisturised enough, but it works nicely in calming inflamed, irritated skin and skin feels healthier and not so clogged. However, when used in conjunction with the other EL products... my skin is left radiant, zit-free and glowing, even with little sleep.

So I really wouldn't know if the Advanced Night Repair is worth splashing out so much money on, especially if you plan on using it by itself, or only occasionally. You may still get results, albeit slower and not that impressive. Personally, I believe when used alone, it's a nice enough treat to condition skin and keep it healthy. Just don't expect fantastic results that'll leave you raving. Best used with other EL products overall.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm on my second bottle of this product. What's interesting here is that it seems to prevent the rosacea on my cheeks from flaring up, which, in turn, means I don't have to slather icky prescription medicine on my face. And I don't know, I just like it. Putting on a serum before my moisturizer (I also use it during the day under sunscreen) feels really luxurious. For note, I'm 30 with perfect skin and no sun damage (because I spent my 20s as a goth, cowering from the sun). I'm going to keep using this and MD Formulations sensitive skin glycolic cleanser until further notice. :)

on 10/4/2007 2:14:00 AM

I'm 30. Asian with fair skin that tends to be dry.

Pros:
Evened-out my skin tone.
Silky yet non-greasy texture.
Makes your skin supple and smooth.
Makes my skin look younger (unless I'm deluding myself everytime I go in front of a mirror)
Prevents breakouts. / Doesn't clog my pores.

Cons:
God-awful smell.
Expensive!
For those with dry skin, you may have to follow it with another moisturizer.
Using it for only 21 days for every 3-4 months (unless your skin underwent trauma: like sunburn, etc.); wish I could use it everyday.
Wish it came in a pump instead.

I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/28/2007 8:09:00 AM

I have used this product in the past, but just recently started it at the advice of my dermatologist.

This serum really does seem to help even out my skin tone. It also provides some light hydration but more importantly, helps to ease the irritation of using Retin-A. I'm currently (under dematologists advice) buffering the Retin-A 0.1% by applying this serum about an hour before.

He has told me that in about a months time I should switch the applications around, and apply the Retin-A first, then about an hour later apply this serum. Apparently it will help with the delivery of the Retin-A.

I'll post updates about this in my notepad.

Popular Treatments (Face)